As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: Hivebent - Vriska Killed Dumbledore

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    You know I don't get why any of this is happening. This is the most convoluted plan to summon a demon ever.

if it's even a plan to summon a demon to begin with! for all we know the Medium could have been designed to STOP the summoning, and just has failed every time thanks to the machinations of Lord English and his posse!

even more convoluted!

The fact that DD went out of his way to create Bec strongly suggests that SBURB is a tool of Lord English

But if black is supposed to win wouldn't Lord English arrive by now? If black is working for Lord English then their win should start The Great Undoing. Or maybe all of this shit that happens in SBURB is incidental and something else has to happen.

We don't know enough about the purpose Skaia and the Medium to say this for sure. The black royalty wants to destroy Skaia. If the purpose of the game is to bring Lord English into the world, they are actively working against him, as it is clear the game encourages its players to win and stop that destruction.

Cilla Black on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I mean I guess it's possible, but there would have to be two sets of exiles and two sets of meteors from each instance and what would happen if one won and the other lost and blah blah blah

also didn't karkat say he created all 12 paradox clones? would it be possible to be paradox cloned from one instance and then have two instances? I dunno. seems fishy

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know I don't get why any of this is happening. This is the most convoluted plan to summon a demon ever.

if it's even a plan to summon a demon to begin with! for all we know the Medium could have been designed to STOP the summoning, and just has failed every time thanks to the machinations of Lord English and his posse!

even more convoluted!

The fact that DD went out of his way to create Bec strongly suggests that SBURB is a tool of Lord English

That's only true if we assume that all of the first guardians are made to support Lord English. Doc Scratch, as suggested earlier, could be an outsider.

I won't deny that that's possible

but it is a bit of a leap given what we currently know

Damn near everything is a bit of a leap with what we actually do know. That's what makes it so fun.

Walrus Pete on
    edited July 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    two seperate sessions

or just two seperate host/client loops

it favors neither

which is what I am getting at

two separate sessions would make less sense to me because there is only one alternia

but the interactions between the client planet and the medium itself is so convoluted, I can't even imagine how multiple connections instanced to the same planet would work out

'swhat I'm sayin'

The problem there is that we'd have to assume that out of the great many people playing SBURB on Earth, only the 4 kids we know ever made it into the medium. That seems unlikely.

ehhh the game emphasizes destiny and weird paradox shit so much, I wouldn't be that surprised if only the four kids made it.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

two separate sessions would make less sense to me because there is only one alternia

but the interactions between the client planet and the medium itself is so convoluted, I can't even imagine how multiple connections instanced to the same planet would work out

'swhat I'm sayin'

The problem there is that we'd have to assume that out of the great many people playing SBURB on Earth, only the 4 kids we know ever made it into the medium. That seems unlikely.

It isn't once you remember that this whole thing was one big mobius double-reacharound of a self-fulling clusterfuck.

Speed Racer on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe the Black guys are so seemingly ruthless is because they know they're perhaps the only thing standing against the end of the universe, and the white guys are nonchalant because they "know" the end of the universe is inevitable and they will win in the end.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

Hussie has done a lot of stuff we haven't been able to imagine before though. Why would one session have two skaias, as the frog ruins would seem to indicate?

short answer: they don't indicate that

at all

TheySlashThem on
    edited July 2010
    I mean I guess it's possible, but there would have to be two sets of exiles and two sets of meteors from each instance and what would happen if one won and the other lost and blah blah blah

also didn't karkat say he created all 12 paradox clones? would it be possible to be paradox cloned from one instance and then have two instances? I dunno. seems fishy

that's only if he reaches the point of making the clones before the sessions are combined. that's admittedly a stretch though.

Cilla Black on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    woah the site is down?

Projeck on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It isn't down for me

Speed Racer on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wait it's back

weird

Projeck on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had "Apache Test Page" for a minute or so.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

name one thing in this story that seemed likely before it happened

TheySlashThem on
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

Hussie has done a lot of stuff we haven't been able to imagine before though. Why would one session have two skaias, as the frog ruins would seem to indicate?

okay the way you pose the question seems to imply that you disagree with us but the actual words in the question seem to imply that you agree with us

you are really confusing me here

there are two frog ruins

these ruins seem to clearly represent the incipisphere of a game session's Medium. There are the twin towers of Derse and Prospit. Derse is off beyond the player's planets, while Prospit is attached to the frog tower, which we can then interpret as Skaia.

Taking this, we can look at the individual two ruins as two incipispheres and two mediums with their own Skaia. Thus that would indicate we have two gaming sessions rather than just two host/client loops, unless that loop creates two incipispheres in one session. What then qualified a session? It makes more sense that we have two sessions which get combined at some point.

Sorry if I'm being confusing, it is not my intent.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010
    two seperate sessions

it favors neither

'swhat I'm sayin'

okay the way you pose the question seems to imply that you disagree with us but the actual words in the question seem to imply that you agree with us

you are really confusing me here

there are two frog ruins

these ruins seem to clearly represent the incipisphere of a game session's Medium. There are the twin towers of Derse and Prospit. Derse is off beyond the player's planets, while Prospit is attached to the frog tower, which we can then interpret as Skaia.

Taking this, we can look at the individual two ruins as two incipispheres and two mediums with their own Skaia. Thus that would indicate we have two gaming sessions rather than just two host/client loops, unless that loop creates two incipispheres in one session. What then qualified a session? It makes more sense that we have two sessions which get combined at some point.

Sorry if I'm being confusing, it is not my intent.

This is exactly how I see it. Also, isn't that "some point" when Karkat ends up having to bring Sollux into the Medium instead of whoever on Sollux's team was going to? Or is my shitty memory making stuff up again
    edit: oh hey, more update

Walrus Pete on
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    02255.gif

VoproSTEIN on
  • LilliLilli Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Guys, if we assume the other kids didn't enter the medium, we still know they prototyped their sprites, therefore the imps and such would have been effected. At least i thought in the guide Rose read it talks about prototyping your sprite, and as we know pre medium entering prototypes cause the agents/minions to grow stronger. Therefore, we can assume there is more than one session per planet.

Lilli on
    edited July 2010
    Looks like he settled the "first" vs the kid's guardian thing.

VoproSTEIN on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nice to see whitetext ruffled for once

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

edited July 2010
    Hahah, I love that Terezi is able to contact Doc Scratch.

Lilli on
    edited July 2010
    Lilli wrote: »
    Guys, if we assume the other kids didn't enter the medium, we still know they prototyped their sprites, therefore the imps and such would have been effected. At least i thought in the guide Rose read it talks about prototyping your sprite, and as we know pre medium entering prototypes cause the agents/minions to grow stronger. Therefore, we can assume there is more than one session per planet.

The pre-entry prototypings don't go into effect until the player enters the Medium.

Walrus Pete on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the thing with the medium is
    you cant overthink it
    just roll with it and see what happens

iT's A mIrAcLe.

SabreMau on
    edited July 2010
    Also someone earlier was implying that the white side was evil, and black was good. Really early on Nannaquin tells John that good and evil will fight a battle that good is destined to lose, and each session has a reckoning that happens when the white king is slain by black. Which I believe is what she was referring to.

Lilli on
    edited July 2010

Prototyped sprites don't have any affect on the Medium until the player enters, at which point the Kernelsprite "hatches" and sends the prototype information to both kingdoms

Speed Racer on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

Maybe not. Maybe the other guardians aren't working for English, but the fact that all guardians cannot be controlled would still extend to them.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited July 2010
    Also someone earlier was implying that the white side was evil, and black was good. Really early on Nannaquin tells John that good and evil will fight a battle that good is destined to lose, and each session has a reckoning that happens when the white king is slain by black. Which I believe is what she was referring to.

Nannsprite speaks in the language of SBURB. We have no reason to believe that she can provide any information outside of the scope of the game.

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    the thing with the medium is
    you cant overthink it
    just roll with it and see what happens

iT's A mIrAcLe.

overthinking is a lot of fun though

Cilla Black on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had "Apache Test Page" for a minute or so.
    I had a fedora test page.

My test page is better than yours.

Bedlam on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

That particular Libra symbol isn't in Terezi's font color. Curious, no?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
    edited July 2010

Maybe not. Maybe the other guardians aren't working for English, but the fact that all guardians cannot be controlled would still extend to them.

Yes, that is exactly what the update just said.

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010

that's actually a small point in the "doc scratch is working on his own" side, as he must have willingly joined with Lord English.

Cilla Black on
    edited July 2010
    So going through some of Karkat's actions I came across something I didn't notice before.
    This code, when executed, immediately causes the user's computer to explode, and places a curse on the user forever, along with everyone he knows, and everyone he'll ever meet.

So everybody Karkat knows is now cursed? Including, later on, the kids?

VoproSTEIN on
    edited July 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »

Pretty sure it is

it just looks darker because we're used to seeing it against a black background

Speed Racer on
    edited July 2010

Is it not? I'm on a computer right now that has bad color contrast, so I assumed it looked close enough.

Lilli on
    edited July 2010
    So going through some of Karkat's actions I came across something I didn't notice before.
    This code, when executed, immediately causes the user's computer to explode, and places a curse on the user forever, along with everyone he knows, and everyone he'll ever meet.

but compare that with
    GA: Karkat Thinks Its His Fault
    GA: He Believes His Actions Triggered An Inauspicious Chain Reaction
    AG: You mean a curse?
    GA: Sure
    AG: Wow, between his curse and my shitty luck we are so screwed.
    GA: Im Not Surprised To See You Endorse His Paranoia Without Hesitation
    GA: But I Was Attempting To Illustrate A Point In Bringing It Up
    AG: Whew! There goes another one sailing over the idi8t girl's head! Ok, lay it on me.
    GA: These Events Are Inevitable And Regardless Of Whatever Emotional Entanglements Obfuscate Their Significance They Will Ultimately Serve An Important Purpose
    GA: The Curse Had Nothing To Do With It
    GA: And Karkats Notion Of A Curse Is Inseparable From His Perception Of Events As Intrinsically Negative And As Tailored To His Personal Dissatisfaction
    GA: And Your Bad Luck Is The Same Way
    GA: I Believe Anyway

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited July 2010

if we listen to Aradia though, the curse doesn't really have much to do with the ultimate events of the medium. Which of course it doesn't, as they're all mostly preordained by paradox time fuckery.

edit: damn you tarranon

Cilla Black on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'd chalk that up to GIF compression issues again. This page is only in 64 colors, not 256.

SabreMau on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I think he's right

compare

02255.gif

02024.gif

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

edited July 2010
    GA doesn't believe in luck or curses.

Lilli on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Pretty sure it is

it just looks darker because we're used to seeing it against a black background

Terezi's is 008081. This fellow's is 166ea0. I checked.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
This discussion has been closed.