As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Pre-PAX Dinner 2010 Thread - *Food Registration - CLOSED*

• EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there a deadline for signing up? I don't want to miss this.

when the tickets run out.

EskimoDave on
  • SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a curious onlooker and I was wondering if there are any pics of the previous year's Pre-PAX dinner.

I tried to buy one last year because the foods tickets have been sold out or something and I didn't know what was going on.

From what I've heard it is like Chuck Kee Cheese. We eat our food, talk, draw penises on our DS while people play Rock Band at the Front.

Senicks on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    Is there a deadline for signing up? I don't want to miss this.

when the tickets run out.

I'm not exactly sure this has a capacity. Obviously it does at some point, but the Pre-Pax Dinners previously haven't ever reached full capacity to my knowledge. Can someone correct me on this or clarify?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They haven't sold out before, but I think they're hoping to this year. They may have gotten pretty close before?

Heleor on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lemme see if I can answer some questions here:

1) There *is* a deadline and it's August 26th (The caterers need a final headcount to know how much food we'll need!)

2) There is a capacity limit this year and if tickets keep going the way they're going now, we will reach it.

3) We are *hoping* to have some very wonderful soul step up and help us out with some A/V needs...as of right now, we're still trying to figure out what's going to be available.

4) Yes, you will draw penises and boobies on your DS's.

5) Seriously. Lots of cock and tit.

6) I'm sorry that some of you are disappointed in the lack of Gabe and Tycho...I wanted to try something a little different as this years dinner is a complete departure from years prior.

7) The organizers this year are totally new as the original organizers (Electric Turtle and Astayonix, who I truly hope will be coming out to the dinner this year) made it known that last year was their swan song. We were given their blessing to move forward and keep the tradition alive and we have every plan to keep on doing it for as long as we can.

8) I think that's it. If you have any more questions, i'm so full of answers you'll shit with surprise when you hear how many answers I have.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • JadelyonessJadelyoness Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Have my hubby and I signed up! Feel like I'm attending an old-style BBS get-together.

Jadelyoness on
    edited July 2010
    Have my hubby and I signed up! Feel like I'm attending an old-style BBS get-together.

There won't be much talking at the pre-pax dinner...it's all done via text. Basically, I just mail you your food and we sit in an IRC chat and talk.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    Sageheart wrote: »
    I am Team Meat but I want Team Bird's button. I may have to mug one of you birds in order to get one...

Have the button images been posted already? I didn't realize there would be multiple buttons. I loved the button from last years dinner. I'm now worried that homicide will break out among people trying to collect all 3 buttons. This could be deadly :)

I kind of agree, actually.... it was nice to have one unifying button. It's nice that there are 3 to choose from, but there really should at least be a "Pre-PAX Dinner 2010" on each of them or something. Or at least we could get choice of button? I might have been signed up for meat, but I don't want the sausage!

MetaverseNomad on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so this is terribly lame of me to ask so late in the game... but my wife has a gluten allergy. I should've probably been paying attention earlier so I could bring it up when it was more timely, so if it's too late that's totally okay! =)

But... is there a chance that the caterers could provide an alternative for people thusly afflicted? =) If not I totally understand, it's very late for me to be bringing this up... I'm getting worse and worse at keeping up with all the events, eek! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Penises, boobies and meat? My excitement can barely controleth itself!

basicallygeek on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    6) I'm sorry that some of you are disappointed in the lack of Gabe and Tycho...I wanted to try something a little different as this years dinner is a complete departure from years prior.

Were Gabe and Tycho at the dinner in years past? I had no idea...

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited July 2010
    Oh, aye, they never showed up to the dinner as far as I know. =)

VThornheart on
    edited July 2010
    Once again, more answers to your questions:

1) Every one of the buttons has text in the background stating: Pre-PAX Dinner 2010. It's unification by diversification. I haven't ordered buttons yet, so if people *really* hate them, I can always re-design them. I thought it was kind of novel to have buttons per flavor, but...perhaps i'm wrong?

2) Gluten...hmm...Lemme find out from the caterers if there's anything that can be done now. We're kind of set in the menu and all that HOWEVER, I will ask immediately and see if I can get any sort of information.

3) Yep. Penises, boobies *and* meat. Don't contain yourself, just enjoy the abundance of awesome.

4) Gabe and Tycho have never shown up to the dinner (to my knowledge), I was referencing the buttons. Last year it was just one button that was from a Penny Arcade comic.

I have a very short amount of time to get the buttons ordered, so...if there is a serious influx of hatred, I will go a different direction. Once again, I'm trying to make this the best dinner I can for *everybody*...

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2010
    I like the diversification. Meat Group represent! (And you're doing a GREAT job a making this the best dinner for everybody, beta_angel!)

basicallygeek on
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Beta, you rock! I really should have mentioned it earlier... I completely dropped the ball on that. If they can't pull it off, maybe I can find her something on the way. Sometimes it's the way it goes with gluten-related allergies. =)

VThornheart on
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just wanted to thank you beta_angel and I love you! :DI plan on signing up next weekend!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
    edited July 2010
    VT - I will get an answer to you as soon as possible.

Everybody else - Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing my best. :)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2010
    No worries! And indeed, thank you for keeping the dinner going! Woot! =)

VThornheart on
    edited July 2010
    I should expect to hear back from them today...but you're all very welcome.

I will keep doing this for as long as it's wanted. :)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • JadelyonessJadelyoness Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

There won't be much talking at the pre-pax dinner...it's all done via text. Basically, I just mail you your food and we sit in an IRC chat and talk.

That works.. just hope the food taste better than the astronaut ice cream.

Jadelyoness on
    edited July 2010
    Based on my understanding of astronaut ice cream, I would say this food tastes....leaps and bounds...better.

SWIDT?

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MEAT, represent! And I just saw where this is being held - I love that building!

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited July 2010
    Right on!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Apparently my wife wants to come as well, so BIRD get!

Also, I noticed on the second time through buying that I didn't enter in my forum name, because I apparently don't read instructions. Will that be a problem? Do you need me to PM you my real name or anything?

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited July 2010
    Apparently my wife wants to come as well, so BIRD get!

Also, I noticed on the second time through buying that I didn't enter in my forum name, because I apparently don't read instructions. Will that be a problem? Do you need me to PM you my real name or anything?

Nope, not at all.

The forum name is actually just a secondary thing. We will be checking everybody in with their printed tickets and real names.

:)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2010
    I'm double posting to make sure these answers get seen:

1) RE: Mushroom Allergy - The two meat based lasagna's do NOT contain mushrooms.

2) VT - They *do* have a gluten-free dish and I'm talking to them about what they will charge me for just one of them (nobody else has mentioned a gluten allergy, so...as far as I know, it's only one). I don't know if it's going to be possible to get it added on or not, because things have already been signed and the like, however, I will push.

3) Make sure to tell your friends that you're Pre-PAX Dinnering!! We have more tickets to sell and we want to pack this to the gills!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shoo fly...don't bother me, because you belong to my friend Link.

Nobody commented on the Encino Man Quote? Bad nerds, BAD! ;-)

Teknotronic on
    edited July 2010
    Heh, you're the first. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited July 2010
    I'm double posting to make sure these answers get seen:

1) RE: Mushroom Allergy - The two meat based lasagna's do NOT contain mushrooms.

2) VT - They *do* have a gluten-free dish and I'm talking to them about what they will charge me for just one of them (nobody else has mentioned a gluten allergy, so...as far as I know, it's only one). I don't know if it's going to be possible to get it added on or not, because things have already been signed and the like, however, I will push.

3) Make sure to tell your friends that you're Pre-PAX Dinnering!! We have more tickets to sell and we want to pack this to the gills!

No worries, let me know! If need be, I can chip in a bit more (gluten free things tend to cost more in general, so I'm used to it =) )!

VThornheart on
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The more and more I think about this dinner, the more and more I want lasagna. Im still conflicted if I should get the chicken or the meat!?

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Joined the Bird Group! We'll see you after the Mystery Tour!!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited July 2010
    The more and more I think about this dinner, the more and more I want lasagna. Im still conflicted if I should get the chicken or the meat!?

MEAT! Chicken lasagna is an unholy aberration.

basicallygeek on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

MEAT! Chicken lasagna is an unholy aberration.

Would you make Lasagna with chicken at home?

I rest my case.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2010
    I would...in fact, I have. So nyah!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Same here, chicken lasagna w/ a creme based sauce is awesome.

Of course, I love a good red sauce as well, but Italian sausage and me don't get along too good. Anything with anise in it tends to give me a Montezuma's Revenge type of reaction, and that would make things a little dicey going into the TWDT right after.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited July 2010

Same here, chicken lasagna w/ a creme based sauce is awesome.

Of course, I love a good red sauce as well, but Italian sausage and me don't get along too good. Anything with anise in it tends to give me a Montezuma's Revenge type of reaction, and that would make things a little dicey going into the TWDT right after.

We'd have to get Katherine to make you a special button in that case LOL.
    My Italian grandmother would turn in her grave, arise from said grave, and beat me with a ghostly wooden spoon if I ate chicken "lasagna." Meat ftw!

basicallygeek on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We should build some sort of system to harness the electricity from the Italian mamas spinning in their graves right now. You people should be ashamed.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2010
    My Italian grandmother would turn in her grave, arise from said grave, and beat me with a ghostly wooden spoon if I ate chicken "lasagna." Meat ftw!

I'm German so my grandmother doesn't really care too much about how I make my lasagna...my beef rouladen on the other hand...holy crap, she'd kill me if I made THAT incorrectly.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    We should build some sort of system to harness the electricity from the Italian mamas spinning in their graves right now. You people should be ashamed.

Damn it, now I'm picturing an Italian-Grandma-Grave-Turbine power plant where people just eat really badly butchered pasta dishes for hours on end.

You could make a car engine out of a small one, as long as you keep one of those Oreo pizzas Pizza Hut used to make in the car.

SOMEONE GET THESE IDEAS OUT OF MY HEAD

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn it, now I'm picturing an Italian-Grandma-Grave-Turbine power plant where people just eat really badly butchered pasta dishes for hours on end.

And I am now picturing an episode of '24' where Jack Bauer has to stop a terrorist from blowing up an Italian-Grandma-Grave-Turbine power plant and plunging the country into chaos!

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
This discussion has been closed.