As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Charmy wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The movie is tracking at 68% at Rottentomatoes.com. Definately a drop from the 92% that Spider-man 2 is at, and I don't think all the reviews have come in yet.

Does anyone else think it's weird that it dropped so far so fast? I've gone from being impossibly confident to slightly nervous about the movie.

Ah well. Not much longer now.

If you're letting a bunch of reviews from people most likely with different tastes from yourself get to you, then i feel sorry for you. I never care what reviews have to say, because i disagree half of the time. I'm not saying the movie is going to live up to it's immense expectations (probably a big factor of the low score), but to lose excitement over what a couple of asshats who think their opinion on movies is better than everyone else's say, well then i'm sorry for you.

I've never seen the anticipation part as a particularly important aspect of watching a movie. Ideally, what I go in expecting shouldn't have that much of an effect on what I feel about it.

In regards to reviews.... I know everyone always says "I don't trust reviews", but from my experience, they tend to be pretty accurate overall. Not singularly, of course (any one reviewer might be an idiot), but in general movies that are good tend to be critically acclaimed, and bad movies tend to be panned. I've always found reviews a much better indicator than most people say they are, so I don't see any reason not to apply that here.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The movie is tracking at 68% at Rottentomatoes.com. Definately a drop from the 92% that Spider-man 2 is at, and I don't think all the reviews have come in yet.

Does anyone else think it's weird that it dropped so far so fast? I've gone from being impossibly confident to slightly nervous about the movie.

Ah well. Not much longer now.

If you're letting a bunch of reviews from people most likely with different tastes from yourself get to you, then i feel sorry for you. I never care what reviews have to say, because i disagree half of the time. I'm not saying the movie is going to live up to it's immense expectations (probably a big factor of the low score), but to lose excitement over what a couple of asshats who think their opinion on movies is better than everyone else's say, well then i'm sorry for you.

I've never seen the anticipation part as a particularly important aspect of watching a movie. Ideally, what I go in expecting shouldn't have that much of an effect on what I feel about it.

In regards to reviews.... I know everyone always says "I don't trust reviews", but from my experience, they tend to be pretty accurate overall. Not singularly, of course (any one reviewer might be an idiot), but in general movies that are good tend to be critically acclaimed, and bad movies tend to be panned. I've always found reviews a much better indicator than most people say they are, so I don't see any reason not to apply that here.

To each his own. Like i said, i disagree with reviewers half of the time (i actually enjoyed Van Helsing and X3, but i don't think they're good movies in any way). I'm personally very excited for the film and i'm not gonna let some reviews get me down.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Alright what is it I keep heraing about a
    dancing scene? I mean, if Pete just starts dancing 'cause the symbiote's making him really fucking confident then I can dig it, but if he's just like Westside Storying it then I may have to slap Sam Raimi

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just got done watching the first two movies in anticipation of a midnight showing tonight (or rather, 12:01AM tomorrow).

Spider-Man 2 is just as bad as I remember. I hope they didn't fill the third movie with so much overdramatic and often ridiculous dialogue.

...I don't have a lot of hope in this regard, though.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Alright what is it I keep heraing about a
    dancing scene? I mean, if Pete just starts dancing 'cause the symbiote's making him really fucking confident then I can dig it, but if he's just like Westside Storying it then I may have to slap Sam Raimi

Well...
    When he wears the suit he becomes super-confident emo-peter, and that involves some strutting and, following a change of clothes into a cool suit, some hilarious hip-thrusting on a public street. That is the suit just making him crazy-confident, and it was created by the purest kind of awesome.

But he also has a little bit of a proper dance at a Jazz club, plays a bit of piano, swings from a chandelier, you know... all the things a mysterious symbiote suit from outer space are likely to allow you to do. It went a bit far in my opinion, up until then I thought they had captured his transformation into a cocky little prick perfectly.

Of course, through the power of dance he works out the suit is evil, and that is when he trys to get it off... so it's all good

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Well I too just got back from seeing the movie. Easily worst of the three (think Ghost Rider, just not as bad). Sure it was condensed and had an ending that seemed like it was there just for the sake of wrapping things up, but it did have some "redeeming qualities".
    Gwen Stacy. It's amazing how platinum blond hair gave Bryce Dallas Howard an extreme boost hotness. Her personality was really likable as well. Though he she was a minor character, but damn, every scene with her was such a blessing, unlike MJ who was just torture. Song, dance, and green-eyed monster is all you need to know about MJ.

The witty-confident-smartass Spidey we've all wanted is finally here. I was so happy to see this and even cracked a boner a few times over it. :p When he gets the black suit it gets better (c'ya chum!)...but also leads to some very lame moments. Like "rip out my eyes" lame. Serious, just about everyone in the audience groaned and rolled their eyes. A fine example of this was when Peter started dancing in street. That sequence will forever plague my mind. Also, the emo hair wasn't needed at all. "Hmm. How should I express my dark side? Oh I know!" *brushes down the front of his hair*

Action was at it's highest. Six fight scenes, including one super-dupa-mega-brawl and one minor fight at the jazz club. Sandman was the only robber/thug person, and boy was he undeveloped. Venom too, as was Harry. So much potential left undeveloped.

Wow I don't agree at all...
    I thought the part where the suit was taking control was hilarious, with his emo hair. It showed the absurd amount of confidence and aggression the suit was giving him, and while the part in the jazz club was absurdly bad, it lead to the realization that the suit was evil and the scene in the church.

Him strutting along the street freaking out all the women who walked past was pure awesome.

100% agreement on Gwen Stacy, she was absurdly hot and MJ was pretty painful ("Sthut up Peter, it's all about meeeeeeeeeee")
    You don't need to act like a fool to be confident. Confidence can be expressed in many forms. I personally would've preferred something a little more sensible, because dancing was just a joke

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well I too just got back from seeing the movie. Easily worst of the three (think Ghost Rider, just not as bad). Sure it was condensed and had an ending that seemed like it was there just for the sake of wrapping things up, but it did have some "redeeming qualities".
    Gwen Stacy. It's amazing how platinum blond hair gave Bryce Dallas Howard an extreme boost hotness. Her personality was really likable as well. Though he she was a minor character, but damn, every scene with her was such a blessing, unlike MJ who was just torture. Song, dance, and green-eyed monster is all you need to know about MJ.

The witty-confident-smartass Spidey we've all wanted is finally here. I was so happy to see this and even cracked a boner a few times over it. :p When he gets the black suit it gets better (c'ya chum!)...but also leads to some very lame moments. Like "rip out my eyes" lame. Serious, just about everyone in the audience groaned and rolled their eyes. A fine example of this was when Peter started dancing in street. That sequence will forever plague my mind. Also, the emo hair wasn't needed at all. "Hmm. How should I express my dark side? Oh I know!" *brushes down the front of his hair*

Action was at it's highest. Six fight scenes, including one super-dupa-mega-brawl and one minor fight at the jazz club. Sandman was the only robber/thug person, and boy was he undeveloped. Venom too, as was Harry. So much potential left undeveloped.

Wow I don't agree at all...
    I thought the part where the suit was taking control was hilarious, with his emo hair. It showed the absurd amount of confidence and aggression the suit was giving him, and while the part in the jazz club was absurdly bad, it lead to the realization that the suit was evil and the scene in the church.

Him strutting along the street freaking out all the women who walked past was pure awesome.

100% agreement on Gwen Stacy, she was absurdly hot and MJ was pretty painful ("Sthut up Peter, it's all about meeeeeeeeeee")
    You don't need to act like a fool to be confident. Confidence can be expressed in many forms. I personally would've preferred something a little more sensible, because dancing was just a joke
    I thought of it more like being intoxicated by the suit, he wasn't really in control of his own actions. It's influence was very clear in his complete change of behaviour and the fact that he didn't even question where it came from, just reveled in the power it gave him. Oh and yes, it was a joke, it was supposed to be funny. They were not trying to present you with a rational person doing something totally normal, quite the opposite due to the influence of the black suit.

Anyway, it comes down to personal preference. I thought it was great and very amusing, but I did think the little dance spectacular in the Jazz place was a bit over the top.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Needed more Gwen.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Needed more Mary Jane in Gwen's fateful place.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Why is no one discussing Venom? I am so pissed....not at the non-discussion, at the movie.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    I just got back from a midnight showing. Maybe it was the crowd, or the fact that I'm kind of tired, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That movie was terrible.

I couldn't tell you how terrible. You wouldn't believe me. The entire crowd at the theater got up and boo'd at the end, which I've never seen before in my life. People sat outside just to talk about how terrible it was with complete strangers for 45 minutes, which I've also never seen.

It was just insanity.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I greatly enjoyed it.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I feel like watching that movie is a lot like having a conversation with a girl who you know is breaking up with you.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    I just got back from a midnight showing. Maybe it was the crowd, or the fact that I'm kind of tired, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I have a mix of your reaction and Hadji's.

The CROWD was terrible. I loved the movie.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everyone leaving the theatre talked about how much this movie sucked... I thought it was good. Not fantastic, but good. Now I have to sleep because I have a final in 5 hours.

Vater5B on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    That movie was terrible.

I couldn't tell you how terrible. You wouldn't believe me. The entire crowd at the theater got up and boo'd at the end, which I've never seen before in my life. People sat outside just to talk about how terrible it was with complete strangers for 45 minutes, which I've also never seen.

It was just insanity.

Thank you for that sterling insight. Care to share with us why you didn't like it?

As for me, I was pretty pleased. I'll post my complete thoughts in a spoiler tag. While I don't really reveal much of anything that would ruin the movie, some people can be overly sensitive, so better safe than sorry:
    So, I just got back from Spider-Man 3, and what can I say? I was thoroughly enjoying myself throughout the film's duration, and as I was leaving the theater I kept thinking, "this was definitely the best of the three." It was fun, first of all, but I was also pleased by how generally tight the script was; there is a lot of stuff happening, a lot of characters being introduced and developed, and yet it never gets tangled in its own web or feels extraneous. Before I watched it, my biggest worry was that Venom and Gwen Stacey were going to feel like afterthoughts stapled onto a finished script. Thankfully, that ends up not being the case, as both characters have relatively prominent roles and play nicely off of those that are already established. Of the two, Gwen felt the most unnecessary; the element of jealousy she adds to the already strained Mary Jane - Peter Parker relationship seemed unsatisfying and might have actually downplay the role Harry Osborn had in dismantling it. Mostly, though, I was okay with her, even if she might've been included to please Spidey fans (though I sense the opposite may occur as she's nowhere near the beloved character she was in the comic).

Some things that bothered me in particular: Mary Jane has a bunch of singing scenes, and they're all pretty uncomfortable to sit through. Peter's transformation into an emo asshole is ridiculous, lengthy, and much too over-the-top, even when it's played off for blatant comedic value. Aunt May has another speech that, while less long-winded than that of Spidey 2's, still manages to slow things down, and it feels a bit silly, even if such things might be more expected of the comic book source material. There is an absolutely atrocious deus ex machina moment from Harry's butler of all things, and not only did it have the entire audience laughing, but it absolutely halted development of Harry's character and prevented the movie from quite bringing the whole emotional package home. Kirsten Dunst was never a good choice for Mary Jane, I don't think, and I also feel like her character was never written all of that splendidly for the movies. While certainly not any worse than how she was in Spider-Man 2, she does bitch and moan quite a bit.

Things in particular that I really liked: Slightly subtler thematic value. Yeah, it's a comic book movie, but the second film really showed that there can be some measure of depth to them. I think it was a bit on the heavy-handed side with that film, though, and Spidey 3 manages to get some messages across without completely slamming the audience over the head with them (though particularly discreet this is not). The scene with Peter and Mary Jane watching the meteor shower was good, because I think it nicely showed the two sides of Peter Parker that seem to be his fate: that bad and good will always come hand-in-hand in such a way that is out of his control. The special effects this time around were much better, and the fight scenes were all extraordinary as a result. Both Sandman and Venom were very good villains that had genuine motivation. And yes, the flip-flop of Sandman being responsible for Uncle Ben's death is done in such a way that's pretty easy to swallow. Basically, I liked everything that wasn't specifically mentioned above.

So, I'm still on the fence on where I'd place this on the spectrum of Spidey films. None of them were flawless by any means, and I think this one was definitely stronger than the first, and at least on par with the second. The audience seemed less enthusiastic than I might've expected and the movie is getting somewhat mixed reviews, but I still thought it was awfully well-done and a satisfying end to the trilogy as we know it right now.

Actually, speaking of the end, it was sort of sudden and maybe not what it could've been.

But you know, on the whole it was pretty awesome.

That's it. See it, it's worth it.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And guys, I love the second movie as much as the next guy, but go back and watch it again. It's really not perfect and has a lot of flaws in common with the third.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Zeromus, you listed all of my major gripes. Apparently you took them much more in stride than I did, because I felt each one of them completely ruined the fabric of the movie. The last 30 minutes felt so strained and ridiculous, which they should not have been, considering they were the climax of not only the movie, but the entire trillogy.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I could identify why people would have problems with the movie. Personally, I think to feel that the flaws ruined the entire thing would be nitpicking, as yes, they didn't bother me that much and I felt the good outweighed the bad.

It is completely plausible to me that someone wouldn't like the movie, though. I did, however. :P

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I may have been able to put asside my issues with the movie if it hadn't been Spider-Man3 with Spider-Man 4 added as a 30 minute footnote.
    Everything about the new goblin was ridiculous. They brought him back from the dead twice, and then used quite possibly the worst Deus Ex Butler ever to provide him with a change of heart. And all of that only led to a generic comic book tag-team battle with hokey, rushed dialogue.

It was alright the first time they revived him with amnesia, but there's absolutely no way he could've surived that blast from the pumpkin bomb when the same type of bomb destroyed the symbiote later on.

And the way the Sandman, who had been searching for redemption for so long, jumped at the option to help venom kill spider-man only to go back to looking for redemption again as soon as venom was defeated only upset me. Also, I can't believe he fucking flew into the sunrise at the end.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just got back from the theatre.

The crowd at the end was clearly dissapointed. Just a few claps, with most people clearly not too pleased. That was pretty clear through the movie though, as the crowd was not reacting very well to many scenes.
    The part where Parker first moves his hair to the side? There were plenty of chuckles. The strut and jazz club, there were some laughs at first, but you could hear groans as it went on.
    And the fucking butler. That was easily the worst scene in the movie. Just such crappy writing.

I really feel there are either two good movies buried in there, or even one with some edits. As it is, its just one mediocre movie.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I still don't get why people are not upset about Venom. I am pretty mad at, well, I won't say anything, I am sure you know what I am talking about.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I still don't get why people are not upset about Venom. I am pretty mad at, well, I won't say anything, I am sure you know what I am talking about.

Or you could always use spoiler tags and just tell us what you're upset about.
    I assume you're talking about his death. Meh. I really liked the movie, but felt the last 30 minutes were forced down my throat. You could tell they were rushing everything. I was disappointed at first, but I'd actually rather this anti-climatic ending than either a shitty fourth movie or, heaven help us, three more. I hope this is the last one. I personally loved the first two hours. It's either on par or better than the second movie, but once you get past that two hour mark you can tell the director/editors said "Holy fuck we have to finish this".

Langly on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Never mind that shit, is Bruce Campbell any good?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Never mind that shit, is Bruce Campbell any good?

Exquisite

Langly on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Overall I thought Brock was pretty good. They kept it fairly close to the original origin at its core, but made it fit for the movie story.

My -ONLY- complaint about Venom was:

No "We Are Venom"

I would have loved to have seen them actually establish that the Symbiote had a mind of its own and a hatred for Parker because he spurned it.

But to be fair, there honestly was no time left in the movie to do that.

I would have much rather seen Venom left out entirely, leave the ending to be a battle against Goblin/Sandman, with him still in the Black Costume up until the very end (when something like say... MJ getting killed and it being partially his fault) and he gives up the costume at the VERY end, and you see the Venom appearance at the bell tower on brock as the last thing before the credits.

Then left Venom to go solo for a 4th movie as the villain. It would have left alot more development for Venom and the symbiote.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Overall I thought Brock was pretty good. They kept it fairly close to the original origin at its core, but made it fit for the movie story.

My -ONLY- complaint about Venom was:

No "We Are Venom"

I would have loved to have seen them actually establish that the Symbiote had a mind of its own and a hatred for Parker because he spurned it.

But to be fair, there honestly was no time left in the movie to do that.

I would have much rather seen Venom left out entirely, leave the ending to be a battle against Goblin/Sandman, with him still in the Black Costume up until the very end (when something like say... MJ getting killed and it being partially his fault) and he gives up the costume at the VERY end, and you see the Venom appearance at the bell tower on brock as the last thing before the credits.

Then left Venom to go solo for a 4th movie as the villain. It would have left alot more development for Venom and the symbiote.

That was pretty much my groups idea too, saying that the church scene should have been one of the last scenes in the movie.
    The problem becomes then, could Venom carry a whole movie by himself? Specially when his origin has already been told? Isn't he the type just to want to kill Spider-man, and hence attack him right away?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i loved it

some scenes were over the top (Yazz Flute, anyone?)

and some scenes had too much emo
    and were a little soap opera-ish

but i still loved the hell out of it it. 4/5 stars. better than the first, not as good as the second

Guek on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I just got back. I thought it was pretty great.

Of course, I also pretty much hate the second movie, so I may just have weird taste.

The stuff that did bother me mostly had to do with the symbiote.
    Chiefly: The way it appeared. I realize they couldn't do a Secret Wars thing for a myriad of reasons (and Secret Wars was pretty awful anyhow), so I don't really have a problem with the whole "It Came From Space" thing. What bugs me is that this meteor that just happens to have the symbiote just happens to drop within a few hundred feet of Spider-Man. In the 90s cartoon, which did the same "symbiote from a meteor" thing (actually, I think it was an asteroid, but anyhow), what happened was that the symbiote got onto a spaceship that was exploring the asteroid and caused it to crash in New York City, which of course drew Spidey's attention. It had its own silliness, but I still think it made more sense than the movie's version. Hell, they even introduced the astronaut John Jameson in the second movie.

There were also little things like the fact that the symbiote didn't appear to increase Spidey's strength or anything (so I guess the only reason he liked it was some narcotic effect it had?), and in particular the pacing from the time Peter got rid of the symbiote to the time that he fought Venom. Seems to me there should have been one fight between Spidey and Venom before the final showdown. We really didn't see much of Brock except for a few seconds here and there where he was being an ass, and then suddenly he gets caught faking a picture. (Incidentally, why didn't he just stage it? He could've paid some hood a couple hundred bucks to wear a Spidey costume in front of a fake armored car, holding two sacks with dollar signs on them.)

I also didn't like them killing off Harry, but I guess if there's a Spider-Man 4 it'll probably be with new actors anyhow.

As far as everything else goes, the only thing that really bugged me (for its plotholing) is the butler's big reveal about how apparently he knew (1) that Norman Osborne was the Green Goblin, (2) Precise metallurgy or something about the Goblin's weaponry, and (3) that the latter killed the former. Besides the fact that this seemed like a bit of deus ex machina, there is the whole question of why he waited 1 3/4 movies to tell him.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

I have a mix of your reaction and Hadji's.

The CROWD was terrible. I loved the movie.

Oh yes, I'm never going to a midnight showing again, at least not on opening night.

Half the people in the theatre giggled like eight-year-old schoolboys when
    The butler told Harry he had loved his father and such

:roll:

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    It was alright the first time they revived him with amnesia, but there's absolutely no way he could've surived that blast from the pumpkin bomb when the same type of bomb destroyed the symbiote later on.
    It wasn't the same kind of bomb. The first was some sort of incendiary grenade, the second was one of those disintegrator bombs that the Goblin used on the board members in the first movie.

Hat Trick!

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Not going to go into any major ranting, I thought the movie had major flaws that kept it from being great. I don't see how anyone could even attempt to argue that it was tightly scripted, but it's the internet, no point in arguing. I will, however, speculate about a certain bridge scene.
    Is Mary Jane supposed to be selectively mentally disabled? She knows Peter is Spider-man, Harry told her he desires to kill Peter, and she has no idea that Harry is powered in any way beyond the glider. Why in the blazes didn't she say something along the lines of "What lovely flowers, let me just raise them to block my mouth from Harry watching and he told me to break up with you or he'll kill you, so we're going to act like we're arguing, and then I'm going to storm off. Alright? To think everyone says I can't act, or sing, I'm a very talented person and I'm special and why don't you pay attention to me! And action.

Additionally, not nearly enough Gwen Stacy, even if she was a tad oblivious in her behavior while running across Peter Parker at a posh restaurant with his girlfriend. Platinum blonde looks good on her.

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wow, people seriously boo'ed at the end? God... tough crowd.

I'm not saying it's perfect by a long shot, but I feel kind of sorry for people who thought it was worth boo'ing.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow, people seriously boo'ed at the end? God... tough crowd.

I'm not saying it's perfect by a long shot, but I feel kind of sorry for people who thought it was worth boo'ing.

My theater didn't have anyone boo, but there was a good amount of applause at each of the last three fade outs, with groans as people realized that no, that wasn't the end, we get to hear MJ sing. Again. Or so on.

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's the Peter Jackson directing style, why use one ending for a trilogy when you could have three or four?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My reaction at the end of the film was "Are you kiding me?"

How do I do the spoiler tags?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    you type spoiler and /spoiler with [ ] around them

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Cubicle CaptiveCubicle Captive Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Seriously, with regards to Venom why did they
    Change his voice?! He's supposed to growl, that's why all of his caption balloons are wavy! I know it seems like a small thing to complain about, but how am I supposed to feel the danger when Eric Foreman is talking???

Cubicle Captive on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is it okay to see a movie you know you're probably not going to like?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg