As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 7-14-10: Havink Anger Issues

13»

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my motw is discovering volumes 1-7 of Concrete. I don't think I've ever seen that comic mentioned in GV before.

Antimatter on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My LCS had him as their mascot for the longest time, hopefully with permission.

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    my motw is discovering volumes 1-7 of Concrete. I don't think I've ever seen that comic mentioned in GV before.

Shit yeah, this looks awesome as hell.

DouglasDanger on
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Shit yeah, this looks awesome as hell.

It is very good. It's just hard to recommend to complete strangers, as it won't be to everyones liking. I'd probably suggest it to non-comic book fans before I suggested it to fans of most mainstream comics. That might sound like I'm being a snob, but it's just about expectations.

NODe on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Part man, part...rock? Over seven feet tall and weighing over a thousand pounds, he is known as The Thing but is in reality the mind of one Benjamin Grimm, trapped inside a shell of stone, a body that allows him to walk unaided on the ocean's floor or survive the crush of a thousand tons of rubble in a collapsed mineshaft...but prevents him from feeling the touch of a human hand.

I'm sure they actually have nothing in common beyond the most obvious of comparisons, but that's what it immediately made me think of.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's basically the idea.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've only read Think Like a Mountain, but yeah, that's some good stuff.

Munch on
  • manjimanji Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess my MOTW was getting ot the store for the first time in several weeks and having a decent stack of stuff, all of which was excellent. James Stokoe is an amazing cartoonist. Orc Stain is so bizarre and intense, there is nothing else like it. Nothing close.

seconding orc stain for MOTW, seems odd there's just douglas and i reading it as a lot of people seemed interested back when it was in comics news. its a visual feast, i've been back over it 3 or 4 times since i got it just to take in the art and all the stuff thats going on in every panel...

manji on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    manji wrote: »
    I guess my MOTW was getting ot the store for the first time in several weeks and having a decent stack of stuff, all of which was excellent. James Stokoe is an amazing cartoonist. Orc Stain is so bizarre and intense, there is nothing else like it. Nothing close.

seconding orc stain for MOTW, seems odd there's just douglas and i reading it as a lot of people seemed interested back when it was in comics news. its a visual feast, i've been back over it 3 or 4 times since i got it just to take in the art and all the stuff thats going on in every panel...

It is an amazing book. I have a feeling several people are waiting for the trade. When it first came out, I wasn't sure if it would get a trade or not, and I wanted to support Stokoe, so I got the singles. A trade has since been solicited, but things are behind, so I am continuing with the issues.

I still need issue 2, my shop didn't get it for some reason and has not been able to get another copy.

Issue 4 was awesome. The character Boss Beard Sersa is hilariously awesome and comically badass, an orc with a massive beard is a bizarre concept. The psychic communication system is also cool. The poison thrower and her living shawl thing and the battle there was awesome as heck.

DouglasDanger on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    manji wrote: »

It is an amazing book. I have a feeling several people are waiting for the trade. When it first came out, I wasn't sure if it would get a trade or not, and I wanted to support Stokoe, so I got the singles. A trade has since been solicited, but things are behind, so I am continuing with the issues.

I still need issue 2, my shop didn't get it for some reason and has not been able to get another copy.

Issue 4 was awesome. The character Boss Beard Sersa is hilariously awesome and comically badass, an orc with a massive beard is a bizarre concept. The psychic communication system is also cool. The poison thrower and her living shawl thing and the battle there was awesome as heck.

Yeah I'd love to read Orc Stain in singles but my lcs isn't getting them in, so I have to wait for the trade.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How long is Orc Stain supposed to go for

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stokoe's Won Ton 1 and 2 were probably the most imaginative books I've ever read, and the art is absolutely unbelievable. I'm definitely going to get Orc Stain in trade (if the trade is canceled for some reason, I'll probably go back and try to find the singes).

By the way, I heartily recommend Won Ton to anyone who enjoys food as more than something you stuff in your craw so you can keep your frame animated. Also, to anyone who likes good things.

Delduwath on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is that the same Concrete that used to be in mostly visual stories( no words/nuff said style) in the backs of NOW comics?

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508