As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A funny [chat] happened on the way to the forum

• Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    was hemmingway gay?

i thought he was... i mean, he IS a writer...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So this movie interests me.

Daniel Craig is in it, therefore I will be watching it.

13 is also in it.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think Helena Bonham Carter should direct a weird surreal movie starring Tim Burton and Johnny Depp as his freaky love interest.

Should shake things up a little.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love MSPA. I really do. But reading through pages of instant message logs with all the characters using aliases is getting really obnoxious.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

It's like Prey but backwards.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

Saw the title with no picture next to it and I was like "what kind of B movie has Thom found." But then Jon Favreau was directing. And there were people in it. Real people, not B movie scum.

And now I'm wondering if medication is in order.

That's why I'm interested.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love MSPA. I really do. But reading through pages of instant message logs with all the characters using aliases is getting really obnoxious.

thats why I stopped reading

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I love them. They're hilarious.

13rn 2 l33t5p43k m0r4n5

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man sarksus you just reminded me of when i first saw l33tspeak

Arch on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

but they're so good

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isidore wrote: »
    Oh god somebody tell me how KING LITERATE got his name.
    He had a lot of trouble with reading comprehension, so CT labeled him.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

but they're so good

When I want walls of text I"ll read a book

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

but they're so good

well dang.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Arch I think you need to eat your copy of Gravity's Rainbow

i really do

i am a failure

but so is my buddy

I wondered why there have been no updates.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

i really do

i am a failure

but so is my buddy

i am an internet failure

excuses deployed- i have been...like..you know, busy and stuff

Arch on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

but they're so good

well dang.

I tend to prefer comics that can show instead of tell: http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/18p3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

i really do

i am a failure

but so is my buddy

i am an internet failure

excuses deployed- i have been...like..you know, busy and stuff

Nah, don't worry, I was never going to hassle you about it.

I'm pretty bad about starting things and not finishing them myself.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

but they're so good

well dang.

I tend to prefer comics that can show instead of tell: http://marmaduke.com

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The pesterlogs/trolllogs in Homestuck don't bother me at all because Hussie is such a fucking hilarious writer.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

but they're so good

well dang.

I tend to prefer comics that can show instead of tell: http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/18p3

the pesterlogs aren't the only source of action and explanation, though

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Comparing McNinja to Marmaduke is a failure in all things.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I mean, the flash animations are basically all show with little tell at all

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Comparing McNinja to Marmaduke is a failure in all things.

hrmm? oh. its just that marmaduke doesn't talk much.

not dissing the good doctor.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A friend of mine is applying to Le Cordon Bleu culinary school for a year to get a diploma in cooking pastries, and I'm worried it's a bad financial decision that won't pay off. It's not my place to tell her though, right?

On the bright side, her reasonably well-off boyfriend will help her with the loan, so it's possible she won't take too much of a financial hit. Not that being financially dependent on your significant other is great either.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    btw guys, Alphamonkey is doing an "Ask Me Anything" over at reddit.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    "Sir, we've got a problem. It seems a fair number of our consumers are becoming more educated that 90% of the food we stuff down their gullets is processed corn-fed shit stuffed with preservatives and antibiotics. They're starting to take this whole food thing locally and cutting us out."

"Not a problem at all. We'll just start having the authorities intimidate anyone who dares try."

it's against the law to sell unpasteurized milk in a lot of places. if the woman boiled the goat milk and followed health codes, she wouldn't get hassled

the right thing to do is to petition to get the laws changed, not to just continue trying to weasel around the law and then squawk when you get busted. it's not like high ideals and sympathetic motivations give you a get out of jail free card.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Robos it depends. My sister and her husband are professional chefs. My sister is actually a pastry chef. They do well for themselves. If she can get a job, she will be just fine.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Culinary school is one of my "if I win the lottery" dreams.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    "Sir, we've got a problem. It seems a fair number of our consumers are becoming more educated that 90% of the food we stuff down their gullets is processed corn-fed shit stuffed with preservatives and antibiotics. They're starting to take this whole food thing locally and cutting us out."

"Not a problem at all. We'll just start having the authorities intimidate anyone who dares try."

it's against the law to sell unpasteurized milk in a lot of places. if the woman boiled the goat milk and followed health codes, she wouldn't get hassled

the right thing to do is to petition to get the laws changed, not to just continue trying to weasel around the law and then squawk when you get busted. it's not like high ideals and sympathetic motivations give you a get out of jail free card.

but i want my raw milk now. also, dairy lobbies are p big.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm really sorry I missed the raw milk protest in Boston Common.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I can't find any info on them being charged with anything. If they were breaking the law, then okay, fine them, give them some jail time.

Don't just take their shit every 6 months because you don't have anything that you can make stick to them.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Some people have to learn things through experience. If this did not teach her not to act like an asshole on the internet, nothing will, and they're just getting her used to what the rest of her dumb life will be like.

This is also why I break into houses with unlocked doors and rape women who walk alone through the park at night.

Yes, prank phone calls and pizzas you didn't order are the same as rape and home invasion.

Persistent prank phone calls and pizza orders are clearly harassment, and they're the sort of thing that would get your ass handed a restraining order if it weren't for the magical anonymity of the internet. But, of course, what's important here is that we teach someone a lesson right? Because we, people of the internet, are the judge and jury.

mrmr knows what's up

the internet culture of anonymity is poisonous to forming well-functioning societies

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    fucking hipster and their raw milk bullshit

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Robos it depends. My sister and her husband are professional chefs. My sister is actually a pastry chef. They do well for themselves. If she can get a job, she will be just fine.

Did they go to culinary school? How long did it take them to move no from entry level jobs to where they are today?

From what I've read, anyone who goes to culinary school will probably have to start at the bottom anyway, despite the fact that culinary school costs as much as a private university.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I understand not wanting homogenized milk. I understand wanting milk that isn't from cows full of hormones and antibiotics. But do people realize how dangerous unpasteurized milk can be? And why there are laws on the books about it. Do people realize the amount of sickness it caused and why we had a mass government sponsored movement to get rid of unpasteurized milk?

I like the idea of local food. I get my milk from a local dairy. But I think people need to sit down and think about what pasteurization actually is and does.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    4chan is the internet hate machine and the power they have is far, far too dangerous. I've been shouted down more than once, and more than here for this opinion.

I do not care how many friends you may have made there. I do not care that the hate machine is only a "portion of the users".

When you start sending trolls to stalk people IN REAL LIFE because their name is the same as someone that pissed you off, you've gone too far.

I promise you, that in some strange twist of fate I became leader of the world, 4chan would be the first against the wall after I wrapped up all the war and famine.

pffffttt

the day 4chan actually injures someone get on your pulpit. til then there are so many other things in the world that can be changed.

and yes i understand psychological abuse exist but let's be serious here there are places in the world where people are still being stoned to death. 4chan would be a welcome relief.

4chan: we're better than the taliban!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ok, I understand not wanting homogenized milk. I understand wanting milk that isn't from cows full of hormones and antibiotics. But do people realize how dangerous unpasteurized milk can be? And why there are laws on the books about it. Do people realize the amount of sickness it caused and why we had a mass government sponsored movement to get rid of unpasteurized milk?

I like the idea of local food. I get my milk from a local dairy. But I think people need to sit down and think about what pasteurization actually is and does.

TUBERCULOSIS ALL UP IN HERES

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    talichan

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of eating healthy

I ate plain yogurt today for the first time in a while

now I am sitting in the bathroom at work taking a horrible shit

is this normal

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of eating healthy

I ate plain yogurt today for the first time in a while

now I am sitting in the bathroom at work taking a horrible shit

is this normal

its likely a sign that your colon bacteria were NOT normal.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
This discussion has been closed.