As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the seasoning it is beginning.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Saphier wrote: »
    Regardless of weither red buff "chills" or not, only anivia's spells count for frostbite double damage. Phage, rylai's, frost arrows etc don't.

I was under the opposite impression. My friends were trying to think of all frost team, and that would have been one of the perks. :(

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    -edit- For clarification, Corki is the LEAST played champion and has the 2nd worst win-loss ratio out of all champions.

Ah where could i see these stats?

http://www.lolbase.net/ *snip*

Stats I'm surprised by:
    Malphite (third least played)
    Udgr and Nidalee only .8xx w/l (expected higher)
    Eve and Tryndamere .9xx w/l (expected way lower)
    Warwick 1.2xx w/l (expected lower)

Stats I'm not surprised by:
    Heimer, Soraka, Janna are really good

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I was in a game last night with a pro Anivia. The guy was a terror. Every time we would have a late game head to head clash of our team versus their team, Anivia always had a triple-kill or more. The guy was a beast. I was so glad I was on his team. He went something like 24-3-13.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Regardless of weither red buff "chills" or not, only anivia's spells count for frostbite double damage. Phage, rylai's, frost arrows etc don't.

I was under the opposite impression. My friends were trying to think of all frost team, and that would have been one of the perks. :(

Other spells used to work in beta. I forget when they changed it, but it was changed and it no longer works that way.

Nisi on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

Other spells used to work in beta. I forget when they changed it, but it was changed and it no longer works that way.

Hmm, disappointing but wonder if it works with other Anivias then.

@Lucus I would be interested to hear his strategy since the traditional "killer" move is frostbite which is single target, and the q which is often used to set it up has a fairly substantial cooldown. Was he using the R to set up chills and then spamming frostbite?

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    need to be able to swap champs.

This. This so bad.

The captain ends up always having to play Soraka or Heimer if they're not banned, for fear of the other team picking them. So, even though I love Soraka and know exactly how to play her, I never have gotten to.

Xin might be on that list too for the current moment.

So, basically, make sure your captain can play all three heroes pro.

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tag wrote: »
    Was he using the R to set up chills and then spamming frostbite?

This is correct Anivia. All other Anivias are incorrect.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm I might make a video about AP nidalee. She is a lot of fun but most nids I see aren't quite milking the goodness out of her properly.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    Tag wrote: »
    Was he using the R to set up chills and then spamming frostbite?

This is correct Anivia. All other Anivias are incorrect.

quoted for truth.

also, someone gift me udyr.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hmm I might make a video about AP nidalee. She is a lot of fun but most nids I see aren't quite milking the goodness out of her properly.

I just got a horrible vision...

Nidalee in cat form...

Getting milked...

AAAGGGHHHHHH

jdmichal on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So my friend ran into a weird anomaly the other day. He was fighting an incredibly dominant Master Yi player. His loadout included items like Daggers and Wit's End, yet the guy seemed to absorb RIDICULOUS amounts of damage, like if he was decked out like a tank. What's up with that? Nidalee was laning with him. Does she have some kind of durability buff?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

This. This so bad.

The captain ends up always having to play Soraka or Heimer if they're not banned, for fear of the other team picking them. So, even though I love Soraka and know exactly how to play her, I never have gotten to.

Swap is supposedly in the works, it will make draft even better.

Nisi on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Batmantis wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »
    Cognisseur wrote: »
    -edit- For clarification, Corki is the LEAST played champion and has the 2nd worst win-loss ratio out of all champions.

Ah where could i see these stats?

http://www.lolbase.net/ *snip*

Stats I'm surprised by:
    Malphite (third least played)
    Udgr and Nidalee only .8xx w/l (expected higher)
    Eve and Tryndamere .9xx w/l (expected way lower)
    Warwick 1.2xx w/l (expected lower)

Stats I'm not surprised by:
    Heimer, Soraka, Janna are really good

My win-loss ration with warwick is 3.778 on there. :3

Saphier on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just got a horrible vision...

Nidalee in cat form...

Getting milked...

AAAGGGHHHHHH

so... many... nozzles...
    So my friend ran into a weird anomaly the other day. He was fighting an incredibly dominant Master Yi player. His loadout included items like Daggers and Wit's End, yet the guy seemed to absorb RIDICULOUS amounts of damage, like if he was decked out like a tank. What's up with that? Nidalee was laning with him. Does she have some kind of durability buff?

Well she can heal him, but it's more probable that he was just meditating off the damage.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

Was he healing at the time?

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

This. This so bad.

Swap is supposedly in the works, it will make draft even better.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My win-loss ration with warwick is 3.778 on there. :3

nice use of ration bro

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Well she can heal him, but it's more probable that he was just meditating off the damage.

Yi has the best tanking ability in the game in Meditate. This is probably what was happening.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yi has the best tanking ability in the game in Meditate. This is probably what was happening.

Probably. The guy wasn't healing at all. He was taking almost NO damage.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    at low levels, meditate doesn't heal that much, but it gives like, 100 armor, so you will tank a ton of damage.

at higher skill levels, or with an AP build, it heals for silly goose amounts.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    at low levels, meditate doesn't heal that much, but it gives like, 100 armor, so you will tank a ton of damage.

at higher skill levels, or with an AP build, it heals for silly goose amounts.

So leaguecraft finally stopped shitting itself, and I was frankly amazed at what I was reading. It provides more armor than Rammus' Curl, while at the same time healing with a one-point-fucking-six-five AP ratio?

No wonder AP Yi is so bawler. I would love that ability on Rammus. And literally rocking out an AP build with Tremors would be so much fun.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i played with an AP rammus once... it didn't really go well for us.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    ArmLionArmLion Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So does anybody know why the practice games are currently disabled? I just downloaded the game today, but I'm not jumping into a match after the tutorial.

ArmLion on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am really surprised akali's win loss ratio is so low

edit: especially considering her above 1.0 k/d ratio

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ArmLion wrote: »
    So does anybody know why the practice games are currently disabled? I just downloaded the game today, but I'm not jumping into a match after the tutorial.

Normal is the new practice, and ranked is the new normal

edit: also at level one you will be facing tons of noobies who havent played anything besides the tutorial so you will be fine

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ArmLion wrote: »

Its temporarily disabled because of the load on the servers from debuting season one. I've not seen any ETA for when they are bringing them back.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I dislike how you can't pick the same champion twice. I mean i obviously understand why but still. I didn't realize this till like my 9th match. But so far all i really play is jax and warwick.

I do have this weird desire to be "at least decent" with every character. But "OH GOD THE POINTS" i mean just going to find 5 characters that need somewhat the same runes and play those.

Anyone pro with Garen here?

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yes.

What would you like to know, young one?

Melkster on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Red buff ads a slow and a damage over time effect

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also I raped a Xin with Yi

QQ more about Xin looooooooooooosers

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I dislike how you can't pick the same champion twice. I mean i obviously understand why but still. I didn't realize this till like my 9th match. But so far all i really play is jax and warwick.

I do have this weird desire to be "at least decent" with every character. But "OH GOD THE POINTS" i mean just going to find 5 characters that need somewhat the same runes and play those.

There's no reason to be good with all the champions. You should know roughly what each them do, but purely for the purposes of playing against them. Really only a handful of champions will fit your playstyle, and you should focus on tricking those out and becoming ownage with them.

Melk used to Garen, before he started his new tryst with Ezreal. Apparently the goal is to just buy Sunfire capes. It goes something like this:

1) Do you have an open inventory slot? YES: (2) NO: (5)
    2) Do you have boots? YES: (4) NO: (3)
    3) Buy Boots of Swiftness. (1)
    4) Buy a Sunfire Cape. (1)
    5) Win.

Combat consists entirely of simply being next to enemies, using Decisive Strike for its move speed buff and Judgement for extra DPS.

Did I do it right Melk?

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Melkster wrote: »

Yes.

Well i still have to unlock him but like what kind of champion is he? I'm most familiar with warwick and jax. Does he have a good answer to mages pinging him from semi-afar. That and i guess, item order mostly. Abilities i usually feel out over the course of a match or two.

edit: Also tips in general for early game would be nice. I still occasionally bite the dust in the first few engagements. Should i just play even more defensively?

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Meditating under a tower while he chases you doesn't count

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just soloed the dragon and literally lost no health -- gained it back faster than he could damage me

I'm gonna be sad to see Xin nerfed

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Meditating under a tower while he chases you doesn't count

Nah

Highlander + LS > Xin

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What is LS in that equation

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Melkster wrote: »

Yes.

Well i still have to unlock him but like what kind of champion is he? I'm most familiar with warwick and jax. Does he have a good answer to mages pinging him from semi-afar. That and i guess, item order mostly. Abilities i usually feel out over the course of a match or two.

edit: Also tips in general for early game would be nice. I still occasionally bite the dust in the first few engagements. Should i just play even more defensively?

See my previous post for items. As far as pinging, his passive heals a percent of HP when he's out of combat (hasn't been attacked for some seconds).

As far as early game, most deaths are from over-extending. That's really just a feel thing that you will learn over time. You have to know the dangerous distance of the champions you're against, and also have to be able to feel out how aggressive they are. Sometimes it's best to play defensively, and sometimes -- like a school bully -- the only way you will get them off your back is to be the aggressor.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Lifesteal

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Last game i fel for being lured into the trees twice. I didn't expect that kind of stuff from a pug. But hey shows what i know.

Canada_jezus on