As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the seasoning it is beginning.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    not enough yordles? i disagree, sir.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know Soal is probably like 2000000. And others are probably 1600+, but I want to brag a touch. Proud of my solo q'ing!
    ra.jpg

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Solo Queue you mean Duo Queue right

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2010
    Solo Queue you mean Duo Queue right

No. I am a man. Although I'd like to partner up if someone is a sick 1v2er so I can jungle errry day.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you want to succeed, yes.

If you want <1200elo like me.. try rolling the dice

4rch3nemy on
    edited July 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    If you want to succeed, yes.

If you want <1200elo like me.. try rolling the dice

I'd liket o duo, but I'm rolling single til someone decides they want to partna up!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't actually stack rod of ages. Although the first time I played him I did decide to for hilarity's sake. I ended up selling off one or two though. It was a weird game... I started 7-1 but the game just kept on goiiiing. Team couldn't finish

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh and I just lost a 5v4 I was on the 5 side. Trying nidallee for the first time. She's cool! I went 4-5-5 and god knows why we lost.

(It was because of Soraka)

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    It sucks losing to assholes who tower dive at level one.

Fizban140 on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    Best Ezreal strategy:

Get one of each B.F. Sword item.
    2vv2v0g.jpg

Wow. Love the 2 Zhonya's on the Cho. MOAR LIEK PRO'GOTH amirite.

e: whut double totp? UNRELATED VIDEO TYME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwbjjjZ7Swc

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Nah she's a scantly clad druid girl. But I guess she could work in a pinch. So that's 2 for Team Chrono Trigger.

Karthas is close for magus. Dark spells, the sword always seemed scythe-y to me anyway. Garen could play the role of Sir Frog...at least, before the whole Frog part.

All we'd need was a female Heimer skin and we'd be set.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess some days 1100 damage Requiems and serious hurt Lay Wastes/Defile is not enough to win a game. These are the days I sob softly to myself as the "DEFEAT" screen looms over me.

Fucking team just could not seal the deal. Kill 4 of them and send the last packing? Time to hang out in brush and not push, or b to get some mana instead of using 45 seconds of time to kill a damn thing.

I ended up like 36/15/20 as Karthus in the most grueling 65minute game everrrrrr. All but 2 of those deaths happened in the last fifteen minutes when me and a Blitz hopelessly tried to convince people to push and threw ourselves headlong into the inevitable 2v5 fight.

Drijen on
    edited July 2010
    Another Solo (not Duo) queue win. Yay.

EDIT I have to sleep, but if anyone wants to start Solo (duoing) with me as a good 1v2, let me know.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    new phrase to add to the "Things I don't want to hear at champ select" list:

"hi I'm playing corki this is like the second time I've played him"

dude proceeded to go 0-10, and was level 8 when the other team was level 18

also fighting twitch with pubbies is maybe even more frustrating than heimer because no one wants to buy wards

BUY
    WARDS

Charles Kinbote on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wriggle's Lantern is by one of the the best items in the game:

- All components 450 gold or less. Check.
    - Gives you Attack Damage, Lifesteal, and Armor, all of which are awesome on many characters. Check.
    - Has an amazing passive for jungling / dragon / baron. Check.
    - Has an active for infinite free wards. Check.

I've been buying it on basically every character that uses AD. Just finished a game w/ it on Mord, and it was great, esp. as their most dangerous person was shaco, so my 3K HP / 200 armor + Thornmail + life leech + being mord made fed shaco a trivial fight.

programjunkie on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    I thought of Team Yordle but there aren't enough, unless we just make it Team Short so it can be Amumu, Teemo, Poppy, Annie, and Heimer.

Its true, noone likes kennen

HERESY. My Yordle team would be...

Kennen, Heimer, Tristana, Amumu, and Poppy.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ive decided that Garen makes that scarecrow dude cry like a baby.

I also listened to the words of our resident Garen expert and then refused to listen to him. Its been working so far.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »
    I thought of Team Yordle but there aren't enough, unless we just make it Team Short so it can be Amumu, Teemo, Poppy, Annie, and Heimer.

Its true, noone likes kennen

HERESY. My Yordle team would be...

Kennen, Heimer, Tristana, Amumu, and Poppy.

Almost correct. Annie is a vastly better pick than Kennen.

TEAM YORDLE POWER:
    Mid- Trist
    Lane 1: Annie / Poppy
    Lane 2: Heimer
    Jungle: Amumu

That team has 5 stuns, a good mix of ranged and melee, a tank, takes advantage of jungling, etc. It's not the tryest of tryhard teams, but I'd say it is quite competitive.

programjunkie on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Except Annie isn't a yordle. She's just a little girl.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have decided I will never ever ever ever get boots other than swiftness or mobility on Morgana. She is just way the hell too slow otherwise. =/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    stopgap wrote: »
    ive decided that Garen makes that scarecrow dude cry like a baby.

I also listened to the words of our resident Garen expert and then refused to listen to him. Its been working so far.

Garen makes any mage cry.

I find his sole purpose in the game seems to be running in and killing the caster. And I'm fine with it.

My best moment with Garen was when I scored a double-kill, die but guardian angel goes off, and pop up for a third kill.

Edit: Kayle is my new hotness.

Shamus on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, you can't half-ass the Yordle team!

You've got like eight choices, mix and match!

Corki
    Trist
    Teemo
    Hemier
    Amumu
    Veigar
    Poppy
    Kennen

Plenty of viable teams you can make with this S-rank line up!

Poppy + Viegar has the same sort of stun and burst potential as Annie + Poppy. Different flavors, sure, but pretty similar.

Corki - Trist - Viegar - Amumu - Heimer would be some mean team-fighting. Heimer and Corki are excellent pokers with their grenades and missiles. There's so much AoE power here and two AoE stuns to keep everyone locked down. Buster shot and UPGRADE!! for emergencies!

Wish I could fit poppy in, but the AoE damage seems best.

For posterity: Phosphorous Bomb + Gatling Gun + Missile Barrage + Dark Matter + EMP Grenade + Hextek Missiles + Curse of the Sad Mummy + Despair + Rampage + Rocket Jump.

Just gotta control that initiation!

Corp.Shephard on
    edited July 2010
    Kennen ftw for potential mass-stuns and general splash nastiness.

So Nidalee's free. Any tips on how to build her?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

- Gives you Attack Damage, Lifesteal, and Armor, all of which are awesome on many characters. Check.

I've been buying it on basically every character that uses AD. Just finished a game w/ it on Mord, and it was great, esp. as their most dangerous person was shaco, so my 3K HP / 200 armor + Thornmail + life leech + being mord made fed shaco a trivial fight.

The notable downside is that taking it instead of Madred's Bloodrazors is a difficult decision. Bloodrazors are terrifyingly powerful additions to most attack damage DPSers.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just getting into the game as i am i find the items are probably the hardest part.

Also, Heart of Gold for garen or don't bother?

Canada_jezus on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So Nidalee's free. Any tips on how to build her?

Several.

If you're going straight up AP nid, open with a tear of the goddess and convert to archangel's staff after mejai's. You can spam cat form abilities to get charges on it.

You can also keep guin'soo's rageblade permanently at 8 stacks by catform jumping everywhere.

Lich bane is absolutely nuts on ap nidalee.

Guin'soo's is good on any spec of nidalee btw, practically a must buy.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just got... completely hosed by an Akali on TT. Dang. It's just one of those things where I'm not even angry, just stunned by how thoroughly she inspected my bunghole.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just getting into the game as i am i find the items are probably the hardest part.

In my opinion, going for sunfire cape (chain vest + giant's belt) as your "core" item works best on Garen. Something like starting off with a Long Sword + HP Pot, then getting boots, then the items for Sunfire. Build the Long Sword into Phage, and get another Sunfire if needed.

Heart of Gold... I haven't seen many pure tank Garens, so I don't know much about that. Depends what you want to focus on: DPS or Tank.

I advise Mercury's Treads for boots in general, but that's up to you.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    edited July 2010
    That was an awesome game. Too bad the other team had a feeding warwick.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is Tiger Stance better than Phoenix stance now? I dunno, a lot of Udyr guides say to go Tiger Stance, but I kinda like Phoenix, soooooo

Evilsville on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Eddy wrote: »

In my opinion, going for sunfire cape (chain vest + giant's belt) as your "core" item works best on Garen. Something like starting off with a Long Sword + HP Pot, then getting boots, then the items for Sunfire. Build the Long Sword into Phage, and get another Sunfire if needed.

Heart of Gold... I haven't seen many pure tank Garens, so I don't know much about that. Depends what you want to focus on: DPS or Tank.

I advise Mercury's Treads for boots in general, but that's up to you.

I think i'd prefer to more of a tank than dps.

Also, is it a good idea for solo queu to learn how to play at least one of each, dps/jungler, Tank and support. So you can fill in where needed?

Canada_jezus on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've gotten both a bloodrazor and a lantern in the same game

Zen Vulgarity on
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've gotten both a bloodrazor and a lantern in the same game

results?

Evilsville on
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know Soal is probably like 2000000. And others are probably 1600+, but I want to brag a touch. Proud of my solo q'ing!
    ra.jpg

1300s is pretty good. I'm currently at 1430 or so, top was 1450 I think.

It slows down the higher you go.

Constrictor on
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »

The notable downside is that taking it instead of Madred's Bloodrazors is a difficult decision. Bloodrazors are terrifyingly powerful additions to most attack damage DPSers.

Magic damage procs dont synchronize well with crit/lifesteal characters. Wriggle's lantern is made for Gangplank and Trynd.

Constrictor on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why is the Woad Ashe skin so expensive? And why don't they put youtube vids of the skins in action up or something, rather than like one static picture.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man Kassadin is such a weird character.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They usually release screenies of the new skins in action, but sometimes they don't.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ra.jpg

1300s is pretty good. I'm currently at 1430 or so, top was 1450 I think.

It slows down the higher you go.

I'm like 19-12ish in ranked and I have basically the same rank as you (1340). Weird cause your w/l is so much better.

I'm trying to figure out which champions to play that are good, but don't get banned every game. Right now I'm playing Shen, XZ, and Amumu, which roughly translates to "I play Amumu". How good is Taric?

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
    edited July 2010
    Very good. He's kind of the odd man out in the usual heimer/shen/shaco/xin bannings right now, but still very strong.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO