As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Worms Reloaded - Cluster Bombs and Butt Scooching

Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Games and Technology
Worms Reloaded is out NOW on Steam. Also, this is the Worms thread.

WORMS!

Worms Reloaded PA Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WWPA/ (All thanks to mrt144)

Also, Map Sharing? Map Sharing!
Maps are saved in Steam/steamapps/common/worms reloaded/UserLandscapes

Try pasting the map file into that folder:

http://rapidshare.com/files/415172991/CTF_2Fort.lds

Looking for CHAT Menu? Press ~

Steam: kaylesolo1
3DS: 1521-4165-5907
PS3: KayleSolo
Live: Kayle Solo
WiiU: KayleSolo
Capt Howdy on

• BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You made me think there was a new Worms game announced called "Worms: Bustin Yo Bunker". And then I find out that is not the case. damnyou.gif

The only Worms game I have is Open Warfare 2 for DS, and it is awesome. It will never get old with how you can customize almost anything and everything in it.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Worms Game used to be Worms: Armageddon for the PC. Nowadays it's whatever has the most player base.

I remember when there was this program called the Fiddler, where you could basically design your own weapons, like a minigun that shot poison donkeys that rubberbanded across the landscape and exploded into 20 kamikaze worms which exploded into rocket bananas that homed in on enemy worms and set them on fire forever then punted them 10000 feet into the air with zero gravity before exploding into 400 holy hand grenades which crashed the game

Or the landmass strike where a flying fat guy dropped 5 entire landscapes on top of your landscape that bounced right above each worm's head a hundred times a second before exploding into a five minute fireworks display of every sprite in the game and ended up causing 1 damage to everyone

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The original Worms Armageddeon is still the worms game to play. World Party is okay in that it's basically the exact same game but with actual in game settings for Forts. Everything after that is pretty much butts other than the portable ones which I've never played.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms Armageddon was (or still is) the definitive Worms game, but it does have some issues nowadays with systems newer than XP. It does work, but you might have to do some elbow grease last I checked (even with the latest patch from '08, which is pretty good for a game coming from 1999).

Of interest for some: there's an open source Worms clone available called Hedgewars, and when I say "clone", I mean it. Even UI elements are lifted from Worms 2/Armageddon/World Party, except you're playing with hedgehogs instead. I played a few rounds with a friend over the Internet, and it's pretty decent.

Zxerol on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms on my mobile phone is pretty decent for a mobile phone game that isn't an iPhone game.

Dhalphir on
  • KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm throwing my hat in with the Armageddon fans. I've got W2, and I envy those with Armageddon.

W2 is still really, really good, though.
    Paladin wrote: »
    I remember when there was this program called the Fiddler, where you could basically design your own weapons,

I could swear you could do this in Worms 2. Maybe it was just creating "custom" weapons in so far as changing the values of already existing weapons.

Ah, the days of the Holy Hand Grenade and all-mighty prod.

Anybody else kamikaze everything? It was a matter of honour.

Edit: Oh! Oh! Those intro movies. The intro movies! How great were those?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkzFMfCamdU

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Best game ever -- so much so that I buy every shitty iteration. Team17 was the first game company I was legitimately disappointed in (haha) but hope springs eternal for the Steam version of Worms supposedly coming out soon.

Hockey Johnston on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    remember worms 3d

who knew another dimension could fuck up a game so much

BloodySloth on
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why, hello there Sonic.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms Armageddon

I played so much rope wars and rope races, f yes, so many badass maps

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn you Vista! I really want to play Armageddon now. So no one has played the PSP version?

Capt Howdy on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Original Worms on the Amiga. It has a classical purity that I don't feel the other Worms match.

Also the AI opposing teams on the Amiga version weren't either total bullshit cheap or utterly moronically dumb like they were on the PC version.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Armageddon is by far the best one I've played, and I've played most of them except world party. PC version too, not any of the console versions.

LewieP on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A while ago I heard that there was supposed to be a new Worms game for PC called Worms Reloaded, but it's been a while since I've heard anything new and I have no idea when it's supposed to be out.

Peewi on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aw man, you just brought back the memories of endless games of Worms 2 on the N64 in my student halls of residence kitchen.

Endless.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2010
    From Wiki, the least credible site on the internets:
    Worms: Reloaded is an artillery game/turn based strategy game developed by Team17 and is part of the Worms series. It is scheduled for release on Windows via Steam, during Summer 2010[1]. Team17 have stated that a Mac OS X version will be developed after Steam is released on Mac. The developers have stated that the game will be retailed at a 'very attractive price'[2].

The game is largely based upon the console version Worms 2: Armageddon released on Xbox Live Arcade in 2009, but is said to be an 'extended edition of the console versions of late.'

Team17 have currently released few details or media content concerning the title and a press release is not available. A European and Worldwide Beta had been released to a select group of the public, however both were under an NDA.

On June 26, 2010, the official Team17 Twitter revealed that the beta testing phase had ended.

Capt Howdy on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Even though I've got Worms Open Warfare 2 on my DS and Worms 2: Armageddon on my 360, I'm reinstalling the original PC Worms Armageddon now.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2010
    So what the heck does the sheep do?

Capt Howdy on
    edited July 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Explodes? I'm not sure what kind of answer you were hoping for here.

Press fire to launch, press again to 'splode, if it gets stuck in the landscape it will eventually self destruct. Power roughly on a par with dynamite.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

It walks/jumps forward for a bit and then it explodes. You might be able to detonate it manually, it's been a while since I've played Worms. The super sheep can fly and is fully controllable. Also, all kinds of sheep can be used to pick up crates.

Peewi on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Original Worms on the Amiga. It has a classical purity that I don't feel the other Worms match.

Also the AI opposing teams on the Amiga version weren't either total bullshit cheap or utterly moronically dumb like they were on the PC version.

I remember playing against an AI team once on Worms United where on the AI's move, all it did was blow up the ground below a ledge where my worm was standing.

I thought they'd missed, but it was actually so I couldn't get down from that ledge without taking damage, so I had to faff around using indirect grenade throwing. Smug electronic bastards.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sweet, the most recent Worms Armageddon patch supports widescreen, I can actually play the game in 1440x900 and it still looks awesome.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2010
    I just found the original intro movies :D

Ahh, nostalgia.

Rhesus Positive on
    edited July 2010
    Oh God! The memories have been triggered further back now!

Up in my mate's attic. Four of us hunched around one keyboard playing on the original game for entire weekends.

That was back when the strongest weapon going was dynamite/sheep and the cluster bomb was king.

:whistle: We are worms, we are worms, and we've come to win the war... :whistle:

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited July 2010
    Cool, have to try the sheep now. I imagine Armegeddon is a nuke? I haven't unlocked it yet.

Capt Howdy on
    edited July 2010
    If I remember rightly, a nuke is a nuke - armageddon is meteors.

Rhesus Positive on
  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh God! The memories have been triggered further back now!

Up in my mate's attic. Four of us hunched around one keyboard playing on the original game for entire weekends.

That was back when the strongest weapon going was dynamite/sheep and the cluster bomb was king.

:whistle: We are worms, we are worms, and we've come to win the war... :whistle:
    This is a story of courage, honour and worms.

War had cast a shadow over their once peaceful land, gunfire filled the air, as worm turned against worm. Where so many had fallen, others knew they must follow. For one such worm, this day had alredy come, when he was two, his father had left, never to return. Three years he had waited for his chance to fight, three years of training, both day and night. And though he was scared as he set off for battle, he knew in his heart that it was something he must do. Three inches tall, and armed to the teeth, a fine soldier he made, and his name was Boggy B.

[Chorus]: We are worms, we're the best, and we've come to win the war We'll stand, we'll never run, stay until it's done Though our friends may fall, and our world be blown apart We'll strike with all our might, We'll fight for what is right till the end.

Scrambling up a hill and hiding behind a tree, he looked at the battle that raged below. It was there he saw his friend Spadge, stood upon a bridge but another worm had also seen him, and aimed to have him dead Boggy called to Spadge, but Spadge didn't hear, he never knew what hit him, as he flew into the air. It was all to much for Boggy, as he watched his best friend die. Charging down the hill he had to have revenge, What had Spadge done to come to such an end? Reaching the bottom of the hill, Boggy suddenly heard a click he realised to is terror there was a mine under his tail!

[Chorus]

We are worms, we're the best, and we've come to win the war We'll stand, we'll never run, stay until it's done Though our friends may fall, and our world be blown apart We'll strike with all our might, We'll fight for what is right till the end.

Hitting several cliffs and landing in a tree, Boggy pulled himself together, there was much he had to do. Spotting the enemy down below, he knew this was his chance. Boggy grabbed a stick of dynamite and dropped it on his head. The enemy, he tried to run, but all he could really do was squirm. As the fuse ran out there was a mighty *BANG*!, and everywhere were bits of worm. With their leader blown to kingdom come, the enemy, they turned and ran! Boggy bungeed from the tree and landed safely on the ground. As he watched the enemy squirm away, the cry went up: 'WE'VE WON THE WAR!'

[Chorus]

Of course, there seems to be some disagreement on the bit that comes after "We are worms" - I always heard it as "We are worms, we're hard, and we've come to win the war". Still possibly the most intense narration of a Tanks/Gorrilas clone I've heard to date.

Bioptic on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still recall the glitch/cheat in worms 1 where you could hold down a few buttons and make the uzi fire bazooka shells. It was almost to zero reload settings Liero levels of hilarious destruction.

-SPI- on
    edited July 2010
    I want a portable version; time to decide between DS and PSP. I hear the DS is awesome, but I could use another PSP game.

And meteors eh? Sweet!

Capt Howdy on
  • areaarea Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Armageddon is the best version, but it doesn't have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWEAEoVKl8

area on
    edited July 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    I'm throwing my hat in with the Armageddon fans. I've got W2, and I envy those with Armageddon.

W2 is still really, really good, though.
    Paladin wrote: »
    I remember when there was this program called the Fiddler, where you could basically design your own weapons,

I could swear you could do this in Worms 2. Maybe it was just creating "custom" weapons in so far as changing the values of already existing weapons.

Ah, the days of the Holy Hand Grenade and all-mighty prod.

Anybody else kamikaze everything? It was a matter of honour.

Edit: Oh! Oh! Those intro movies. The intro movies! How great were those?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkzFMfCamdU

The second one reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSjeTFx5JI4

Capt Howdy on
    edited July 2010
    Apparently Worms Reloaded is going to be out on 26th of august.

Just four player multiplayer doesn't seem that great. I'm pretty sure Armegddon has 8 player multiplayer.

Peewi on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Armageddon, I think, had a 32 worm cap, so potentially it could have 5-8 teams but not with 8 worms.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms is the greatest game ever. Ninja rope trials were AWESOME!

Snare on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms was cemented in my mind in primary school. We'd loaded it onto one of the school computers and I managed to win with a Kamikaze on my last worm.

It was down to me and him. I was directly underneath, aimed straight upward, knocked him into the river. My worm flew up into the air, came flying right back down, and he hit the grond. Didn't explode. Just popped out again.

Lost 2 health.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Apparently Worms Reloaded is going to be out on 26th of august.

Just four player multiplayer doesn't seem that great. I'm pretty sure Armegddon has 8 player multiplayer.

A new Worms game?

In... 2D?

PRAISE BE TO JAY-SUS! I'd thought the franchise was all but lost to those horrid 3D adaptations long ago.

Suriko on
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worms Armageddon is still one of the finest multiplayer games ever devised.

Xagarath on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I once had an enemy with about 30 health, and me with 2 worms each with about 5 health. Neither of us had much in the way of fancy weapons, and it would have been nearly impossible for me to get a good hit with anything normal. It was obvious that on his next turn he'd use Airstrike or something to win the match, so I needed to do something impressive. Very impressive.

Fortunately I had an ace up my sleeve.

I had a Teleport.

I teleport my worm as high as the map will let me. My opponent (younger brother) exclaims "why did you do that?" - then it dawns on him. I've teleported directly above his one remaining worm.

My worm hits him doing what looks like Mach 3. His worm is unhurt. Mine dies.

By exploding.

Won the match. My brother won't play me any more.

ben0207 on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Worms Armageddon is still one of the finest games ever devised.

DietarySupplement on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team17's offices are literally a ten minute walk from my house. :)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️