As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Bart Vs The Space Mutants - NES

2»

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know what? Did... did we just discover the first television/movie tie-in "shovelware" game?

isn't this like finding the original vampire? If we kill it, will all the other bad games die?

DietarySupplement on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know what? Did... did we just discover the first television/movie tie-in "shovelware" game?

isn't this like finding the original vampire? If we kill it, will all the other bad games die?
    14klhqd.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

14klhqd.jpg

That game will never die. All of those cartridges, buried in the desert... they're slowly melding together by heat, gaining consciousness and awareness by way of nuclear tests in the area, and preparing to devour America whole.

Then, the world.

joshofalltrades on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

14klhqd.jpg

That game will never die. All of those cartridges, buried in the desert... they're slowly melding together by heat, gaining consciousness and awareness by way of nuclear tests in the area, and preparing to devour America whole.

Then, the world.
    Sounds to me like someone just wrote the sequel!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dang it... keep forgetting about that one. Oh well. Still, I think we all saw this game and thought "wow the simpsons!" and then we got it home and we were like :shock: D:

DietarySupplement on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I echo what everyone has said so far. I remember begging my dad for this game. I eventually beat it but geez. It was the wrong kind of hard. Bart vs The World was another offender. And I ate that up too. :(

Man, remember when The Simpsons had more Bart centric episodes than Homer centric episodes? At least I remember it that way.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    So I'm guessing the NES version did not have this super sweet intro the Amiga version had?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGQPHWkWCEo

I was amazed by those graphics when I was little. I'd also never seen the cartoon.

It has that intro, it just doesn't look as good.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TincheTinche No dog food for Victor tonight. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I, too, had this game as a kid (some fifteen years ago, I estimate), on the NES. I loved it and finished it after a couple of weeks. I guess I was a lot more patient back then.

Heh, I still remember looking for the last reactor thingy with my dad, and accidentally poking Maggie.

Now I'm all nostalgic. :(

Tinche on
    We're marooned on a small island, in an endless sea,
    Confined to a tiny spit of sand, unable to escape,
    But tonight, it's heavy stuff.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I echo what everyone has said so far. I remember begging my dad for this game. I eventually beat it but geez. It was the wrong kind of hard. Bart vs The World was another offender. And I ate that up too. :(

Man, remember when The Simpsons had more Bart centric episodes than Homer centric episodes? At least I remember it that way.

Bart Vs The World was pretty fun. Hard as hell of course, but this was the Nintendo. One of the few consoles to give you a controller with corners on it, because they hated you and wanted you to suffer to play their games and suffer while you played their games.

And come on, skateboarding down the great wall of China? That was fun, even if it was a pain to get the Cheap Krusty Memorabilia(TM). I think I got to Egypt once, but never beat the game.

*Note: All opinions are likely the result of the blurring effect of nearly 20 years of nostalgia and may no longer be valid if the comforting fog of poor memory is removed.

see317 on
  • atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    One of the few consoles to give you a controller with corners on it, because they hated you and wanted you to suffer to play their games and suffer while you played their games.

I think it was designed for tiny child hands since I never had a problem with it as a kid (though I was used to my C64 joysticks, so anything was a step up from them).
    The last time I held a NES controller was a few years ago and it felt tiny and kinda flimsy, obviously that's because I've been forced to use behemoth controllers, like the N64 one or the Gamecube one. Now Nintendo force me to use the Wii remote.....come to think of it Nintendo controllers have just got weirder and weirder.

atat23 on
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I loved this game as a kid. I knew it was shitty, but it was the fucking simpsons. Being a passive consumer was ignorant bliss.

I played this on my Master System (never getting very far) and then I think I played it again on my motherfucking Game Gear.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg