As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA - Hivebent: The Week of Making Out

1565758596062»

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    hmm, I was just thinking

the fact that every planet has a "first guardian" removes the possibility that bec is the unique thing that will lead to the Rift

really, the gamechanger is Jack Noir

So far Jack's got two main personality traits:

-super bloodthirsty
    -Hates those with authority over him

So if he ever figured out that he was just another tool of SBURB I could easily see him revolt against it the same way he revolted against the Black Queen

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Forums.... down.... nowhere else to post this.... aurgh!

This is pretty terrible for me, I think. :p

neck.png

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man Lexxy, that is so cute. It almost makes him not creepy! Hope it remains canon, it would be good development for them both.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn, I'm still so far from being able to browse this thread! ( last thread op got me started in the comic heh, still an entire thread later and I'm barely like 1/3rd ( and that's being generous, my luck I'm barely 1/8th!)
    but damn if it doesn't have a high tendency to soke my desk in unexpected nostril iced tea

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As far as newbies go, I think the troll arc is actually a pretty good place to start off or at least to get someone interested in the comic.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »
    I'd issue a government order for you to cap that well, but it turns out this stuff contains several proteins beneficial to marine life and breaks trash down to its molecular components.

So yeah, I'm okay with this.

There might be an upper limit on how many comics you can make about whether or not Gamzee should get his hair cut

That threshold is probably "3 comics"

[Edit] Oh Jegus Lexxy

Oh Jegus Eyes5

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Traikan wrote: »
    Unless Bec is the game changer because the genetic code was used on a snuggly, loyal dog, rather than something that's slightly more of an asshole.

I doubt it. If anything the loyalness is just getting transferred to English

I think we're going to be shown eventually that he's been guiding and manipulating Jade in the same way Scratch has been Vriska, just without words.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hmm, I was just thinking

the fact that every planet has a "first guardian" removes the possibility that bec is the unique thing that will lead to the Rift

really, the gamechanger is Jack Noir

So far Jack's got two main personality traits:

-super bloodthirsty
    -Hates those with authority over him

So if he ever figured out that he was just another tool of SBURB I could easily see him revolt against it the same way he revolted against the Black Queen

jack noir fights doc scratch

sounds

pretty fuckin cool

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh snap Lexxy. Great minds think alike something something.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As far as newbies go, I think the troll arc is actually a pretty good place to start off or at least to get someone interested in the comic.

yeah I've been having a devil of a time getting emily to read it but I showed her terezi's intro and the courtroom scene after I told her terezi reminds me a lot of her

her response was "haha, well, this is apt"

so, hopeful

Skull Man on
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Traikan wrote: »
    Unless Bec is the game changer because the genetic code was used on a snuggly, loyal dog, rather than something that's slightly more of an asshole.

I doubt it. If anything the loyalness is just getting transferred to English

I think we're going to be shown eventually that he's been guiding and manipulating Jade in the same way Scratch has been Vriska, just without words.

Yeah most likely. The fan-drama possible from Bec and Jade actually fighting is way too potent for Hussie to pass up.

Traikan on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Eyes5 wrote: »
    Oh snap Lexxy. Great minds think alike something something.

High fucking five!

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    'Sburb' takes a while to really take off, while 'Sgrub' probably starts up too fast but soon enough mellows into a nice clip.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    egbert and kakrat's chats are even funnier now

Skull Man on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lexxy wrote: »
    Fug, I love your comics forever but you know that already <3<3<3

I drew mushy crap.

robokiss.png

Oh

Oh my

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited July 2010
    you know

if he had just started on april 17th we'd be having a lot less problems

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    'Sburb' takes a while to really take off, while 'Sgrub' probably starts up too fast but soon enough mellows into a nice clip.

But Sgrub requires so much prerequisite knowledge from Sburb. I think the Intermission is the best place to warm people up to Homestuck who find it too slow in the first act.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Eyes5 wrote: »

But Sgrub requires so much prerequisite knowledge from Sburb. I think the Intermission is the best place to warm people up to Homestuck who find it too slow in the first act.

nah the intermission isn't actually very much like homestuck at all; it's much more of a throwback to problem sleuth

just make people muscle through it, though really the first part is great so I don't know what their stupid problem is

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Honestly I find the first act really entertaining. There's not as many cool moments and obviously the story is a lot simpler, but there's tons of funny jokes, like John fantasizing about taking Ben Affleck's place in Armageddon.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    though really the first part is great so I don't know what their stupid problem is

Pretty much this, except apply it to the whole comic.

Bunch of babbies.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lexxy are you making a reference or do they really say babbies where you come from

I know some people really say that

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Honestly I find the first act really entertaining. There's not as many cool moments and obviously the story is a lot simpler, but there's tons of funny jokes, like John fantasizing about taking Ben Affleck's place in Armageddon.

Agreed, but it's so slow...

I must've given up on it about four or five times before I finally decided to just keep reading until it got interesting.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    TheExAm wrote: »
    I'd issue a government order for you to cap that well, but it turns out this stuff contains several proteins beneficial to marine life and breaks trash down to its molecular components.

So yeah, I'm okay with this.

There might be an upper limit on how many comics you can make about whether or not Gamzee should get his hair cut

That threshold is probably "3 comics"

[Edit] Oh Jegus Lexxy

Oh Jegus Eyes5

You have 11 more trolls, 4 kids and several guardians to work with. Get cracking!

Except for Doc Scratch. His should be about whether he should get his head polished.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    like, slow compared to what

Skull Man on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Muse get on aim

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lexxy are you making a reference or do they really say babbies where you come from

I know some people really say that

I say it but it's entirely the internet's fault and has nothing to do with regional vernacular.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Projeck wrote: »
    Muse get on aim

Yeah I haven't been on lately.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    like, slow compared to what

Not really compared to anything.

When I describe it as slow, I mean that it took a while to really pique my interest.

Don't get me wrong, the First Act stuff was great, but eventually I just wanted read the actual story, rather than watch John wander around his house.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, the first hundred pages or so I was still thinking Problem Sleuth was better

How glad I was to be proven so wrong!

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What we need now is the Puppy Fiasco GIF updated to have Nepeta pointing at Equius and Aradia, shouting Kissy Fiasco.

Or not, considering that would involve a lot of fresh drawing.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I drew mushy crap.

robokiss.png

uuugghhh his hand is perffeeeccttt

edit: What a great page topper
    I topped page 100 with this
    does this mean I get kisses too

Kochikens on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are people jerking off to Homestuck smut in here.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I drew mushy crap.

robokiss.png

I love your art style.

Also, I like how you tastefully avoided showing the gaping hole in her chest.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's not smut.

That said, crwth probably is.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's not smut.

That said, crwth probably is.

i'm jerking off to homestuck smut everywhere

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What else does cwrth do.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.