As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the seasoning it is beginning.

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    god i would love a heimer nerf

give turrets a timer or something

heimerdinger is still loltastic

untouchable because his turrets do ridonks damage, pretty sweet

a mage that can do large amounts of sustained damage is not a mage at all, in any sense of the word

he is simultaneously a mage and a ranged damage character

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    god i would love a heimer nerf

give turrets a timer or something

heimerdinger is still loltastic

untouchable because his turrets do ridonks damage, pretty sweet

a mage that can do large amounts of sustained damage is not a mage at all, in any sense of the word

he is simultaneously a mage and a ranged damage character

In his case I'd say its more like he is simultaneously a mage and R-Type.

Drijen on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Riot IS ever gonna tweak the characters that need it or just shrug their shoulders and go "they're all just gonna be banned in ranked anyway, fuck it"

interrobang on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Riot IS ever gonna tweak the characters that need it or just shrug their shoulders and go "they're all just gonna be banned in ranked anyway, fuck it"

Probably this. It's more economic for them to just keep on shitting out new champions.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They have been tweaking Heimer lately. Latest patch had some nerfs.

I like to see tweaks instead of huge changes because it's so easy to go overboard in one way or another.

Slicer on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    they have tweaked characters in the past, but that was pre-draft

i mean they are on the right track with making him unable to go "lol imma kill towers while i stand here not putting myself in danger" but his turrets need to be temporary

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I keep getting some bad packet loss lately... standing watching the game go on around me and I can't move.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, to be honest draft mode isn't a perfect barometer for what heroes are overpowered, just what heroes people hate playing against. They're usually one and the same but sometimes it's not the case (I see Shen banned frequently and ever since his last nerfs he has seemed fairly fine to me, still one of the better tanks in the game of course but there are reasons to pick other tanks!).

Slicer on
    edited July 2010
    I mean, all sorts of posts on the official forums and the SA topic have Riot people saying 'we are very much interested in looking at champions w/x/y/z and changes are being tested out internally/on the secret ptr'.

I have hope that they actually mean alla dat and things will come down the pipe.

Drijen on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heimer honestly just needs to not dmg towers with his nades, and possibly not with his towers (this is debateable).

Shen is the single best tank and a good one will win a game where the other 4 strongest chars (or 3 + pick your fave strongest) are banned.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I saw Garen on a banlist tonight.

I was like wut

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited July 2010
    haha wow. so I guess breaking news is that ranked matches are going to be 30 only pretty soon.

Mixed feelings but out of the ranked games I've played the two biggest fucking assholes have been low-20s and were basically the worst of the DotA community at every opportunity. One dude currently has a thread on the general forums asking for banlists because he is soooooo sick of people not living up to his 100% perfect expectations. Incidentally he single-handedly lost the game I was in by refusing to do anything but farm creeps or sit at the fountain when enemy champs showed up. Spent the rest of the game calling us noobs for even daring to play the game.

Not that once you hit 30 you magically become a saint and are just fun times. At least now people won't be able to go on rants in game about how someones level 26 rune page lost a game.

And now I need to get that last level I guess.

Drijen on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I was like wut
    lul

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there any benefit to building Shen as anything other than a tank, or is the one I just got done playing against stupid?

interrobang on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think he was stupid.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

I was like wut
    It is because Garen is like Legionaire from HoN, who is actually a great hero. An awesome taunt like a real tank should have, a sweet whirling blade and an ult that actually kills heroes past level 6.

I actually miss HoN (but I still wont pay for it) all the heroes were a lot of fun and LoL is just missing something. There aren't any cool heroes like Valk or Pollywog.

Fizban140 on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alright that's it, I'm done with solo queue. Too much fucking terrible, too much silly geese of the highest order being utterly unable to follow simple tactics (DO NOT SPLIT UP YOU BUNCH OF FUCKI-oh look you are dead and you are dead too and now we are all dead because at 3v5 we had no chance of victory), too much bullshit. I can understand a lvl5 or a lvl10 not knowing much, but said behaviour coming from fucking lvl20 to lvl30 is pretty much inexcusable.

A premade 2-man team RAGEQUITTING TOGETHER in my last game was pretty much the breaking point of me.

Dac Vin on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »

I was like wut
    It is because Garen is like Legionaire from HoN, who is actually a great hero. An awesome taunt like a real tank should have, a sweet whirling blade and an ult that actually kills heroes past level 6.

I actually miss HoN (but I still wont pay for it) all the heroes were a lot of fun and LoL is just missing something. There aren't any cool heroes like Valk or Pollywog.
    God, everyone I have talked to when I say that I absolutely loved the HELL out of Legionnaire in HoN has told me to play Garen but he hasn't come up free yet and I don't want to blind buy him. =(

I've been making do with Malphite and doing all right with him, though, so I'll continue to wait. =X

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Alright that's it, I'm done with solo queue. Too much fucking terrible, too much silly geese of the highest order being utterly unable to follow simple tactics (DO NOT SPLIT UP YOU BUNCH OF FUCKI-oh look you are dead and you are dead too and now we are all dead because at 3v5 we had no chance of victory), too much bullshit. I can understand a lvl5 or a lvl10 not knowing much, but said behaviour coming from fucking lvl20 to lvl30 is pretty much inexcusable.

A premade 2-man team RAGEQUITTING TOGETHER in my last game was pretty much the breaking point of me.

I had that happen to me as well earlier today.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love weaving in and out of the battle as Ezreal. It's so satisfying. It's hard for me to lose with him, now.

Melkster on
  • Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »

I was like wut

Who is basically Axe from DotA, who was amazing as well. AOE Taunt, double helix procs for hideous damage at low levels, and a finisher ult.

I really wish Garen were as top tier. He is still fun though.

Winnie The Pooh on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey. So I saw a screenshot of the next character. Is this fake? The icons are placeholders if it's a real one, but... Hell. Who knows at this rate?
    vladimirlol.jpg

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well he looks retarded so it's very plausible that its a Riot design.

rts on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is that a fauxhawk

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited July 2010
    Moar like... crazy support nuker who shaves off his own (gigantic) HP pool to power his attacks. Mmm. Delicious.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He kinda reminds me of spar from breath of fire

200px-Aspara_Gus.jpg

Who looks remarkably stupid.

Aydr on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well he looks retarded so it's very plausible that its a Riot design.

SICK BURN CAKE

:o

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EvilsvilleEvilsville Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I remember a very long thread on the official forums brainstorming a "vampiric" hero that used "blood" as a resource. I guess this is close enough?

Evilsville on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love characters with life leech based attacks, so I'm excited.

reVerse on
    edited July 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I love characters with life leech based attacks, so I'm excited.

I for one, am tired of new heroes. I'm still trying to learn how to play Jax, Udyr, Shaco and Singed not like a goddamn retard.

Now I want amumu, ffffffffffuuuuuuuu

Evilsville on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=175678

I find the summoner level data a bit interesting. I don't play solo ranked a whole lot so the change isn't really an issue for me.

Also there is a thread for Vladimir feedback on the test realm forum, so yeh he's real.

This is worse than lollipoppy. Too. Much. Color.

Vlad Skin

Another Vlad skin

Nisi on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is that a fauxhawk

It might be a Dairy Queen ice cream cone. Not sure yet.
    Aydr wrote:

I remember attempting to sacrifice him for the part where you had to sacrifice a party member to continue, just because he looked dumb and I didn't care at all about him. Pity it was one of those YOUR MORALITY IS BEING TESTED things, and I couldn't actually kill anybody.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    is that a fauxhawk

It might be a Dairy Queen ice cream cone. Not sure yet.
    Aydr wrote:

I remember attempting to sacrifice him for the part where you had to sacrifice a party member to continue, just because he looked dumb and I didn't care at all about him. Pity it was one of those YOUR MORALITY IS BEING TESTED things, and I couldn't actually kill anybody.

I would have probably rather killed Jean. Stupid frogman. So... french.

Aydr on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Heimer buff plz

Zen Vulgarity on
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

I find the summoner level data a bit interesting. I don't play solo ranked a whole lot so the change isn't really an issue for me.

*snip*

This makes me sad. I have a 57% winning percentage even after back to back losses. That's still 5% more than an average level 30 player, but I can't play ranked until I grind 3 more levels. Kinda sucks. Wish riot let people under level 30 with a rank above 1250 or 1300 keep playing. Oh well, I guess more grinding for me.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't like the level 30 means for Ranked because that just seems like wankery to me.

Guess it's back to normal again.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

Also there is a thread for Vladimir feedback on the test realm forum, so yeh he's real.

This is worse than lollipoppy. Too. Much. Color.

Vlad Skin

Another Vlad skin

The data is totally interesting.

Pre-20 32% win rate... up to 50%+?

Thats.... huge. Phenomenal.

Evilsville on
  • CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drijen wrote: »
    haha wow. so I guess breaking news is that ranked matches are going to be 30 only pretty soon.

Mixed feelings but out of the ranked games I've played the two biggest fucking assholes have been low-20s and were basically the worst of the DotA community at every opportunity. One dude currently has a thread on the general forums asking for banlists because he is soooooo sick of people not living up to his 100% perfect expectations. Incidentally he single-handedly lost the game I was in by refusing to do anything but farm creeps or sit at the fountain when enemy champs showed up. Spent the rest of the game calling us noobs for even daring to play the game.

Not that once you hit 30 you magically become a saint and are just fun times. At least now people won't be able to go on rants in game about how someones level 26 rune page lost a game.

And now I need to get that last level I guess.

See I thought in ranked play it would be like normal and place me with and against all people my level. I am 23 and I did one ranked match and when I saw it was predominantly 30s I decided I would wait until 30 to play any ranked matches. Also I am not a total dick like that other guy, I apologized to my team profusely. Also this is because I haven't bought a single rune yet.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
    edited July 2010
    You probably should have bought runes at level 20/21

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You probably should have bought runes at level 20/21

Yeah probably but I am addicted to buying new heroes. I will probably save up and buy a couple of health quints at the very least.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png