Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

arrested develo[chat]

1495052545563

Posts

  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    @Joker: rotfl no you cannot do that that's just wrong on so many levels eeeeeeeeew. Chat's been gross enough already today, dude. The only acceptable use of this is the usage referenced in the No Doubt song "Bathwater."

    Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Ellie, I have to be honest with you.

    I have no idea what Stout is or why you're excited it's in shampoo.

    stout? like the beer?

    What?

    JustinSane07 on
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why this comic gets you so upset you have to trash it by using words like "pitiful". It's doubly ridiculous because you have interests that others don't understand and you get shit for it but here you are giving shit in kind.

    I don't know what context I'd use the word "pitiful" within.

    I guess I pity Tom Cruise, assuming he really is a self-hating closet case.

    Also, animals caught in bear traps.

    What if Tom Cruise was caught in a bear trap?

    Winky on
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

    One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

    :( :( :( :(

    damit are you two e-dating as well

    You stay away from my non-woman Arch,

    I will cut you!

    Jokerman on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Tesla cannon is good times against the shield dudes. Stuns 'em while your more well armed compatriots blast it in the shiny parts.

    tesla gun +chainsaw is stupidly powerful if you have quick fingers

    Don't think I have the saw yet. Made it to... uh... level 15 maybe? I likes me the freeze grenades!

    Oh, you can pick up the chainsaw in one of the levels. I am only like level 8

    Oh shits really? Huh. I'd been playing for like 3 hours before I realized my brightness was WAY too low. I just thought the game was supposed to be painfully dark. Then I boosted it up and could actually see my surroundings! So that was nice.

    If you pick something up in a level, does it add to your permanent inventory?

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    This is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why this comic gets you so upset you have to trash it by using words like "pitiful". It's doubly ridiculous because you have interests that others don't understand and you get shit for it but here you are giving shit in kind.

    I don't know what context I'd use the word "pitiful" within.

    I guess I pity Tom Cruise, assuming he really is a self-hating closet case.

    Also, animals caught in bear traps.

    What if Tom Cruise was caught in a bear trap?

    What kind of bears are we talking about here? :winky:

    Robos A Go Go on
  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i couldnt shower with it Ellie, I would be too tempted to eat the soap
    It smells divine. It really makes me want a beer, but it's 11:45 in the morning. And although that's rarely stopped me before, I am house sitting and--

    No, it has nothing to do with housesitting. I just might actually want to go do some shopping today. :lol:

    Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JokermanJokerman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    @Joker: rotfl no you cannot do that that's just wrong on so many levels eeeeeeeeew. Chat's been gross enough already today, dude. The only acceptable use of this is the usage referenced in the No Doubt song "Bathwater."


    Hahaha, I wouldn't really do that.

    but most of the things I say I would do.

    Jokerman on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Ellie, I have to be honest with you.

    I have no idea what Stout is or why you're excited it's in shampoo.

    stout? like the beer?

    What?

    its actually just shampoo for fat people

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there literally beer in the shampoo.

    Are you washing your hair with beer.

    Sarksus on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Tesla cannon is good times against the shield dudes. Stuns 'em while your more well armed compatriots blast it in the shiny parts.

    tesla gun +chainsaw is stupidly powerful if you have quick fingers

    Don't think I have the saw yet. Made it to... uh... level 15 maybe? I likes me the freeze grenades!

    Oh, you can pick up the chainsaw in one of the levels. I am only like level 8

    Oh shits really? Huh. I'd been playing for like 3 hours before I realized my brightness was WAY too low. I just thought the game was supposed to be painfully dark. Then I boosted it up and could actually see my surroundings! So that was nice.

    If you pick something up in a level, does it add to your permanent inventory?

    No, sadly

    it was in a corner room somewhere and I was all sweet a chainsaw because I was playing the tech guy with +melee damage so I was all like ZAP ZAP ZAP VRRRRMM VRRRMMMM

    and then we all died or maybe that was a different level

    Arch on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    This is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why this comic gets you so upset you have to trash it by using words like "pitiful". It's doubly ridiculous because you have interests that others don't understand and you get shit for it but here you are giving shit in kind.

    I don't know what context I'd use the word "pitiful" within.

    I guess I pity Tom Cruise, assuming he really is a self-hating closet case.

    Also, animals caught in bear traps.

    What if Tom Cruise was caught in a bear trap?

    That is funny.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

    One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

    :( :( :( :(

    damit are you two e-dating as well

    Hahahahano. He creeps on me, and I laugh. Sometimes this is a group activity. I've noticed my threshold for creep is growing the more I hang out here. I'm not sure what to make of this.

    Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    i couldnt shower with it Ellie, I would be too tempted to eat the soap
    It smells divine. It really makes me want a beer, but it's 11:45 in the morning. And although that's rarely stopped me before,

    you aren't a man until you have had beer-ios

    aka beer cheerios
    don't actually do this

    Arch on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

    One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

    :( :( :( :(

    damit are you two e-dating as well

    Hahahahano. He creeps on me, and I laugh. Sometimes this is a group activity. I've noticed my threshold for creep is growing the more I hang out here. I'm not sure what to make of this.

    You're leveling up. Soon you'll have _J_ driving you to other [chat]ters' houses.

    Silas Brown on
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Tesla cannon is good times against the shield dudes. Stuns 'em while your more well armed compatriots blast it in the shiny parts.

    tesla gun +chainsaw is stupidly powerful if you have quick fingers

    Don't think I have the saw yet. Made it to... uh... level 15 maybe? I likes me the freeze grenades!

    Oh, you can pick up the chainsaw in one of the levels. I am only like level 8

    Oh shits really? Huh. I'd been playing for like 3 hours before I realized my brightness was WAY too low. I just thought the game was supposed to be painfully dark. Then I boosted it up and could actually see my surroundings! So that was nice.

    If you pick something up in a level, does it add to your permanent inventory?

    I don't think so. I picked up the chainsaw in some room with other weapons, but once we completed the mission it was back to the between levels screen with my default weapon loadout and no saw.

    desc on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should probably bother to read Scott Pilgrim at some point.

    I dunno if it'll be my thing though. Maybe I can find a copy to borrow.

    Or maybe I'll just satisfy my black and white comic urge by reading Bone again.

    Galahad on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    basically alien swarm is hells of fun and i like electrocuting aliens

    gonna make a tech guy with tesla gun, chainsaw, and tesla trap or maybe i will use a medic because they run faster

    i will zap all the aliens and run around chopping them up

    Arch on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I like the techs normal gun that auto tracks. It is so nice. That and the sniper rifle for big critters.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So Organichu you just think it's fake that was crafted with the intention of being popular, like a commercial or a boy band?

    no, i can't really assume that. my guess is the author really loves the stuff, too. he's not reading these elements out of a style guide- he's probably making the comic he'd love if someone else made it for him. it's just very tightly treehousey. it has 0 appeal for me, as someone who doesn't smile at the never ending reference.

    It's not pandering if you're making a comic you would personally like.

    That's how most things are created. People create things that they personally like and hope that others will like it too.

    yes, it is

    afaik the word pander doesn't specify that the 'panderer' wouldn't himself enjoy what's he's pandering. it's just about offering up, for indulgence, something silly and pitiful that you know people will eat up

    This is pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why this comic gets you so upset you have to trash it by using words like "pitiful".

    it doesn't get me 'upset', i just think it's a lame comic. i was leaving it at that but jokerman asked me to explain exactly what was so lame about it. 'pitiful' is a step down from the definition i saw in the dictionary: a desire that is immoral or distasteful. i think you see a lot more anger behind the word 'pitiful' than i actually put there. like, a little kid swings a bat and misses a pitch and i go "wow, that was pitiful". i'm not actually going to follow him to the showers and shove him in a locker. relax.
    It's doubly ridiculous because you have interests that others don't understand and you get shit for it but here you are giving shit in kind.

    you're right that i do get a lot of shit for it- people here have called me tiny-dicked, insane, deluded, and even a bigot, and other shit that is a lot harsher than 'your silly and pitiful nerd nostalgia'.
    Anyway, the sticking point is the intention of the creator. I just asked if you thought it was crafted with the intention of being popular and you said you couldn't assume that, but now you say that it was made knowing that people would eat it up, so what the hell are you talking about.

    I think the creator likes these things and he made a comic about them. The comic is over-the-top and fun.

    i meant that i couldn't assume he did it solely to be eaten up by this demographic. i think he likes the stuff, too- which is how he writes it well enough, and comfortably enough, that you all love it. but i also think for sure that it probably ran through his mind, how to make it even more outrageously relatable to y'all. it's probably a synergy of both.

    Organichu on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I like the techs normal gun that auto tracks. It is so nice. That and the sniper rifle for big critters.

    it didn't do enough damage or have enough stopping power for my tastes

    Arch on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

    One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

    :( :( :( :(

    damit are you two e-dating as well

    Hahahahano. He creeps on me, and I laugh. Sometimes this is a group activity. I've noticed my threshold for creep is growing the more I hang out here. I'm not sure what to make of this.

    That happens to most people around me.

    Premier kakos on
    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

    One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

    :( :( :( :(

    damit are you two e-dating as well

    Hahahahano. He creeps on me, and I laugh. Sometimes this is a group activity. I've noticed my threshold for creep is growing the more I hang out here. I'm not sure what to make of this.

    It means you're becoming more zerg.

    Drez on
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    Winky on
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Soon you'll have _J_ driving you to other [chat]ters' houses.

    See its funny because everyone said she was cheating on him and then she was cheating on him.

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kakos is a nucleation site for the creepy crystallization in [chat]

    Arch on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wait, chatter's are catching shit for things that they like or dislike?

    images?q=tbn:sBB5JH74fJLKXM:

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Is there literally beer in the shampoo.

    Are you washing your hair with beer.
    According to the ingredients list, stout is the featured ingredient! (Though I am fairly certain this differs from "active ingredient.") The stout is meant to add weight to the hair so it doesn't frizz out.

    Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    don't even think that

    stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

    Arch on
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez wrote: »

    It means you're becoming more zerg.

    And now I want to craft stars. Thanks

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Is there literally beer in the shampoo.

    Are you washing your hair with beer.
    According to the ingredients list, stout is the featured ingredient! (Though I am fairly certain this differs from "active ingredient.") The stout is meant to add weight to the hair so it doesn't frizz out.

    oh i need this shampoo now

    or i could just buy some stout and pour it on myself in the shower

    dinner AND a show!

    Arch on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey wait a minute.

    I thought you agreed to be at my office at 8am this morning, Ellie.

    JustinSane07 on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man this video makes me way too happy

    BAT MAAAAAN

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Ellie wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Is there literally beer in the shampoo.

    Are you washing your hair with beer.
    According to the ingredients list, stout is the featured ingredient! (Though I am fairly certain this differs from "active ingredient.") The stout is meant to add weight to the hair so it doesn't frizz out.

    oh i need this shampoo now

    or i could just buy some stout and pour it on myself in the shower

    dinner AND a show!

    Yummy

    Silas Brown on
  • BogartBogart I Will Cure You Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    HENNIMORE!

    Bogart on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm tired of you, Greeper!

    <3 ?

    Greeper on
    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    don't even think that

    stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

    I honestly think that sense of humor is tied into brain function!

    Of course the concept of "smarter" and "stupider" is nebulous. But I think that sense of humor is very much tied into how interconnected your brain is and how often you frame shift when viewing something.

    I very often find little things absurd, and therefore hilarious, and I wonder if this indicates that I am viewing something in a new light that others aren't, or if it's because I haven't viewed this thing in this light before, while others have so it doesn't seem novel, and therefore funny, to them.

    Winky on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    don't even think that

    stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

    I honestly think that sense of humor is tied into brain function!

    Of course the concept of "smarter" and "stupider" is nebulous. But I think that sense of humor is very much tied into how interconnected your brain is and how often you frame shift when viewing something.

    I very often find little things absurd, and therefore hilarious, and I wonder if this indicates that I am viewing something in a new light that others aren't, or if it's because I haven't viewed this thing in this light before, while others have so it doesn't seem novel, and therefore funny, to them.

    that is a better post than your initial one implied, as it really sounded bad initially

    Arch on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    don't even think that

    stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

    I honestly think that sense of humor is tied into brain function!

    Of course the concept of "smarter" and "stupider" is nebulous. But I think that sense of humor is very much tied into how interconnected your brain is and how often you frame shift when viewing something.

    I very often find little things absurd, and therefore hilarious, and I wonder if this indicates that I am viewing something in a new light that others aren't, or if it's because I haven't viewed this thing in this light before, while others have so it doesn't seem novel, and therefore funny, to them.

    Arch was right. Stop this.

    Greeper on
    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

    don't even think that

    stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

    I honestly think that sense of humor is tied into brain function!

    Of course the concept of "smarter" and "stupider" is nebulous. But I think that sense of humor is very much tied into how interconnected your brain is and how often you frame shift when viewing something.

    I very often find little things absurd, and therefore hilarious, and I wonder if this indicates that I am viewing something in a new light that others aren't, or if it's because I haven't viewed this thing in this light before, while others have so it doesn't seem novel, and therefore funny, to them.

    that is a better post than your initial one implied, as it really sounded bad initially

    All of my posts are actually much better than they are. People just always assume the worst.

    Winky on
This discussion has been closed.