As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

arrested develo[chat]

• thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BATMAN

NUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUH

BATMAN

NUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUH

BATMAN

NUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUH

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    sarks you're being ridiculous.

i'm explaining what i don't like about the comics- too full of self-indulgent references and every name drop imaginable. every few pages makes me groan, because i can imagine a 20something liberal who grew up in the late 80s going "heehee, that was cool". i don't like that, it makes it difficult for me to immerse myself in the work. i think it's lame and silly.

what

what

I

what?

Family Guy is like your favorite cartoon.

Ludious on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    its a bit like ponyposting Winky

say a snippet of something that is the tip of a deeper more complex thought, but without realizing that the snippet sounds pretty bad out of context of the rest of your thoughs

Jeez Arch stop being so raw lately.

what does that mean?

when was I raw?

this isn't hatin' on pony, i like the dude. i just wanted a frame of reference.

I'm making fun of him complaining about the chat being raw because we always complain about how he posts.

Now my joke is even less funny than it was before.

if i was really going to levy a complaint about his posting it would be that i can no longer type how i like

which is like this

without being compared to him

Arch on
  • EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Hey wait a minute.

I thought you agreed to be at my office at 8am this morning, Ellie.
    Sorry. Forgot about my housesitting gig. They're actually paying me for this. I'm pretty sure you aren't. ;)

I was paying you in sex! WE AGREED UPON THIS! IT WAS YOUR TERMS!

Wait.

House sitting? Fo' real?

You have to have a gigantic and wacky party that ends with you scrambling to clean it up before the owners get home.

I wanted to say something really crass in response to that (but not disparaging to you), but I'm pretty sure I don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass, so pretend I said something very cheeky.

And yeah, house sitting fo' rizzle.

Right? The family I'm sitting for was all "You can have a party if you want to. Have your friends over. We've got every movie channel and there's plenty of beer in the fridges."

I mean, really? REALLY? If only my friends weren't all "we can't be arsed to drive out to your end of the Cities because there's nothing to do there," I would totally throw a party and it would be epical.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What I'm trying to say is that I'm secretly brilliant and none of you understand me.

Winky on
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »

say a snippet of something that is the tip of a deeper more complex thought, but without realizing that the snippet sounds pretty bad out of context of the rest of your thoughs

Yes exactly.

This also describes everything I've ever said about natural selection on these forums.

i can't think of ever having seen you maek poast about natural selection, although I have seen you maek poast about evo psych

my evo psych posts are like this though

I say a lot of stuff like "The most fundamental principle behind natural selection is that things that are most likely to continue existing will continue to exist."

Which is poorly put and belies the actual thought process that generated it.

I only dislike that because a lot of creationists have tried to argue that natural selection, and thus evolution, and thus abiogenesis (which is thus confused with evolution) are invalidated by this tautology.

Arch on
  • VideotapeVideotape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah, a full 12 hours of sleep. How is [chat] today?

Videotape on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

i'm explaining what i don't like about the comics- too full of self-indulgent references and every name drop imaginable. every few pages makes me groan, because i can imagine a 20something liberal who grew up in the late 80s going "heehee, that was cool". i don't like that, it makes it difficult for me to immerse myself in the work. i think it's lame and silly.

what

what

I

what?

Family Guy is like your favorite cartoon.

my dad laughs at that stuff

so does my juggalo little brother

and this girl i dated who was a mormon

it isn't nearly, nearly, nearly so narrow

it's not about using a lot of references- it's about all the references being pointed at a very, very specific audience

Organichu on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

Jeez Arch stop being so raw lately.

what does that mean?

when was I raw?

this isn't hatin' on pony, i like the dude. i just wanted a frame of reference.

I'm making fun of him complaining about the chat being raw because we always complain about how he posts.

Now my joke is even less funny than it was before.

if i was really going to levy a complaint about his posting it would be that i can no longer type how i like

which is like this

you could also be compared to me!

i realize that this is not an improvement

Rust on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So apparently Leigh is still jealous of the flirting the intern does. I know it's an insecurity on her part and I should be more supportive, but damned if I don't enjoy the stepping up in Leigh's flirting with me it causes.

Sleep with the intern and reassure your good lady with the news that, of the two, Leigh is much better in bed.

Well you've never given me bad advice before....the only flaw is that I don't think the intern actually wants to sleep with me. She's just one of those people who flirt without thinking about. Or she wants to sleep with every guy in the office.

Thomamelas on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Like, when I saw this icon of jesus, I laughed pretty hard. Does that make me smart or dumb?

medium.jpg

The answer is
    who cares, his abs look like a wang.

The King of Glory indeed.

desc on
    edited July 2010
    skippy also does it

so i guess my point is

it ain't just pony

Arch on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lunch was good. Had Chinese buffet and they have decent sushi!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    my lunch was great i had leftover pistachio pesto linguine

Arch on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    skippy also does it

so i guess my point is

it ain't just pony

Skippy isn't the father of lies though

Ludious on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is jesus raisin the roof there?

nexuscrawler on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey wait a minute.

I thought you agreed to be at my office at 8am this morning, Ellie.
    Sorry. Forgot about my housesitting gig. They're actually paying me for this. I'm pretty sure you aren't. ;)

I was paying you in sex! WE AGREED UPON THIS! IT WAS YOUR TERMS!

Wait.

House sitting? Fo' real?

You have to have a gigantic and wacky party that ends with you scrambling to clean it up before the owners get home.

I wanted to say something really crass in response to that (but not disparaging to you), but I'm pretty sure I don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass, so pretend I said something very cheeky.

And yeah, house sitting fo' rizzle.

Right? The family I'm sitting for was all "You can have a party if you want to. Have your friends over. We've got every movie channel and there's plenty of beer in the fridges."

I mean, really? REALLY? If only my friends weren't all "we can't be arsed to drive out to your end of the Cities because there's nothing to do there," I would totally throw a party and it would be epical.

Damn it, say the crass stuff. It's more fun that way.

Also, what terrible friends. They clearly don't understand the joy of taking advantage of someone else's house.

JustinSane07 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What I'm trying to say is that I'm secretly brilliant and none of you understand me.

Uh-huh. How many tries did it take for you to set up the light beam and mirrors puzzle? And that you're using a light beam and mirrors puzzle?

Thomamelas on
    edited July 2010
    if anyone cares what i eat that is

i realize PA ain't twitter

oh also it was homemade

Arch on
    edited July 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for:

explosive diarrhea

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited July 2010

Yes exactly.

This also describes everything I've ever said about natural selection on these forums.

i can't think of ever having seen you maek poast about natural selection, although I have seen you maek poast about evo psych

I say a lot of stuff like "The most fundamental principle behind natural selection is that things that are most likely to continue existing will continue to exist."

I only dislike that because a lot of creationists have tried to argue that natural selection, and thus evolution, and thus abiogenesis (which is thus confused with evolution) are invalidated by this tautology.

How so?

Because of entropy?

Because I think that selection has an interesting relationship with entropy that I don't fully understand yet and make a lot of silly claims about.

Winky on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, what are we arguing about today?

BobCesca on
    edited July 2010
    OH FUCK YES MY FIANCEE GOT A COPY OF THE BOOK OH MAN YES

Arch on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie is the swarm?

May God have mercy on our souls.
    I may or may not be vying for the title of Queen Bitch of the Universe with the lovely and ruthless Kerrigan.

Oddly enough I just recently purchased Starcraft for $15 from Blizzard in a sad attempt to get in the SC2 beta last minute. I just hit the first Kerrigan mission. I suppose could off her giving you the title retroactively :P

Also what Justin said. Clearly it's time for a monster of a house party.

HappylilElf on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it annoys the hell out of me when people won't make time to enjoy an empty house

who gives a fuck how far the ride is. sleep there. it's an EMPTY FUCKING HOUSE you assholes.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited July 2010
    So apparently Leigh is still jealous of the flirting the intern does. I know it's an insecurity on her part and I should be more supportive, but damned if I don't enjoy the stepping up in Leigh's flirting with me it causes.

Sleep with the intern and reassure your good lady with the news that, of the two, Leigh is much better in bed.

Well you've never given me bad advice before....the only flaw is that I don't think the intern actually wants to sleep with me. She's just one of those people who flirt without thinking about. Or she wants to sleep with every guy in the office.

270px-Kelly_Character_Box.png ?

Ludious on
    edited July 2010

ladies and gentlemen, the moments you've all been waiting for:

explosive diarrhea

Organichu on
    edited July 2010

Uh-huh. How many tries did it take for you to set up the light beam and mirrors puzzle? And that you're using a light beam and mirrors puzzle?

You are so going to eat your words once you realize the purpose of that room.

Winky on
    edited July 2010
    Whm trnyig tat I'o saat I' m sy is thecretant ly brilliand nne ofo yonderstau und em.

hrmmmm

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited July 2010

Yes exactly.

How so?

Because of entropy?

Because I think that selection has an interesting relationship with entropy that I don't fully understand yet and make a lot of silly claims about.

No, that it doesn't make testable claims because you can't falsify a tautology.

Arch on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

whether I'm sexy or incredibly sexy

nexuscrawler on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for:

explosive diarrhea

That almost happened to me last night. Playing Alien Swarm and took a bio break. My colon tried to trick me into making a rather large mess in my bathroom. Luckily I got wise to it's ruse.

HappylilElf on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

it's not an argument if we all deny the premises

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010

I guess you don't actually have to sleep with her. Just tell the missus that you have and that she was rubbish. That should sort out your problems.

Bogart on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

what's the consensus so far?

BobCesca on
    edited July 2010
    winky the entropy thing is a different criticism in general and ignores that the world is not a closed system in context of evolutionary theory

Arch on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

which is like this

you can type like that!

it is IM style

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2010
    Guys happylilElf's speaking voice is totally not nearly as high pitched and effeminate as I, and I'm sure the rest of you, may have imagined.

Ludious on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

i haven't called anyone a pedophile or a filthy, antisocial geek. you're seriously making me sound way more hateful and judgmental than i'm actually being.

What I am saying is instead of being satisfied with saying that the comic isn't for you but you don't begrudge other people liking it you are calling the comic bad when it isn't bad, it just falls outside of your own tastes. Basically I don't see why you have to invalidate other people's tastes when all you had to do was say the comic wasn't for you. It's needlessly confrontational and it spurs arguments like these when all it could have been was "this is my personal truth" and then you could have continued to dislike the comic and I could have continued re-reading volume five and it would have been fine.

There are a lot of things I don't like but I don't call them bad, I recognize that they are good. There is a lot of music, for example, that I can't get into but I believe is technically good. There is no reason for me to call into question other people's tastes and it's not an argument I want to be responsible for starting.

Sarksus on
    edited July 2010
    OH FUCK YES MY FIANCEE GOT A COPY OF THE BOOK OH MAN YES

2878889135_eb55c6bff4.jpg

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.