As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

arrested develo[chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    So, what are we arguing about today?

whether I'm sexy or incredibly sexy

what's the consensus so far?

somewhere between scrumptious and mantastic

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Scott Pilgrim and how it is terrible because it panders to nerd culture or something. I don't know, I've never read it.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

sexynexy sounds better than incredisexynexy

Arch on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Ahahahaha at Lud's ensign pic last page. Very apt.

Bogart on
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Ellie wrote: »
    Hey wait a minute.

I thought you agreed to be at my office at 8am this morning, Ellie.
    Sorry. Forgot about my housesitting gig. They're actually paying me for this. I'm pretty sure you aren't. ;)

I was paying you in sex! WE AGREED UPON THIS! IT WAS YOUR TERMS!

Wait.

House sitting? Fo' real?

You have to have a gigantic and wacky party that ends with you scrambling to clean it up before the owners get home.

I wanted to say something really crass in response to that (but not disparaging to you), but I'm pretty sure I don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass, so pretend I said something very cheeky.

And yeah, house sitting fo' rizzle.

Right? The family I'm sitting for was all "You can have a party if you want to. Have your friends over. We've got every movie channel and there's plenty of beer in the fridges."

I mean, really? REALLY? If only my friends weren't all "we can't be arsed to drive out to your end of the Cities because there's nothing to do there," I would totally throw a party and it would be epical.

Damn it, say the crass stuff. It's more fun that way.

Also, what terrible friends. They clearly don't understand the joy of taking advantage of someone else's house.

Right? It was pulling teeth to get my friends to come out here for my birthday, and then we got tossed from the bar because the 28-year-old forgot to renew her ID (not license) that expired in fucking February. (This was June. Plenty of time to have remembered to do this.) They think that if you aren't in Minneapolis or Saint Paul proper, that the place is a shitty hicksville ghost town with nothing of value. I don't understand this mentality.

Man, if I said half the crass shit that crosses my mind, I would never be able to show my face here because I'd never live it down and I would be crying all the time from all the fun poked at me. :P I'm too thin-skinned to set myself up for that.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

somewhere between scrotum and manatee

HRMMMM

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

:(:(:(:(

I wanna see!
    Galahad wrote: »
    Best shampoo I ever had had oatmeal in it. I have no idea what it was called. I have very fine hair that tends to frizz and also tends to get oily. That shampoo was the perfect chemistry for my scalp, no grease, no frizz.

Every once in a while I think to myself, "Hey, that oatmeal shampoo was rad!" and I go looking for it and I can never find it. Maybe I dreamed it.

I bet you it was by Aveeno.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Guys happylilElf's speaking voice is totally not nearly as high pitched and effeminate as I, and I'm sure the rest of you, may have imagined.

I figured Elf would sound like Tinkerbell.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    No, that it doesn't make testable claims because you can't falsify a tautology.

It is the same tautology by which entropy functions. Which means if that were the case, we'd have to throw out thermodynamics too.

At any rate, while you can't falsify the tautology, you can easily falsify natural selection by proving that it doesn't produce the most likely thing to exist.

Winky on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my lunch was great i had leftover pistachio pesto linguine

Sounds good.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    So apparently Leigh is still jealous of the flirting the intern does. I know it's an insecurity on her part and I should be more supportive, but damned if I don't enjoy the stepping up in Leigh's flirting with me it causes.

Sleep with the intern and reassure your good lady with the news that, of the two, Leigh is much better in bed.

Well you've never given me bad advice before....the only flaw is that I don't think the intern actually wants to sleep with me. She's just one of those people who flirt without thinking about. Or she wants to sleep with every guy in the office.

270px-Kelly_Character_Box.png ?

Yes, but without the actual humping of everything moving part.
    You are so going to eat your words once you realize the purpose of that room.

That it exists for the DM to attempt to show how clever he thinks he is, only to be foiled by the PCs? I'm pretty sure I've seen that kind of room before. And Gygax did it better.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Zerg is my strongest race.

My life for void rays!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am going to make one of those little flags and carry it around.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »

It is the same tautology by which entropy functions. Which means if that were the case, we'd have to throw out thermodynamics too.

At any rate, while you can't falsify the tautology, you can easily falsify natural selection by proving that it doesn't produce the most likely thing to exist.

I don't understand how entropy is tautologic, unless ALL natural laws are also tautologies

which they may be...

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Life obeys entropy like air conditioners obey conservation of energy. Life pumps entropy at the cost of creating even more entropy elsewhere. It's a thing we do.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The few scott pilgrims panels I've read, I never liked, but that's just one man's opinion.

One incredibly brilliant, sexy man.

Who is not nexus.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So apparently Leigh is still jealous of the flirting the intern does. I know it's an insecurity on her part and I should be more supportive, but damned if I don't enjoy the stepping up in Leigh's flirting with me it causes.

Sleep with the intern and reassure your good lady with the news that, of the two, Leigh is much better in bed.

Well you've never given me bad advice before....the only flaw is that I don't think the intern actually wants to sleep with me. She's just one of those people who flirt without thinking about. Or she wants to sleep with every guy in the office.

I guess you don't actually have to sleep with her. Just tell the missus that you have and that she was rubbish. That should sort out your problems.

Right, that should clear up her fears immediately.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Life obeys entropy like air conditioners obey conservation of energy. Life pumps entropy at the cost of creating even more entropy elsewhere. It's a thing we do.

I like this

Arch on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goddamn, Thoma. I'm glad I'm not your DM.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Poldy your opinion is false as evidenced by these court documents.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thom.

Stop taunting the DM.

TPK no fun.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    The few scott pilgrims panels I've read, I never liked, but that's just one man's opinion.

Who is not nexus.

I cannot imagine you ever enjoying a graphic novel, Pods. Maybe that is merely my own prejudice toward your tastes!

Hachface on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    sexynexy is the best nickname.

I think he should stick with that.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thom just called the DM out. Oh shit. He's about to get smitten

Ludious on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Poldy your opinion is false as evidenced by these court documents.

well, shit. you can't fight city hall.

Hachface on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    sarks you're being ridiculous.

i'm explaining what i don't like about the comics- too full of self-indulgent references and every name drop imaginable. every few pages makes me groan, because i can imagine a 20something liberal who grew up in the late 80s going "heehee, that was cool". i don't like that, it makes it difficult for me to immerse myself in the work. i think it's lame and silly.

i haven't called anyone a pedophile or a filthy, antisocial geek. you're seriously making me sound way more hateful and judgmental than i'm actually being.

What I am saying is instead of being satisfied with saying that the comic isn't for you but you don't begrudge other people liking it you are calling the comic bad when it isn't bad, it just falls outside of your own tastes. Basically I don't see why you have to invalidate other people's tastes when all you had to do was say the comic wasn't for you. It's needlessly confrontational and it spurs arguments like these when all it could have been was "this is my personal truth" and then you could have continued to dislike the comic and I could have continued re-reading volume five and it would have been fine.

There are a lot of things I don't like but I don't call them bad, I recognize that they are good. There is a lot of music, for example, that I can't get into but I believe is technically good. There is no reason for me to call into question other people's tastes and it's not an argument I want to be responsible for starting.

am i allowed to call twilight bad?

i think there are some things wrong with the comic. its demographic is not me, but aside from that i already said i feel that the overloaded, directed references thing is lame- it's, in my opinion, lame. it's treehousey, whether it's about being a young, music loving, game playing liberal person in america or whether it's about guns and mixed martial arts. i'm not saying anyone's a dumbass for disagreeing with me.

i'm really not insulting anyone (except, i guess, the author a little bit) here, so i don't know why i'm not allowed to say what i dislike about this book. i guess because it's popular here?

Organichu on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Poldy doesn't read anything with pictures.

Point 6 font only.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if something can be good but you don't like it

then something can be bad and you do like it

so I say argue forever

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    2332948407_5331f94cb9.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Point 6 font only.

no comic sans

Arch on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    sexynexy is the best nickname.

I think he should stick with that.

say no more..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvt8iWJ0oo

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Come to think of it, I regret DMing for the people I do DM. Most of them are children, but it's the fucking adult who is always accusing me of just trying to kill them outright and cheat. Fuck you, man. I'm working hard to give you a challenging and engaging experience. Stop shitting on me! If I wanted to murder you and all the other characters they'd already be dead!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »

Who is not nexus.

no one is calling nexus brilliant

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Point 6 font only.

Single spaced.

No margins.

Author's name unpronounceable.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I don't understand how entropy is tautologic, unless ALL natural laws are also tautologies

which they may be...

Entropy occurs because the state in which there is are the most possible microstates that fulfill the macrostate is the most likely to exist. It's a matter of probability, which is to say that the state with the highest entropy is the most likely to exist. Which can be broken down to the same tautology as natural selection.

Winky on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chu just doesn't like Scott Pilgrim because it portrays a positive Palestinian character

Ludious on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

which they may be...

Entropy occurs because the state in which there is are the most possible microstates that fulfill the macrostate is the most likely to exist. It's a matter of probability, which is to say that the state with the highest entropy is the most likely to exist. Which can be broken down to the same tautology as natural selection.

Entropy is the worst tropy.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Point 6 font only.

no comic sans

A resume and cover letter came in to the office today written in Comic Sans.

It looked like a nice resume and cover letter. But I know that everyone who sees it is going to be tempted to reject it on the basis of font choice alone.

Hachface on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I tried to read Scott pilgrim and it was just awful

I literally have no idea why anyone likes it. Usually I can understand any preference, even for things I despise, and I can imagine the appeal, but I don't understand what appeal there is in SP.

Evil Multifarious on
This discussion has been closed.