As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

arrested develo[chat]

• thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    free bbq, macncheese, cornbread, breadpudding and brownies?

DONT MIND IF I DO!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I very nearly bought a boxster. For more than 9K though.

But the horrible prospect of maintenance scarred me off.

Apparently the maintenance cost per mile is pretty low for most Porches. Individual repairs can be pricier then another car but they break down much less often.

Man $150 for a dang gone oil change, I can get like four oil changes for my Civic at that price.

civic power! high five!

Casual Eddy on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    my friend has been doing stand up at open mics for maybe a week or two. may go see him tonight. I'm more interested in checking the place out though I don't think I'd have the balls to do something like that.

I've done standup twice, its hard as balls

improv is way easier for someone like me

It's hard for me to imagine a more high-pressure situation than standing in front of an audience, by yourself, for the purpose of amusing them.

Hachface on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bar/1853992760.html

I forgot they made DVD changers

haha

just put that shit on shuffle son

gonna sit here and watch some random movies

skippydumptruck on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my friend has been doing stand up at open mics for maybe a week or two. may go see him tonight. I'm more interested in checking the place out though I don't think I'd have the balls to do something like that.

having done very little improv and no stand up, I can see why that would be and I think the same would be true for me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    hehehe

I sleep with a mouthguard because I grind my teeth otherwise. In my dream tonight no one could understand what I was saying because I had the mouthguard in my mouth and I couldn't take it out.

I'm probably going to get one from the dentist.

But my main problem is that I grind my teeth during stress, so most shifts at work, I'm grinding my teeth the whole time.

Yuck

Try to remember to place the tip of your tongue (and hold it there during the stress) at the roof of your mouth, just where your top teeth meet the gums. It prevents you from grinding your teeth. Eventually, you just sort of learn to do it unconsciously all the time or at least whenever stressed. You could also just bit down on your tongue in a pinch.

LaOs on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

this is one of the few roadsters I did not test drive

I also did not test drive the miata or the mr2 spyder

I was close to pulling the trigger on one. They're pretty excellent stereotypes aside, it just wasn't really what I need at the time.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Haha holy shit, Jokerman :lol:

One day man, i'm gonna cross that line too far and ellie's gonna be done with me.

:(:(:(:(

damit are you two e-dating as well

Hahahahano. He creeps on me, and I laugh. Sometimes this is a group activity. I've noticed my threshold for creep is growing the more I hang out here. I'm not sure what to make of this.

i am clearly not doing my job

D&D : increasing people's tolerance to creepers, one leer at a time

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    let's trade some license plates!

http://albany.craigslist.org/bar/1854811049.html

Sarksus on
    edited July 2010
    this guy is trading a desk and shelf for something

but no massages

unless they have a happy ending

skippydumptruck on
    edited July 2010

having done very little improv and no stand up, I can see why that would be and I think the same would be true for me.

yeah you have your team and everything

although doing it with shitty awful improvisers is absolutely hate inspiring

Casual Eddy on
    edited July 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I was close to pulling the trigger on one. They're pretty excellent stereotypes aside, it just wasn't really what I need at the time.

some day I would like to have one and put a V8 in it

skippydumptruck on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Do you still have to babysit your queens in SC2? Or have they changed them at all?

zerg still have a new macro mechanic, as do the toss and terran

Well yes, but the zerg mechanic required considerably more babysitting than the toss or terran mechanic.

It also required considerably less thought.

Inquisitor on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Apparently the maintenance cost per mile is pretty low for most Porches. Individual repairs can be pricier then another car but they break down much less often.

Man $150 for a dang gone oil change, I can get like four oil changes for my Civic at that price.

I can change my own oil. The expensive part of that oil change is the oil since Porsche likes a lot of oil.

Thomamelas on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warhammer is fun but I dislike the fact that everyone starts in the Chaos/Empire zone now.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited July 2010

haha that would be awful

Variable on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

this is one of the few roadsters I did not test drive

I also did not test drive the miata or the mr2 spyder

I would eventually like a cheap miata to track. Always see them on the way up to Napa by Sears Point.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited July 2010
    Do you still have to babysit your queens in SC2? Or have they changed them at all?

zerg still have a new macro mechanic, as do the toss and terran

Well yes, but the zerg mechanic required considerably more babysitting than the toss or terran mechanic.

It also required considerably less thought.

you also get much more benefit

Variable on
    edited July 2010
    OH MY GOD

I AM GOING TO PUT UP A SIMILAR AD

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bar/1853714271.html

skippydumptruck on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

don't even think that

stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

whatever

if you find larry the cable guy amusing then there is something wrong with your brain

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »
    I hate playing as Terran, because there are so many different units that it makes it hard to micro.

As zerg I might have a control group for lings, one for roaches or mutas, and one for both.
    Toss will have 1,2,3,4 of zealots, stalkers, sentries, and everyone.
    Terran has marines and marauders which can't really be grouped together because of stim, hellions and/or tanks, medivacs and/or vikings, all with different movement speeds and attack prioritization.

I've lost lots of medivacs because of it, accidentally stimmed plenty of units pointlessly.

and sieged tanks that weren't yet near the battle.

Terran does seem to require more micro than you'd think.
    Maybe that's why i see a lot of M&M&M balls.

People just go "fuck it" and Attack move everything at once.

heh, yeah with an mmm ball it's pretty straightforward besides making sure to keep the medivacs back

add in superfast helions or superslow tanks and you start to have issues.

and the worst is the TvT tank/viking micro for vision. haaaaate that shit.

so usually I don't bring tanks and outnumber his vikings to death and then banshee the tanks to death. this has worked recently.

True, I've seen a lot of games where a Terran is doing the slow leapfrogging across the map, it's all going well then something moves out of position a little bit and all of a sudden there's a pile of scrap where the tanks used to be and the bioball is getting torn to shreds.

Still, i like to play Terran occasionally, it's still pretty fun.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    hehehe

I sleep with a mouthguard because I grind my teeth otherwise. In my dream tonight no one could understand what I was saying because I had the mouthguard in my mouth and I couldn't take it out.

But my main problem is that I grind my teeth during stress, so most shifts at work, I'm grinding my teeth the whole time.

Yuck

Try to remember to place the tip of your tongue (and hold it there during the stress) at the roof of your mouth, just where your top teeth meet the gums. It prevents you from grinding your teeth. Eventually, you just sort of learn to do it unconsciously all the time or at least whenever stressed. You could also just bit down on your tongue in a pinch.

oh I'll try this! thanks!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2010

I guess? That's arguable. I just prefer interesting mechanics over non-interesting ones, I guess.

Inquisitor on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZRQNCQ3tE

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited July 2010
    I hate playing as Terran, because there are so many different units that it makes it hard to micro.

As zerg I might have a control group for lings, one for roaches or mutas, and one for both.
    Toss will have 1,2,3,4 of zealots, stalkers, sentries, and everyone.
    Terran has marines and marauders which can't really be grouped together because of stim, hellions and/or tanks, medivacs and/or vikings, all with different movement speeds and attack prioritization.

I've lost lots of medivacs because of it, accidentally stimmed plenty of units pointlessly.

and sieged tanks that weren't yet near the battle.

Terran does seem to require more micro than you'd think.
    Maybe that's why i see a lot of M&M&M balls.

People just go "fuck it" and Attack move everything at once.

heh, yeah with an mmm ball it's pretty straightforward besides making sure to keep the medivacs back

add in superfast helions or superslow tanks and you start to have issues.

and the worst is the TvT tank/viking micro for vision. haaaaate that shit.

so usually I don't bring tanks and outnumber his vikings to death and then banshee the tanks to death. this has worked recently.

True, I've seen a lot of games where a Terran is doing the slow leapfrogging across the map, it's all going well then something moves out of position a little bit and all of a sudden there's a pile of scrap where the tanks used to be and the bioball is getting torn to shreds.

Still, i like to play Terran occasionally, it's still pretty fun.

haha, yeah that'll happen

it's pretty much all I've played. I want to learn some openings for the other races to try them out a bit more. I know how they work and everything but I haven't played them extensively. been only terran except in friendly games.

Variable on
    edited July 2010
    also I will wear a suit and pretend to be your boyfriend

skippydumptruck on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide whether the fact that some of the stuff that most people find funny is not funny to me, and that most of the stuff that other people don't find super funny I find extremely funny, means that I'm smarter or stupider than everyone else.

don't even think that

stop it right now, that is a bad thought and leads to you unfairly judging people

whatever

if you find larry the cable guy amusing then there is something wrong with your brain

He doesn't even tell jokes! He just rambles like a moron, saying things which are not clever and often require a fundamental misunderstanding of how the subject works in order to find funny.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited July 2010

I guess? That's arguable. I just prefer interesting mechanics over non-interesting ones, I guess.

I think it's pretty cool to be honest. I also like the creep spread mechanic.

but being able to produce 7 units simultaneously out of one structure is more beneficial than 200 or so extra minerals. or whatever the chrono boost gives you, not sure exactly what the speed increase is.

Variable on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    hehehe

Yuck

oh I'll try this! thanks!

It'll seem weird and you'll think you're looking silly doing it, but it's not a noticeable act to anyone who isn't really looking for it. And it works. My dentist suggested it because while I don't usually grind my teeth, I do sort of clench my jaw a lot (without the teeth touching) and this helps with that (to at least ensure the teeth don't touch). Eventually you'll get used to doing it all the time or whenever you may need it and it really does help.

LaOs on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

don't even think that

whatever

He doesn't even tell jokes! He just rambles like a moron, saying things which are not clever and often require a fundamental misunderstanding of how the subject works in order to find funny.

It's also an act, and he's also very intelligent and very wealthy. I give the dude props for that.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

don't even think that

whatever

MAGNETS, how the fuck do they work

Tamin on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also I will wear a suit and pretend to be your boyfriend

There are agencies for this, you know.

You would probably be able to command higher fees that way.

japan on
    edited July 2010
    oh inquisitor, I won my 4th citow game in a row at our small gathering last night. each as a different god, this time was slannesh.

khorne came in second in VP, tapeslinger was behind but rocketed up to the rest of us.

Variable on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky, you sure do make a lot of "Me Vs. Them" statements.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There is something deeply irritating about people who refuse to accept any objective or near-objective statement about art or entertainment

Evil Multifarious on
    edited July 2010
    I think it's pretty cool to be honest. I also like the creep spread mechanic.

but being able to produce 7 units simultaneously out of one structure is more beneficial than 200 or so extra minerals. or whatever the chrono boost gives you, not sure exactly what the speed increase is.

The creep mechanic is fun. It's just the spawn larva mechanic is basically "Every X seconds click a button or you are playing sub-optimally" with chrono boost there is strategy to saving it up or using it on different buildings at different times etc. With the orbital command sometimes its smart to store energy and theres different powers you can use from that energy source that are all very useful, etc.

Spawn larva is just the boring (but still good) mechanic by comparison.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2010
    There is something deeply irritating about people who refuse to accept any objective or near-objective statement about art or entertainment

?

people like different shit

what you like is probably a product of your culture and background

skippydumptruck on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky, you sure do make a lot of "Me Vs. Them" statements.

Do I?

That sounds an awful lot like something they would say.
    Seriously, though, do I?

Winky on
    edited July 2010
    oh inquisitor, I won my 4th citow game in a row at our small gathering last night. each as a different god, this time was slannesh.

khorne came in second in VP, tapeslinger was behind but rocketed up to the rest of us.

Boardgames need achievements. 4 wins in a row each as a different god should totally give you like, 25 real life points.

Good shit.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZRQNCQ3tE

ahahah

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.