As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

arrested develo[chat]

1575859606163»

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have read that Blizzard is treating the expansions like expansions so there is good support for them being priced less than a full game.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    i love will's necrocommentary when he's playing catch up.

I also like this

I typically do not catch up, myself

the curse of the moderator

there's like a big blowup back on page 80 and i have to figure out who's causing problems and then i respond to shit only to find out that some sort of accord or impasse was reached like half an hour ago.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know I am in communications!

but I am an executive!

my time is too valuable to clearly communicate about my expectations and desires!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if I'm going to pick up SC2 at launch. I mainly want it for the single player campaign at this point. I wonder if Blizzard has announced the price point for the expansions yet.

Last I heard they're selling all three at full price. The reasoning being that each is coming with a full length campaign for it's respective race.

Hm, I'll see if I can't confirm this or not. If it's true, I'll probably skip on SC2 until it becomes a bundle or otherwise drops in price.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    read my mind bitches!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    oh did yall have movie night last night

no we got together specifically for chaos

it was a tense game

I wish I were better at it

you caught on real quick, and you will get better through the countless games we will play whether you like it or not.

countless.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

I also like this

there's like a big blowup back on page 80 and i have to figure out who's causing problems and then i respond to shit only to find out that some sort of accord or impasse was reached like half an hour ago.

Did someone report that argument.

That was like the most civil argument we've had in days.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Why are you surprised?

This is like the least evil thing an MMO developer has done.

I don't know. I like to still think of Blizzard as a company I like for some reason.

I'm completely fine with them using WoW as a money printing press so they can keep doing great things. Battle.net probably wouldn't still be around if it weren't for WoW. It really gives them a lot of safety to do big and great things with there other IP. D3 is gonna be awesome.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Why did you pick one of the older posts where we still disagreed and not one of the newer ones where our disagreements were less. Like one of the ones where I say what you just said.

obviously i wanted to reach back to those "sarks is saying something stupid days" rather than deal with the gritty modern reality of "sarks has recanted his overwrought stupid position"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    I play a Gnome Sorcerer in my tabletop game.

Not only that, one with a +13 to Intimidate.

whether or not this is impressive depends entirely on your level

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I also like this

right. its more like, burst in, misinterpret some things wildly out of their original context and then post a bunch of garbage no one looks at.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    desc wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I reviewed a contract from a vendor, made some edits and noted some questions

sent it to my boss

she replies I agree with your edits

WHAT ABOUT MY QUESTIONS GOD

Ahahaha.

There is an accident management company we contract with that has lately developed the annoying habit, when asked awkward questions, of answering a completely different question instead.

My boss is an expert at receiving emails from me like: "Hi blah blah is it okay if I take off 3 days this week or would that be a problem?"

Her reply, one word only: "Yes"

Yes it's okay or yes it's a problem?! Arrrghghghghghghg

This is more like "This invoice appears to exceed your contracted authority limits, why wasn't it referred here before it was authorised?"

Answer: "We have checked with our engineers, the problem is the layout of the invoice, the figures are correct."

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    (during that whole argument I was screaming in my head ORGANICHU IS SUCH A JERK WHY DOESN'T HE UNDERSTAND MEE and then I printed out a picture of him and threw it in the cat's litter box)

Sarksus on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

but I am an executive!

my time is too valuable to clearly communicate about my expectations and desires!

Skippy an executive? You have keys to the big boy washroom? Are you Deputy Director of Postin' on the Nets? Vice President of Chronic Development?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I'm completely fine with them using WoW as a money printing press so they can keep doing great things. Battle.net probably wouldn't still be around if it weren't for WoW. It really gives them a lot of safety to do big and great things with there other IP. D3 is gonna be awesome.

We will see. I'm nervous about who is holding the reigns after the RealID Fiasco.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Why are you surprised?

This is like the least evil thing an MMO developer has done.

I don't know. I like to still think of Blizzard as a company I like for some reason.

They've pretty much turned into one I don't.

It's sad, really.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

I also like this

we just do that to make your life difficult.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010

but I am an executive!

Skippy an executive? You have keys to the big boy washroom? Are you Deputy Director of Postin' on the Nets? Vice President of Chronic Development?

oh no not me

I am pretending to be my boss here

all like dur dur

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    someone make a new chat

make sure it panders to nerds

like a lot

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.