As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Honestly, at least this is paired with practice games coming back online. So we can get back to our in-houses.

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fellhand wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    why not?

why can't it look a player's leaves?

well, just because a person has a leave doesn't mean they will leave in this particular game. you never know how a person will act in that game unless they have like a ridiculous amount of leaves. it is all dependent on what happens during the game. what would they do if they calculated a person's leave chance was high? pair him with other leavers?

If someone has leaves they should just get thrown into a sort of 'bitch queue' with other players that have accumulated leaves. It wouldn't be hard to query the frequency that a player is leaving matchs and if they frequently or are on a streak of leaving then they get screwed accordingly. Not being able to play ranked games until 30 only hurts people that don't have a ton of time to play.

but this comes with problems. what about technical leaves? i have lost power, bluescreened, overheated, i've done it ALL in the middle of a game. i have a couple leaves on my record from this shit. so now i get to be in the bitch queue because my computer is a bitch?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    I think they should probably revisit their rating algorithm, as you should be able to increase rank even in loss, since if you go 20/1/4 and your team is filled with mouthbreathers, it should still take that into account.

This will definitely not encourage everyone to play a carry and completely screw their team at every opportunity, as long as it helps their K-D ratio.

Nope, definitely not.

It wouldn't be the only factor, but you have to admit that there are times when you have no reason to try because your team is utterly terrible. I was in a game last night that was 12 to 50 kills last night. I knew we would lose 15 minutes in. If I take the same hit leaving vs. staying and trying, why the fuck wouldn't I leave?
    If you have some level of bonus for staying/being the best on your team (and you could factor in minion kills and tower takedowns too), you'll stay for your own sake, and there's a reason for others to stay too.

schuss on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why not?

well, just because a person has a leave doesn't mean they will leave in this particular game. you never know how a person will act in that game unless they have like a ridiculous amount of leaves. it is all dependent on what happens during the game. what would they do if they calculated a person's leave chance was high? pair him with other leavers?

If someone has leaves they should just get thrown into a sort of 'bitch queue' with other players that have accumulated leaves. It wouldn't be hard to query the frequency that a player is leaving matchs and if they frequently or are on a streak of leaving then they get screwed accordingly. Not being able to play ranked games until 30 only hurts people that don't have a ton of time to play.

but this comes with problems. what about technical leaves? i have lost power, bluescreened, overheated, i've done it ALL in the middle of a game. i have a couple leaves on my record from this shit. so now i get to be in the bitch queue because my computer is a bitch?

Yeah because if you have an issue that you are not correcting (house has bad power, PC sucks, playing on dial-up) then you should be punished but not the rest of us. When someone leaves it outright fucks four other people.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    there may be just as many bad lvl 30 players as bad < lvl 30 players. but why not have some sort of rite of passage to play ranked? or have a 20-29 bracket.

it's not like they can't play normal games in the mean time.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why not?

Actually, it would be dead easy to implement a ranked-only, day-long ban for leaving a ranked game. Then put them on probation for a day, which would result in harsher penalties. This would continue incrementing until they are basically banned from ranked play. I think that would probably be the best solution. Isolated ISP outages would simply result in not playing ranked for 24 hours. Which, an honest ISP outage would probably result in roughly that anyway.

I mean, hell, they already have the code to do this with Riftwalk.

I don't think that the leave rate and the loss rate of the low level players are independent data sets. In fact, I would argue that they are probably highly correlated. I think fixing the leavers would also bring the win ratios closer.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CLONE NO LONGER STACKS ALL ITEM EFFECTS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Fixed a bug where Hallucinate clones would proc on-hit effects an extra time
    I'm pretty sure your wrong! It still proc's all on hit effects, it just doesn't do it more then it should now.

Actually reading this it can be interpreted both ways. The "extra time" could be referring to if my character procs the on hit effect and the clone procs an "extra" one, thereby removing the clones procs. The extra could also be referring to the fact that the clone would proc twice when it was only supposed to proc once.

So is my clone's first proc considered extra? Thats the real question.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    ArmLionArmLion Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I finally found someone who was worse than me in my lane... a pretty exciting development for me. An Ashe player who would just stand there and take both hits of Sivir's boomerang and didn't seem to know that their stun arrow sucks at close range. Unfortunately it appeared that I was also the best or second best person on our team, which meant we got crushed. Badly.

I've also determined I don't like Ashe very much, but Sivir is pretty fun. Ashe seems a little too simple even for a n00b like me... the only thing where me getting better will be noticed will be with the stun arrow, whereas Sivir has both the boomerang and shield to learn how to finesse.

ArmLion on
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Shaco deals massive amounts of damage and has a completely overpowered escape ability (blink + stealth), so ban.

One hero I was surprised to see banned quite so often was Taric. Seen him banned more often than Heimer and the new guy.

He has a 2 second stun with one rank in the ability, really good healing ability, and buffs armor for himself and his team (screws over physical damage dealers greatly). I'd ban him over Soraka any day.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why not?

They should just lower the amount of experience it takes to get to 30, by a lot in my opinion. As it stands it takes a ridiculous amount of time to reach 30.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Levelling is boring as fuck and generally a bad idea for what is supposed to be a competitive game.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Levelling is boring as fuck and generally a bad idea for what is supposed to be a competitive game.

It's basically a forced tutorial.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why not?

Yeah because if you have an issue that you are not correcting (house has bad power, PC sucks, playing on dial-up) then you should be punished but not the rest of us. When someone leaves it outright fucks four other people.

i should be punished because of a thunderstorm?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I don't see how leveling is any different than not leveling. Either way, I'm just playing the game. Am I less bored when I'm not getting xp than when I was?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    I think they should probably revisit their rating algorithm, as you should be able to increase rank even in loss, since if you go 20/1/4 and your team is filled with mouthbreathers, it should still take that into account.

This will definitely not encourage everyone to play a carry and completely screw their team at every opportunity, as long as it helps their K-D ratio.

Nope, definitely not.

It wouldn't be the only factor, but you have to admit that there are times when you have no reason to try because your team is utterly terrible. I was in a game last night that was 12 to 50 kills last night. I knew we would lose 15 minutes in. If I take the same hit leaving vs. staying and trying, why the fuck wouldn't I leave?
    If you have some level of bonus for staying/being the best on your team (and you could factor in minion kills and tower takedowns too), you'll stay for your own sake, and there's a reason for others to stay too.

I have nothing to say other than this: Any system that encourages stat-whoring and last-hitting is going to be extremely bad for this game at a team level. If you think solo queue is bad now, just wait until last-hit hero killing is persistently rewarded. (ELO is forever; extra gold gain is only for that game.)

Here's an example of how even your expanded system is broken: What about Soraka players? They would be massively punished, because she generally has zero killing power for minions, heroes, or towers. So now you add in health healed.

OK, well what about Shen? His main purpose is to actually get attacked. So add damage taken as a stat?

The point is that this game is more complicated than a bunch of isolated stats can describe. Team composition and interaction are so important in this game, and that's simply not something you can quantify with individual per-champion statistics.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So what's the deal with bans? Is this something that happens in ranked play? What's the scope of the bans and who decides what characters are banned?

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why not?

Yes.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »
    why not?

They should just lower the amount of experience it takes to get to 30, by a lot in my opinion. As it stands it takes a ridiculous amount of time to reach 30.

I got to 30 in under 2 months.

Not that hard/long.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why not?

Yes.

Just think of it this way, you lost to the other team's Kennen.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why not?

This is why an escalating punishment system is exactly what is needed. A single off-chance occurrence such as a storm knocking out power or an ISP outage will be lightly punished, then life goes on. But repeat offenders, such as those playing with known instabilities (in connection, hardware, or software) or serial rage quitters, will be massively punished.

jdmichal on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CLONE NO LONGER STACKS ALL ITEM EFFECTS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Fixed a bug where Hallucinate clones would proc on-hit effects an extra time
    I'm pretty sure your wrong! It still proc's all on hit effects, it just doesn't do it more then it should now.

There was another patch that changed the clones effects as well, less recent. I was digging for it but don't really have the time as I'm at work. You definitely cannot solo baron like that anymore, Erin played shaco a lot and would solo baron all the time until they changed it. Practice games are back, so it is pretty easy to check, if I'm wrong post back and let me know :)

Edit: Was wrong about another nerf, that is indeed the nerf. Still can't solo baron like he could before it though.

Nisi on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    why not?

Life sucks - Shit happens - And if your computer is crapping out on a daily basis, it's most likely time to get a new computer or fix it's problems. Not to sound heartless, but a business cannot cater to every single person on the planet perfectly. Some people just have to suck it up, even when god (thunderstorms.) says it's time to take a break.

With that said - I approve of what they have now. I would not like to see a 24 hour ban.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    What wrote: »
    Only level 30s can do ranked now, welp.

that is retarded.

No, it's not. They have very solid data to back up the following facts:

- Players who are not level 30 are far more likely to leave games.
    - Players who are not level 30 are far more likely to lose games.

Given those facts, it's better for the general player population to limit the ranked games to those who are level 30 and up. You won't get placed with non-30s and your overall experience with the solo ranked queue will improve accordingly.

Ya'll should read the original post by Riot explaining the decision before complaining about it:
    In response to customer feedback regarding the ranked games we have decided that summoners must reach level 30 in order to be able to participate in ranked play. While we understand that this will spell disappointment for some, we believe that it is important to ensure that the playing field is level before players do battle in a ladder setting. We made this decision in response to our initial data from ranked play, which has shown that players below level 30 leave up to 4.2% of games while level 30 players leave around 1.1% of games. Additionally, players below summoner level 30 trend towards win rates as low as 35.2%, whereas summoners of level 30 currently have an average win rate of 52%. We have also shown that overall player quality improves drastically as summoners level up to 30. We've attached a few graphs to help illustrate the point.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=43920&d=1279678401

The only folks it negatively effects are the decent sub-30s who are excluded. But at least they can look forward to a better experience in solo queue once they actually hit 30.

It weirds me out how steady and clear of a pattern those graphs define. Like, if it was based around skill, something a little more stable, I'd be somewhat okay with it.

But level? I mean, there's such a clear difference between a level 21 and a level 22, yet it's like a 10 game difference between them. 10 more games and you're measurably less of a dick? And 10 more, even less dick. It's just strange.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    why not?

Life sucks - Shit happens - And if your computer is crapping out on a daily basis, it's most likely time to get a new computer or fix it's problems. Not to sound heartless, but a business cannot cater to every single person on the planet perfectly. Some people just have to suck it up, even when god (thunderstorms.) says it's time to take a break.

With that said - I approve of what they have now. I would not like to see a 24 hour ban.

my computer isn't really a problem, i have left two or three games from technical problems out of the shittons i've played - i was mostly just arguing about his idea that as soon as a person gets a leave they would be thrown into a completely separate queue for people who have leaves.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So... is Karthus really OP or did I finally find a character I do well with?

I maintain quite good kill/death ratios (my games have been 8:5:1, 17:11:13, 9:4:11, 6:3:8, and 13:6:13). All but one of those is positive kill/death, and most have more kills than I get per game with other chars.

But then I thought, kills don't measure skill if you're letting your team lose. But so far, I've been 4:2 wins/losses with him.

So then I thought, maybe I don't contribute to team-fights. But I think that I do a ton of useful stuff in team fights, from the crazy aoe damage to the snaring wall.

And naturally, I'm quite a good creep killer.

So now I'm wondering whether I can get excited, pat myself on the back, and get ready to spend 6300 IP, or if I'm just playing a cheap OP character (and if so, why do I see so few of them)?

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »

that is retarded.

Given those facts, it's better for the general player population to limit the ranked games to those who are level 30 and up. You won't get placed with non-30s and your overall experience with the solo ranked queue will improve accordingly.

Ya'll should read the original post by Riot explaining the decision before complaining about it:
    In response to customer feedback regarding the ranked games we have decided that summoners must reach level 30 in order to be able to participate in ranked play. While we understand that this will spell disappointment for some, we believe that it is important to ensure that the playing field is level before players do battle in a ladder setting. We made this decision in response to our initial data from ranked play, which has shown that players below level 30 leave up to 4.2% of games while level 30 players leave around 1.1% of games. Additionally, players below summoner level 30 trend towards win rates as low as 35.2%, whereas summoners of level 30 currently have an average win rate of 52%. We have also shown that overall player quality improves drastically as summoners level up to 30. We've attached a few graphs to help illustrate the point.

The only folks it negatively effects are the decent sub-30s who are excluded. But at least they can look forward to a better experience in solo queue once they actually hit 30.

It weirds me out how steady and clear of a pattern those graphs define. Like, if it was based around skill, something a little more stable, I'd be somewhat okay with it.

But level? I mean, there's such a clear difference between a level 21 and a level 22, yet it's like a 10 game difference between them. 10 more games and you're measurably less of a dick? And 10 more, even less dick. It's just strange.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. They probably aren't sanitizing their dataset properly. Probably just a simple "out of x games played, level 30's won y amount of time", instead of "of x games that contained level 30's, level 30's won y amount of time". This may not seem important, but given that the population of ranked players is probably a lot higher for 30 than it is for the 20's, it could definitely skew the stats.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    karthus isn't too much of a cheap OP character, but it depends on where most of your kills are coming from. are you mostly sniping people with your ult? just hitting E and then walking next to someone til they die? or are you hitting every single Lay Waste on target straight into a first blood mid?

the kind of karthus that takes boots first just so he can chase people down with his Q!

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    there isn't really a repercussion for leaving

i think that's the main problem

yeah, it sucks if you have a shitty isp (like me) or have a dog with a power cord fetish (like me)

but most leaves are ragequits

so there should be some sort of severe punishment to basically dooming the 4 other players to a shit game just because you got stomped by a twitch or something

at least, i think so

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why not?

my computer isn't really a problem, i have left two or three games from technical problems out of the shittons i've played - i was mostly just arguing about his idea that as soon as a person gets a leave they would be thrown into a completely separate queue for people who have leaves.

It doesn't have to be a just two queues. It could be further broken down and expanded. If you've left 3 games out of say 96 or you'd be at 3.1% for leaving. I think anything under 5% is acceptable for normal play, but anything more than 0 is annoying.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Karthus is definitely not OP.

If you like him, play him!

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    So what's the deal with bans? Is this something that happens in ranked play? What's the scope of the bans and who decides what characters are banned?

I don't think anyone has answered this question for you yet.

Bans/draft only happen in ranked play. What happens is that one person is anointed the captain (either the player who invited if its premade or random for solo queue). Then the captain (say from team A) gets the choice of one champ to ban (i.e. no one allowed to play that champ for this game on either team), then the B team captain gets the choice of 2 other champs to ban, the A team captain then gets to choose one final champ to ban. Then the draft begins. Team B gets to choose 1 champ to play, then team A gets to choose 2 champs to play, and then back and forth (choosing 2 at a time) till obviously 1 guy on the team A gets to choose his champ to play. Also, by choosing a champ to play, the other team can't choose that champ to play.

Sorry for the huge paragraph, but I think its pretty straightforward.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cognisseur wrote: »

that is retarded.

I think it's pretty clear that having more experience directly correlates to better behavior (less leaves) and better performance (more wins). Levels correspond to experience. Hence, the trend measured in the graph.

Riot is basically just saying that you really should have X experience with the game in order to play in ranked system, and they've got the data to back up that X experience correlates with a better experience for everyone.

Melkster on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so if I can talk about playing Karthus without shame, can anyone lend me some summoner spell / item-list advice? I've tried reading a few guides but I can't find much consensus and none of them seem very knowledgeable.

I've been taking Clarity/Ghost for now. I think now that I'm getting a bit better with mana usage I can lay off Clarity since it loses usefulness late game. I figure I should take Teleport and... ? Should I stay with Ghost or go with Flash? I feel like Flash often isn't enough distance to get out of trouble.

Gear is my real question. Some people seem to go for Rod of Ages asap, others do Tear of Goddess then Rod of Ages, others do Tear of Goddess into Archangel staff. I'm sure there are other ideas too. And should I take merc boots or sorcerer? Every team has some form of CC, and it's usually aimed at me, so Mercs?

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mercs basically always unless the team has like, one disable. personally i'd go with rod of ages first on karthus if you are Defiling people a lot. getting in their face with your E toggled on can be painful. ghost/clarity sounds good, i know karthus' like ghost so they can keep up with their Qs and E.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PolarBearPolarBear Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm getting a team to do ranked 5v5 and 3v3 pretty much everynight if we have takers. Anytime after 6pm PST (9pm EST) I should be up and around ready to rock. Just give me a whisper or a shakedown on steam if you're interested. Be ready for srs business.

Are you in the pennyarcade channel? I shouldn't be playing late at night, but I always seem to. Lots of times when I look at the people in the channel though it has all newer players (from like summoner level 6 to 16)

PolarBear on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    so I played rammus last night and he's lots and lots of fun.

I don't really play many tanks (besides singed, but I got sick of playing him all the time) so this will be quite a change.

Anyone have any recommendations towards builds?

So far I have this:

1. Doran's Butt (shield)
    2. Ninja Tabai
    3. Heart of Gold
    4. Thornmail
    5. Randuin's/Aegis?
    6. Frozen Heart

After that, if there's even a chance to get more, I'll go for Guardian or Force of Nature.

For his abilities, priority goes like W>E>R>Q? I tend to put a point in Q or E first, then max out W and E, then finish up Q.

Instead of rushing to Thornmail/Randuin, just stack triple hearts of gold. It'll give you a decent amount of income as well as health and armor. Then from there build what the other team has. Physical? THornmail/Sunfire. Magical? Banshees/Force O nature.

And don't forget to build your boots based on what the enemy team is. Which most of the time means Merc Treads.

Jesus christ, slice. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    how soal plays karthus:

9/0/21 build focusing on abiltity power/penetration in offense and cooldown reduction/mana regen/whatnot in utility

start with mana crystal and health potion

skill priority is

R > Q > E > W (but make sure to grab one rank of W before 6)

insist you take middle and farm the tits off it, your first bounce back to store should bring you close to archangels staff or a tear of goddess + Mejai's Soulstealer. Try to Q the enemy champ any chance you get. Sometimes they are really dumb and get fed up and try to go for you, if that happens just wall them, activate E and start mashing the Q key like a madman until they die. You do stupid amounts of damage to dumbs that stand inside your E and eat your Qs

As soon as you are level 6 start looking for possible kills with your ultimate, communicate with your team and try to set stuff up. Is that teemo at 50%? tell them to hit him with a few shots to drop him to sub 200hp and ult the stupid yordle

At this point you are snowballing, grab mercs treads (sorc boots if you are feeling confident) and finish that archangels. Next up I usually grab void staff and then either zhonyas or rylais (if I need to not die).

and then basically just roam around bombing people and pushing lanes with your E and Q, ultimating whenever it looks like you'll kill someone

e: my runes are

red magic pen
    yellow mana regen per level (they are really cheap and combined with utility spec give you a dumb amount of mana regen)
    blue cooldown reduction
    quint health

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The boots choice is fairly easy. If you are getting killed before you can do anything because of stuns/silence/whatever merc treads sounds right. If you are still, post boots, getting killed before you can do anything maybe wait for other people to commit before running in. If the other team is silly enough to pretend you don't exist and you are just stacking up kills than go for Sorc boots for even more killings.

RoA is a solid first item because it helps every part of Karthus. More HP for being a dick with Defile, more mana and AP to keep up your nonsense, and it continues to get better for an appreciable portion of the game.

Building towards roa, archangels, boots2, maybe a void staff or abyssal if MR is a thing you want/want to get rid of are all good ideas and can be done in fairly small chunks.

I've only played a handful of games as him though, so someone with more concrete experience might have a much better way of doing things.

Drijen on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Slicer wrote: »
    so I played rammus last night and he's lots and lots of fun.

I don't really play many tanks (besides singed, but I got sick of playing him all the time) so this will be quite a change.

Anyone have any recommendations towards builds?

So far I have this:

1. Doran's Butt (shield)
    2. Ninja Tabai
    3. Heart of Gold
    4. Thornmail
    5. Randuin's/Aegis?
    6. Frozen Heart

After that, if there's even a chance to get more, I'll go for Guardian or Force of Nature.

For his abilities, priority goes like W>E>R>Q? I tend to put a point in Q or E first, then max out W and E, then finish up Q.

Instead of rushing to Thornmail/Randuin, just stack triple hearts of gold. It'll give you a decent amount of income as well as health and armor. Then from there build what the other team has. Physical? THornmail/Sunfire. Magical? Banshees/Force O nature.

And don't forget to build your boots based on what the enemy team is. Which most of the time means Merc Treads.

Jesus christ, slice. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

It's for tanking! Tanks build almost everything based on what the other team is :P

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    e: my runes are

red magic pen
    yellow mana regen per level (they are really cheap and combined with utility spec give you a dumb amount of mana regen)
    blue cooldown reduction
    quint health

hi5 soal for same runesies

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png