As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys, I'll be scouting locations/planning routes for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament this week. This involves lots of walking around Capitol Hill. Anyone would wants to come along for exercise or lols is welcome. I'm thinking Nomad should totally come along.

Send me a PM or text if you're interested. Scheduling is flexible.

Nomad is interested. Nomad will totally come along.

Nomad will refer to herself in the third person.

I have some vague knowledge of the Capitol Hill area (you know, from living there), for whatever that's worth.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    RettoRetto Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Apparently the newer SC2 beta client is out there and some people are reporting to be able to connect to it already. So seems the beta is back for another round.

Retto on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Retto wrote: »
    Apparently the newer SC2 beta client is out there and some people are reporting to be able to connect to it already. So seems the beta is back for another round.

Yes, blizzard has said they are going to be doing a release candidate test sometime late june/early july.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys, I'll be scouting locations/planning routes for the Triwizard Drinking Tournament this week. This involves lots of walking around Capitol Hill. Anyone would wants to come along for exercise or lols is welcome. I'm thinking Nomad should totally come along.

beta is also interested. beta would like to totally try to come along.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Cronus is also interested.

I also live on the hill, so I have some knowledge about local bars. Last years tournament did entirely consist of bars I've been too on several occasions in the past, but it'd be cool to check out some different places.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not going to be in Seattle yet, but if you're going to be going on a second run after the 19th, I'd love to join. :)

Heleor on
  • Options
    TizzleFizzleTizzleFizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DAMN IT BIGRED, I get all excited because i noticed you didn't mention anything about 21+ and then you lay this on me? ffs I just got back from the Formula D afterparty where they're doing blow in the corner of the room and you won't allow me to hang with you because a couple of people will be drinking alcohol in a controlled responsible enviroment?

thats cold...

TizzleFizzle on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would maybe be fodder for the SC2 event. I'm unlikely to be more than that though.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would maybe be fodder for the SC2 event. I'm unlikely to be more than that though.

well at least you'll get a delicious breakfast :D

(and don't worry, i'm pretty sure i'm also just gonna get steamrolled :P but it'll be fun i'm sure)

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nomad, beta_angel, Oz, Cronus: How does Tuesday evening look? I still need to hit a few places and it'll be great to get other people's perspective on distance and how hard the walk is. I might be biased since I've been hitting the cardio somewhat regularly recently. =P

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nomad, beta_angel, Oz, Cronus: How does Tuesday evening look? I still need to hit a few places and it'll be great to get other people's perspective on distance and how hard the walk is. I might be biased since I've been hitting the cardio somewhat regularly recently. =P

I can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays. Fri/Sat is best, except for this Fri i have to work

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Does that mean you are in? :P
    You arent that bad at sc2, you did ok at the beta.

BigRed on
  • Options
    PARAGASPARAGAS Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm interested in the SC2 LAN but have no idea how these things work and I only know a few people from this thread. Also if I can attend, I might need to borrow a PC for it because my poor laptop can't handle the game and haven't gotten around to building any kind of gaming PC. I will have a copy of the game though.

PARAGAS on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have spare machines but I usually dont open those up until the weekend before the event to local people without computers.

The people traveling from out of state get first dibs, but since not that many people are coming I might have one extra, we shall see closer to the Lan.

BigRed on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was trying to make the SC2 lan, I really was, but there's no way my gaming box will be up to snuff until mid-August, and I'm not going to fight with Wine to get it running under Linux again.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Does that mean you are in? :P
    Sure, I'm in. Just have to remember to pick up SC2, but the LAN is at a pretty good weekend for me.
    How does Tuesday evening look?
    Tuesday (today, yes?) is unfortunately out for me. Thursday would work.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PARAGAS wrote: »
    I'm interested in the--

PARAGAS!!!

Just thought I would shout your name as though I know you. *Bump* Where ya been?

Also, for anyone who's unaware of HD and Husky, I'd recommend either of their YouTube channels for some interesting commentated SC2 matches.

Twinkie on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Twinkie wrote: »
    I'm interested in the--

PARAGAS!!!

Just thought I would shout your name as though I know you. *Bump* Where ya been?

Also, for anyone who's unaware of HD and Husky, I'd recommend either of their YouTube channels for some interesting commentated SC2 matches.

Then, when you want to actually learn something, check out Day[9].

Houn on
  • Options
    PARAGASPARAGAS Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Twinkie wrote: »
    I'm interested in the--

PARAGAS!!!

I've been around, mostly working. You should come out to Shultzy's Trivia more often if you want to find me.

Also can I be put on a wait list for a spare PC for the SC2 LAN? Might as well commit to this if I really want to play. Since it'll be my first LAN if I can participate, what should I expect? I'll only know Snickers at this thing.

PARAGAS on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays. Fri/Sat is best, except for this Fri i have to work

I can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays either. Well, not until 11 either night. Friday night and Saturday work great for me too.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LOL. Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually right out for me too, but...oddly enough, Friday and Saturday should be ok.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    otaku1412otaku1412 Googler Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys. I plan on hosting a big party at my house in Snohomish on July 17th starting at around noon. It's on a 5-acre property and here's what's available:

-BBQ
    -Bonfire
    -Fireworks (bring some of your own if you'd like)
    -Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic)
    -Big tv for gaming
    -Music

There will be a 5 dollar entry fee so we can break even on the keg that we have. All I ask is to respect the house and the people in the party.

The address is:

15831 234th St. SE
    Snohomish, WA

otaku1412 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If it's next week or later, I'd love to join you guys. I'm gonna be in Seattle starting on Monday!

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    LUNCHTIME!!!

I need to meet up with MasterHelios and some other MMT people to go over the tour and so everyone can meet, anyone else want to join in??? Anyone who has expressed interest in helping with the tour should be there, and it would be nice if anyone who will be going on the tour could make it as well.

We'll be meeting at the Gameworks restaurant (I know, I know....) next Saturday the 24th around noon. We might hang out at Gameworks for awhile afterward, or head somewhere else.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    otaku1412 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I plan on hosting a big party at my house in Snohomish on July 17th starting at around noon. It's on a 5-acre property and here's what's available:

-BBQ
    -Bonfire
    -Fireworks (bring some of your own if you'd like)
    -Drinks (Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic)
    -Big tv for gaming
    -Music

There will be a 5 dollar entry fee so we can break even on the keg that we have. All I ask is to respect the house and the people in the party.

The address is:

15831 234th St. SE
    Snohomish, WA

FYI: anybody whos going to this, DONT use google maps for directions

Just take the echo lake exit off of 522, turn right on echo lake and theres signs that point you where to go, they have a #E and an arrow on them.

BigRed on
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will definitely be down for a LAN next year once I have built a gaming machine.

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I will definitely be down for a LAN next year once I have built a gaming machine.

Next year?! Thats crazy talk. BYOC is in less than 2 months. How can you miss the best LAN?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't have any money to build a PC. All I have is my crappy laptop. So... next year. *sigh*

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    gerfiglmacgerfiglmac Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't have any money to build a PC. All I have is my crappy laptop. So... next year. *sigh*

I feel you brother. I'm in the same position.

gerfiglmac on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Anyway starcarft 2 LAN next weekend :)

I am also doing this for another devious purpose! at the LAN I am collecting hard bandwidth data to see how much this game noms to see how viaable a starcraft 2 tourney will be at PAX (since the battle.net bandwidth is the largest concern right now).

The game is out on the 27th, im attending the midnight launch at gamestop at northgate mall. If you want to join me pre-order now :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    TizzleFizzleTizzleFizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I am also doing this for another devious purpose! at the LAN I am collecting hard bandwidth data to see how much this game noms to see how viaable a starcraft 2 tourney will be at PAX (since the battle.net bandwidth is the largest concern right now).

The game is out on the 27th, im attending the midnight launch at gamestop at northgate mall. If you want to join me pre-order now :)

oooooh, i may see you there at gamestop then

TizzleFizzle on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Or you are just data mining. IM ON TO YOU!

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    OH SHIT MY DATAS

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Isnt it part of the EULA that all types of "tournaments" must be run thru blizzard. I'd think contacting them would be the first step and seeing what they can offer. I mean its kinda the whole point of the battle.net access anyways.

Retto on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Isnt it part of the EULA that all types of "tournaments" must be run thru blizzard. I'd think contacting them would be the first step and seeing what they can offer. I mean its kinda the whole point of the battle.net access anyways.

We are doing that as well.

But thats also for blizzard sanctioned/sponsored tournaments as well (which often are for like cash prizes). PAX is tournaments for fun. But failing that we still need bandwidth numbers.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    LUNCHTIME!!!

I need to meet up with MasterHelios and some other MMT people to go over the tour and so everyone can meet, anyone else want to join in??? Anyone who has expressed interest in helping with the tour should be there, and it would be nice if anyone who will be going on the tour could make it as well.

We'll be meeting at the Gameworks restaurant (I know, I know....) next Saturday the 24th around noon. We might hang out at Gameworks for awhile afterward, or head somewhere else.

I'd love to join you guys. When are you planning to head out?

Heleor on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ZERG RUSH BANDWIDTH

Also damnit BigRed... I am considering picking up SC2 and actually going. Unfortunately it will have to be a last minute decision. Kinda getting paid next thursday.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited July 2010

We are doing that as well.

But thats also for blizzard sanctioned/sponsored tournaments as well (which often are for like cash prizes). PAX is tournaments for fun. But failing that we still need bandwidth numbers.

Frankly i couldnt imagine them not jumping on the idea of helping you do something at pax. I mean its only the biggest event in seattle/northwest. Here to hoping they do lol.

Retto on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Lunch at Gameworks tomorrow at NOON for anyone nearby who is interested in joining up! This will be a MMT planning lunch, but that'll probably last about 15 minutes, then it'll just be a regular ol' PARTY! We'll be meeting outside the Gameworks restaurant on the second floor (the real restaurant, not the bar area) at NOON!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    How will the newbies know who you peeps are? Should I bring a sign that says "Hi, I'm Heleor?" :P

Heleor on
This discussion has been closed.