As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    Shrieve wrote: »
    FightTest wrote: »
    First they steal WoW's design for their interface and now they steal Kael'thas.

I wish they stole the vampire blood mechanic I put up on a couple forums instead of just doing burn your own hp mechanic that they've already used before. I even posted it on one of the non-official forums run by a few of the developers.

Seems like he'll be fun though.

I'm assuming you suggested using blood similar to the way Morde uses his shield. Dealing damage / using a leech ability gains blood, using abilities loses it. That would have been much more interesting I think.

Yeah pretty close.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

edit.. also limeade is a fantastic drink. Superior to lemonade. I don't know why people are so into lemonade when you can just get limeade instead.

is it just me

or is pink lemonade just the best thing ever

why does it taste so much better than regular lemonade?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    blood of the innocents.

TyrantCow on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

edit.. also limeade is a fantastic drink. Superior to lemonade. I don't know why people are so into lemonade when you can just get limeade instead.

is it just me

i hate pink lemodade. also, regular lemonade isn't salty enough. i'm a man, though, so i drink tea! 8-)

Feldorn on
    edited July 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »

is it just me

i hate pink lemodade. also, regular lemonade isn't salty enough. i'm a man, though, so i drink tea! 8-)

tea is pretty great

i don't know how you can hate pink lemonade, though

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i just don't like the stuff i've had. lemonade > pink lemonade.

however taric < pink taric.

Feldorn on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »

is it just me

tea is pretty great

i don't know how you can hate pink lemonade, though

It tastes better because it doesn't look like piss.

And you hate tea!?!?! Fail. Just drink arnold palmers. They're awesome.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ranked game

Alistar and Sion banned

wtf

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i told you about those alistairs bro

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Sweet Mundo and Hella Jax (Twisted Treeline stories)

Dac Vin on
  • JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I'm liking Akali, but she's so much work!

My Actions per minute must be huuuge.

It makes games where we surrender after 25 minutes super frustrating. I work super hard to get beefy mid-late game...usually with a decent KDR. For nothing.

Also frustrating is when they quit after 25 minutes.

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
  • JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    Number one biggest pet peeve about this game:

People who go out of their way to kill someone who has the Zilean ult on him.

Especially when I call it out on vent over and over.

Especially when they do it and get killed doing it.

So I know that a clock shows up above them at first, but does it go away after awhile? How long does it last? I dunno how many times i've been like "clock's gone! Killlll" And then he/she just revives. Is there a surefire way to know when it has worn out?

Sorry, I might be one of your pet peevers, but I'm trying to get better! Honest!

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I WARNED YOU MAN

PiptheFair on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vampire looks awesome.

Also, did today's patch change anything character-wise?

programjunkie on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vampire looks like the opposite of awesome. He reminds me of the fact that inevitably, we're going to have too many shit balanced champs for a banlist to deal with.

Especially at the rate Riot is cranking them out lately.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited July 2010
    had a horrible game against soraka earlier, we eventually pulled it out but they were team long ranged harassment bullshit + fucking soraka while we were team initiator support tank with almost no damage

us: singed, blitzcrank, taric, kayle, and jax

vs.

them: soraka, blitzcrank, sivir, nidalee, kog'maw

it was spears and spit and arms and boomerangs EVERYWHERE. half the game was spent NOT focusing soraka, then we finally started and it was picking up except we still couldn't kill her because taric seemed to not want to stun her. finally i (as singed) got EXECUTIONER'S CALLING!!! i had no fucking clue it was a targeted thing now. i knew they changed it from passive to active, but what the fuck? i can't activate it so my attacks will reduce healing for the next 5 seconds? one teamfight we chased soraka around their jungle for about two laps before we got her.

17-5-12 singed erryday

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Number one biggest pet peeve about this game:

People who go out of their way to kill someone who has the Zilean ult on him.

Especially when I call it out on vent over and over.

Especially when they do it and get killed doing it.

So I know that a clock shows up above them at first, but does it go away after awhile? How long does it last? I dunno how many times i've been like "clock's gone! Killlll" And then he/she just revives. Is there a surefire way to know when it has worn out?

Sorry, I might be one of your pet peevers, but I'm trying to get better! Honest!

a bunch of uh

sand... things...

float around the dude in a circle for a bit

they're pretty small so they can be kind of hard to spot if its an exciting fight

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited July 2010
    hourglasses soal

they are hourglasses

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    what about our glasses?

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man you can't expect him to have that kind of vocab mitchell

he ain't houdini

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited July 2010
    i have forgotten what they are called before as well

i have a bad memory, especially when it comes to words

but i'm definitely houdini

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    heh

sand things

TyrantCow on
  • ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so any udyr expert here? what's the point of the split attack of tiger stance? it doesn't proc more on hit effect like blood razor and any increase damage on next hit thigns like sheen just end up wasting the buff only on first hit. So is there any advantage to the split attack at all?

ZombieSheep on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    @ZombieSheep:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Some how I'm getting a lot of people disconnecting from ranked games lately. Whats the deal with that?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so any udyr expert here? what's the point of the split attack of tiger stance? it doesn't proc more on hit effect like blood razor

It doesn't?

Where does it say that?

Melkster on
    edited July 2010
    so any udyr expert here? what's the point of the split attack of tiger stance? it doesn't proc more on hit effect like blood razor

It doesn't?

Where does it say that?

Persistent Effect: Udyr's attack speed is increased by 30/40/50/60/70%. In addition, Udyr splits his attacks into 3 lightning fast hits. On hit effects only trigger off the first hit.

if it did it would be fucking RIDONKS GOOD

3 procs of madred's every time you attack, and tiger stance increases attack speed by like 70%? YES PLEASE

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Vampire looks like the opposite of awesome. He reminds me of the fact that inevitably, we're going to have too many shit balanced champs for a banlist to deal with.

Eh I'm willing to wait and see how it goes. I think judging based on numbers from the test realm is a bit too hasty, and with the exception of Xin they've been doing well at not making new heroes crazy overpowered.

Slicer on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so any udyr expert here? what's the point of the split attack of tiger stance? it doesn't proc more on hit effect like blood razor and any increase damage on next hit thigns like sheen just end up wasting the buff only on first hit. So is there any advantage to the split attack at all?

afaik its only useful against characters like poppy or pantheon who have abilities that block regular attacks. Splitting your hits up gets you under the 10% min for poppy and under panths 40 min at early lvls

thats about all i can think of, i havent played udyr since he remake and i went phoenix trinity =/

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited July 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Eh I'm willing to wait and see how it goes. I think judging based on numbers from the test realm is a bit too hasty, and with the exception of Xin they've been doing well at not making new heroes crazy overpowered.

maybe it will be a reverse mordekaiser

everyone will look at him and go "what the fuck this guy is OP"

then he will come out and be like

shrug

though honestly a 100% free cost damaging ability that heals you can't exist, i bet it only targets minions or something

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Queue dodging story:

Here I am doing my usual thing I do, which is wait for the last guy on the team to pick their char. If they get a tank I stay with Morgana, if they don't I make a last minute switch to Singed. This is usually a very tense moment, one that I absolutely love.

Last guy pick Rammus. Good! Locking in my Morg, waiting for him to do the same so that we can start as soon as possible...

And then just as the clock runs out he switch to Ryze.

Ryze.

A fucking squishy, of all things. Maybe I wouldn't have done shit if he switched to an offtank like Nasus or someone else like Xin Zhao the ultragood, but for fuck sake, you see a team composing itself of mages and ranged carries and pussy out from being the tank to play RYZE?

So the thing about the story is fuck you Riot, I do not deserve to have a leave mark because I refuse to play in what would be a surefire loss, all the fault of a silly goose of the highest order.

Dac Vin on
  • FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Basically all I can recommend is to stop solo queuing.

I would love to, but my work schedule makes me play at godforsaken hours so I can rarely catch games with my pals. I must persevere!

Fragarach on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »

So the thing about the story is fuck you Riot, I do not deserve to have a leave mark because I refuse to play in what would be a surefire loss, all the fault of a silly goose of the highest order.

Um, I think you do. You left because you were going to lose. That's why there are leave marks, right?

Cheeseliker on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah you do deserve a leave mark for, you know, leaving

Anyway I wish my connection to their servers didn't jump five times to actually get there

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It doesn't?

Where does it say that?

Persistent Effect: Udyr's attack speed is increased by 30/40/50/60/70%. In addition, Udyr splits his attacks into 3 lightning fast hits. On hit effects only trigger off the first hit.

if it did it would be fucking RIDONKS GOOD

3 procs of madred's every time you attack, and tiger stance increases attack speed by like 70%? YES PLEASE

Ah of course. Well, your attack speed is increased by 70%, and that increases the effectiveness of blood razor.

Melkster on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Queue dodging in normal is a leave now :(

Nisi on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No reason to care about normal anymore anyway. I have zero rage in normals now, despite seeing some terrible people cost me some games. Before there was the lingering possibility that maybe someday they might post the normal ELOs again, but those days are gone and normal is completely meaningless. If you dodge normal you're a nerd.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited July 2010
    i think every single game i play in normal will have heimerdinger or soraka from now on

it is a curse, and a curse

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No reason to care about normal anymore anyway. I have zero rage in normals now, despite seeing some terrible people cost me some games. Before there was the lingering possibility that maybe someday they might post the normal ELOs again, but those days are gone and normal is completely meaningless. If you dodge normal you're a nerd.

I queued dodged cause someone logged in while I was in champ select. Also I am a nerd.

Nisi on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    17% former, 82% latter, 1% undefined.

edit.. also all random practice is pretty great. Played Morgana for the first time, Corki for the failureth time, and Ryze for the first time.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've forgotten the word 'hourglass' so many times.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie