As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Really good twisted treeline guide here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=97188

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That appears to be just a tier list for TT!

And one that.....places Shaco rather low? o_O

Slicer on
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so what is so horribly terrible about soraka and how can i take advantage of this?

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    That appears to be just a tier list for TT!

And one that.....places Shaco rather low? o_O

It talks about why though. I disagree with it in some places, but it gets people thinking about TT strat rather than just "MAN THIS MAP IS CRAZY"

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    No reason to care about normal anymore anyway. I have zero rage in normals now, despite seeing some terrible people cost me some games. Before there was the lingering possibility that maybe someday they might post the normal ELOs again, but those days are gone and normal is completely meaningless. If you dodge normal you're a nerd.

Not really. Anyone who intentionally plays (the rare "I forgot to change my summoner spells" happens) clarity Tyrndamere is a fuckstick, and I find that fucksticks are generally not especially fun to play with, regardless of whether you win or lose.

Now, I don't dodge in normal right now due to Riot having some weird fucking impulse to prevent terribads from being dodged (Phreak, IIRC, has especially retarded opinions on the matter), but if they fix it back to not being fucking awful, I'd start dodging again.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where is all the paint art? Moo, what has happened to the paint arts!?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mooman

you best have saved all our paint art and put it in the OP

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    stopgap wrote: »
    so what is so horribly terrible about soraka and how can i take advantage of this?

Basically she makes it so that nobody on her team dies. Ever.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    facetious wrote: »

She's a pure healer. She has two spells for healing -- one heals a single target and improves their armor for a short time, while the other (her ultimate) heals everyone on the team. One of her spells resupplies mana to a friendly target (including herself, if she wishes), or silences and damages an opponent. Her last spell is a point blank AOE that reduces magic resist, stacking up to 20 times (not that this ever really happens, and it's not a very practical spell to use in a teamfight when Soraka is anything but a tank usually. It's mostly a minion-killer).

She turns teamfights, weakening focus fire with her single heal and general damage with her ultimate. She can make early-game weaklings like Kassadin terrifying by supplying them with endless mana so they get to their beastly stage much faster.

The downside of Soraka is there isn't much skill in playing her besides basic gank and teamfight awareness. If the rest of the team sucks, Soraka can't turn it around.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    One of her spells resupplies mana to a friendly target (including herself, if she wishes)

Pretty sure you got her spells mixed up.

8-)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    YEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Booya, I love not playing ranked matches.

Nothing better than being against Heimer, Xin, Sorak and Twitch.

Hehehahbns bldvbjknsfkgjfgh

What on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man i can't stop opening this picture with vladimir's abilities and staring at them

i can't

fucking

wait

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Vampire looks like the opposite of awesome. He reminds me of the fact that inevitably, we're going to have too many shit balanced champs for a banlist to deal with.

Especially at the rate Riot is cranking them out lately.

Eh I'm willing to wait and see how it goes. I think judging based on numbers from the test realm is a bit too hasty, and with the exception of Xin they've been doing well at not making new heroes crazy overpowered.

What have you been smoking? Jax/TF/Heimer/Udyr are all great examples of insane OP heroes when they were released or remade. Jax two or THREE times has fallen into the OP category. 2 out of three every new hero is insanely overpowered when released. I think Kat has been the only exception to that rule, maybe Udyr too.

Edit - I recall shaco being pretty insane when he was first released too.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dear god I love Carry Kayle. So, so much.

Why didn't you jerks tell me how much fun she is?

Sami on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, two points about the new hero Mr Sparkles:

a) I wonder if his costs will be 15% base health, or total...
    b) Why the fuck has no one realised how awesome stacking spell vamp will be?

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You have to stack Vampiric Scepters on principle

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What wrote: »

dang

duld is falling apart

ain't able to keep his calm exterior

this game is tearing him asunder

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Insanity wrote: »
    So, two points about the new hero Mr Sparkles:

a) I wonder if his costs will be 15% base health, or total...
    b) Why the fuck has no one realised how awesome stacking spell vamp will be?

A lot less spell vamp items available to stack. That, and people will be looking for AP for extra health and damage (which adds to the vamp he already possesses).

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Duld maybe you should stop being a loser and actually play the game more

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Vampire looks like the opposite of awesome. He reminds me of the fact that inevitably, we're going to have too many shit balanced champs for a banlist to deal with.

Eh I'm willing to wait and see how it goes. I think judging based on numbers from the test realm is a bit too hasty, and with the exception of Xin they've been doing well at not making new heroes crazy overpowered.

What have you been smoking? Jax/TF/Heimer/Udyr are all great examples of insane OP heroes when they were released or remade. Jax two or THREE times has fallen into the OP category. 2 out of three every new hero is insanely overpowered when released. I think Kat has been the only exception to that rule, maybe Udyr too.

Kog'Maw is pretty meh. Malzahar is total meh. Olaf is average.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    facetious wrote: »

She's a pure healer. She has two spells for healing -- one heals a single target and improves their armor for a short time, while the other (her ultimate) heals everyone on the team. One of her spells resupplies mana to a friendly target (including herself, if she wishes), or silences and damages an opponent. Her last spell is a point blank AOE that reduces magic resist, stacking up to 20 times (not that this ever really happens, and it's not a very practical spell to use in a teamfight when Soraka is anything but a tank usually. It's mostly a minion-killer).

She turns teamfights, weakening focus fire with her single heal and general damage with her ultimate. She can make early-game weaklings like Kassadin terrifying by supplying them with endless mana so they get to their beastly stage much faster.

The downside of Soraka is there isn't much skill in playing her besides basic gank and teamfight awareness. If the rest of the team sucks, Soraka can't turn it around.

played against a nidalee/fiddlesticks/soraka trio in twisted treeline last night. We had fiddlesticks, Xin Zhao and Heimer (me)

I could not kill them when soraka was around. I didn't realize until I read your post that it was because she's a healer.

I would have fiddle down to a sliver and BAM he goes back up enough for me to call off the chase.

my score was 4/19/5. The rest of my team wasn't any better.

We still won though, I imagine that with two great pushers (Xin and Heimer) on our team, they just couldn't get enough initiative to push through.

Spending 15 minutes of a 60 minute game dead is no fun.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It's almost like balancing a game like this is hard

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Will of the Ancients gives spell vamp + considerable AP. When Edward is released, I'll definitely be trying out Rylai's + WotA as core build.

Galielmus on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know who is a baller? Rammus. Yep he is a baller.

edit: you might even say he is a power baller

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

She was OP for awhile when you were out flying.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

The nincompoops they have balancing things are no help. Hullo, Phreak.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What wrote: »

That's better than getting home and applying the small patch yesterday only to have it break your launcher so you have to do a complete reinstall?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

The nincompoops they have balancing things are no help. Hullo, Phreak.

Do they even listen to the council at all about things

I find it interesting that different characters have different levels of OP-ness at different levels of play

That adds another layer of "jesus fuck" to balancing

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ezreal and Shen were OP as hell for the longest time. I abused them for easy wins in our tryhard teams.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What's a good Yi build?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What kind of Yi do you want to play

Physical DPS

AP/DPS

Hybrid

Tank-ish

Jungle

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Physical dps would be good. I mostly just want to try him out. I bought him a while back since he's got a low IP cost, but I've never played him.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My build is:

Crit gloves->Avarice Blade ->Boots 1 -> Emblem of Valor -> Boots 2 (treads) -> Ghostblade -> Brutalizer -> Starks-> Infinity Edge -> Bloodthirster

21/0/9

E/W/W/E/E/R

R->E->Q->W (past level six)

You always want to enter the fight about three seconds after it begins, as in those three seconds most of the crowd control will be blown

One on One very few characters have a remote chance against you

You mop up teamfights more than a janitor

If the team is CC heavy, ditch the thirster for an earlier Banshee's Veil for extra survivability.

Always take Ghost/Cleanse

ALWAYS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

This. This so bad. It's why I stopped playing Soraka unless it's a full premade. Because otherwise you get people who throw themselves into gangbangs and then blame you for not healing them. When they barely got a single hero down to half health, like the extra 400HP would let them finish the job.

Basically, being able to do absolutely nothing to improve a horrible team's chances of winning WILL destroy you. That's the problem with support heroes.

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Kog'Maw is pretty meh. Malzahar is total meh. Olaf is average.

I was on deployment for those three characters. I've heard that Kog'maw was pretty bad on release day, and Olaf too, and I still think he's pretty damn good. I've seen Zen pull some crazy fights off with him.

The only reason Xin is broken is because of his Ult and his Q ability. I think everything else about him is pretty fair, but being able to carve half or more a teams health is retarded, and coupled with another AoE and slow, a knock-up, and increased defense from his ult it's not so fair =/. He can do A LOT of damage early game and late game. If you are negligent in keeping him down, he will royally mess your team up.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had a really close, fun game yesterday. We ended up losing, but I didn't even care, because it was just a fun game.

We basically stalemated for like 20 minutes at the end. The only frustrating thing was that we had a naked Nexus and they had Pantheon, so we basically always had to have one person guard the Nexus at all times. For a while it looked like we were going to turn it back around. We even aced them a couple times and evened up the lane towers. But in the end we didn't have anyone strong enough to solo their base while the others defended, like they did with Pantheon. Without him being able to teleport to our Nexus, we probably would have won.

I was most disappointed at getting like 80IP for a 70 minute game. Can't they make that shit time-based? Or at least boost the quick win / long loss IP bonuses to something more than paltry alms?

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow. Apparently I'm the worst Master Yi ever. Won't post stats but lets just say, I'm a feeder :(

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdmichal wrote: »
    Had a really close, fun game yesterday. We ended up losing, but I didn't even care, because it was just a fun game.

We basically stalemated for like 20 minutes at the end. The only frustrating thing was that we had a naked Nexus and they had Pantheon, so we basically always had to have one person guard the Nexus at all times. For a while it looked like we were going to turn it back around. We even aced them a couple times and evened up the lane towers. But in the end we didn't have anyone strong enough to solo their base while the others defended, like they did with Pantheon. Without him being able to teleport to our Nexus, we probably would have won.

I was most disappointed at getting like 80IP for a 70 minute game. Can't they make that shit time-based? Or at least boost the quick win / long loss IP bonuses to something more than paltry alms?

was this game late last night? I think I might have been playing against you.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yi is not easy to learn and win with

You rely heavily on not having a bad team

Zen Vulgarity on