As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Games and Technology
12943storystory_full-7317886..jpg
Marvel vs Capcom 3

A new versus game?

Yes, after many, many years, Capcom and Marvel have once again teamed up for a dream match of epic proportions.

New Game Play Mechanics

The new game sounds like a hybrid of Tatsunoko and MvC2. Here are the features so far:

- Uses an altered version of Tatsunoko's button layout, with Light, Medium, Hard, Exchange, and Partner buttons.
- Same assist system from MvsC2, but the character select now has descriptions of the assists.
- New Exchange button for Aerial Tag Combos
- A new “Baroque” type cancel mode dubbed X-Factor; increases damage and defense for a short while.
- New character roster probably totaling over 30 fighters
- Advancing Guard, DHC, Triple HC, Snap back, and Guard Tag (can't remember name) systems from TvsC and MvsC2 are back

So who's confirmed so far?
Marvel
-Captain America
-The Hulk
-Iron Man
-Wolverine
-Dead Pool
-Super Skrull
-Thor
-Dr. Doom
-Doramamu
-Spider-man
-X-23
-M.O.D.O.K.
-Magneto

Capcom
-Ryu
-Morrigan
-Felicia
-Chris Redfield
-Dante
-Trish
-Amaterasu
-Chun-li
-Viewtiful Joe
-Wesker
-Tron Bonne
-Arthur
-Rad Spencer

The Exchange Button is now your all purpose launcher attack. It also knocks people out of the air during air combos.
Pressing Exchange and Down or Forward while during an air combo will call in your partner to continue with an Aerial Tag Combo.
If you can guess correctly which direction plus Exchange combination they push, you can interrupt their tag combo with one of your own.
This takes no super bar.

The X-Factor system allows you to mount comebacks. Right now, the X-Factor turns your characters health bars red and slowly drains. All of your characters seem to be under the effects of X-Factor. By pressing both partner buttons, you can activate the X-Factor, which increases your Offense and Defense abilities for a short time.
This also acts as a Roman Cancel type move, allowing you to stop whatever move you were doing and start up another. This allows you to combo two Hyper Combos together for awesome damage.

So far, no release date is set, but the game will be for X-Box 360 and Playstation 3.

Long Trailer

Gameplay from E3

New Characters from Comic-con

blaze_zero on

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    AMATERASU AND SUPER SKRULL.

So cool!

Tairu on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll just leave this right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Dragkonias on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They said about 1/3rd of the characters will be ones that weren't in MvC2, and that there are about 30 characters. That would make about 10 all-new characters, give or take a few, and we've seen 7 of those so far. At this point I'd expect the next several announcements to be mostly confirming returning characters.

SabreMau on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Amaterasu, fuck yeah. I hope VJ is in there too.

Glal on
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Amaterasu, fuck yeah. I hope VJ is in there too.
    I'm quite sure his silhouette is plain as day in one of the trailers.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe I'm just not caught up on all my marvel stuff but Super Skrull seems like a really strange choice. Then again Trish is too..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd rather Trish than a dante clone version of Nero or Virgil.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I view Super Skrull kind of as the ability to put in the Fantastic 4 without having to do four separate characters. Saves time and room for more guys.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I view Super Skrull kind of as the ability to put in the Fantastic 4 without having to do four separate characters. Saves time and room for more guys.

Or Dhalsim from the look of it seeing as a bunch of his moves so far are flame based or stretchy based. Not seeing much Grimm or Sue-based powers yet to Super Skrull.

Slagmire on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Meh. I don't know.

I would say Nero would have brought a far more interesting playstyle than Trish.

Trish looks pretty bland by all accounts.

Dragkonias on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Meh. I don't know.

I would say Nero would have brought a far more interesting playstyle than Trish.

Trish looks pretty bland by all accounts.

I would rather have Gene from Godhand then Trish. BUT that's just me..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, Gene would have been awesome.

Glal on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just want Akuma and Jin, both of which look like they won't appear in the game :(

Oh well, at least we all know Venom will be there.

Godfather on
    edited July 2010
    Do we know Venom will be there?

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Has Spider-man appeared in a game without his deranged slobbering cousin since Spider-man 2?

Lars on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Oh man, Gene would have been awesome.

Hand to hand and fist to fist
    kick your nuts and twist your wrist
    :whistle:

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea Ryu having Akuma's dive kick in one of the videos seems to point to Akuma not being in. To me so far super skrull seems like the coolest new character play wise.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Yea Ryu having Akuma's dive kick in one of the videos seems to point to Akuma not being in. To me so far super skrull seems like the coolest new character play wise.

Yeah. Me too. I might have to change my group to Dante/SS/Chris

Dragkonias on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Amaterasu's unusually squat hitbox is going to limit your options against her.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Amaterasu's unusually squat hitbox is going to limit your options against her.

Probably will. But they'll probably mitigate it by giving her a lower defense.

Dragkonias on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A female character with low defense in a capcom game? You don't say!

BlindPsychic on
    edited July 2010

I doubt it will have much with her being female as her hitbox. I mean, obvious Capcom sexism in their other games aside.

If that's the case that is.

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2010
    Guys, I'm really interested in playing Amaterasu in this game.

If I keep up the same trend as other fighting games I've played, this means she will be absolutely terrible in MvC3. But she'll be one of the better characters in the sequel.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I doubt it will have much with her being female as her hitbox. I mean, obvious Capcom sexism in their other games aside.

If that's the case that is.

lol Okami is sexist because you play as a bitch!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    From Eventhubs:
    Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.
    The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited July 2010
    Well no Gene, that sucks.

On the other hand I'm not a big fan of the Punisher and Ghost Rider. So that's two slots those characters can't take.

On the other other hand, a Ghost Rider that actually used his motorcycle and wasn't just "look I've got chains and a flaming skull head" might make an interesting fighting game character.

Edit: They haven't ruled out Rad Spencer and Strider Hiryu yet so I've still got a couple characters on my Capcom wish list. Oh and Guile, but I don't see that happening.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. Honestly, I hate the Punisher, so who cares about him.

The other people would have been nice to see though.

Dragkonias on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would have liked ghost rider, but oh well. I'll live.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh come on! First no Phoenix Wright for Capcom vs Tatsuwhatever and now this? He should sue. :(

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited July 2010
    You'd think Emma Frost would be an easy one as far as getting another female in on Marvel's side

BlindPsychic on
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did we [dis]prove the rumors about Bayonetta yet? 'Cause so far my team is going to be Dante, Deadpool, and Amaterasu always and forever.

Otherwise, I'd like to call dibs on Team Smartass: Dante, Deadpool, Bayonetta.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    edited July 2010
    templewulf wrote: »
    Did we [dis]prove the rumors about Bayonetta yet? 'Cause so far my team is going to be Dante, Deadpool, and Amaterasu always and forever.

Bayonetta wasn't published by Capcom.

Just made by the guy who used to work at Capcom.

So unless he called them up and asked for her to be in the game, and they agreed, I doubt you'll see her.

Dragkonias on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    From Eventhubs:
    Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.
    The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

this might become a day one purchase for me if this happens

the song that is

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    templewulf wrote: »

Bayonetta wasn't published by Capcom.

Just made by the guy who used to work at Capcom.

So unless he called them up and asked for her to be in the game, and they agreed, I doubt you'll see her.

Though, wouldn't it be cool if Bayonetta lvl 3 super was doing her hair summoning to summon the devil to punch the other team to the freaking sun?

Casually Hardcore on
  • HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bayonetta is not Capcom tough,i think everyone have made that mistake sometime. Didnt Seth end up accidentaly revealing that Storm is included?

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone remember this fake screenshot which circled the internet many years ago?

mvc3bj66pb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Funny how fiction becomes reality sometimes...

T-Danger on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ha, I do remember that.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well we can assume Dormammu will be playable. Or at least the sub boss before him.

I'm liking the roster so far.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    Joe from Street Fighter? Awesome

BlindPsychic on