As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

• PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huh, you'd think Emma Frost would be a shoe-in. Really surprised that she's confirmed not be in the game.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have no idea who Emma Frost is. I don't read comic books and I don't remember her from my days of cartoons when I was little. I think they are trying to pander towards people like me more and will be using characters absolutely everybody knows. You'll only have a few like Super Skrull, Dormammu, and Amaterasu who are for a more niche audience.

Think people who appeared a lot in cartoons and movies.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Joe from Street Fighter? Awesome

No...the other Joe.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    From Eventhubs:
    The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

FUCK. YES.

NickTheNewbie on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I have no idea who Emma Frost is. I don't read comic books and I don't remember her from my days of cartoons when I was little. I think they are trying to pander towards people like me more and will be using characters absolutely everybody knows. You'll only have a few like Super Skrull, Dormammu, and Amaterasu who are for a more niche audience.

Well, I'm not sure how much they are going for new and younger comic book collectors here. Emma Frost is the White queen from X-men and anyone that has been reading marvel the last 10 years is familier with her ginormous tits, which is yet another plus for these kinda games.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

She was in Wolverine: Origins but I don't know if they directly used her name

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What? This is a game called Marvel versus Capcom 3. Nothing about that title screams Cater to casual fans.

Emma will be in the next X-men movie. She's been in most X-men cartoons in the last Decade and is currently fucking Cyclops. She's pretty mainstream

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What? This is a game called Marvel versus Capcom 3. Nothing about that title screams Cater to casual fans.

Emma will be in the next X-men movie. She's been in most X-men cartoons in the last Decade and is currently fucking Cyclops. She's pretty mainstream
    So is Phoenix Wright, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and the Punisher but they aren't in it either. :P

Until SUPER Marvel Vs Capcom 3 that is!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just don't get Pheonix Wright. Sure, he's a famous character, but he's not, as far as I know, he has no fighting ability whatsoever. You don't see Professor X in these games, either, and he's a much bigger deal than Pheonix Wright.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Joe from Street Fighter? Awesome

No...the other Joe.
    The Viewtiful one

Edit: Bad TOTP

gunwarrior on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just don't get Pheonix Wright. Sure, he's a famous character, but he's not, as far as I know, he has no fighting ability whatsoever. You don't see Professor X in these games, either, and he's a much bigger deal than Pheonix Wright.

I just think it'd be funny. I don't consider Roll a character that fights and yet she was in MvC2.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Well, technically Professor X did appear in MvC for a couple of seconds before Onslaught enters.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    Did we [dis]prove the rumors about Bayonetta yet? 'Cause so far my team is going to be Dante, Deadpool, and Amaterasu always and forever.

Otherwise, I'd like to call dibs on Team Smartass: Dante, Deadpool, Bayonetta.

Bayonetta wasn't published by Capcom.

Just made by the guy who used to work at Capcom.

So unless he called them up and asked for her to be in the game, and they agreed, I doubt you'll see her.
    I am aware of that. I'm mostly talking about the baseless rumors: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/06/marvel-vs-capcom-3-nearing-development-climax/

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I just think it'd be funny. I don't consider Roll a character that fights and yet she was in MvC2.

After Norimaro, nothing would surprise me.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've said it before but I'll say it again: if Nintendo could make Fox, a character that had never appeared outside of his ship at that point, a full character in Smash Bros., Capcom could make Phoenix Wright a fighter too.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I've said it before but I'll say it again: if Nintendo could make Fox, a character that had never appeared outside of his ship at that point, a full character in Smash Bros., Capcom could make Phoenix Wright a fighter too.

Admittedly Fox had more to work with given his sci-fi setting

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Fox is a trained mercenary in a sci-fi setting .

Phoenix Wright is a lawyer in modern day Japan.

I want to know what you think Japanese law school is like.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I bet there's a lawyer manga specifically about that subject. I also bet it's somehow pretty bad-ass.

Glal on
    edited July 2010
    Roll, Servbot, Sonson, Norimaru, fucking Servbot. Capcom could turn anyone they wanted into a fighting game character. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Matrias wrote: »

Fox is a trained mercenary in a sci-fi setting .

Phoenix Wright is a lawyer in modern day Japan.

I want to know what you think Japanese law school is like.

Well the first rule of Japanese lawyer school is that if you fail, you die.

Casually Hardcore on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Roll, Servbot, Sonson, Norimaru, fucking Servbot. Capcom could turn anyone they wanted into a fighting game character. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Gandhi?

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Gandhi?

Who the hell do you think Dhalsim is based off.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if Amaterasu's unusually squat hitbox is going to limit your options against her.
    Probably not. You usually attack someone from the front anyway, so it'd be like fighting someone of Megaman's height, and there weren't too many problems with that. It also offers a wider target if you want to jump in for a cross-up or something.

SabreMau on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wasn't Professor X playable in X-men Legends 2 and one of the X-men: Mutant Academy fighting games?

As far as Phoenix Wright goes, while it would be possible to give him a moveset, it might be easier to give one to Franziska von Karma or Godot. They would both also have access to any "Objection!" or whatever move you come up with for Phoenix, but Franziska also has her whip (and a history of beating people with it), and Godot looks like a fighter and has been known to toss a coffee mug at people in the past (not to mention I doubt Capcom could resist giving him Optic Blasts).

Lars on
    edited July 2010
    And Phoenix could have had a level 3 made of boot-to-the-head flavor ice cream.

SabreMau on
  • LionLion Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My gf is bummed to hear Emma won't be in it. That's her favorite character. I thought she would be a lock since, as far as I know, there are no females on the Marvel side as of yet and she could have some interesting moves with her telepathic attacks and her diamond form.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if I should be super happy because Ama' is now confirmed or super bummed because Gene is now anti-confirmed. Those two and Joe would have made for the perfect Clover trifecta. I think I just broke even.

And yeah, the only thing stopping Capcom from putting Wright into a fighting game is a distinct lack of imagination. The game already has a legacy of being delightfully pants-on-head retarded, so why not grab that with both hands and run with it?

Psycohed on
    brig_banner.png
    edited July 2010
    They were working on him for TvC supposedly but gave up on him. They gave a retarded reason too. He had an Objection! attack. The English version would do more hits than the Japanese version because it's longer.

Here we go:

Obje-
    ction!

There, solved the problem.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    THOR!!! Awwwww hell yeah! Now they just need to have the warriors three making an appearance in some sort of cameo attack.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.

I'm SUPER disappointed with the lack of Phoenix. The Capcom guys are creative; I'm sure they could figure out a move-set for him. Oh and if that's the reason why he didn't show up in TvC Barrabas, I think I just died a little inside. That's what prevented him from showing up?

The lack of Frost and Gene also sucks; they both would have been interesting to have in there. What female characters are they saving for the Marvel side then? Come on Capcom you already replaced Jill with Chris. What the fuck?
    The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

Ok, never mind... Capcom I take back anything negative that I have ever said about you.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I can't play as Omega Red, I'll only buy this game the day AFTER launch. Take that, Capcom!

Mr Pink on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Omega Red's popularity has been free falling since the 90s. They finally just said "fuck it" and killed him off last year. Not that death means much in comic books, but still.

I wouldn't mind if the majority of Wolverine Origins was retconned out of existence, though. Ironic, considering the series' purpose, but Romulus is a dumb fucking character and a dumb fucking idea. So is Daken.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The fighter lineup needs more bitches as of this moment...

hadoken on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hadoken wrote: »

Well I'm sure they'll confirm Ken at some point.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Anyone remember this fake screenshot which circled the internet many years ago?

mvc3bj66pb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Funny how fiction becomes reality sometimes...
    Was that ever confirmed to be fake or was that just the supposition of the greater masses since nothing ever came of it? I always felt it looked a bit too well put together to be straight up fake.

Halfmex on
    edited July 2010
    Photoshop was around back then too. Yeah, it was fake. As was this:

mvc3.jpg

I remember both of them back when they were originally posted.

SabreMau on
  • LionLion Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shrieve wrote: »
    hadoken wrote: »

Well I'm sure they'll confirm Ken at some point.

You don't know how much I laughed at this.

On the subject of female characters on the Marvel side, I guess they could go with Storm and Psylocke from previous games. Ms. Marvel could be there as a stronger Rogue. Black Widow is also being promoted at the moment because of Iron Man 2. There are a lot of super female characters that could have some interesting mechanics.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lion wrote: »
    There are a lot of super female characters that could have some interesting mechanics.

I feel this may have been missed being at the end of the last thread.

But the only answer on all counts is Blink.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Photoshop was around back then too. Yeah, it was fake. As was this:

mvc3.jpg

I remember both of them back when they were originally posted.
    Oh I know, I recall the same, I just don't remember seeing any "official confirmation" of them being fake. The closest I remember reading was someone from Capcom stating that they had no plans to work on MvC3 or some such. Meh, was just curious.

Halfmex on
    edited July 2010
    When screenshots of an unannounced game pop up with a vague "I found these somewhere" explanation and no source links, it was usually safer (and still is) to assume a "fake unless confirmed" stance over a "real unless denied" one. It could have looked a whole lot more well-put-together than this and still have been the work of just one guy on one computer, even in the early '00s.

SabreMau on