As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] The new [Chat Thread] full of chatalysmic puns

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pm me your email. :P
    How do I stop a renewing payment type on my account? I'm just gonna use pre-paid cards from now on.

Rizzi on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    How do I stop a renewing payment type on my account? I'm just gonna use pre-paid cards from now on.

Just cancel. Blizzard lets you finish out your paid time.

captaink on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Is anyone here on Alliance side Rampage? I don't know if I'm unlucky of if this battlegroup is just pants-on-head retarded.

Hello. Welcome to World of Warcraft. Nice to have you here.
    There is a retarded amount of retards that play this game.

I can only compare it to Horde side Nightfall (which has its share of retards), but Alliance side Rampage just seems so much worse.

jackal on
    edited July 2010
    Sweet.

Rizzi on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Should be an option to change payment method on the battle.net screen (they revamped B.Net today and moved it all around so I don't know where it is). If that doesn't work try cancelling your sub, there was a "Changing payment method" reason in there.

danx on
    edited July 2010
    Ya, I added my pre-paid card and then canceled. All is well.

Rizzi on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oghulk wrote: »
    New mage talents are....interesting...

I'm a little disappointed to see that their method of making scorch part of the cast rotation more is by capping its talent at a 66% chance to activate. :?

Henroid on
  • VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

sent.

The question now is, where do I make my DK?

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Henroid wrote: »

I'm a little disappointed to see that their method of making scorch part of the cast rotation more is by capping its talent at a 66% chance to activate. :?

You know that's just still not fixed from when they changed the talent from 3 to 2 points, right?

shryke on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God, this is the most agonizing part of the whole 'not being invited to the beta' part. Moreso than testing the new zones and such, I really want to try out these new class mechanics and give some feedback that is (largely) more attended to.

Halfmex on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »

You know that's just still not fixed from when they changed the talent from 3 to 2 points, right?

I hope you have a blue post to back that up, because a lot of other talents (read: every single other talent of every other class) have been fixed with regard to the 3 to 2 point issue.

Henroid on
    edited July 2010
    OH BOY!
    * Cloth Specialization - Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Cloth armor.
    * Leather Specialization - Increases your Agility by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
    * Wild Leather Specialization - Increases your Stamina in Bear Form by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
    * Wild Leather Specialization - Increases your Agility in Cat Form by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
    * Mail Specialization - Increases your Agility by 5% while wearing only Mail armor.
    * Tribal Mail Specialization - Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Mail armor.
    * Plate Specialization - Increases your Strength by 5% while wearing only Plate armor.
    * Defender's Plate Specialization - Increases your Stamina by 5% while wearing only Plate armor.
    * Blessed Plate Specialization - Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Plate armor.
    * Astral Leather Specialization - Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
    * Elemental Mail Specialization - Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Mail armor.
    * Furious Plate Specialization - Increases your Strength by 5% while wearing only Plate armor.

Henroid on
    edited July 2010
    I think I'm going to transfer my main off the dead server he's stuck on and to the server I rolled my little mage alt on. It says on the FAQ it takes 3 days? That can't be right, can it?

Rizzi on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I hope you have a blue post to back that up, because a lot of other talents (read: every single other talent of every other class) have been fixed with regard to the 3 to 2 point issue.

I'm disgruntled with frost by making freeze apart of a Frost mage's rotation that way. I don't have the math to back it up but I'd assume that not having a water elemental out 100% time and using freeze to get FoF procs would be less dps than having a water elemental out 100% of the time and not getting FoF procs that way. Unless of course they change the glyph.

Oghulk on
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit. Those bonuses, are they for crafters or something?

Rizzi on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit. Those bonuses, are they for crafters or something?

No, they're specializations for classes to get people to use the armor type that is appropriate for them.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited July 2010
    Oh nice. Now, as long as they add in some more caster leather and mail at low levels..

Rizzi on
    edited July 2010
    Oh nice. Now, as long as they add in some more caster leather and mail at low levels..

Most likely they are. When they did a quick sweep of low-level content a year ago or whatever, they did some updating of blue drops from dungeons to make them more appropriate for each class, rather than silly shit like daggers with +agi and +spirit.

Henroid on
    edited July 2010
    One can hope.

Rizzi on
    edited July 2010
    With everything they're doing to the game to make the introduction (the first 60 levels) up to speed with the rest of the game, as well as not a pain in the ass, count on it.

Now if only we could get some information on what they've got going internally for those racial trait redesigns...

Henroid on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'm going to transfer my main off the dead server he's stuck on and to the server I rolled my little mage alt on. It says on the FAQ it takes 3 days? That can't be right, can it?
    It could take up to three days, my last transfer took like an hour.

815165 on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah every time I've done a transfer in the past year or two it's been an hour tops. Most of the time it's more like 20m

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited July 2010
    The times I've done character transfers (like, 2 or 3) it was instant.

Henroid on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They just put up that warning JUST IN CASE.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ? what warning?

I am still confused why do I have a trial account I asked but then when I posted my question various people were talking about how they were hacked, being hacked or some paranoia about hacking.

Brainleech on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ? what warning?

I am still confused why do I have a trial account I asked but then when I posted my question various people were talking about how they were hacked, being hacked or some paranoia about hacking.

That transfers can take up to 3 days. I did a faction change and it said the same thing, but it took all of 20 minutes at most the both times I did it.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    During the holidays the transfers can get quite busy. Took a day or so for one transfer. People get WoW and/or Christmas cash and use it to jump servers with friends.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ITS A MONSTER. BURN IT.

wowscrnshot072310001727.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • -Bramble-Bramble Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Give me that hat

-Bramble on
    edited July 2010
    There's a character name with an ! mark in it.

Henroid on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a character name with an ! mark in it.

Thats just how they tag characters copied over to a test realm for a rename.

Wassermelone on
    edited July 2010
    I was going to say it's probably inappropriate to have quests where you murder and butcher prostitutes but there's already like two or three quests where you torture someone.

815165 on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    -Bramble wrote: »
    Give me that hat

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ITS A MONSTER. BURN IT.

wowscrnshot072310001727.jpg
    I for one welcome our new Worglin overlords.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited July 2010
    But I was referring more to tracking down and fighting a Jack the Ripper character.
    Does it make me a sociopath that I automatically went to the other side of it? o_O

815165 on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I suck so bad at finding titanium.

It's not even finding it and losing it to other players, I just never, ever come across the nodes. Just cruising around Wintergrasp I've made 400 saronite bars and...4 titanium.

Javen on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love that Worgen character select scenery.

Monsty on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I suck so bad at finding titanium.

It's not even finding it and losing it to other players, I just never, ever come across the nodes. Just cruising around Wintergrasp I've made 400 saronite bars and...4 titanium.

I rarely ever see any either. I think part of it is people don't bother as much with farming saronite anymore. They just zoom around snatching all the titanium.

Poketpixie on
    edited July 2010
    Monsty wrote: »
    I love that Worgen character select scenery.

That's what I was thinking too.

Rizzi on
This discussion has been closed.