Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DC Comic Solicits for October 2010

TexiKenTexiKen that boy can sing!Jackson HeightsRegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Graphic Violence
Full Solicits are up, please ignore Superman #704

Emerald Warriors #3:

GLEWarriors_Cv3_var.jpg


And it looks like Winick is going solo on the rest of Generations Lost, cool cover for #11 though:

JLGLost_Cv12_var.jpg


Other items of mention:

-JLA turns 50, where on the cover it looks like Van Sciver has made Ultraman Chinese:

JLA-50.jpg

-Krul takes over Teen Titans, ready to rape your world

-Scott Kolins hops on the Flash book, where he should stay as regular penciler

-Batman Brave and the Bold ends, along with Unknown Solder and Greek Street

-Fables hits #100 with a board game in the issue, Jack of Fables possibly looking to end with #50?

-Lots of Red tie-ins for the movie

eo3k6D0.png
TexiKen on

Posts

  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kind of a dull month for DC; the only new thing that caught my eye is the Untold Tales of the Blackest Night book. The GL Tales books are always fun, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

    I still am not excited about EW from the previews, it doesn't sound like much is going to happen.

    Edit: Agent Orange and Emerald Eclipse hardcovers are finally out, though.

    HadjiQuest on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Kind of a dull month for DC; the only new thing that caught my eye is the Untold Tales of the Blackest Night book. The GL Tales books are always fun, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

    I still am not excited about EW from the previews, it doesn't sound like much is going to happen.

    Edit: Agent Orange and Emerald Eclipse hardcovers are finally out, though.

    those would be the paperbacks. the hardcovers have been out for a long time.

    Rans on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be getting Superman: Earth 1 and Greek Street vol.2.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Kind of a dull month for DC; the only new thing that caught my eye is the Untold Tales of the Blackest Night book. The GL Tales books are always fun, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

    I still am not excited about EW from the previews, it doesn't sound like much is going to happen.

    Edit: Agent Orange and Emerald Eclipse hardcovers are finally out, though.

    those would be the paperbacks. the hardcovers have been out for a long time.

    Whoops, thats what I meant.

    I know a lot of people around here have been upset about the $25 EE hardcover, and will be relieve to see it's a $15 trade.

    Or just more upset if they ended up getting it.

    HadjiQuest on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i count 8 single issues for me in one month, which is a record i think. all GL-related. especially excited for what looks to be the start of a REBELS / GLC war.

    Rans on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My thoughts:
    Poor Nicola Scott.

    Not sure if I'm interested in a Giffen-less JL: Generation Lost. Winick and Giffen seemed to work really well together, take him away and I'm worried it'll turn to Titans.

    The Batman one-shot lineup actually looks surprisingly good. Only ones I'll actively avoid are the Beechen and Fridolfs issues. Nothing against Fridolfs, his writing inexperience is probably just going to make him stand out (in a bad way) in that lineup. On the other hand, everything against Beechen, he's a really bad writer.

    JMS's Superman run is the worst and I really, really dislike the direction they're taking Lex. Funny how a couple of years ago, Supergirl was by far the worst Super family book but now, it's by far the best.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Catwoman solicit makes me think, are they actually a couple or anything? It says she loves him, did they ever profess that yes, they are massively into each other?

    Solar on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well they fucked like twenty times in a barn

    Garlic Bread on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    well they fucked like twenty times in a barn

    I know they fuck pretty regularly. I wanted to know if they had ever actually professed any love for each other. Because if Batman actually shacked up with Catwoman that would be kind of cool. I mean, she wouldn't need to steal stuff because he's mega rich so she wouldn't be a criminal any more and seeing Damien and Selina argue would be funny.

    Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen that boy can sing! Jackson HeightsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He told Selina he loved her at the end of Heart of Hush.

    And he fucking broke Diana's heart.

    TexiKen on
    eo3k6D0.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    He told Selina he loved her at the end of Heart of Hush.

    And he fucking broke Diana's heart.

    To hell with Diana. Selina is hotter and cooler anyways. Even now Wondy has her jacket which is the hallmark of trying to hard to fit in with the popular kids. I always really digged the Catwoman/Batman relationship, she seemed to be a great foil for his character.

    When you get down to it Bruce looks t things in a very straightforward way, he doesn't like criminals or crime, yet he likes Catwoman who is a master thief and she dances around him in a way which he must find rather difficult to deal with. I like that. Wonder Woman and Batman are to much of an easy pairing.

    Solar on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wonder Woman and Batman are an easy pairing? Huh? How? She's an immortal goddess that most pair with Superman before anything else (super womb for super sperm and all that jazz). The WW/Batman pairing only recently started gaining traction from what I understand.

    KVW on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    KVW wrote: »
    Wonder Woman and Batman are an easy pairing? Huh? How? She's an immortal goddess that most pair with Superman before anything else (super womb for super sperm and all that jazz). The WW/Batman pairing only recently started gaining traction from what I understand.

    It seems very obvious, but for me is not the right choice for telling the stories want to read about, was what I should have said.

    Solar on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, I'm with you on Catwoman/Batman pairing, but I like the Wonder Woman dynamic too. It'll always go back to Catwoman, but I dont really see a problem playing with the WW/Bruce one either.

    KVW on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty underwhelmed by the solicits, with the exception of the Vertigo titles and the Tranquility mini starting up.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    Wonder Woman and Batman are an easy pairing? Huh? How? She's an immortal goddess that most pair with Superman before anything else (super womb for super sperm and all that jazz). The WW/Batman pairing only recently started gaining traction from what I understand.

    It seems very obvious, but for me is not the right choice for telling the stories want to read about, was what I should have said.

    Yes, the far less obvious pairing is Batman and Catwoman. It's never happened before.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    Wonder Woman and Batman are an easy pairing? Huh? How? She's an immortal goddess that most pair with Superman before anything else (super womb for super sperm and all that jazz). The WW/Batman pairing only recently started gaining traction from what I understand.

    It seems very obvious, but for me is not the right choice for telling the stories want to read about, was what I should have said.

    Yes, the far less obvious pairing is Batman and Catwoman. It's never happened before.

    What I mean is that there is something more interesting than a pairing between Bruce, who is the best and brightest of humanity really, and Diana, who is the paragon of the Amazons. They are both amazing but that's pretty much it, and besides I can never see Diana in that way. Whereas Catwoman and Batman is much mroe interesting, she's been an enemy to him but he still can't get her out of his head, and they dance around each other in a way which makes for good stories.

    Just for me it's a better pairing. I literally cannot see Diana in a relationship, because to me she's not actually a strong enough character, there's nothing to her other than her being "The perfect woman," whatever that means.

    Solar on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does Wonder Woman really have a super womb? I thought she only had limited invulnerability. So, if Superman made her the target of his super sperm, she would have no choice but to deflect them with her wonder bracers (or whatever), or risk grievous injury.

    Hey, in her new costume, if she punched the super sperm out of the air, it would fall to the ground in the shape of a W. That would be awesome. It's how Wonder Woman signs her work, letting the sperm inside Superman know that Wonder Woman is getting closer.

    TeaSpoon on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh God, now I'm embarrassed to know you people.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Does Wonder Woman really have a super womb? I thought she only had limited invulnerability. So, if Superman made her the target of his super sperm, she would have no choice but to deflect them with her wonder bracers (or whatever), or risk grievous injury.

    Hey, in her new costume, if she punched the super sperm out of the air, it would fall to the ground in the shape of a W. That would be awesome. It's how Wonder Woman signs her work, letting the sperm inside Superman know that Wonder Woman is getting closer.

    but it would never happen, because Clark loves Lois. Do they have sex, or is that impossible? I know he has said that them having children was far too dangerous for Lois and he wouldn't run the risk.

    Also Robos don't be such a prude.

    Solar on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think they probably do. Precise muscle control and all that. The not having children bit is probably more the danger in carrying a Kryptonian child to term (the first time it kicks, Lois loses a stomach).

    Wildcat on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Superman is like a solar battery, right? Why don't they just send him to the arctic when the sun is down for like a month and send him back to Metropolis at night time (with a candle to set the mood) so he and Lois can have a romantic evening. From then on Lois will need to constantly fly around under guise of darkness for about 9 months.

    Tairu on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I think they probably do. Precise muscle control and all that. The not having children bit is probably more the danger in carrying a Kryptonian child to term (the first time it kicks, Lois loses a stomach).

    This really makes me wonder how the kids in DBZ didn't destroy their mothers. At least Kirkman got around that issue by having Viltrumite powers kick in around puberty.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tairu wrote: »
    Superman is like a solar battery, right? Why don't they just send him to the arctic when the sun is down for like a month and send him back to Metropolis at night time (with a candle to set the mood) so he and Lois can have a romantic evening. From then on Lois will need to constantly fly around under guise of darkness for about 9 months.

    Or, you know, red sunlight lamps...

    And why would Lois need to fly around under guise of darkness? Last I checked, no-one's going to be shining yellow sunlight up her vagina at any point.

    Solar, wanna see Bruce and Selina together? Go read some old Earth 2 books. Or one of the multiple elseworlds stories where they either ended up together or still have a relationship. Or one of the multiple in-continuity stories where they're together (before splitting apart at some point). It's nothing new and at this point, I feel like it's been worn out.

    Wonder Woman, you don't seem to have a clue what her character is like so your opinion on her seems pretty absurdly ignorant.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Man, that Booster Gold cover might have the smuggest face I've ever seen.

    smug_booster.jpg

    DMAC on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tairu wrote: »
    Superman is like a solar battery, right? Why don't they just send him to the arctic when the sun is down for like a month and send him back to Metropolis at night time (with a candle to set the mood) so he and Lois can have a romantic evening. From then on Lois will need to constantly fly around under guise of darkness for about 9 months.

    Or, you know, red sunlight lamps...

    And why would Lois need to fly around under guise of darkness? Last I checked, no-one's going to be shining yellow sunlight up her vagina at any point.

    Solar, wanna see Bruce and Selina together? Go read some old Earth 2 books. Or one of the multiple elseworlds stories where they either ended up together or still have a relationship. Or one of the multiple in-continuity stories where they're together (before splitting apart at some point). It's nothing new and at this point, I feel like it's been worn out.

    Wonder Woman, you don't seem to have a clue what her character is like so your opinion on her seems pretty absurdly ignorant.

    Relax man. No need to get all hostile about it. I think Wonder Woman is a poorly made and badly defined character, you don't. We don't need to be making comments like that, this isn't the cbr forums.

    Solar on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It wasn't really meant to sound hostile. I agree that Wonder Woman isn't perfect, I'd like a good costume change and a more solid definition to make writers interpretations of her more consistent but I hardly think that makes her a bad character. Just like with any character, she's awesome when written well.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On a related point, would we agree that the solicits are making it fairly clear that Wonder Woman's 'big change' is in fact just a temporary matter for the purpose of this arc?

    Wildcat on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    On a related point, would we agree that the solicits are making it fairly clear that Wonder Woman's 'big change' is in fact just a temporary matter for the purpose of this arc?

    Yeah, this seems to me something that won't last. certainly not beyond the next writer, thus continuing the problem which Diana has.

    Solar on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yep. She might keep the costume though, at least as an alternate outfit.

    I still wonder why Morrison's take on her was shunted off to Earth One non-continuity; I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    Wildcat on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Yep. She might keep the costume though, at least as an alternate outfit.

    I still wonder why Morrison's take on her was shunted off to Earth One non-continuity; I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    Probably because Morrison changed up stuff to make it more coherent and better defined, and it actually didn't fit into the mainstream continuity. I am also really looking forward to seeing it to, I hope it's Diana's equivalent of All-Star Superman.

    Solar on
Sign In or Register to comment.