As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Warlocks: We wear cloth.

• delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Patience, young Skywalker.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They didn't get rid of nightfall.

In fact, currently, it's impossible to avoid putting at least one point in it if you are speccing affliction, because how thin the tree is.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is just an excerpt from a large list of changes on MMO right now, but what the *fuck* did they do?
    Create Firestone is gone.
    Create Spellstone is gone.
    Detect Invisibility is gone.
    Sense Demons is gone.
    Unending Breath is gone.

Gah. I don't *really* miss the stones, and Invisibility had the stupidest uses... though one was seeing Invisible mages I suppose. But not being able to sense demons and removing Unending Breath? What the fuck?

Dranyth on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The breath is annoying. Does detect invisibility gone mean no more cool stuff in the world like the ghosts above undercity?

-SPI- on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That is a wtf and an insult
    Mages get a gem that restores mana and get get a temp buff they finally got it right with the stones
    Detect invisibility did have it's uses other than looking for ghosts and mages

But then I did finish my letter and mailed it today

Brainleech on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been using Detect Invis to kill the little skull things in FoS before they blow up, then I get proud of myself for saving the healer some mana.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't remember really using Detect Invisibility since Naxx for the tanks to see the shades.

Didn't even realize the little skulls in FoS would show up.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited July 2010
    Huh...

End on
    edited July 2010
    Ok, so I don't understand why they removed those abilities, especially unending breath.

But here's something kinda neat. They made doomguard and infernal temporary additions like promised, but they added a little something something to make them more controllable since they're just guardians: "The Infernal deals strong area of effect damage, and will be drawn to attack targets afflited by your Bane of Agony or Bane of Doom spells. " Doomguard works the same way.

End on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah seems pretty cool. I really like the sound of Jinx. 40yd Curse of Elements!

-SPI- on
  • SeruleSerule Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loss of 'Sense Demons' is annoying. I always leave it up; my Warlock is Tailoring/Enchanting so there's not much else to track. I guess I'll use 'Track Fish'?

Serule on
    edited July 2010
    Serule wrote: »
    Loss of 'Sense Demons' is annoying. I always leave it up; my Warlock is Tailoring/Enchanting so there's not much else to track. I guess I'll use 'Track Fish'?

This. Same thing for me. Not at all happy about some of this.

Dranyth on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

Paladins even have a minor glyph to give 1% damage with their sense undead.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »

Paladins even have a minor glyph to give 1% damage with their sense undead.

Man I hate when I get reminded how much our minors suck.

LockeCole on
    edited July 2010
    Warlock ones aren't much better. At least in Wrath that one was really fairly decent with how many Undead are around. Warlocks' chance would've been TBC, but we don't even have one now. God Warlock minors suck.

About the only good one *is* the swim speed with Unending Breath!

Dranyth on
    edited July 2010
    At least we'll keep the eye of kilrogg glyph. :rotate:

End on
    edited July 2010
    Woo! I think I've actually used that... once... on a drunken bet!

Dranyth on
    edited July 2010
    Assuming unending breath is really going away, eye of kilrogg is the only minor glyph that I have now that will apparently still do something come Cataclysm. If they don't add more glyphs, and if you're not affliction, you will have exactly three minor glyphs to put in your three minor glyph slots that do anything at all. And one is enslave demon.

Obviously they will/should/better fucking add more minor glyphs.

End on
    edited July 2010
    Eye of Kilrogg will be even *more* awesomely pointless. In that, it'll be able to fly in Azeroth? Yay.

Dranyth on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Warlock ones aren't much better. At least in Wrath that one was really fairly decent with how many Undead are around. Warlocks' chance would've been TBC, but we don't even have one now. God Warlock minors suck.

I was talking about warlock glyphs. None of our minor glyphs do much of anything. DKs probably get the best minors. And unending breath is unquestionably the best warlock minor right now.

LockeCole on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is just an excerpt from a large list of changes on MMO right now, but what the *fuck* did they do?
    Create Firestone is gone.
    Create Spellstone is gone.
    Detect Invisibility is gone.
    Sense Demons is gone.
    Unending Breath is gone.

Gah. I don't *really* miss the stones, and Invisibility had the stupidest uses... though one was seeing Invisible mages I suppose. But not being able to sense demons and removing Unending Breath? What the fuck?

The fuck

Foolish Chaos on
    edited July 2010
    LockeCole wrote: »

I was talking about warlock glyphs. None of our minor glyphs do much of anything. DKs probably get the best minors. And unending breath is unquestionably the best warlock minor right now.

Ah right, I could see that going either way though. Paladin minor glyphs are fucking terrible too.

Dranyth on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The stone removals make sense, since they're just a mindless upkeep for a slight buff (that warlocks are balanced around anyway). It's a superfluous, uninteresting activity, and they can just (theoretically) tune warlocks around not having that now.

forty on
    edited July 2010
    LockeCole wrote: »

Warrior minors are basically on par with (in fact, very similar to) DK minors.

forty on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Unending Breath might be OP'd considering how much of the expansion is going to be underwater

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    Unending Breath might be OP'd considering how much of the expansion is going to be underwater

That is my guessing. Blizz just wanting to make sure we go through their quest lines to get their water-breathers.

Foolish Chaos on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sentry wrote: »

That is my guessing. Blizz just wanting to make sure we go through their quest lines to get their water-breathers.

Shaman still have water breathing (although I guess like everything in beta, that is subject to change...).

Tomanta on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    warlockery ho
    * Dark Intent *New* - You link yourself with the targeted friendly target, increasing both of your haste by 3%. When you or the linked target gains a critical periodic damage or healing effect, the other gains an increased 3% increased periodic damage and healing lasting for 7 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. Dark Intent lasts for 30 min. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

* Soul Swap *New* - You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target. For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage. You cannot Soul Swap to the same target. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 45 sec cooldown

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    warlockery ho
    * Dark Intent *New* - You link yourself with the targeted friendly target, increasing both of your haste by 3%. When you or the linked target gains a critical periodic damage or healing effect, the other gains an increased 3% increased periodic damage and healing lasting for 7 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. Dark Intent lasts for 30 min. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

* Soul Swap *New* - You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target. For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage. You cannot Soul Swap to the same target. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 45 sec cooldown

So wait, soul swap is arcane blast for warlocks? Affliction Blast?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited July 2010
    More like if you're target switching, get some bonus damage + move your dots to a new target.

We don't know the scaling yet, but I doubt it outscales normal damage dealing for end of a mobs life.

End on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ahhh that makes more sense. They really need to clean up that tooltip a bit but I get the gist of it.

dark intent changed to haste instead of crit with increased periodic damage/healing on effect? So I guess warlock circle jerks are still gonna make it in?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually the wording on it (where it says it increases both your haste by 3%) makes me suspect that trading with a warlock will be impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz isn't 100% happy with the circlejerk buff behaviour of Focus Magic and Tricks of the Trade.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, that occurred to me as well.

I think it's probably a good thing.

End on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Especially with it being restricted to periodic effects. Still, it's cool.

Also neat that they've come up with a solution to the target swapping problems that aff has. I wonder if the preserves the effects' duration, or just resets them when it hits the new target.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited July 2010
    I hope it resets them, but I think it's a pretty good chance they won't.

End on
    edited July 2010
    I was thinking the same, but having them reset might get a little too easy.

dot, dot, dot, sbolt, sbolt, swap, sbolt, sbolt, swap, repeat untill boredom sets in.

Gnutson on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

dot, dot, dot, sbolt, sbolt, swap, sbolt, sbolt, swap, repeat untill boredom sets in.

You can't swap them to the same target you removed them from.

Wassermelone on
    edited July 2010

I realize yeah, but with 2+ mobs that need to be dps'd that would probably be the most effective if swapping reset the timers.

Why waste 3gcds when you can do it all in 1.

Gnutson on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I realize yeah, but with 2+ mobs that need to be dps'd that would probably be the most effective if swapping reset the timers.

Yeah but then you got 1 target with no DOTs and another with all DOTs refreshed.

Jutranjo on
    edited July 2010
    Jutranjo wrote: »

Yeah but then you got 1 target with no DOTs and another with all DOTs refreshed.
    Also:
    45 sec cooldown
    So it's not something you're going to be doing on every mob anyway.

I could see it going either way as far as resetting durations goes. I don't think it would really be overpowered if it reset them.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.