As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Making images look like low res shots taken off of a monitor was (and still is) a very popular way to make your otherwise shoddy looking Photoshop job appear much more realistic.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    I bet there's a lawyer manga specifically about that subject. I also bet it's somehow pretty bad-ass.

If the Japanese can make mahjong badass, why not?

Chrono Helix on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    super skrull looks rowdy as hell in that trailer. sad about phoenix wright though, he was my #1 guy i was looking forward to/hoping for.

Ah_Pook on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If Marvel needs another female Character they could always include Wolfsbane, Stature, Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird, and Young Avengers Hawkeye. Still holding out for Taskmaster though being one of the unnanounced Marvels. Taskmaster with various marvel chaaracter specials would be awesome.

Psychotic One on
    edited July 2010
    I don't think I ever realized how much stronger characters DC women are in general until I started thinking about popular Marvel characters that could appear in MvC3.

DC has a ton of strong female characters. Marvel has, like, six? Seven? With the vast majority appearing in X-Men.

Fig-D on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If Marvel needs another female Character they could always include Wolfsbane, Stature, Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird, and Young Avengers Hawkeye. Still holding out for Taskmaster though being one of the unnanounced Marvels. Taskmaster with various marvel chaaracter specials would be awesome.

Uh, wow, some of those are really obscure.

Actually, I don't recognize any of them!

Godfather on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I don't think I ever realized how much stronger characters DC women are in general until I started thinking about popular Marvel characters that could appear in MvC3.

DC has a ton of strong female characters. Marvel has, like, six? Seven? With the vast majority appearing in X-Men.

I mentioned that before in one of the comics threads. It's kind of sad that all told, the biggest female superhero in the comic books industry right now is probably Buffy. And I love the Buffy series. But DC at least has Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Huntress, Hawkwoman, Vixen, etc. before you get to ensemble teams or Distaff Counterparts. I'm still a bit surprised and how hard it is to come up with female Marvel villains, too. You can nab a few from the X-Men series, but that's about all I can think of. And most of them turned good at least occasionally.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If Marvel needs another female Character they could always include Big Bertha.

Fix'd.

Hexmage-PA on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »

Taskmaster aside you shouldn't recognize any of them because they're -Z listers.

The Spot is more well known

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited July 2010

Taskmaster aside you shouldn't recognize any of them because they're -Z listers.

Well, except for Ms. Marvel. At the very least most comic book fans know her as the reason Rogue could fly and had super strength for all those years. Marvel's making her into a hero in her own right again lately.

EmperorSeth on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Well, except for Ms. Marvel. At the very least most comic book fans know her as the reason Rogue could fly and had super strength for all those years. Marvel's making her into a hero in her own right again lately.

I wouldn't say Wolfsbane (Rahne) and Ms. Marvel are Z Listers. Wolfsbane is in the X-Force ongoing and Ms. Marvel has her own ongoing and been a part of every cross over since Civil War.

Psychotic One on
    edited July 2010

They can try. Honestly she's pretty boring.

King Riptor on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rahne was in PAD's X-Factor for awhile too.

I'd love to see Monet in the game. Simple enough power set for gameplay and enough Haughtyness to make Karin look like a Nun.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • MegaDoomerMegaDoomer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just give me someone in the "Spider" Family.

Im gonna kill someone if Spider-man or Venom dont make it in. I Rocked with both of em.

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    If Spider-Man isn't in MvC3, I'll eat my dick.

Fig-D on
    edited July 2010

They can try. Honestly she's pretty boring.

Well, we're not judging the QUALITY of these characters, just how big they are in terms of recognition. I'm very picky about superheroes in that regard. They have to be ABOUT something. Superman got grandfathered in as the official superhero, but everyone else needs a reason to exist beyond being a superhero. The X-Men in general have their "prejudice is bad" thing, Batman's got his badass normal routine going on with supervillains based on real-life criminal profiles, Wonder Woman is a stand-in for all female superheroes and feminism in general (though again, Buffy's seem to got her beat in that category lately,) Green Lantern takes the superhero formula and uses it for space opera concepts, and so on. What is Ms. Marvel's meaning, exactly?

EmperorSeth on
    edited July 2010
    MegaDoomer wrote: »
    Just give me someone in the "Spider" Family.

Im gonna kill someone if Spider-man or Venom dont make it in. I Rocked with both of em.

No matter what else happens Spider-man is in this game.

It's not even debateable.

King Riptor on
    edited July 2010
    What is Ms. Marvel's meaning, exactly?

I'm mad because I was in a coma for a long time!

King Riptor on
    edited July 2010
    What is Ms. Marvel's meaning, exactly?

I'm mad because I was in a coma for a long time!

Well that was old Ms. Marvel. Current one is just trying to be the best hero possible now. She's even put her rivalry with Rogue behind her. Plus seeing her get pissed that Moonstone is wearing her own costume and taking the fight to her was pretty great.

Psychotic One on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spider-woman then!

It fills out the 'Spider' part and a chick on the Marvel side. Two birds stoned.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • MegaDoomerMegaDoomer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Plus i think lately they have been hinting at a Ms.marvel Spider-man relationship... at least they were in Seige.

Ms.Marvel is badass I think she is one of the better Female Superheroes lately.

MegaDoomer on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Yes but we all know the best hero ever is Rocket Raccoon and his unfeasably large cannons. Also best supporting character to Rocket Raccoon and his amazing pals is Groot. Because he always knows his name.

Psychotic One on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MegaDoomer wrote: »
    Plus i think lately they have been hinting at a Ms.marvel Spider-man relationship... at least they were in Seige.

Ms.Marvel is badass I think she is one of the better Female Superheroes lately.

NO.

PeterXMary Jane

The End.

I wonder if that Shattered Dimensions game is the reason Spider-man hasn't been officially been named yet.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But wait. Spider-man doesn't need a wife.

Engage ret-con cannon!

blaze_zero on
  • SurfaceBeneathSurfaceBeneath regular
    edited July 2010

It's not that bad. Runaways is pretty popular and really all of the relevant characters in it are female.

Speaking of, I'd kill to see Molly in the game. With hat DLC.

SurfaceBeneath on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It's not that bad. Runaways is pretty popular and really all of the relevant characters in it are female.

Runaways are still B/C-listers at best.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Runaways, but I'm not going to kid myself.

Dragkonias on
    edited July 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Runaways are still B/C-listers at best.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Runaways, but I'm not going to kid myself.

Aren't they supposed to get a movie pretty soon? Okay, by pretty soon, I'm thinking probably 2012 at best since I don't even think they have a cast yet. If they were in the game, I think they'd work better as a Captain Commando thing; pick one character to be the leader and fighter, and then the others show up in the special and super moves.

EmperorSeth on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I have no idea who Emma Frost is. I don't read comic books and I don't remember her from my days of cartoons when I was little. I think they are trying to pander towards people like me more and will be using characters absolutely everybody knows. You'll only have a few like Super Skrull, Dormammu, and Amaterasu who are for a more niche audience.

Think people who appeared a lot in cartoons and movies.

She's in several cartoons, she was in the Wolverine movie, and will be in the newest Xavier movie.

Burden of Proof on
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    More fanboy rage.
    Mark my words: MvC3 will not have the lasting popularity and devoted fanbase as MvC2 has had. In 2021, there will not be a large contingent of creative players still playing and discovering new elements of the game. MvC3 looks to be like Marvel vs Capcom easy mode. The developers even said they want to make it more accessible. Translation: dumb it down for the masses. Capcom doesn't care about MvC2 fans, they want to make money, so they are making the game dumb easy.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stupid game companies. Wanting to make money.

Kyougu on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Great, it's the D&D 4th Edition argument all over again.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Because I haven't said it lately:

Howard the Duck, goddammit. He knows Quak Fu.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    More fanboy rage.
    Mark my words: MvC3 will not have the lasting popularity and devoted fanbase as MvC2 has had. In 2021, there will not be a large contingent of creative players still playing and discovering new elements of the game. MvC3 looks to be like Marvel vs Capcom easy mode. The developers even said they want to make it more accessible. Translation: dumb it down for the masses. Capcom doesn't care about MvC2 fans, they want to make money, so they are making the game dumb easy.

Of course their won't be a large contingent of players playing MvC3 in 2021, MvC 4 and 5 will probably be out by then.

Dragkonias on
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I have no idea who Emma Frost is. I don't read comic books and I don't remember her from my days of cartoons when I was little. I think they are trying to pander towards people like me more and will be using characters absolutely everybody knows. You'll only have a few like Super Skrull, Dormammu, and Amaterasu who are for a more niche audience.

Think people who appeared a lot in cartoons and movies.

She's in several cartoons, she was in the Wolverine movie, and will be in the newest Xavier movie.

You're thinking to highly of the regular mainstream "fans" (IE regular people who liked them as kids and the movies now)

I didn't see the train wreck that was Origins, but wasn't that apparently not even actually Emma Frost or something stupid?

Edit: and I'd like to agree with him, I read some comics as a kid and watched almost every episode on TV but had no memory of Emma Frost. I only ran into her a couple months ago and read about her. Her look rings a bell in my head but thats all. And I can gurantee any of my friends wouldn't know her either.
    Never heard of SS either, until recently.

edit again: Here's a good example
    If I said "Street Fighter" most people would be like YEA Blanka, Chun Li, Ryu, Ken etc.
    But when I boot up any game that isn't II I get confused faces when they're picking from..
    Q, Makoto, Dudley, Cody, R. Mika

It's the same thing for super heroes. It's those famous originals that most people come back for.
    This game isn't just for those hard fans.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thor looks pretty neat.

BlindPsychic on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    I bet there's a lawyer manga specifically about that subject. I also bet it's somehow pretty bad-ass.
    M.C. Law wrote:
    Chiryu Mamoru is the former Shibuya Gang King (Crime Boss). Now he’s protecting the streets of Shibuya as the youngest lawyer in history. With an ear piercing as his lawyer badge and law as his weapon, he works to destroy the nest of evil and protect the people. Introducing one lawyer’s all consuming fight against heresy!!

“You can’t protect anything with VIOLENCE… that’s why I choose LAW!!

I was going to reference Sumomo Momomo but the lawyer blocked out all his super martial arts training until the very last episode.

Alternatively, there's always Ryuki's World in Kamen Rider Decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk683_p0lqA

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Those two videos kinda confuse me. Are there suddenly two announcers?

Peewi on
    edited July 2010
    Amaterasu is a beast!

Dragkonias on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that Amaterasu talking? I never played the game but that's what it seemed like

BlindPsychic on