As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LoL: A tank left a guildies HoR hc random right at the start because she gave him the 60 min fort not the 30 min one. He apparently got mad right away, said he wanted 30min fort and rage quit. D:

Love: HoR is a lot of fun to tank with SoComm, ret aura and dps trinkets!

danx on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: Hit lv20 on my horde shaman in only 11 hours /played. Going to get my mount and water totem quests.

Loathe: The horde water totem quest. >:|

Look at it this way: At least now you can use a mount for it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Love: Hit lv20 on my horde shaman in only 11 hours /played. Going to get my mount and water totem quests.

This is true. Since posting that I'm already done with the TM part. Now I get to run back and forth and back and forth!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

This is true. Since posting that I'm already done with the TM part. Now I get to run back and forth and back and forth!

that was just a lot of running around... wait i thought you got wind at 20? lucky for you that one will pretty much just be show up and the dude is like here take this totem, later.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I really hope the totem quests get a little work over in Cata. I did the Alliance one when TBC first came out, and while it wasn't as bad as the Horde one, it was still bad.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I really enjoyed the horde fire totem and the alliance wind totem quests. i like going to little out of the way places that you usually wouldn't explore. I still run up to the horde camp in thousand needles the back way cause it's a fun little trek.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TrappedTrapped Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LoL: My 5.9k gs paladin tank friend put together an ICC 10 for me and a few friends who recently started playing again. My gs was worst at 4.3k, and I had to hide in the sewers until we were ready to go so no one could inspect me - a few people did while I was out in the open and promptly left the group while lol-ing at me.

Fast forward and we get the group together: I end up #2 dps on Saurfang and one or two other fights behind my 5.3k gs DK friend, and we clear 10/12 with only 1 wipe on Putricide before the disc priest needs to go pick up his wife at the airport. Myself and my holy priest friend had never seen the inside of the instance. Epic lolz at the idiots who left that group!

LOVE: Got 4 upgrades from that run, putting me at 4.8k gs (still not enough to get into ICC without a friend managing the run... stupid blue trinkets and rep chest)

Trapped on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Xbox Live: Tycho76
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Love:After a brief lunch break, which turned out to be horrible*, and a few phone calls later, I have completed the dumb water totem quest. Huzzah!

*I decided to use some left overs and try something new. So I pan heated some chicken, added rice, and a little bit of lemon juice. It was un-tasty.

edit Love: I also had a cool 45g sitting for me in my mailbox when I returned. Thanks light leather!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Trapped wrote: »
    Some GS stuff.

People are idiots when it comes to GS. I feels like their mentality is "If it's not easy it's not worth having" which seems to be more common with people these days.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Some GS stuff.

People are idiots when it comes to GS. I feels like their mentality is "If it's not easy it's not worth having" which seems to be more common with people these days.

That's pretty much it. The pug ICC I ran on Monday, you could hear the guy who assembled it get more and more depressed going on. We didn't wipe on the first four, but had issues after that, and he was just like, "uhhh, I should've checked achievements before this," and just getting passive-aggressive. Dude, your instructions are terrible, you've probably never lead one of these before (he wanted to nine-man Festergut... after one of the tanks left), you have no room to think everything should be perfect on this run.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LoL: My 5.9k gs paladin tank friend put together an ICC 10 for me and a few friends who recently started playing again. My gs was worst at 4.3k, and I had to hide in the sewers until we were ready to go so no one could inspect me - a few people did while I was out in the open and promptly left the group while lol-ing at me.

Fast forward and we get the group together: I end up #2 dps on Saurfang and one or two other fights behind my 5.3k gs DK friend, and we clear 10/12 with only 1 wipe on Putricide before the disc priest needs to go pick up his wife at the airport. Myself and my holy priest friend had never seen the inside of the instance. Epic lolz at the idiots who left that group!

LOVE: Got 4 upgrades from that run, putting me at 4.8k gs (still not enough to get into ICC without a friend managing the run... stupid blue trinkets and rep chest)

The really funny part is that you probably wouldn't have gotten to 10/12 if they had stayed in group.

jackal on
  • Options
    TrappedTrapped Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the ironic part of it all is that the people who use gearscore as the end-all be-all are almost always terrible, or at least terrible leaders. So, when they put together groups hoping to skate by on pure gear, they can't manage the group and end up doing terrible.
    Like the 5kgs+ Ulduar 10 that was forming last night. Somehow I bet they wiped on Auriaya.

And yeah jackal, that's definitely the best part. I can't wait 'till I start leading pugs and actually, you know, look at armories to see if people gear/gem/enchant correctly rather than slap on as much unenchanted pvp gear as they can find (which I admit I do with my neck and cloak, but those used to be blues so they really are upgrades).

Trapped on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Xbox Live: Tycho76
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    LoL -

Doing Heroic PoS with my hunter and the BoE dagger drops, which although not optimal, is still an upgrade. I roll need, so does the druid tank while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the AH" and I say "Well I would actually equip it which is why I needed" "Oh well, guess you need to buy one lol"

Fast forward to Ick & Krick

Ick's rotting thumb drops, the Tank cheers.

I roll need while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the vendor"

I didn't win it, but I did get vote kicked :P

I have to ask but, uh, *what* BoE dagger was this?

Dranyth on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I think any BoE is equally useful to everyone since you can use it or sell it and buy something that would be useful. If it something that sells for 30G on the AH then I don't care if someone who would equip it needs on it because it usually isn't worth going through effort of selling it, but if it goes for hundreds or thousands of gold I think everyone should have an equal shot.

jackal on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can see your argument--that selling BOEs means BOEs are useful enough for everyone to roll Need--but considering AH volatility, effort, server differences, etc., I feel like "near-immediate use" should trump "possible monetary gain eventually".

Unless it's a quest item like the Battered Hilt, cuz that use would definitely be not-immediate and even if people could really use the end item, you're never going to be sure they won't claim that then turn around and sell it.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Much to my surprise, the battered hilt still sells for ~10k on my server.

I mean, I expected it to still be expensive, but the price really hasn't gone down much since they lowered the drop rate.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    LoL -

Doing Heroic PoS with my hunter and the BoE dagger drops, which although not optimal, is still an upgrade. I roll need, so does the druid tank while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the AH" and I say "Well I would actually equip it which is why I needed" "Oh well, guess you need to buy one lol"

Fast forward to Ick & Krick

Ick's rotting thumb drops, the Tank cheers.

I roll need while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the vendor"

I didn't win it, but I did get vote kicked :P

Fairly certain he's talking about the BoP random drop dagger. Makes the drood sound like even more of a goosecock though.

Love: my break from wow

Loathe: triple digit numbers. Someone make a new thread!

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A new thread was created by saddly it was locked a couple days ago.

Love: Friday, start of my holidays!

Hope: Putricide 25 HM tonight. Last attempt (which was our first) we got him to 12%.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I think any BoE is equally useful to everyone since you can use it or sell it and buy something that would be useful. If it something that sells for 30G on the AH then I don't care if someone who would equip it needs on it because it usually isn't worth going through effort of selling it, but if it goes for hundreds or thousands of gold I think everyone should have an equal shot.

I have multiple alts all who I would like to see relatively well geared(eventually). Since the random BoE won't be of use to that current character, would it still be wrong to need it? I'd say that most everyone would say yes, probably wrong.

I ask because an ilvl 200 boe world drop(belt i think?) dropped off trash in ICC the other day. I knew that my soon-to-be 80 priest would want it, if only for the time it takes for a better one to drop, which considering my schedule lately could be a long time. Factor in that random heroics factor in gear level for your placements and that ilvl 200 is pretty useful.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    turtleant wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the horde fire totem and the alliance wind totem quests. i like going to little out of the way places that you usually wouldn't explore. I still run up to the horde camp in thousand needles the back way cause it's a fun little trek.

One of my favorite memories from my early WoW days was climbing the mountain in Durotar and fighting the fire elemental. And since it was my first character, it really felt epic.

Edit: Of course, when I was done, I fell off the wrong side of the mountain, which was a barrel of laughs.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    format wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »

I have multiple alts all who I would like to see relatively well geared(eventually). Since the random BoE won't be of use to that current character, would it still be wrong to need it? I'd say that most everyone would say yes, probably wrong.

I ask because an ilvl 200 boe world drop(belt i think?) dropped off trash in ICC the other day. I knew that my soon-to-be 80 priest would want it, if only for the time it takes for a better one to drop, which considering my schedule lately could be a long time. Factor in that random heroics factor in gear level for your placements and that ilvl 200 is pretty useful.

My rule of thumb is 200 blue is fine to need on, but 200 purple isn't. That' isn't to say I would call someone out for purple, but I don't even mind someone needing on blues (although I wouldn't need on them).

jackal on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »
    LoL -

Doing Heroic PoS with my hunter and the BoE dagger drops,

Fairly certain he's talking about the BoP random drop dagger. Makes the drood sound like even more of a goosecock though.

See, this is what I was kind of concerned about. If it was the Unsharpened Ice Razor, that's BoP and the druid is much more of a dick for rolling on it.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If the game lets me need something, and one of my characters might need it, I need it.

Or if someone else really wants it and is a dick, I'll need it.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: [On Wings of Nether] Get :^: No more dailies!

Loathe: Looks like another week of no ICC :(

Aeyther on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    danx wrote: »
    LoL: A tank left a guildies HoR hc random right at the start because she gave him the 60 min fort not the 30 min one. He apparently got mad right away, said he wanted 30min fort and rage quit. D:

Is there some sort of stupid but distantly sane reason this makes sense, or is that guy completely retarded? I mean, if it were the other way around that'd still be stupid to get mad over but at least it would make some sort of sense.

Smasher on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Happy: Server transfer went through in less than 10 minutes. Now my little mage has heirlooms. Whoo, spell power!
    Happier: There are actually people on this server! And people doing raids. So that's good.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Smasher wrote: »

Is there some sort of stupid but distantly sane reason this makes sense, or is that guy completely retarded? I mean, if it were the other way around that'd still be stupid to get mad over but at least it would make some sort of sense.

Well today on my paladin I had a DK tank bitch at me for an entire instance because I wouldn't give him Blessing of Kings. I gave him Greater Blessing of Kings at the start of the instance, and it was up for the entire instance, and yet he kept bitching about me not giving him 10m Kings.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Should have given him Wisdom.

Grobian on
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: Became the "11th Man" in a friends 10 man ICC and have, in the past few weeks, been invited pretty much every time (and have found raiding can be a lot of fun having previously avoided it for most of the rest of my time in WoW).

Love+1: Got heroic princes down last night which just leaves three achievements between me and mah bone drake. I also got a H. Blade of Culling for my tank set, a H. neck for my DPS set and my first piece of Sanctified gear.

Love+2: Got my Rusted protodrake on Thursday.

Love+3: Got Loremaster of Kalimdor finished on my DK finally - just half of Outland to go for the title.

Love+∞: Ravenlord get! Ran that so many times, enough times to have seen four drop, but finally I've got mine.

Lulls: We wiped something like eight on trash times last night, but only once or twice on the seven bosses we downed - this was generally due to shenanigans and hi jinx though (tanks turning off threat buffs, misdirects/TotT on DPS/healers) so was mostly amusing.

Loathe: Will miss raiding with these guys come Cata as most of them will be going 25 mans.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    EWom wrote: »

Well today on my paladin I had a DK tank bitch at me for an entire instance because I wouldn't give him Blessing of Kings. I gave him Greater Blessing of Kings at the start of the instance, and it was up for the entire instance, and yet he kept bitching about me not giving him 10m Kings.

I believe all the extra long versions of buffs go away once you leave the group, but the shorter ones stay.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Love: My shaman. I queue for instances as a healer but I specced elemental. So far it's cake. Not to mention I melt faces when I'm questing. I imagine this love will only become greater when I make my Dwarf shaman in Cataclysm.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »

I believe all the extra long versions of buffs go away once you leave the group, but the shorter ones stay.

This is true.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hate: Undying run I went on last night got fucked up because the tank:

1): Didn't have Righteous Fury on, and didn't understand why he should;
    2): Wouldn't pull Patchwerk out of the slime.

Also Hate: PvP mounts. 250,000 honor is a lot of honor. Luckily Horde wins everything but AV on our server.

Love: Old raid leader is coming back to the game.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also Hate: PvP mounts. 250,000 honor is a lot of honor. Luckily Horde wins everything but AV on our server.

Cash in your Stone Keeper Shards for honor. Hmmm, tasty honor.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm also curious if these idiots monitor buffs like kings with NeedToKnow, or something. Though that would imply a modicum of intelligence to setup so I just don't know.

Monsty on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I know. Even with that it's a lot of honor.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I know. Even with that it's a lot of honor.

Don't buy all 5 at once? :P

As for dude whining about 60 minute fort over 30, I'd apologize, tell him to erase it and I'd make it right...

...And give him rank 1.
    Then deliver an elegant "Go fuck yourself" and top it off with Amplify Magic.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hate: Burned though about 10k levelling professions across 3 characters

Love: I'm almost entirely self sufficient. I've got a master flask spec herb/alchemist, miner/engineer, skinning/LWer, jewelcrafter, and a 400ish tailor/enchanter. That should pay for itself once I no longer have to find someone else to cut gems, make flasks, enchant, or anything like that. All I need is a blacksmith, but I remember the trek to 300 being a real pain.

Javen on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loathe: Fuck you, Engineering.

I grinded the schematic for Jeeves last night. I grinded Khorium most of the morning to make the TBC repair bots. I then grinded to make vanilla repair bots. I have the Scrapbots, the cobalt bolts, almost all the Titansteel, and what is stopping me?

449/450 Engineering.

I have a Wormhole Generator, and 232 head (making Weakness Spectralisers irrelevant). And yet I have made no less than 38 Gnomish Army Knives (green skill up at this point). Still. No. Fucking. Skill up.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can you skill up from Moll-E? The mats are cheap, and it binds on use, so it can be resold.

Samphis on
This discussion has been closed.