As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to take this moment to bitch about them using the classic Thor design instead of the Ultimate or even the movie design.

I just picture Thor with a beard, that's all.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • HenryVapeHenryVape Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I though the womans voice was tied to Amateratsu at first, but shes not in the Thor video is she?

HenryVape on
    tf2_sig.png
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that Amaterasu talking? I never played the game but that's what it seemed like

Nah, Ammy doesn't talk. She has a Navi-esque partner who does, but that seems to be an announcer voice as its talking about combos and appears in Thor's video as well.

Fig-D on
  • RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If we can't get Captain Commando, can we at least have Thor inherit his Captain Corridor move?

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If we can't get Captain Commando, can we at least have Thor inherit his Captain Corridor move?

Looks like Dante has the Captain Corridor move.

Dragkonias on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that Amaterasu talking? I never played the game but that's what it seemed like
    Nah, she never talks, she's a wolf.
    Love seeing attacks from Okami in this. :D

Glal on
    edited July 2010
    Musan wrote: »
    Oh yea, custom intros as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf816Pj-36s

Other notes from this video:

Captain America's bad ass theme music from the earlier VS games is back!

Ryu's Hadoken phased out Ironman's Uni-Beam (usually a 3-hit beam projectile).

Hit box on Ironman's Repulsar Blast is haxx :P .

Ammy is awesome :3 .

Fig-D on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess that's good to hear that the hadouken phased out the unibeam I wonder if that means the hadouken is 3 hit or if both attacks just hit once

Dixon on
    edited July 2010
    Dixon wrote: »
    I guess that's good to hear that the hadouken phased out the unibeam I wonder if that means the hadouken is 3 hit or if both attacks just hit once

Hadoken is single hit, Uni-Beam is three. It means that projectiles flat cancel each other out, taking away the zoning advantage that beam characters had over characters with single hit projectiles in the earlier VS games.

Fig-D on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's good.

Dragkonias on
  • MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That remix seems cool from what I can hear of it, I'll probably have to dial down the sound effects/speech volume in the options in order to enjoy them more.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Amaterasu looks like a lot of fun; glad to see her on the roster.

I guess I can field my dream team of Deadpool, Dante, and Amaterasu against my friends.

Two Pricks, One Bitch coming at ya!

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm really wolfing this video down

Furu on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm howling for more personally.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love Amaterasu's theme.

Kelor on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »

Hadoken is single hit, Uni-Beam is three. It means that projectiles flat cancel each other out, taking away the zoning advantage that beam characters had over characters with single hit projectiles in the earlier VS games.

That's really good then, unibeam assist was always annoying.

Dixon on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The one thing that really strikes me as I watch more of these videos is that Chris Redfield just looks so out of place.

Also Thor is awesome. I should totally buy a Thor hat for when this game comes out.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thor seems hax. A spinning pile driver-esque move, that you can combo into for more? At least Zangief always jumped back.

Also, Amaterasu Izuna Drop. FUCK. YES. Now I'm curious to see her Lv. 3 super. Celestial Brush Slash? Better yet...

Shun Goku Satsu at 0:21

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thor seems hax. A spinning pile driver-esque move, that you can combo into for more? At least Zangief always jumped back.
    The entire off-the-ground mechanic seems a lot more lenient in this game than in MvC2. In MvC2 you could only hit someone off a knockdown once per combo. Here, the OTG window is long enough to let Hulk do a full air combo, land, and then super them off the ground. I'm wondering if they took recovery rolls out of the game.

SabreMau on
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This and Diablo 3 are my only games on wishlist for next year (i'm a poor cunt.)

hadoken on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to adopt Ammy.
    okami_gh.jpg

And there's Issun, being a little douche as usual. Olivia's all like "My face is up here! And stop talking so much!"

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to take this moment to bitch about them using the classic Thor design instead of the Ultimate or even the movie design.

Aside from Ultimate, when has Thor ever had a beard? The non-beard version is far more normal than the other ones. I don't remember seeing him in a beard from something like comics from the 70s all the way until the present.

Aside from that, it looks like the roster has a great selection of really unique fighters. Seems to be a lot less overlap in attacks and styles than MvC2. I'm especially liking Thor's style; looks like he gets some charged attacks as well?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So are there any supposed leaked rosters that are still viable after all of these character reveals? I think the inclusion of Amaterasu really kills off most of them, from what I remember.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Aside from Ultimate, when has Thor ever had a beard? The non-beard version is far more normal than the other ones. I don't remember seeing him in a beard from something like comics from the 70s all the way until the present.

Aside from that, it looks like the roster has a great selection of really unique fighters. Seems to be a lot less overlap in attacks and styles than MvC2. I'm especially liking Thor's style; looks like he gets some charged attacks as well?

No way, he's a viking, he needs a beard.

Godfather on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He's a space viking, so no beard

Furu on
    edited July 2010
    I have an eye patch and a beard, so your argument is crushed.

Godfather on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did we even see any of Ammy's special moves there, supers aside? I assumed all the mirror/sword/whip stuff were just normal attacks and her specials would be celestial brushes like the Slash and Bomb.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Godfather wrote: »

No way, he's a viking, he needs a beard.

He did have a beard for about 5 years.

He also had Brittle bones and scars.

So yeah.

Nobody liked it so he want back to normal.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

1749_4_433.jpg

Eric Masterson was here, says fuck yeah.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The two other Thors on that cover seem to say "No beard.".

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited July 2010
    I dunno, this looks pretty manly

ThorOdinson8.jpg

Also, why is this one of the first images google pulls up when I searched "Thor's beard"?

pgbust.jpg

I can hear the neckbeards frothing at the mouth already.

Godfather on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I linked the wrong image, corrected that.

Eric Masterson would be more interesting than plain, stealth-outfit Thor.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It is offical. Team deadpool, superskrull, Ammy has been formed.

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Really liking the art style of this, and it looks fun! True to the MvC style. Hoping Gambit makes it in, but seeing as how I haven't heard anything lately of the gambit movie, and him usually left out of games not expecting it. Howard the duck would be cool to see too. I never knew he was a comic book character, I probably would have read it as a kid. Loved the movie. The chick was hot.......

Tommatt on
  • CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So what does the ammy ultra with the 4 kanji do?

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never said a beard was bad, I'm just saying that "beard" and "Thor" are not the norm for the comics. Plus, if he's going to have a bear he should have a proper beard, not this neat, well-kept nonsense. Needs to be mighty achievement of follicle fortitude. Think mythical dwarves, but over 6 feet tall and wielding eldritch powers.

I have to say I don't like the headlights on Ultimate Thor. Yes, I know, he's the god of thunder. The only thing illuminating him at night should be heavenly bolts of lightning, not a sextuplet of torso highbeams.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You know, Godfather, all of your posts on these threads seem to be variations on "You know (name of character not in mainstream media)? NERD!"

Allow me to be blunt: What do you have against comic book readers?

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    edited July 2010
    Thor's costume in general is pretty stupid looking, the only reason nobody calls him out on it is because he could crush them like a grape.

EDIT: Got nothing against comic books, i'm just not that into them.

I have had a really bad case of getting penalized for liking very popular characters from comic book fans and then shunned for not knowing every single obscure character. This happens at my school all the time, and it's kinda annoying!

Godfather on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    So what does the ammy ultra with the 4 kanji do?

Well, in the game, it slows down time, so it either gives her ultra-quickness or slows/freezes the enemy.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    edited July 2010
    Most superhero costumes look stupid. Only the great heroes get to have costumes which have gone from "stupid" to "classic".

Ninja Snarl P on