As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Debate and Discourse [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will, I think you and I would get along swimmingly.

When someone is that judgmental of other people in person, it's a lot more entertaining to me than it is on the internet.

Like, I had a friend in college who just judged everybody and talked loudly about it with his friends. I mean, I'd never want to date him or be, like, best friends with him or something, but he was a pretty funny guy and it was fun to hang out with him.

i'm probably a lot more tolerant of stuff in real life than i am on the interbutts

like, i might not care for someone's choices but i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and it's not really my place to tell them how to live their lives

i dunno. chu and sarks hung out with me some over pax. they'd probably have a better perspective on it.

i said it a while back, but yeah.

in person will's grumpy affectations don't shine through that way. they seem fraternal/paternal, not finger pointing like nelson muntz, haha 'fuck that guy' kind of stuff. he just kind of smiles, looks down, and shakes his head sadly. it's the indulgent disapproval of someone who's been where you are and wants intensely to let you know that in 10 years you'll realize you were being incredibly lame- for your own good.

i think will would be a good big brother.

this is a nice compliment

you say nice things, chu

thanks

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    i don't really have any sort of 'fuck him' macho pride, to speak of. i've had like, a carton of eggs thrown at me by dickheaded teenagers and kept walking, people shout names at me or whatever and not cared. a lot of it just had to do with your environment, and it's not something that can really be understood by someone who hasn't had to endure it.

Organichu on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    there's been more than one occasion back when i was single where i would see someone in a bar or something and be like "oh they're pretty attrac-..."

and then i'd notice the ear stretching

then i'd go back to my drink and move along

It makes me sad that you and I will never get to do it. Breaks my heart.

You just want someone to stick it in your earhole.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think a few of you seem like you'd get into fights over pretty bullshit things

or at least you try to project that image

I would work pretty hard to avoid a fight

like I could walk away from pretty much any verbal provocation

I think someone would actually have to hit me in the face to start a fight

although on the flip side I am pretty okay with confrontation in general

so maybe that makes me more likely to get punched in the face

I dunno

I'm much more likely to try to talk things out now then when I was younger. I haven't been in a proper fight in a decade or so, although I did get punched in the face a few months back.

Thomamelas on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    there's been more than one occasion back when i was single where i would see someone in a bar or something and be like "oh they're pretty attrac-..."

This is how I am with smoking.

i am also like this with smoking

i wouldn't date smokers

smoking is gross man

Pony on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I think a few of you seem like you'd get into fights over pretty bullshit things

or at least you try to project that image

There is a difference between getting in a fight and being swung at

I want to live where you live if you've never been swung at on a night out or at a concert by some drunken idiot

I've been around a lot of drunken idiots but none of them have swung at me

well except my brother

Casual Eddy on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sad that you're not making it to PAX West this year, Will.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to make it to PAX East in March.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »
    yay people like my voice

Post that video of you talking about guns on your bed.

Then they will know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBsRl3bYWeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk22y3jdJAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pBBem2eYo4

ladies

Organichu on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i don't really have any sort of 'fuck him' macho pride, to speak of. i've had like, a carton of eggs thrown at me by dickheaded teenagers and kept walking, people shout names at me or whatever and not cared. a lot of it just had to do with your environment, and it's not something that can really be understood by someone who hasn't had to endure it.

Yeah, fighting is a waste of time unless it's in self defense or in defense of others, even for obnoxious shit.

Incenjucar on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man it is a good thing I am married because I would not be able to pull much chat ass

skippydumptruck on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hi eddy

i met eddy he is nice he brought some ridiculous beer it SMELLED LIKE GRAPES

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited July 2010
    i am also like this with smoking

i wouldn't date smokers

smoking is gross man

My very best friend is a smoker. It breaks my heart every goddamn day.

Incenjucar on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also, I have an industrial, and I like it, even though it does sometimes get caught on things and sleeping directly on it kind of sucks.
    artichoke.jpg

I'm on the right

MrMister on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's no one to come with me when I get my piercing. I need real life friends.

Silas Brown on
    edited July 2010
    It looks like you have a shoddy graphic designer and your glasses model is clipping through your ear geometry.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Yeah, fighting is a waste of time unless it's in self defense or in defense of others, even for obnoxious shit.

what i'm getting at is that there are some neighborhoods where defense of self/others is so common a need that people who've never had to live in that kind of environment... don't really understand. like, they assume you're the problem.

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    hi eddy

it was pretty good I thought

it was nice to meet you too

Casual Eddy on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty to highly ashamed of every fight I've gotten into.

Greeper on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MrMister looks like Hugh Laurie.

Silas Brown on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    I kind of look at Irond Will as my internet dad. I mean that in a nice way.

Cardboard Tube is more of my internet dad. Emotionally distant and only interacts with me to punish my ass or insult me.

Premier kakos on
    edited July 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    Also, I have an industrial, and I like it, even though it does sometimes get caught on things and sleeping directly on it kind of sucks.
    artichoke.jpg

I'm on the right

I can't tell if you are more They Might Be Giants or Talking Heads

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sad that you're not making it to PAX West this year, Will.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to make it to PAX East in March.

yeah i'm disappointed as well

just a lot of expenses kind of lined up this year

my parents pressured me into vacationing with them in colorado

and i'm buying frankie lasic for her birthday

finally paid off my lingering grad school loans

on top of just having spent a lot of money in general.

i def am looking forward to paxeast next year, even if it's being held in a lamer part of town than the last one. i can't really overstate how much fun i had hanging out with my internets friends

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited July 2010
    what i'm getting at is that there are some neighborhoods where defense of self/others is so common a need that people who've never had to live in that kind of environment... don't really understand. like, they assume you're the problem.

Yeah, I've been there.

I was the nicest kid in the whole damn world, but most of you have heard my stories about other kids trying to stab me all the time and coming at me in packs.

Incenjucar on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been around a lot of drunken idiots but none of them have swung at me

Yeah, I've never been swung at or been in a fight.

That was not on my list of concerns when considering a piercing.

MrMister on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    artichoke.jpg

I'm on the right

It looks like your glasses go through your ears.

Which makes you a hardcore academic.

Or a bionic philosopher.

Or something.

Apothe0sis on
    edited July 2010
    you're too good for where you live choo!

Casual Eddy on
    edited July 2010
    hi eddy

it was pretty good I thought

it was nice to meet you too

Sam Adams longshot winner bock tasted of grape peel.

It was pretty good.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited July 2010

i'm a pretty princess

stuck in the darkest, dankest tower

Organichu on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Megaherz's album Herzwerk is pretty rad.

So what's up, [chat]?

Nova_C on
    edited July 2010

I'm also brilliant and highly critical in bemusingly witty ways!

MrMister on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've never just gotten into a random street confrontation that ended in blood.

Had my ass kicked once by a then-girlfriend's ex boyfriend. One time got mugged with pepper spray (that fucking sucks, btw). Other than that it's been either in the ring or domestic. Or drunken messing around with friends.

TL DR on
    edited July 2010

i'm a pretty princess

stuck in the darkest, dankest tower

Come to Seattle.

They only beat us princesses here if we're into it. :winky:

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2010
    mrmr has looked like a literally different person in every picture i've seen of him

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited July 2010

I'm also brilliant and highly critical in bemusingly witty ways!

My first thought was Egon from the Ghostbusters movie.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2010
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Or a bionic philosopher.

This should be a character in a steampunk something.

MrMister on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man I had an awesome time in the city last night. I was p. Drunk and ate a meat pie!

Confusing Euphemisms!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It makes me sad that you and I will never get to do it. Breaks my heart.

This happened to me!

Was chatting with this cute girl and she accidentally popped out one of her erring spacer thingies and I was immediately all "Eww". Turns out she stretches them out and then lets them close up and just keeps repeating and she never stretches them way out, only to about 3/8". Which just looks like a normal earrings honestly so I was far less disturbed.

Of course the bouncer had like 2" holes in his lobes. How dumb do you have to be to be a bouncer and do that? It's like "Here, I've installed rings to make it easier for you to yank my face into your forhead, enjoy!"

HappylilElf on
    edited July 2010
    Will, I think you and I would get along swimmingly.

When someone is that judgmental of other people in person, it's a lot more entertaining to me than it is on the internet.

Like, I had a friend in college who just judged everybody and talked loudly about it with his friends. I mean, I'd never want to date him or be, like, best friends with him or something, but he was a pretty funny guy and it was fun to hang out with him.

i'm probably a lot more tolerant of stuff in real life than i am on the interbutts

like, i might not care for someone's choices but i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and it's not really my place to tell them how to live their lives

i dunno. chu and sarks hung out with me some over pax. they'd probably have a better perspective on it.

i said it a while back, but yeah.

in person will's grumpy affectations don't shine through that way. they seem fraternal/paternal, not finger pointing like nelson muntz, haha 'fuck that guy' kind of stuff. he just kind of smiles, looks down, and shakes his head sadly. it's the indulgent disapproval of someone who's been where you are and wants intensely to let you know that in 10 years you'll realize you were being incredibly lame- for your own good.

i think will would be a good big brother.

this is a nice compliment

you say nice things, chu

thanks

you're welcome

you made a very positive impression on me

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    mrmr has looked like a literally different person in every picture i've seen of him

I'm actually a superhero, and taking confusing pictures is a necessary step towards concealing my identity.

MrMister on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    okay off to the movies for like 6 hours

this is going to be excellent

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.