As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Debate and Discourse [chat]

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CORBIUS

Check your mails for a CD! I'm hoping it came today.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also will u should not move to san diego because skippy is supposed to move to boulder!!1!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PP, depending on which way you are coming in there is the Continental off of Hampden which has been there for ages or there is one off Yosemite I guess. I haven't been to the latter. And the Continental I haven't been to since like Episode 1, since it was the largest screen in Denver till the imax stuff came out.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    i have gone to a strip club once, and i was repulsed by it and refuse to ever do so again

The last time I went was because my girlfriend at the time and my best friend's wife dragged us out there.

They realized I'd never had a lap dance so they all bought me one.

So I sat there akwardly feeling all kinds of uncomfortable.

Then afterwards my girlfriend sent me a text asking me "How was that for you?"

I responded "Honestly? She's got nothing on you"

This somehow started an argument that ended with her crying, me freaked out wondering what the hell just happened and a my friend's cousin getting in the middle and telling me to leave.

Which I did, alone, walking the dozen or so blocks back to the bar I'd left my car at.

Fuck strip clubs man.

HappylilElf on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i have gone to a strip club once, and i was repulsed by it and refuse to ever do so again

I just don't see the fun of a naked woman you can't have the sexins with.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    CORBIUS

I will tell my mother to check it because I am in Korea!

Sorry I totally thought that cd thing would take like WAY LONGER to get going, and I would be back in the States by then.

But I will totally send yours out this week!

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    PP, depending on which way you are coming in there is the Continental off of Hampden which has been there for ages or there is one off Yosemite I guess. I haven't been to the latter. And the Continental I haven't been to since like Episode 1, since it was the largest screen in Denver till the imax stuff came out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=Fb5jZQId0Ku8-SnnHF991_hrhzF0GEUM2zb21g%3BFezSXAIdDGa_-SGPgoA3a7Y71Q&q=2141+santa+fe+drive+longmont+colorado+to+micro+center+denver+colorado&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.587666,79.013672&ie=UTF8&ll=39.920269,-104.985352&spn=1.046889,2.469177&z=9&saddr=2141+santa+fe+drive+longmont+colorado&daddr=micro+center+denver+colorado

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    you were comparing her to a stripper

Organichu on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Saw a burlesque show after a concert (yes, it was weird). I was standing kinda off to the side of the stage cause it was the only place where I could maybe kinda see anything. Anyways, it turns out that's where the... burlesquers(?) were standing and cheering on their colleagues after finishing, so I was standing like next to some extraordinarily gorgeous and scantilly clad womenfolk. I had a very hard time finding the balance between cheering (since they were, it'd be rude not to right?) and not being a creep.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited July 2010

The last time I went was because my girlfriend at the time and my best friend's wife dragged us out there.

This somehow started an argument that ended with her crying, me freaked out wondering what the hell just happened and a my friend's cousin getting in the middle and telling me to leave.

Which I did, alone, walking the dozen or so blocks back to the bar I'd left my car at.

Fuck strip clubs man.

the people with whom you associate confuse me

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just woke up from a very loud western themed dream. Like, there was music in the dream set to a ridiculous volume. Like surround sound in my head.

was there any painting of wagons?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited July 2010
    The one off Colorado blvd is pretty easy to get to. Its easy to pick out as well being right next to Dave and Busters.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have been to the Korean "sexy girl" bars a few times. Not strip clubs, but bars filled with attractive women in their underwear who serve you expensive beer and will talk with you and pretend to find you interesting.

Of course none of them spoke English, so the entire experience was kind of a waste.

Lots of hot girls however.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Like I went to a burlesque ball last year in a shirt and jeans (It was short notice) and I felt woefully underdressed

I felt bad about that since some people put so much effort into it

and by people I mean women because jesus christ corset training sounds fucking awful D:

Tav on
    edited July 2010
    The one off Colorado blvd is pretty easy to get to. Its easy to pick out as well being right next to Dave and Busters.

I don't know denver at all you should choose.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Love that one.

That one and the one off Hampden(at Southmoor) (Which is like in walking distance), are the ones I'm always at.

Greeper on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Fuck strip clubs man.

the people with whom you associate confuse me

It's Fargo. I think there's something in the damn water.

HappylilElf on
    edited July 2010
    Greeps you can come as well, but I say we do the Continental. It is right off the highway at Hampden on your way back. They have a 7:15 showing on the big screen as well. It is a cool theater, I remember seeing ID4 there opening day.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    CORBIUS

I will tell my mother to check it because I am in Korea!

Sorry I totally thought that cd thing would take like WAY LONGER to get going, and I would be back in the States by then.

But I will totally send yours out this week!
    Oh shitz, that's right, I forgot.

When do you get back?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2010
    Greeps you can come as well, but I say we do the Continental. It is right off the highway at Hampden on your way back. They have a 7:15 showing on the big screen as well. It is a cool theater, I remember seeing ID4 there opening day.

You know I really should see Inception...

awrwiota.

Okay fine.

Greeper on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I just woke up from a very loud western themed dream. Like, there was music in the dream set to a ridiculous volume. Like surround sound in my head.

No, but there were some really weird looking buildings, drama, and an orchestra in my head. Fucking woke up with a headache, that's how loud that shit was.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I go to the strip clubs with some of my best friends whenever we're in the same town. It's kind of our thing. Our group tradition. Once or twice a year we get together, sit at a table in the club, have a beer or two and chat away while naked ladies dance all around us.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2010
    Wonder if we could talk Kakos on coming out of his shell and joining us. That and I think it might still be open, there is an awesome ramen place down Hampden as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    Wonder if we could talk Kakos on coming out of his shell and joining us. That and I think it might still be open, there is an awesome ramen place down Hampden as well.

I've never been but it's still open.

I see it every time I go to whole foods.

Greeper on
    edited July 2010
    Do you dudes want to do dinner as well?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2010
    I went there about 2 weeks ago, I was thinking more post movie ramen. Not sure how late it is open. The waitress there was fucking fine last time I went.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    I have been to the Korean "sexy girl" bars a few times. Not strip clubs, but bars filled with attractive women in their underwear who serve you expensive beer and will talk with you and pretend to find you interesting.

Of course none of them spoke English, so the entire experience was kind of a waste.

Are those basically the Korean take on Host clubs? Or whatever my vague idea of a Host club is

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Also what is this crazy ramen shit of which you speak? Is it the same as the cheap noodles or whatever that college people eat?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2010

Are those basically the Korean take on Host clubs? Or whatever my vague idea of a Host club is

I've never heard of a Host club before?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2010
    Oh.

I think it closes at 10.

Greeper on
    edited July 2010
    Also what is this crazy ramen shit of which you speak? Is it the same as the cheap noodles or whatever that college people eat?

This place is a real ramen place. Home made broth, awesome noodles, meat and a hardboiled egg. Looks like they are only open till 9, so if we go we have to go before the movie.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    Here, PP this is what real ramen looks like.

oshimaramen_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    mmmm. Delicious.

Greeper on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

No, but there were some really weird looking buildings, drama, and an orchestra in my head. Fucking woke up with a headache, that's how loud that shit was.

you need a new sound engineer
    or new sound dampening velvet drapes in your brain

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm the timing is getting a little dicey... I need to go buy this part, and I don't know how long that is going to take, and then meet you guys for dinner before the movie? What time would you guys be thinking?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2010
    Richy wrote: »

Host/Hostess clubs are places where instead of strippers, there are scantily clad/sexy dressed girls who will drink with you and pretend you're interesting. So instead of watching naked girls, you get the company of one for a while. There's also a practice of going on paid dates with customers.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited July 2010
    We can skip dinner if need be no worries. I have some chicken I bought today I can marinate, grill and serve with a side of rice and baby spinach salad.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    Richy wrote: »

Host/Hostess clubs are places where instead of strippers, there are scantily clad/sexy dressed girls who will drink with you and pretend you're interesting. So instead of watching naked girls, you get the company of one for a while. There's also a practice of going on paid dates with customers.

I don't know how it works in the US, but in Québec strippers stop by your table and chat for a while to get you interested before moving on to the lap dancing.

No paid dates though, I guess that's different.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I want to go to a real ramen place.

Maybe I'll go to one when I'm in Seattle.

Silas Brown on
    edited July 2010
    We can skip dinner if need be no worries. I have some chicken I bought today I can marinate, grill and serve with a side of rice and baby spinach salad.

Might be best to skip dinner or do dinner after.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.