As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 7-21-10: Now it's down to us

2»

• Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my MOTW, similar to last week, is receiving ABSOLUTE PLANETARY Vol 2.

can't wait to read the entire series since i never did finish it.

Rans on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MOTW: Issues #1 and #2 of Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard. Wow are these gorgeous. Mice are sitting in a tavern, and the barkeep proposes that the mouse with the best story will have his bar tab waived.

She tells them: "Three rules: Tell no complete truths, no complete falsehoods, and tell me a tale I never heard."

Each story is written and drawn by someone different, so it's a nice blend of bite-sized (mouse-sized?) stories, each with their own flavor but all true to the Mouse Guard feel.

Alex-Sheikman-LotG-Page.jpg

The opening story of issue #1 is my favorite so far, set in the distant mouse past and with an appropriately lofty and chivalrous tone.

I can't give MOTW to Black Widow #4, but I'm liking this series. I like street level powered Marvel, whether it's crime, espionage, or ninjas. I like seeing characters slinking around and betraying each other in the shadows of Marvel big leaguers like the Avengers. Of course, amidst the clipped dialog and bullet trains and Enzo Ferraris, there are still silly little touches like the black widow logo on her dirtbike helmet. This might be a title that's better served in trade format than monthlies, but Sneaky Avengers fans might be interested in flipping through it. I'm a fan of Daniel Acuna's art, as well, which I think works better for this style of book than over the top 4-color super capes type books.

desc on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Going to have to be Prince of Power this week. A great comic, with very nice art.

Solar on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got Scott Pilgrim 2-5 in the mail yesterday but I didn't read them because I found my old copy of Mister Blank lying around. Munch and Douglas and anyone who likes crazy off the wall stuff should be interested in that one.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    desc wrote: »
    MOTW: Issues #1 and #2 of Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard. Wow are these gorgeous. Mice are sitting in a tavern, and the barkeep proposes that the mouse with the best story will have his bar tab waived.

She tells them: "Three rules: Tell no complete truths, no complete falsehoods, and tell me a tale I never heard."

This is literally my most favorite framing device ever, so I suspect I'm going to have to pick these up. Thanks!

P.S. I guess I should also read the Decameron and the Canterbury Tales or whatever.

Delduwath on