As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DEAD [Let's Play!] Persona 2: Part 3! Pride and Masks

2»

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Next update coming today or tommorow, been job searching for my cousin and hes a completely mooch.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sorry for the absence, had to work all weekend and missed out on leisure time. Here we go!
    We're gonna let Eikichi handle himself, he's a big boy after all.

ScreenHunter_199Jul052214.jpg
    Or maybe not...

Head
    Looks like you finally see it my way! Dyhahahahaha... Alright then! I could beat you with one arm behind my back... And you couldn't fight back with both of 'em! Now you'll know how humiliated you made ME feel!

eikichi1-1.jpg
    You bastard... You're still holding a grudge because of the time I pulled your pants down in elementary school?

Head
    Naturally! It was all your fault, I... the girl I liked totally rejected me!

eikichi1-1.jpg
    Maybe she rejected you because you were just a little punk who went around bullying weaker kids..

Head
    Lies! All of it, lies!! It was all your fault! Everything was your fault!

ScreenHunter_208Jul052214.jpg
    Sugimoto takes a couple of swipes at Eikichi, but he dodges them all.

Head
    Huff, huff, huff... Damn it!! The Head should be stronger then the Gang Leader!!

eikichibloodied.jpg
    Well, because of what you did... I'm not the leader of the gang anymore!!

ScreenHunter_212Jul052215.jpg

eikichibloodied.jpg
    And just 'cause the Head's stronger then some gang leader, doesn't mean that you, Hiroki Sugimoto, are stronger than Eikichi Mishina!! This time, you deserve a beating rather then you just getting your pants pulled down!

ScreenHunter_216Jul052215.jpg

eikichi3-1.jpg
    I don't know if I made Suigmoto realize his mistake... Maybe what I did made me just like him... I was always telling everyone 'don't bully the weak”, and thinkin' of myself as some kinda champion of justice... But it was all just talk, nothin' more. Using my Persona to attack others didn't really prove anything... I wasn't really bein' a man.

ginko1.jpg
    Aiyaa! What happened to the old you? The narcissistic one? You seem to have, umm... Well.. Gotten kinda cool!

maya.jpg
    Yeah, yeah! Without using his Persona, Eikichi proved he's a real man!

eikichi3-1.jpg
    I'm just sorry I didn't realize it earlier.. I guess from now on, I'm not a gang leader anymore. Uhh, hey... Hanakoji... Are you okay....? Well, obviously not, huh?

miyabi-1.jpg
    Miyabi
    I'm sorry, Eikichi! I got you into this mess... I'm really sorry!!

eikichi3-1.jpg
    Hey, I'm just fine! I'm more concerned about your wound there....

Miyabi
    Don't! Don't look at me, Eikichi... I'm so sorry!!

Miyabi storms out, leaving Sugimoto to be interrogated.

ScreenHunter_228Jul052216.jpg

sugimoto.jpg
    Sugimoto
    Urbb... I'll dalk! I'll del yuh ebrydin'!

yukino.jpg
    Why did the students at K'ass High spread a rumor that the emblems were cursed?

sugimoto.jpg
    Sugimoto
    Da... Da sduden' body prezuhdin' as'd me do... Da bass judgemen' on Sebbens... De'n da Massa Jokuh gabe me bowers!

eikichibasement.jpg
    Yasuo... I rejected him back then.. So he moved on to Suigmoto!?

maya2.jpg
    What was the purpose of having all of those people attend an assembly?What kind of “assembly” was it?

sugimoto.jpg
    Sugimoto
    Massa Jokuh gabe all o' d'em d'eir ideal dream... Da'day was da dime do hav 'em join up, I 'eard. An' anodder din'... I 'eard d'at a new leader, Lady Scorbion, was subbvosed to abbeer ad da assembly. I juss 'eard 'bout it da'day....D'ass all I know... Blease lemme go....

eikichibasement.jpg
    It doesn't seem like you're lying.... Okay, I'm gonna forgive you. Just as long as you never deal with the Joker again!

ginko2.jpg
    Now the rumored mastermind is finally unveiled... The student body president of K'ass-u-gay-ama High's the one we're after! We'll catch him and force him to tell us anything!

And that does it for this place. Looks like we're heading to Kasugayama to find the student body president, but first we're gonna go spread some rumors for some prizes. Middle of the road experiment go!

ScreenHunter_240Jul052218.jpg

Also the Detective Agency is really close to the school.

ScreenHunter_242Jul052222.jpg

eikichischool.jpg
    Yeah... This was all st up by that bastard Yasuo. That jerk actually thinks he's doing all this for the school. He thinks he's being magnanimous... He should be in the student body meeting room on the second floor. Everything about that guy makes me want to puke!! Let's just get this over with!!

Most of the doors are closed with student festival activities.

ScreenHunter_246Jul052223.jpg

Erm... moving on. We learn a new contact with Tatsuya and Eikichi being rivals in a second floor room. We move into the meeting room to find some council members.

ScreenHunter_251Jul052231.jpg

Excited Student Council Member
    That's right! If anything happened to you, Michelle, it'd be the end of Kasugayama High!

eikichischool.jpg
    What's with you guys all of a sudden? Weren't you Yasuo's yes-men? Aren't I supposed to be your enemy?

Serious Student Council Member
    This is all some sort of misunderstanding! We're all so embarrassed about the president!

Excited Student Council Member
    It's best for all of us in the student council to work to make our school a safer place!

Serious Student Council Member

He's so afraid of you that he's hiding somewhere in the school. If you find him, you can defeat the evil that has a hold on him!

So we're moving up. We're level a bit and go full tec, and we find out that Eikichi is looking for a transfer student. No one has seen him for a long time it seems. The same student tells us that the president is hiding in the basement, but he sounds terribly suspicious. Oh well, downstairs we go!

ScreenHunter_13Jul081815.jpg

Student Body President's Voice
    Forgive me... I... I know what I did was wrong.. I'll never do it again... All I'm asking for is a little forgiveness...

eikichibasement.jpg
    A little forgiveness, huh? I haven't even started with you! I'm not gonna let you off the hook!

ginko2.jpg
    You're going to tell us all about the cursed emblems!

The two storm in by themselves, leaving Maya, Yukino, and Tatsuya in the basement.

ScreenHunter_20Jul081815.jpg
    We can't just ignore what he's done. Come on, Suo... Maya... Let's go.

ScreenHunter_22Jul081816.jpg

ScreenHunter_27Jul081817.jpg
    The rumored bomb shelter 'where nobody knows the exit”.... Once you enter, you can't get out, you know? Hoooheeheehee! I'm going to change this place into my ideal school! Into a place worthy of my genius! In order to do that, I've got a few A”bugs” to exterminate... Sugimoto was merely a pawn to me. I thought that spreading a rumor like “the Head was stronger then the Gang Leader” might help me with my ultimate goal. I never expected such a surprising twist! You little bugs started killing each other, which threw me off my plans for a moment.

ginko2.jpg
    Keh he! Just come out and fight us!

Yasuo
    I'll decline that offer. Savages like you should be kept separated from the rest of society. Oooheehee!
    However, if you lovely ladies write an article about me, and if Lisa would prominse to be my g... Girlfriend... I'll set the ladies, just the ladies, free.

maya.jpg
    Sorry to let you down... <3 Our next article is already titled, “Former Gang Leader Vs. A Lone Wolf: One Legendary Champion Remains at the End of the Century”.

yukino.jpg
    And publishing pictures of your transceiver wouldn't go over well with the people who advertise with us, you know.

ginko1.jpg
    Hoh lin! You poor thing! I bet your idea of a fun date spot is the “Electric Town”, right?

Yasuo
    Kuuuugh! Fine, go ahead and die there! Hoohyah! Hooohyahyahyah!

In a rage, Eikichi smashes the radio. The rest of the party scolds him for cutting off their only link to the outside world, but whats done is done, so we begin exploring. Rumor has it only one person has ever made it out of here.

ScreenHunter_04Jul091100.jpg

It's a small dungeon, only 2 rooms. It has poison and damage floors, as well has higher level enemies. Random items are scattered around, and theres no map. =[ We level a bunch more times.

ScreenHunter_32Jul091223.jpg

We end up going around in a circle 2 or 3 times, until we return to the entrance to trigger a new scene.

ScreenHunter_33Jul091238.jpg

maya2.jpg
    I heard Eikichi talking about a rumor back there that a person was able to escape by using a mirrow somehow, right?

ginko1.jpg
    Ng hai... Umm, I don't have one with my now.. I always keep it in my bag.

eikichimiror.jpg
    Oh no... Three ladies here and yet I'm the only one with the mirror... Ahh... How beautiful....

ginko2.jpg
    Come on! You should've taken that out sooner!! And if you keep making stupid faces in the mirrow, it's gonna stay that way, you know!

ScreenHunter_40Jul091238.jpg

ScreenHunter_41Jul091238.jpg

ScreenHunter_43Jul091238.jpg

ginko2.jpg
    Ai.. Aiyaa! What are we going to do now? This is all your fault! Stupid!

eikichibasement.jpg
    Don't you mean your fault!? I demand to be recompensated! 1,000,000 yen! That's right, one million yen!

yukino.jpg
    Grow up!! Do you realize that we lost our last clue, and it's because of both of you!?

eikichiandginko.jpg

maya3.jpg
    Let's think positive!! It's not over until we say its over! We just need to think! There's got to be a way!

yukino.jpg
    Maya, everybody's getting tired. We should cool it and take a break! We can take turns acting as a look out

ScreenHunter_51Jul091239.jpg
    I'm just... having trouble sleeping, I guess... Do you mind if I sit next to you? Do you really think... that we'll make it out of here? Oh, sorry! Sorry about that! “Think positive”!! If anyone complains, Ms. Bunny's just gonna laugh at them, huh? Boing! Boing!

bunny.jpg
    Maya is locco.

maya3.jpg
    You know, that's the first time I've seen you smile? You're pretty cute when you smile! <3

ScreenHunter_57Jul091240.jpg
    Aww

maya2.jpg
    This little bunny's like my good luck charm... When times get tough, she's always there to console me.. In moments like this... Things have really gotten crazy, huh....? Rumors becoming reality, demons attacking.... But some good stuff has happend too! I got to meet you, Tatsuya... And everyone else. I really enjoy being with all of you! I feel like... I'm a kid again... And I'm not sure why... But I don't think the Joker's really evil... He seems more like a scared kid who had a nightmare... You may get into fights and argue with each other, but my Persona tells me that you're all good kids. The Joker makes me feel the same way you do...

ScreenHunter_65Jul091245.jpg
    That's true... Sometimes I think that everything I'm doing right now is all just a dream. Like there's something that happened long ago, and I forgot about it... Because I'm stuck in some sort of dream and can't wake up... And maybe it's the same with the Joker..... Oh, sorry! Sometimes I talk too much. Well, I'll be the look-out now... Go get some sleep. Good night Tatsuya.... Sweet dreams....

Tatsuya drifts off to sleep, and we have ourselves a dream sequence.

ScreenHunter_71Jul091246.jpg
    Yeah, you're right... Well, not that I'm complaining! Oh, right... This is my treasure. My dad gave it to me... But Tatsuya, I want you to have it. Oh, it's okay! After all... I'm you, and you're me! So it's like I'm still keeping it! *Hands Tatsuya the lighter* Oh, this is... Isn't this your treasure from your dad? Oh, I couldn't...!

ScreenHunter_77Jul091246.jpg

Boy
    Okay, sure! I'll treasure it! No matter what happens, we've got to keep our promise! Always! Forever!

ScreenHunter_80Jul091247.jpg
    Huhhhn? Well d'is ain't right... Little brats ain't s'posed to play d'is late... You won't grow up t'be re-sponsible adults, ya hear? Man, I gotta stop drinkin'... Show 'em the face of a man who's after his dreams, right Kaoru? Well, y'er big brother's goin' home now... You should go home too! Go home! Or d'ya wanna get arrested?

Boy
    Hey, Tatsuya... Did you know? Adults drink so they can forget about their dreams... I'm not gonna be that kinda guy, when I grow up....

ScreenHunter_88Jul091248.jpg

yukino.jpg
    Well now, it looks like everyone's in a good mood again! Isn't it about time we got serious about finding the exit?

maya2.jpg
    We've all be stuck on the idea that there isn't any exit! But... “The most precious things cannot be seen”... Right? Isn't that right, Tatsuya?

ginko2.jpg
    Hm!? What's that all about...?

maya2.jpg
    The answer to all this has been to be something we're overlooking! Somehow, a “mirror” is the key.... So there's got to be a way to get around this rumor! Let's just go over the facts one more time. I'm sure we'll think of a way to escape. The rumor is that after you enter this bomb shelter, you can't get out... Right? But what was the reason you can't get out?

That's right! The rumor is that nobody can get out of here because “nobody knows where the exit it”!
    There was a rumor about one person who managed to esape, even though there was a rumor that they didn't know where to find the exit...Since we don't have a mirror anymore, but the question is, why would using a mirror work? When you look into a mirror, what do you see? Yes! That's right!! A mirror doesn't only reflect you! Think about when you drive a car or motorcycle! You can see other stuff around you, so!? In other words...!

ScreenHunter_107Jul091254.jpg
    Hehe. nah

maya2.jpg
    The person who escaped according to the rumor must have stumbled upon it by chance! Even though he didn't know where it was, the mirror showed him! Not knowing is different from not existing! We were just thinking about it from a one-sided perspective! That's it! Yukki, your digital camera will be able to show us where the exit is, right?

ScreenHunter_118Jul091255.jpg

ScreenHunter_122Jul091255.jpg

Right, well. So we're looking for the president, and it seems like there's a dance assembly in the gym. We head over there.

ScreenHunter_127Jul091259.jpg

We head inside and some crazy shit is going down.

ScreenHunter_131Jul091300.jpg

ScreenHunter_134Jul091300.jpg

Everyone wearing a mask is having their dreams sucked into Yasuo's magic skull it seems.

ScreenHunter_141Jul091301.jpg

Annas here too, for some reason.

ScreenHunter_146Jul091302.jpg

Yukino's spidey sense is tingling, but we're going after the president! But next time. =[ Carpal tunnel is kicking in. C ya guys!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A neat little cameo in this update that a lot of people forget about. Persona 2 Eternal Punishment spoilers:

=

dewvi0.jpg

Also, because I'm curious about these things: What Personas are you using?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    A neat little cameo in this update that a lot of people forget about. Persona 2 Eternal Punishment spoilers:

=

dewvi0.jpg

MIND = BLOWN

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »

=

dewvi0.jpg

MIND = BLOWN
    Glad to be of service. :)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How'd you even make that connection? O_o I can kind of see it now, but that's a stretch.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    How'd you even make that connection? O_o I can kind of see it now, but that's a stretch.
    "Show 'em the face of a man who's after his dreams, right Kaoru?"
    What's Baofu's real name?
    Kaoru Saga

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sooo.... you stop playing? Or get sidetracked by comic-con?

Mattakuevan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He could be at ComicCon.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Uh...dudes, it's dead. The title says "DEAD" and the OP now has this
    Unforunately, real life decided to kick in this summer, and I doubt I'll have the time to finish this. Sorry for starting something i couldn't finish, I didn't realize how time consuming it would be. Kudos to whoever decides to take this up.

:( Too bad, too. It had promise.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, totally didn't notice, that sucks :\

Mattakuevan on