As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]: Earth Defense Fleet No. 3 - GAME OVER. VILLAGE VICTORY.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm currently stuck in a hospital waiting room, so let me check - day 1 vote close is in about 20 hours?

Wildcat on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm currently stuck in a hospital waiting room, so let me check - day 1 vote close is in about 20 hours?

I believe that's about right, yes.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Are there any reserves that can take my spot? I lost my internet at home and can only play at work, which isn't fair to my crew.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Mother. What is special order 937?

What kind of code is this

It must be broken

Farangu on
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hippy

You can't trust that man around a buttocks.

Minor Second on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Mother. What is special order 937?

What kind of code is this

It must be broken

Science Officer eyes only.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Voooooid Slayyyyyyyyer come out and playyyyyyy

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    abotkin wrote: »
    Are the only actions we can perform those spelled out in role PMs?

Well, you can also vote. And discuss things.

So, it might be a good idea for us to share the roles of everyone on the ships and selectively target roles we think might be more expendable than others, at least until we have solid leads/suspicions of who might actually be mafia. I know a number of people have expressed an interest in doing so and I have yet to hear anyone come up with a reason why we shouldn't share.

Is anyone opposed to sharing each ship's list of roles and who is in them? If so, care to explain why?

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited July 2010
    I would think it's because we also don't know what the mafia can do at this point either. Yes, they don't get their standard nightly kill, but that's not to say it's impossible there's a vig or two among them, or (maybe even worse, depending on the target) a roleblocker.

Farangu on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, how many people control the cannons

If one ship shoots at a friendly ship, who can be blamed on the crew?

Gumpy on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RNG says Minor Second

M.D. on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can we get a vote count? I think the most anyone has is 3.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited July 2010
    VOTE COUNT

Anonymous leads with 4 votes
    romanqwerty has 2 votes
    Capfalcon has 2 votes

Hippie, Wildcat, Kay, Void slayer, abotkin, FrostMist, adventfalls and minorsecond each have 1 vote.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know there is at least one traitor on each ship. I know that the traitor on my ship is not me. Therefor, I know that the other players on my ship are statistically more likely to be traitor than a random pick.

Sorry, Celebrim, but logic doesn't lie.

Bremen on
    edited July 2010
    Just FYI, I haven't received orders from, like, half of the phalla. If the village loses, you guys can blame The Dread Inactivus.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    By the way, I asked if I could fire weapons (not being the tactical officer, and having nothing in my role PM about firing weapons) and got told no. This probably means that killing off all our tactical officers and helmsmen is a very bad idea. Perhaps the captain can place people in roles, though.

Bremen on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just FYI, I haven't received orders from, like, half of the phalla. If the village loses, you guys can blame The Dread Inactivus.

So you're saying if someone does something tonight they're mafia?
    Tommorow will be easy! :)

Megatin on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Megatin wrote: »

So you're saying if someone does something tonight they're mafia?
    Tommorow will be easy! :)

no, its the opposite.

if someone did nothing, they're villagers.

edit: of course, the mafia will just claim that they did nothing if people actually start looking for it.

Dunadan019 on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon for not being a captain!

Phyphor on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    By the way, I asked if I could fire weapons (not being the tactical officer, and having nothing in my role PM about firing weapons) and got told no. This probably means that killing off all our tactical officers and helmsmen is a very bad idea. Perhaps the captain can place people in roles, though.

This right here is exactly why I'm in favor of sharing who's in what role. If we kill off our tactical officers, I'm worried we won't be able to take down the enemy ships, which is what our actual win condition is, not taking out the mafia. Although...

Does the village win if all enemy ships are destroyed, but there are still mafia left?

Do we have to vote someone out each day?

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Capfalcon for not being a captain!

...And why do you think I'm not?

Capfalcon on
    edited July 2010
    abotkin wrote: »
    Bremen wrote: »

This right here is exactly why I'm in favor of sharing who's in what role. If we kill off our tactical officers, I'm worried we won't be able to take down the enemy ships, which is what our actual win condition is, not taking out the mafia. Although...

Does the village win if all enemy ships are destroyed, but there are still mafia left?

Do we have to vote someone out each day?

Yes, the village wins when all enemy ships are destroyed. If there are mafia still alive when this happens, they lose.

No doubt that the Inquisitors back home will eventually root out their hidden agendas.

EDIT: And no, nobody needs to vote if they'd wish to do so.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Also, small update: 3clipse has replaced Toxic Toys, who needed to bow out of the game.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It pains me to do this, but I'm setting my grudge aside for Capfalcon.

Now, what happens if there's a tie?

The Anonymous on
    edited July 2010
    So if we all retracted our vote, nobody would die?

Huh.

Farangu on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It pains me to do this, but I'm setting my grudge aside for Capfalcon.

Now, what happens if there's a tie?

I don't know, nor am I interested in finding out, !T_A

Capfalcon on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Anonymous seems to be the current wind?

Do we have a game plan for focus firing tonight?

3cl1ps3 on
    edited July 2010
    I believe we're showing the Phallia that this battle group is fully operational.

Capfalcon on
    edited July 2010
    Um, just so you know, you probably don't want to kill me. Why? Because GUESS WHO?
    picard-thumb-450x300-37338.gif
    That's right, I'm the fucking captain. Now stop voting for me AT ONCE.

The Anonymous on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Worst. epic reveal. ever.

But still.

The Anonymous, just in case.

Actually, let me say this - I feel like we shouldn't vote anyone out. Each role is necessary and powerful and as we miss we are gimping our ability to deal with the Venutians.

We don't even have to eliminate the mafia to win, so hunting them blindly will actually only harm us. Our best bet is to not vote, and just focus fire the Venutians, and ignore the mafia to win (obviously if someone's super suspicious or is implicated as mafia, we can vote them out).

I'm almost inclined to say that, for tomorrow, anyone who starts a vote is likely a mafia, since killing off villagers directly helps the mafia to win.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited July 2010
    I'm actually inclined to agree.

Dunadan

Farangu on
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    Worst. epic reveal. ever.
    Yeah sorry, I'm fixing that now.

The Anonymous on
    edited July 2010
    Also, a friendly reminder: Use your abilities. If you don't, the Venetians win.

Farangu on
    edited July 2010
    You make a good point, and I'll withdraw my vote as soon as I'm not the one on the chopping block.

Capfalcon on
    edited July 2010
    Like this? Capfalcon

The Anonymous on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    You make a good point, and I'll withdraw my vote as soon as I'm not the one on the chopping block.

+1

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2010
    Everyone withdraw your votes.

Do it before vote close (ETA: -133 minutes).

3cl1ps3 on
    edited July 2010
    EDIT: Ignore this, someone edited/deleted their post before I could quote it.

The Anonymous on
    edited July 2010
    !T_A

Capfalcon on
    edited July 2010
    We don't know that. I'm still waiting for Ender to clarify, remember?

Look above. He edited his post to say that no one needs to vote if they don't want to.

3cl1ps3 on