As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla]: Earth Defense Fleet No. 3 - GAME OVER. VILLAGE VICTORY.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Crewmembers of the Piett: Post your roles.

Or PM them to me.

You know, whatever.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, anyway my role is basically revealed, I'm
    cu12masterchief.jpg

I can do sabotagey type things if I stay on the enemy ships, or I can head to one of the other ships and deal with the boarding parties, what does everybody think?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sabotaaggee.

The Williams will be fine. We know some maneuvers.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What the fuck is up with those ships who fired torpedoes?

And why didn't the Williams load her next round of torpedoes so I could fire a full payload?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, !romanqwerty until someone identifies from the Piett turns in their science officer.

Hey look Dunadan! We have actual information (who knows if it's actually reliable) to work with! Of course, with so many inactives already voting, it was inevitable that someone would die. BUT, it was rather silly to push it.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !megatin must die eventually but if there is a better mafia target do tell. My crew members and captain will confirm what the galactic encyclopedia said.

megatin may have control of the ESN chief weapon systems.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, essentially, if every captain asks the question that the Halo ship asked, it should be pretty easy to find the mafia.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not necessarily.

If Ender's other phalla is any indication, it will be the person who has done a picture perfect job of not consorting with venutians that ends up being a sympathizer.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, waiting for Cthulhu.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Space Cthulhu

Phyphor on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh fuck

you maniac what have you done

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    3CLIPSE HAS JUST SPOKEN THE CURSED NAME OF THE SLEEPING GOD!

SYNTHETIC CEPHALAPOD SHAPED VESSELS EMERGE FROM AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION ALL AROUND YOU!

Sovereign.jpg

(Just kidding).

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ALL HAIL SOVERIGN

Wait... wrong phalla

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    3CLIPSE HAS JUST SPOKEN THE CURSED NAME OF THE SLEEPING GOD!

SYNTHETIC CEPHALAPOD SHAPED VESSELS EMERGE FROM AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION ALL AROUND YOU!

Sovereign.jpg

(Just kidding).

Shit. You had me going. I almost choked on my sandwich.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That was mean.

Funny, but mean.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I would not have been surprised.

Not even a little.

I love your phallas, Ender.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also: more appropriate image.

20100127212604!Reaper_fleet.png

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    !megatin must die eventually but if there is a better mafia target do tell. My crew members and captain will confirm what the galactic encyclopedia said.

megatin may have control of the ESN chief weapon systems.
    This is a post that I just don't quite get

Why must megatin die?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm guessing for the role description of being under investigation

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He also took no actions to attack the ships and is the tactical officer.

The ESN chief seems to have good anti-hit-point missiles so those hitting the phallia this turn should kill it, should the fleet split it's attacks or concentrate fire? The other 2 ships alone seem tough enough to mess us up.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Megatin might've just rolled really badly, I don't know.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

True, never mind, ignore what i said, megatin. I am prone to posting craziness.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    No, he said he rolled a 25, but forgot to send the PM in

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

True, never mind, ignore what i said, megatin. I am prone to posting craziness.

Megatin is still probably worth keeping an eye on, however, we have a slam dunk tonight, so...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian is the science officer aboard the Piett.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

“Defense Fleet 3, this is Admiral Hall. I have something special planned for these rebels. I am transmitting an updated attack grid to your tactical stations.”

All ships may choose to boost any of one their crew stats by +2 for the next day.

How is this decided?

Also, can we get an update of which ships are at which range from each other?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Do we have a second to confirm? I'd rather not get a bandwagon started until we're sure.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

“Defense Fleet 3, this is Admiral Hall. I have something special planned for these rebels. I am transmitting an updated attack grid to your tactical stations.”

All ships may choose to boost any of one their crew stats by +2 for the next day.

How is this decided?

Also, can we get an update of which ships are at which range from each other?

Each ship will need to decide; everyone may send in a vote for who should get the bonus (for their ship).

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SHIP RANGES

The Piett and the Labius are at point-blank range. All other ships remain at medium range from each other.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Mother. What is special order 937?

What kind of code is this

It must be broken

Science Officer eyes only.

Teucrian is the science officer aboard the Piett.

Multiple posts about self preservation.

objection_zoom.jpg

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    By all means wait for someone else to corroborate, there should be 3 others who can vouch for it.

Also I have no idea what the top thing means. Kay will have to explain it.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, there's a difference between trying and failing, and not trying.
    Her Tactical Officer simply drums his fingers on his armrest. The chief engineer appears to be preoccupied with other things than the space battle, while the science officer tries to re-route more power to the weapons systems to no effect.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A post above says he forgot to send in his PM.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Apparently, the Chief Engineer didn't send order in either, while the Scientist just bombed his roll.

That's how I understand it, anyway.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    teucrian is indeed the Piett's science officer.

Also, that was a lot of damage the Piett took at once, particularly considering it's supposed to be the hardest to hit and the target selections are supposed to be random.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    abotkin wrote: »
    teucrian is indeed the Piett's science officer.

Also, that was a lot of damage the Piett took at once, particularly considering it's supposed to be the hardest to hit and the target selections are supposed to be random.

this one deserves a clarification: the attacks of the Vesuvian ships are at random. The Piett came up both times, and I was incredibly lucky with the to-hit rolls.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ship's tactical officer Megatin is a fresh recruit from the academy. He is currently under investigation for consorting with and possibly bedding members from a Venusian rebel sympathizer club that formed in the academy. He awaits trial upon return to Earth. He was brought aboard at the insistence & testimony of the ESN Piett's captain.

Ship's chief engineer Gumpy & ship's science officer Hippie are conjoined twins who have collaborated on a wide variety of orbit-to-surface weapons projects meant for pacifying the inhabitants of Venus through demonstrations of the ESN's raw power. Their methods and ideologies have been a politically polarizing force within the navy – their detractors have been known to call them barbaric mutants, while their supporters insist that, while the weapons developed by Hippe & Gumpy may seem cruel and inflict considerable collateral damage, they're likely to have spared plenty of lives in the end by making a planetary invasion unnecessary.

So is it possible the ESN Piett's captain falsified the galactic encyclopedia report? I wish we were certain but it seems that might be possible.

Also I doubt conjoined twins could keep secrets from each other, always thought gumpy and hippie were close. :)

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    But it was the ESN Piett captain's 'Encyclopedia Query' that revealed the science officer as a traitor. He's as close to confirmed as possible, in my book.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Special Order 937 is marked Science Officer Eyes Only, I can't access it.

All I get when I try is that it is classified as 'Crew Expendable'.

Also, looks like stabbed everyone in the back, as he loves doing. He apparently maneuvered the Piett into point black range with the Mammarian. Point Blank range is pretty bad, right? I don't get the ship combat rules at all.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991