As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla]: Earth Defense Fleet No. 3 - GAME OVER. VILLAGE VICTORY.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Special Order 937 is marked Science Officer Eyes Only, I can't access it.

All I get when I try is that it is classified as 'Crew Expendable'.

Also, looks like stabbed everyone in the back, as he loves doing. He apparently maneuvered the Piett into point black range with the Mammarian. Point Blank range is pretty bad, right? I don't get the ship combat rules at all.

Point blank range means we can't use primary weapons or torpedos. Worse however, it appears to have let us get boarded.

How does one deal with a boarding party?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That sounds not good.

(Also, for the love of whatever, people. Just google 'Special Order 937' and save yourself some time.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    teucrian needs to be taken out.

As for the ESN Chief, the traitor has been narrowed down to The Anonymous, Megatin or Void Slayer.

Pretty good so far.

Hippie on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian sounds like our best bet at this point. Let's hope we can trust the EG.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wow we got some lazy fucks in teh cain

M.D. on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Special Order 937 is marked Science Officer Eyes Only, I can't access it.

All I get when I try is that it is classified as 'Crew Expendable'.

Also, looks like stabbed everyone in the back, as he loves doing. He apparently maneuvered the Piett into point black range with the Mammarian. Point Blank range is pretty bad, right? I don't get the ship combat rules at all.

Point blank range means we can't use primary weapons or torpedos. Worse however, it appears to have let us get boarded.

How does one deal with a boarding party?

You may want to consult with your other crew members.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !teucrian

Kinda strange to have such a focus on a role in a narration

Expecting some sort of hijinks to have occurred

Gumpy on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !teucrian, inserting stuff in the db is bad. Unless someone inserted that he inserted the inserted db inserted insertion of the inserted stuff.

Alegis on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just as planned.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian is a dead man

Sorry, at least you weren't killed by your own faction in the main :P

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Re Special Order 937, some people need to watch some good movies again!
    alien-movie-poster11.jpg

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    teucrian

M.D. on
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd have a few pieces of information worth sharing.

I was forced to make a defensive roll early in Day 1. My roll was decent and since I'm still around, I guess I passed. Be aware that the traitors appear to take actions in real time, not during the narration. It was during a several hour lull in actual activity in the thread so I have no leads on who did it.

Also, we are discussing it amongst the crew, but our ship received a transmission. We were all told that fleet command had verified our ship was clear of traitors. This does not mesh well with the transmission from our ship in the narration or the OP. Beware of any unsolicited information provided by fleet (i.e. Ender).

Celebrim on
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Judging by the narration, everyone on our ship did what they claimed they would except our Science Officer (we are the Williams, not Piett, to avoid confusion) Cynic Jester.

It could be inactivity or he could have "seer"-like abilities and was checking us out. Still waiting to hear from him.

It's possible that the information framing teucrian is a frame job. Could another science officer come forward and give us some info on if he'd be a priority. If they are seers, maybe the Science Officers should scan each other.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, bogus information from the host could explain a few things.

Has any other ship heard anything about two members co-operating together for a chance at instantly killing an enemy ship?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm a science officer from the Cain, what exactly do you need me to tell you about science officers?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also i'm a bit upset our captain didn't ask a question for our ship nore did two members do anything.

I tried to get our torpedos back up but my roll wasn't high enough :(

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think the question was what do science officers actually do, and is there a reason they could be the highest priority target.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    here is what I do: I can make the helmsman or tactical officer have two actions but whoever I choose the other won't have an action.

I can rearm the torpedos on my ship(not sure if this applies to other ships) if something happens to them I can have them rerolled to try again (i did this for day 1 and as you can see in the narration for the cain I attempted to get them back online)

and third I can repair the shields in an emergency

M.D. on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Do a barrel roll.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So yeah, really sorry I didn't shoot last night, total screw up mistake. Would be a pretty stupid mafia move though; if I were a bad guy planning to be completely obvious I'm pretty sure I would've shot at one of our own ships instead of sitting there looking like an idiot.

Not sure what's up with the encyclopedia entry, it's not like I got backstory along with my role PM, but the OP does say questions like "Who is Mafia" are not likely to return useful results, and Teucrian has demonstrated that the mafia have the ability to mess with the encyclopedia, so I'm guessing there are shenanigans going on there in some way.

Megatin on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian seems to have compromised the integrity of the Encyclopedia....

Leaves me wondering if the mafia has that as an ability instead of the normal kill.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    im sure the mafia has more than that as ability, and the op states they dont have a direct kill.

M.D. on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian for Treason!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian, I guess for now.

The Anonymous is also super suspicious. And really quiet.

And when Anon plays mafia he's borderline inactive.

Hmm.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian.

So say we all.

(I've been waiting to say that SO LONG you guys)

Farangu on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    teucrian clearly seems guilty, though if he isn't mafia we have a whole other level of things to worry about.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This is an Ender Phalla.

He could actually be a nethacker who just wants information to be, like, free, dude.
    Or... maybe he's a Luddite who wants to remove humanity's reliance upon technology by showing us just how flawed it is?

And these are just the possibilities that I came up with. Who knows what Ender's twisted mind could spit out?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm. Is there really any point in keeping role information secret?

Farangu on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably not.
    <--- I'm him

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    Probably not.
    <--- I'm him

...So, I guess your the unique role on your ship? What do you do?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As an aside, I'd like to express my distaste that I am not the Captain of the Falcon.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Probably not.
    <--- I'm him

I think revealing powers might be going a little far. But let's just say I don't think the boarding party on the Williams will be a problem much longer.

Bremen on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I'd have a few pieces of information worth sharing.

I was forced to make a defensive roll early in Day 1. My roll was decent and since I'm still around, I guess I passed. Be aware that the traitors appear to take actions in real time, not during the narration. It was during a several hour lull in actual activity in the thread so I have no leads on who did it.

Also, we are discussing it amongst the crew, but our ship received a transmission. We were all told that fleet command had verified our ship was clear of traitors. This does not mesh well with the transmission from our ship in the narration or the OP. Beware of any unsolicited information provided by fleet (i.e. Ender).

This is a worrying idea if it is correct, given the varying time zones of players here.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Probably not.
    <--- I'm him

I think revealing powers might be going a little far. But let's just say I don't think the boarding party on the Williams will be a problem much longer.

Fair enough, I guess. Give 'em hell, Chewie.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If anyone can give some help to the brave super soldier on the Mammaridian we might be able to take that eye of Lucifer cannon for the earth! Or at least sabotage them sufficiently.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, his ship can give their +2 to him...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey everybody what's with that weird message that was intercepted. That sure was weird! Let's talk about it.

Wait. . . let me read narration again.

Oh.

That sucks.

Teucrian :P

Nice job Kay. I feel outplayed. If the Venusian sympathizers on the other ships want to contact me, maybe we can at least get some coordinated action going on here. We'll bring down these dirty Terran oppressors one way or another.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I....what?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    I....what?

Why? Hmmmm. . . . huh?!

Teucrian on