As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Team Fortress 2]: Towering pillar of bad opinions about hats

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But not to anything like the level a rifle sniper can achieve. For one, every other class is at least required to be in actual combat.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    Full charge bodyshots are exactly my point. Fucking talentless cockends standing 2 feet outside of spawn full charge bodyshotting people on the other side of the map. It's the most frustrating way you can die in this game, it doesn't take any ability to sit in scope for 5 seconds and then click on someone.

So if a player on one team kills guys in the most effective way he can, helping his team in the process, he's deserving of the title "talentless cockend"?

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But not to anything like the level a rifle sniper can achieve. For one, every other class is at least required to be in actual combat.

Except the Spy.

And the Medic.

And the Engineer.

Aaaaaaand some Demomen.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's the same point that can be made about pretty much all the classes in the game.

except normally

most classes

have to take multiple shots

and up close it is tougher to hit someone successfully than far away

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Daius wrote: »

Except the Spy.

And the Medic.

And the Engineer.

Aaaaaaand some Demomen.

i will concede engineers wrangesniping

but the other classes do have to be in combat

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Klorgnum wrote: »
    Full charge bodyshots are exactly my point. Fucking talentless cockends standing 2 feet outside of spawn full charge bodyshotting people on the other side of the map. It's the most frustrating way you can die in this game, it doesn't take any ability to sit in scope for 5 seconds and then click on someone.

So if a player on one team kills guys in the most effective way he can, helping his team in the process, he's deserving of the title "talentless cockend"?

what? ...didnt know it was that easy

DUCOM on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If you're getting bodyshot kills, you're either supporting attacking teammates, or getting multiple hits on a target that isn't sniper/scout/spy as they're scrambling away from you.

Also, you're out of the close-up battle, but you're probably dealing with enemy snipers and maybe a scoot or spy threat.

I dunno, stuff's still happening is all i'm saying.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's nothing wrong with bodyshots. The end result is important, not the means.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

The way I see it, it's a matter of priority. If you see a medic running back and forth, hopping like a madman, you might as well go for the bodyshot if you're not 99% positive you can get the headshot. A stopped uber is a stopped uber. Some snipers also tend to hide so that their head isn't visible to other snipers. I'm sure as heck not going to stand on principle if he's going to block his model with the ctf_doublecross window.

Skexis on
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't understand why people think that Snipers are so far removed from battle that nothing can touch them. There are very few maps where a Sniper is even reasonably safe. If I want to be an effective Sniper I almost always have to play myself in danger's way. I also don't understand how someone could get angry at being bodyshotted but not headshotted. Is the fact that the player that killed you is 'skilled' so important?

mEEksa on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you have to admit snipers are safer than the other classes, though

and i'm going to rage whether a sniper kills me with a headshot or a bodyshot anyway, so i might as well hope he did it skillfully

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    you have to admit snipers are safer than the other classes, though

and i'm going to rage whether a sniper kills me with a headshot or a bodyshot anyway, so i might as well hope he did it skillfully

I'll grant that Snipers are usually safer.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd rather that the person who killed me was unskilled, because that means he is less likely to do it again.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that does make sense, i guess

the worst deaths to me are where i spot the sniper and immediately start ducking jump and juking, but it will be quite a few feet before i make it behind cover

its just... what do i do? i can't do anything if he is competent at getting headshots.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with bodyshots. The end result is important, not the means.

Turkey on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    that does make sense, i guess

the worst deaths to me are where i spot the sniper and immediately start ducking jump and juking, but it will be quite a few feet before i make it behind cover

its just... what do i do? i can't do anything if he is competent at getting headshots.

I would say shoot him as you find cover if you have a bullet weapon. You increase your chances of hitting him with a stray bullet which might throw off his aim at the exact moment he was going to headshot you.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sniper owns. Everyone is just mad they keep getting killed.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if you don't noscope you ain't shit

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    hat does make sense, i guess

TF2 is rife with situations where your death is out of your hands, it's not like that is exclusive to Snipers. If I walk around a corner and a Heavy is right there, it doesn't matter what I do, I'm going to die. The best thing you can hope for is not to get into that situation in the first place.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    want to win? just add more heavies. such a bullshit class now.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to see tryanus now whenever tyrannus joins.

guar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you are such a slow scout

also backstabbing heavies is pretty awesome

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Might as well post some good deathcams from the past few days' worth of playing...

Ran smack into an ubered Edcrab.
    ubercharged.jpg

CableCarrier making a fashion statement out of the alien hat.
    alienfashions.jpg

Davincie sniping me with his game face on.
    bluesteel.jpg

Yes Gumpy, I'm dead.
    deadcheck.jpg

Hey You has discovered the Democrab.
    democrab.jpg

Ebo with the dumbest expression I've ever seen on a character's face.
    nonplussed.jpg

Blasted to bits by a couple of potheads.
    potheads.jpg

I always seem to get great huntsman pins. Here's a couple different views of Jakorian in a fanciful position.
    spydartview.jpg
    spydartview2.jpg

...and finally my favorite screenshot of the whole bunch, in which Traxus looks like he just took a fall straight out of a cartoon.
    demofall.jpg

Dys on
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Backstabbing heavies has basically become my top priority. It's the only way to stop them from slaughtering my whole team.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I literally run slower than all other scouts. That's why people commonly mistake me for a spy. But not a tyrannus spy.

guar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    guar wrote: »
    Yes, I literally run slower than all other scouts. That's why people commonly mistake me for a spy. But not a tyrannus spy.

when I saw my name I was like "oh god this can never work". it didn't a few times, but I remember being on the point with 2 medics a heavy and a demoman and I ended up stabbing them. but like, there was a point where you were jumping near the first point and it was so..slow? it was god damn weird I just stopped firing and kept watching

guar has a hypnotic scout scoot

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    And then I killed you.

guar on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i might have another heavy demonstration tonight

also tyrannus are you getting starcraft 2

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mEEksa wrote: »

TF2 is rife with situations where your death is out of your hands, it's not like that is exclusive to Snipers. If I walk around a corner and a Heavy is right there, it doesn't matter what I do, I'm going to die. The best thing you can hope for is not to get into that situation in the first place.

well, heavy isn't too good an example

any time you spot a heavy your death is out of your hands already

but otherwise i think you have a pretty good fighting chance with anybody else!

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Late as hell but :lol:

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i might have another heavy demonstration tonight

also tyrannus are you getting starcraft 2

Which reminds me, is anyone of the tf2 crew going to play on the euro servers?

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    us server all the wayyyyy

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wait, SC2 is getting lan right? We could just all use hamachi.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it all depends on how stupid blizzard was about the region locking dealio

get ready to buy multiple copies for each region of the world you want to play in!!!!

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

You guys make it sound like heavies can't be shot, stabbed, blown up, axetinguished, or avoided.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The minigun pushes you away from the heavy. Kind of hard to hit them with the axe when that happens.

e: They can be airblasted and flaregun'd to death though.

guar on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've been hitting odd lag with some of the PA servers, which makes dealing with heavies especially annoying.

Other servers, even 32man ones work just fine though.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Talith wrote: »

You guys make it sound like heavies can't be shot, stabbed, blown up, axetinguished, or avoided.

axtinguishing heavies

heh

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

A good Heavy will rarely be stabbed and never axetinguished. Avoiding the Heavy doesn't seem like a good game plan? They can certainly be shot with bullets and explosives, but if they have a Medic with them you're going to need a lot of mans coordinated to bring him down. And meanwhile he will be killing men in seconds and completely immobilizing them.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cutting off a Heavy's head with the Eyelander (non-targe crit) is the highlight of my day when playing demo. It is hard as fuck to do mind you, and essentially you have to get the first swing off while he doesn't know you're there, then hug his face while strafing back and forth and hope his bullets miss you.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

axtinguishing heavies

heh

It's times like this I wish Goomba wasn't banned so he could post the video of he and I.

Endaro on