As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]: Earth Defense Fleet No. 3 - GAME OVER. VILLAGE VICTORY.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why congratulate Kay?

Farangu on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No idea. Maybe Kay is the captain?

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Because Kay is the captain on my ship. In fact, it goes like this:

Captain: Kay
    Tactical officer: Romanqwerty
    Chief Engineer: Abotkin
    Admiral: Wildcat

If there's some Venusian out there who has some kind of direct attack abilities, may I suggest Wildcat? I don't really know what powers the admiral has but they seem to be fleetwide and nasty.

edited for less dyslexia.

Teucrian on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if teucrian is a normie then he's doing it wrong if he's evil then he's still doing it wrong

M.D. on
    edited July 2010
    if teucrian is a normie then he's doing it wrong if he's evil then he's still doing it wrong

But I'm neither. I'm pretty sure Earth is the evil one in this case. We're just trying to maintain our independence while getting crushed by an imperialistic and strident power. So I'm pretty sure I'm the good guys.

Teucrian on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The mafia does not have the standard ability to simply axe one villager each night, either.

M.D. on
    edited July 2010
    The mafia does not have the standard ability to simply axe one villager each night, either.

I honestly have no idea what kind of powers the other sympathizers have. If they're similar to mine, some kind of vigging is certainly a possibility. But you already know that.

Teucrian on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, they may be able to send people to the sick bay like the boarders...

That would kinda suck.

Capfalcon on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We're still focusing fire on the Phalla, right?

Right.

Good

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well the Piett is too close, it should attack the next one, the Labia. Everyone else stays on the Phallia though

Phyphor on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well the Piett is too close, it should attack the next one, the Labia. Everyone else stays on the Phallia though

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

What about the fighters, though?

Capfalcon on
    edited July 2010
    I would guess the vipers go after that fighter that got launched, do we even know how the fighters operate in combat? I imagine they have to be a close range to do anything

Phyphor on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How many boarders are on the Williams?

Celebrim on
    edited July 2010
    Also, it appears that it wasn't a set up. Teucrian.

Celebrim on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I suppose that it's a given that we should eliminate !Teucrian now.

Thing is, that's a pretty decisive bandwagon for the sympathisers to hide in.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Celebrim wrote: »
    How many boarders are on the Williams?

Just the one boarding party ('A boarding party' is basically one guy, but for flulff reasons we'll pretend it's a small cluster of goons)

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I'd have a few pieces of information worth sharing.

I was forced to make a defensive roll early in Day 1. My roll was decent and since I'm still around, I guess I passed. Be aware that the traitors appear to take actions in real time, not during the narration. It was during a several hour lull in actual activity in the thread so I have no leads on who did it.

Also, we are discussing it amongst the crew, but our ship received a transmission. We were all told that fleet command had verified our ship was clear of traitors. This does not mesh well with the transmission from our ship in the narration or the OP. Beware of any unsolicited information provided by fleet (i.e. Ender).

This is a worrying idea if it is correct, given the varying time zones of players here.

This needs a clarification: there are no real-time powers. If I ask you in the middle of the day to make a roll, it's for the sake of convenience. Everything is resolved at the end of the day, but having everything rolled at the end of the day and trying to get in touch with everyone who needs to make a roll would be a nightmare.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so... !Teucrian?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have something special planned for him. !Teucrian.

All Tac Officers, please ready your weapons for a salvo.

Wildcat on
    edited July 2010
    Yea today's voting records aren't going to show much.

Farangu on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh yeah, I am indeed the admiral. Please don't get me killed.

Wildcat on
    edited July 2010
    Long shot, but

Does each ship have one traitor, or do some have more than others>

Farangu on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah unless they have some power to switch the vote.... keep voting for him!

That said if you have yet to fire your missiles I suggest you use the medium range weapons instead, there is no need to waste them all today on over kill.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian! None shall stand before the Earth Defence Fleet!

Captain Marcus on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian. Bluh. Can't ctrl b to bold in chrome.

Zandracon on
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    Long shot, but

Does each ship have one traitor, or do some have more than others>

File Corrupted. Data unavailable.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When does voting end again? I'm wondering when to send in my ability pm to Ender.

Captain Marcus on
    edited July 2010
    9:00 PM MST. You must have you orders in by 7:00 PM MST.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    I forget if I voted yet. Teucrian

Phyphor on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not like he needs it, but Teucrian.

Bremen on
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    Teucrian

Shushnik on
    edited July 2010
    Why would you think that?

Phyphor on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !Teucrian

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited July 2010
    VOTE CLOSED!

I'll have the narration up in a bit.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuuuuuuuck.

I went out today and got caught out longer than I thought I would be and couldn't send in orders.

Fuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.

I suck.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited July 2010
    DAY 2 – YOU KNOW WHAT TO SHRIEK

SSD.png

Heedless of it's sapped deflector shields and deceased crew member, the Piett blasts glowing holes throughout the fuselage of the Phallia. Her captain commands that all power be diverted to weapons so that they can finish the savaged vessel, but the superconductors feeding energy to the weapons are already overheating, so the order isn't carried out.

18 damage to the Phallia's hull.

Her engineer spends the day polishing-up his plasma torches, while her science officer cackles maniacally at his console. The Admiral attempts to transmit an attack pattern to the rest of the fleet, but mechanical difficulties with the conn system prevent the target data from being sent.

“Computer. Can you give me the background dossiers on the crew of the ESN Williams, please?”

“Encyclopedia denies request. This datablock may only be accessed by the captain of the ESN Williams, or with special permission from Admiral Hall.”

Pegasus.png

The Cain banks hard to put the Phallia directly in front of her, the guns thundering away at the whims of the Tactical Officer. A few shells make contact, but they only glance their target to minimal effect.

1 damage to the Phallia's Hull.

“Squad leader, get ready to engage that bogey!”

The lead Viper hits it's afterburners and moves into engagement range with the Venusian fighter, while a third Viper leaves the flight deck.

1 Viper deployed, 1 Viper moves to point-blank range with the Venusian fighter.

The helmsman maintains distance with the doomed Phallia, enabling the automated fire control to loose a full salvo of the ship's readied nukes at the Phallia & Labius. Only one of the corkscrewing warheads strikes the Phallia, but it's enough – the explosion breeches her power core and rips her right in two. The Labius is struck three times, her shields protesting against & blunting most of the explosive force.

9 damage to the Labius's shields, 2 damage to it's hull.

The science officer scrambles to fix the error in the torpedo bay loading arm and re-submits the command to get another nuke ready; this time, he's successful.

Torpedo loaded & arming.

The captain busies herself assembling a model ship in her ready room.

Pillar%20of%20Autumn.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om0M6Ol8FjQ

The Spartan doesn't miss a beat; he sprints directly at the defenders while unloading a magazine from his assault rifle. Three of the Venusians are left as bullet-riddled heaps; the last one returns fire with his sidearm, but only blows a hole in a semi-important looking pipe (which immediately begins spraying some non-descript white steam).

Spartan Super Soldier annihilates 3 defending marines.

The helmsman of the Chief had been maneuvering the allow the computer some more shooting at the Phallia, but the attack is aborted when the enemy ship explodes. The tactical officer, however, has three other targets in mind - and after he's finished punching-in the targeting data, a HAVOK multi-warhead missile is loosed from the ship, splitting apart and homing-in on the ESN Williams, ESN Cain and ESN Piett. The Super Star Destroyer's warning klaxons alert the anti-torpedo gunners just in time, and the warhead headed their way is atomized before it can impact; the Cain and Williams are hit, their shields soaking the damage.

2 damage to the ESN Cain's shields.
    5 damage to the ESN Williams's shields.

The science officer loads another torpedo to replace the one fired...

HAVOK torpedo loaded & arming.

...while the captain and engineer both attempted to squeeze some more power out of the ship's power plant for the weapons, only to hear back from engineering, “We cannot push her any harder, sir! She just doesn't have the power!”

“Encyclopedia, I want you to recite all information related to Earth Defense Fleet Number 3, including its history.”

“Encyclopedia denies request. This datablock may only be accessed with explicit permission from Admiral Hall.”

MFalcon.png

“Analysis of enemy vessels continued. Labius examined:

LABIUS

AC: 17
    SHIELDS: 30
    HIT POINTS: 40

MAIN WEAPONS:

TWIN-BARRELED RAILGUN - 2d6 damage to up to two targets

TORPEDOES:

NONE DETECTED.

POINT DEFENSE:

CUTTER BEAMS - 2d10 + 4 damage against shields, 2d8 damage + 4 damage against hit points, to up to four targets

SPECIAL NOTE: WILL DROP A BOARDING PARTY ON EACH SHIP IN CLOSE RANGE.”

The ship's captain directs power to the forward laser while a certain smuggler-looking fellow cheers on the tactical officer, but said officer had the Phallia centered in his crosshairs when she exploded. The ship's chief engineer ordered a few wookies to deal with the uninvited guests. The Wookies won.

Boarding party eliminated.

The science officer & helmsmen were too busy playing holographic monster chess to be bothered with shooting lasers in space.

Reliant.png
    kirk-khan-shout.jpg

The ESN Khan veered-in right on top of the ESN Williams and opened-up with it's phaser banks. “Enough with the ruse! We'll do to you what you've done to us!”

The smaller ship was raked, it's shields nearly dropped entirely by the surprise attack.

ESN Williams takes 15 damage to her shields; 2 damage dissipates

Venusian.png

The Labia maneuvers itself along the length of the Piett, keeping the SSD at point-blank range while also closing in on the Williams. She drags her cutter beams across both, opening a burning gash across the Piett's entire length while punching right through the YT-1300 freighter and setting her ablaze.

ESN Piett takes 9 damage to it's hit points.
    ESN Williams takes 17 damage to her hit points.

Another boarding pod smashes it's way into the Piett. The boarding party already present makes it's way to the torpedo bay and detonates the loaded Space Bomb; the explosion is mostly directed out of the ship, thankfully, doing little of it's full potential damage.

Another Boarding Party enters the ESN Piett. The loaded Space bomb is destroyed, and the Piett takes 6 damage to her hull.

The Mammaridian turns and fires on the Williams with it's plasma cannon, but the shots go wide. Another fighter departs from it's hangar, while the one present engages the threatening Viper. It's twin lasers blast apart the colonial interceptor.

Viper takes 6 damage and is destroyed.

“Tampering with the Encyclopedia Galactica is a capital crime, teucrian. Security, get this scumbag off of my ship.”

Stormtroopers grab the science officer even as he tears off the top of his uniform to reveal an enormous valentine-shaped tattoo emblazoned across his chest. He is dragged to the airlock and promptly flushed into outer space.

CASUALTIES:

teucrian (sympathizer) - airlocked by vote.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Who is the tactical officer of the Cain?

ESN Khan, WHAT THE FUCK.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited July 2010
    Khaaaaa...err wait the image is already there, bah.

Seriously though, I think the Khan's gunner has some explaining to do.

Celebrim on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That could have gone better.

The sympathizers are focusing on the Williams. Maybe the notice we got that we had no sympathizers was right after all.

Bremen on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010