Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What keeps you from joining the next level of competition in your games?

12346»

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Page- wrote: »
    Man you still never showed up. It's not like we avoided you. We never stopped playing offline, just online. But if life gets in your way, that's cool. It happens.

In fact, there's still one more chance, though it's a long shot. In September there's a big Soulcalibur tourney near Boston, and a bunch of us are taking the trip. It's a weekend deal, though, so if you want to come with us it's leaving on Thursday afternoon and getting back Monday. If you could get there on your own the tourney is just Saturday and Sunday. Probably not practical for you with such little warning, but I'll toss it out there anyway.

Yeah, it was totally my own doing that I didn't show up. I could have booked off a day, but I just couldn't afford to :(. I've got full time and paid vacation now, so things would be different if there were more tourney's locally.

I have some vacation planned for a few weekends in September, what's the date?

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sept. 10-12. But as I said, we're leaving on Thursday and getting back on Monday. It's a long ass bus ride.

It's a 2 day thing. There's Soulcalibur 4 singles, but it's Iron Man, so that means that every player plays every other player, not double elimination. You can't go 0-2 and be done with it.

There's also a bunch of side tourneys. Soulcalibur 2, Soulcalibur 3, Soulcalibur 4 low tiers, Rock Only, and a special Just Impact competition called the Warble Off or somesuch.

If you get interested you should post a bit on the forum. We're trying to set as many practice dates as we can before we leave. Also drop by in javachat sometime to talk to people who'll be there. There's going to be a lot of drinking and hanging out and other stuff going on besides just the games.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream