As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Leonardo Di[chat]rio x Joseph [chat]on-Levitt

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got into an argument with a female friend on Friday.

She told me that she was asked, on an interview, "we're all guys here and we talk like guys, are you okay with that?"

She said another friend of hers said this was sexist and illegal. I said I agreed with her friend. She didn't seem to understand why. She also apparently doesn't believe in "that kind" of gender equality and believes it should be legal for a boss to promote whatever kind of culture he desires.

wtf?

Then I asked her "what if you were a black man and you were interviewing with a white guy and he said 'look, we're all white guys here and we talk like white guys, are you okay with that?'" She said that that would be okay too.

wtf?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3h 15m until interview. So fucking nervous.

edit: awesome to see your date went well chu :^:

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Chu, could it be said that you

Got It Together?

no

go practice your times tables

I have geometry next year :x

why do you have to remind me

ugh

you owe me so much BC2 time, buster

Nerdgasmic on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    MrMister I am looking at some "bondage" photo shoot JGL did for GQ...umm....

http://backseatcuddler.com/2008/03/24/joseph-gordon-levitt-and-claudia-schiffer-do-bondage-for-gq/

Link a bit NSFW

Q: what would would I give to be that girl?
    A: the soul of that little boy in Redcliff to the desire demon.

Also, Feral: boo@your sig!

but if you pick that option, you can't get the Blood Mage specialization!

Of all the things that are worth it, that would be worth it.

MrMister on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I got into an argument with a female friend on Friday.

She told me that she was asked, on an interview, "we're all guys here and we talk like guys, are you okay with that?"

She said another friend of hers said this was sexist and illegal. I said I agreed with her friend. She didn't seem to understand why. She also apparently doesn't believe in "that kind" of gender equality and believes it should be legal for a boss to promote whatever kind of culture he desires.

wtf?

Then I asked her "what if you were a black man and you were interviewing with a white guy and he said 'look, we're all white guys here and we talk like white guys, are you okay with that?'" She said that that would be okay too.

wtf?

A lot of people think that. Comes up a lot in discrimination, sexual harassment, smoking in the workplace, workplace safety, etc. discussions.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://backseatcuddler.com/2008/03/24/joseph-gordon-levitt-and-claudia-schiffer-do-bondage-for-gq/

Link a bit NSFW

I do love a good blindfold.

Thomamelas on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Link a bit NSFW

It was a choice between that and "Shouldn’t I join the ranks of philosophers and merely make unsubstantiated claims about the wonders of human consciousness? Shouldn’t I stop trying to do some science and keep my head down? Indeed not."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Link a bit NSFW

Ahaha. This is so nerdy, but true.

Besides, that kid is a brat and he'd probably just succumb to something stupid like that again later in life anyway. Why not make the deal?

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

Link a bit NSFW

Of all the things that are worth it, that would be worth it.

I think party optimization is a lot more important than posing bound for some picture, mister.

Nerdgasmic on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    ok so now what do i do with the rest of my evening

Organichu on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Levitt's already done oodles of gay sex in Mysterious Skin, but unfortunately most of it was not very hot.

I need some respectable oscar bait to come along and lure him into more hot man-on-man action.

MrMister on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What is science anyway?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grats Chu. Guess I will live through you vicariously now. Thom is to far above my romance level.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010

Help me finish my work overflow from the week?

I love getting paid hourly and then having to put in unpaid overtime on the weekends.

Feral on

edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    It was a choice between that and "Shouldn’t I join the ranks of philosophers and merely make unsubstantiated claims about the wonders of human consciousness? Shouldn’t I stop trying to do some science and keep my head down? Indeed not."

Good lord, who said that?

I hope it wasn't you.

MrMister on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    What is science anyway?

science or Science?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited July 2010

let's wistfully recall our days in Bad Company 2

Nerdgasmic on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    I want chocolate.

I have no chocolate.

This makes me sad.

Echo on
    edited July 2010
    @SiG: The sig pic is small enough that the quality isn't distracting. But if you find a better cap, it would be totes worth the upgrade because that shit was awesome.

Also, is Ellen Page on the shit list (with Claudia Schiffer) because
    she kissed JG-L?
    Because that's totally a good reason.
    I wuz jellis.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

Good lord, who said that?

I hope it wasn't you.

Kevin Warwick.

It kind of sums up how I feel about rational/deductive approaches to philosophy of mind.

Feral on

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Obsessively check okcupid for a reply from an unattainable dude? Sit around being frustrated and angsty? Fantasize about celebrities?

No wait that's what I'm doing tonight.

You should do a celebration dance and play some vidja games.

So It Goes on
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    @SiG: The sig pic is small enough that the quality isn't distracting. But if you find a better cap, it would be totes worth the upgrade because that shit was awesome.

Also, is Ellen Page on the shit list (with Claudia Schiffer) because she kissed JG-L? Because that's totally a good reason. I wuz jellis.

Spoil the movie and I'll fucking kill you!

MrMister on
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Link a bit NSFW

I see.

Drez on
    edited July 2010
    evilbob wrote: »
    What is science anyway?

science or Science?

SCIENCE!

Kagera on
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I want chocolate.

I have no chocolate.

This makes me sad.
    Did... Did you eat yesterday's mentioned kilo of chocolate already?

Or have you simply not acquired it from your friend? (This was you that was getting a kilo of chocolate from a friend, wasn't it?)

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    I still need to rewrite my OKC profile.

Feral on

edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »

Also, is Ellen Page on the shit list
    (with Claudia Schiffer) because she kissed JG-L? Because that's totally a good reason. I wuz jellis

Yes. And cause I look better in a skirt suit than she does.

Also I just don't like her as an actor, I can't say exactly why. Nothing against her personally though.

So It Goes on
    edited July 2010

I love getting paid hourly and then having to put in unpaid overtime on the weekends.

ok what do i need to do

i can troubleshoot local and remote networks or research pharmaceutical data points or whatever

let's do this, boss

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    Spoil the movie and I'll fucking kill you!
    I wasn't spoiling the movie. Chill.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010

ok what do i need to do

i can troubleshoot local and remote networks or research pharmaceutical data points or whatever

let's do this, nigs

Just write an obsessively detailed report of everything I did during the week in five minute increments.

Feral on

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    When did Joseph Gordon-Levitt become so popular?

Did I miss something since 3rd Rock from the Sun?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited July 2010

Link a bit NSFW

I see.

No you don't, that's the point!

So It Goes on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What is science anyway?

It's a thing you do with test tubes and colorful liquids. It costs a whole lot of money and it's the reason you can leave McDonalds happy meal out on a shelf for a year and the packaging decomposes more than the food does.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SiG I approve of the new av/sig set by the way. That scene was fucking fantastic.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010

let's wistfully recall our days in Bad Company 2

do you remember when you shot that guy? that was so great

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    Honk wrote: »

He's done a few movies. He's a decent actor. He is incredibly well styled and good looking in Inception.

So It Goes on
    edited July 2010

Since he was in the hit blockbuster Inception and thus got media exposure every star needs to become popular.

Kagera on
    edited July 2010
    Enough about my life.

So what does the girl in the peach dress look like, Chu?

Feral on

edited July 2010

The Lookout was what did it for me.

MrMister on
    edited July 2010

Link a bit NSFW

I see.

No you don't, that's the point!

Doh!

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.