As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]: Earth Defense Fleet No. 3 - GAME OVER. VILLAGE VICTORY.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well, I fully expect to lose both damaged ships tonight, which almost guarantees the loss, unless we can take out the Labia as well

I tried to escape but some idiot forgot to install escape pods.

What kind of battleship doesn't have escape pods.

Also remember, targeting is random, so the damaged ships might get really lucky.

Yeah, about that.....

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I fully expect to lose both damaged ships tonight, which almost guarantees the loss, unless we can take out the Labia as well

Also, I wouldn't be counting on any airlocks tonight....

If this is the case....

romanqwerty on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Khan will kill them

Phyphor on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think we rolled pretty well, but it depends on what you all did.

Banning me from the proboards. Meanies.

Megatin on
    edited July 2010
    I thought we locked down the TOs?

Oh nvm...grrr

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2010
    I really should have seen this from the narration yesterday, oh well

Phyphor on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If the Williams died tonight, I would like to take this opportunity to preemptively call you all bastards.

If the Williams lived, then what I really mean is it's an honor to serve in such a great fleet.

Bremen on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So do we have any loyalists on the Khan at all?

Celebrim on
  • Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shenanigans! Huzzah!

Captain Marcus on
    edited July 2010
    If a third of the players in the phalla are mafia...

Phyphor on
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Celebrim wrote: »
    So do we have any loyalists on the Khan at all?

Stop teasing them man, let the test tube babies find out for themselves.

Minor Second on
    edited July 2010

Perhaps some of the Venusian ships are Earth sympathisers?

romanqwerty on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OOOOOooooooOOOOOoOOOOoooooOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r074ifr8NtE

Venus Forever!

OOOOOOooooOOOOOooOOOOoOOO

Teucrian on
    edited July 2010

Perhaps some of the Venusian ships are Earth sympathisers?

They're not doing a good job of showing it!

Phyphor on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    FROM HELL'S HEART...

ah021209khan.jpg

Pegasus.png

The last two Vipers rocket away from the Cain and her science officer queues-up another torpedo for launch.

Last 2 Vipers launched.
    Nuclear missile loaded & arming.
    Nuclear missile armed.

The captain boosts power to the ship's shields and weapons, while the helmsman steers her between the Williams and the Labius, forcing the battleship's attention onto herself and giving the YT-1300 some breathing space.

Labius forced into medium range with the Williams, and may only fire on the Cain this turn.

The engineer & tactical officer are enjoying Martini Mondays in the ship's lounge.

"Encyclopedia, has there been any communication from the Cain to enemy vessels, and if so, who authorized that communication?"

“Encyclopedia confirms negative answer. No communications have been detected from the ESN Cain to any enemy ships.”

MFalcon-dam.png

The Williams dispatches it's trusty astromech droid to extinguish plasma fires, seal coolant leaks & weld bulkheads back together, even as the Khan continues it's dogged pursuit of the freighter.

1 Emergency Repair spent. 16 damage repaired.

The helmsman jinks hard to the right, executing a barrel roll to try and shake any weapon lock that might otherwise acquire his vessel.

The chief engineer, anticipating further attacks, drills his subordinates and ensures that everyone is ready to patch the vessel up if it starts to take a pounding. The science office attempts to have another torpedo loaded into the ship's tubes, but the loading screw can't quite figure out which way around the darn thing is supposed to go.

Emergency repair charged.

The tactical officer fires a volley from the forward lasers at the now distract Labius, but misses his mark. The captain sees that someone is, in fact, posting some incorrect information on the Internet, and decides that this takes priority over spaceship dueling right now.

SSD-dam.png

The Piett's chief engineer directs her damage control teams to conduct emergency repairs on the vessel, barking orders through the ship's internal comms.

1 Emergency Repair spent. 15 damage repaired.

The captain shouts at the empty seat once occupied by the helmsman, apparently forgetting in the heat of the moment that they had ejected the 5 year veteran pilot of the vessel into space upon suspicion of treason just a few moments ago.

“All ships, intensify forward firepower! Target the Labius!”

The admiral transmits fire control data to all ships in the fleet. An archer missile is loosed from the Chief, a Tachyon Pulse is ejected from the rear launcher of the Khan, the Williams loops back and opens-up with it's forward laser, the Cain's main guns fire away and the Piett's point-defense trench lasers open-up. Caught in the maelstrom of explosions, the Labius's shields absorb most of the warheads' energy before failing.

29 damage. 16 damage to Labius's shields; they collapse. 13 damage to the Labius's hull.

The tactical officer tries to pelt the Labius with another burst from the SSD's trench guns, but the shots deflect harmlessly off of the target's hull.

“Computer. Is there a way to evacuate crew from a ship?”

“Encyclopedia confirms negative answer. The ESN Piett's planned emergency evacuation pod system was canceled by the navy budget office. Recitation of chairman Dobbs's reasoning follows:

'Why the hell would we want something that expensive on board a ship anyway? I mean, it's just a liability. Haven't you guys seen the movies? That's the sort of thing the bad guys will use to get away! We haven't put escape pods for the last 5 years, and I sure as Hell don't see why we should suddenly start putting them in now.' ”

Reliant.png

The Khan's torpedo tubes light-up as it's chase of the Williams continues; a Tachyon Pulse heads straight for the little freighter, but the violent evasive maneuvers of it's helmsman saves her. A quantum torpedo is then fired at the Piett, slamming into her mid-section and nearly shearing her apart.

ESN Piett takes 28 damage to her hull.

Pillar%20of%20Autumn.png

The Chief's science officer redirects power from the apparently crazed tactical officer's station to the helmsman, who charges the ship ahead to catch the attention of the Mammaridian while also firing the MAC gun at the Labius, blasting a fiery hole through an important-looking protrusion.

Labius takes 10 damage to her hit points.
    Mammaridian may only target the Chief today.

The Spartan tries to make his way to the torpedo bay of the Mammaridian, but takes a wrong turn. Bullets pepper the corridor behind him as defenders attempt and fail to stop the super soldier. The chief engineer boosts power to the ship's shields, while the captain is caught-up renewing his XBL membership.

The Chief receives a temporary +8 boost to it's shields.

Venusian.png

The Labius maneuvers into point-blank range with the ESN Cain and her cloud of Vipers, trying to carve her open with her cutter beams. The Cain pivots to deflect most of the weapon's energy, however; it glances ineffectually back into space. A boarding pod then breaches the Cain's hull

A boarding party enters the Cain.

The Mammaridian fires on the ESN Chief, scoring direct hits with the Eye of Lucifer, but the extra buffer on the shields takes the punch out of the attack.

ESN Chief takes 13 damage; 8 damage absorbed by shield boost, 5 damage absorbed by shields.

Another fighter launches from her bays, and the previous two close to point-blank range with the Chief.

Fighters launched; 2 fighters close to point-blank range with the ESN Chief.

With a flash of blue light, one more intruder appears on the ESN Cain

A boarding party enters the ESN Cain

The two boarding parties on the ESN Piett burst into the bridge, gun blazing. The tactical officer and admiral are hit; a squad of stormtroopers rush them to sickbay as the firefight rages on.

Romanqwerty and Wildcat are hauled to sickbay after being incapacitated by boarders.

“ESN Khan, this is the Earth Space Navy Command. We have found the dead body of the man who was supposed to be assigned as your helmsman. The helmsman on board your ship must be an imposter! You must terminate them at once!”

“...Oh, really? Are you sure, command? He looks like the right man for this job to me. I don't believe I'll be following your recommendation.”

“...What? ...Khan!? …Khan, respond, dammit!”

“Goodbye, command.”

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNN!

CASUALTIES:

None. Minor Second voted for airlocking, but ESN Khan refused the order to airlock their own crew member.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Megatin obviously

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    Getting this out of the way now.

Megatin

Celebrim on
    edited July 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Romanqwerty and Wildcat are hauled to sickbay after being incapacitated by boarders.

What does this mean with regards to game rules?

romanqwerty on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Any boarders that aren't eliminated by engineers will attempt to incapacitate crew members at random. All normal crewmen have an Armor Class of 16; if the boarder attacks you and rolls over this number, you'll be laid-out in sickbay. If you're in sick bay, the only thing you can do each day is attempt to recover from your injuries - roll a d20, and when/if you roll over 10, you'll be recovered and ready to go for the next day.

Megatin on
    edited July 2010
    Bad stuff. What are the shield strengths of all the ships?

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    Any boarders that aren't eliminated by engineers will attempt to incapacitate crew members at random. All normal crewmen have an Armor Class of 16; if the boarder attacks you and rolls over this number, you'll be laid-out in sickbay. If you're in sick bay, the only thing you can do each day is attempt to recover from your injuries - roll a d20, and when/if you roll over 10, you'll be recovered and ready to go for the next day.

I meant with regards to communicating and voting etc.

romanqwerty on
    edited July 2010
    He's probably going to update the OP with ship statuses.

Are our victory conditions to defeat only the 3 Venusian ships?

Celebrim on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    I think we rolled pretty well, but it depends on what you all did.

Banning me from the proboards. Meanies.

Yeah sorry i am too lazy to make a new one megatin.

Oh and gg this is mostly up to chance now... or is it?

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited July 2010
    Okay, the Labia has no shields and only 15hp. Our torps do d6+12 so that plus anything else (a multitarget weapon) will kill it. The Mammaridian has double the defenses of the Khan and 3 higher AC so I don't see any reason to not wipe out the Khan tonight as well

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    Celebrim wrote: »
    He's probably going to update the OP with ship statuses.

Are our victory conditions to defeat only the 3 Venusian ships?
    They must destroy the enemy ships.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so definitely take out the Khan tonight then

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    I don't know what that Spartan can do over on the Mammaridian, but my vote is for disabling weapons if possible.

Celebrim on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh. Things are not looking good for me on the Piett. Megatin obviously needs the boot though.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited July 2010
    Okay, the Labia has no shields and only 15hp. Our torps do d6+12 so that plus anything else (a multitarget weapon) will kill it. The Mammaridian has double the defenses of the Khan and 3 higher AC so I don't see any reason to not wipe out the Khan tonight as well

The Labius has taken a total of 37 damage to her hull so far, from all days' worth of firing.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think you guys can leave the Labius to me; Each of my vipers is in gun range of it, each can do 1d8 damage, and I add a very substantial number to my rolls. All of the main ships should focus on the Khan.

Farangu on
    edited July 2010
    Oh right, forgot the Piett fired at her on day 1

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    Edit: I might need one ship's help, but the rest should focus on the Khan.

And Megatin

Farangu on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just want to say great flying everyone, you did good.

I suggest we not leave anything in one person's hands because there are doubtless still traitors out there.

Bremen on
    edited July 2010
    Oh right, forgot the Piett fired at her on day 1

Dunadan fired at her.

Poor, neglected Dunadan...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Speaking of neglect, I really need to find two replacements for a pair of no-shows. Does anyone know who I could contact that might be interested?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited July 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    I think you guys can leave the Labius to me; Each of my vipers is in gun range of it, each can do 1d8 damage, and I add a very substantial number to my rolls. All of the main ships should focus on the Khan.

The Labius is only at 3 hp, not 15, my bad. Multiattack abilities should include the Labius, but the Khan should be the main focus

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Speaking of neglect, I really need to find two replacements for a pair of no-shows. Does anyone know who I could contact that might be interested?

Put [REPLACEMENTS NEEDED] in the title and post in the signup thread I guess?

Phyphor on
    edited July 2010
    Oh, well if the Labius is at 3, then you can definitely leave it up to me. Focus cannons on the Khan.

Farangu on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll take a spot if it pleases the fleet.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited July 2010
    Might want to colour it/send a PM so Ender sees it.

Welcome aboard, now get to work shooting at the Venusians

Phyphor on