As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Free and also Awesome

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I haven't been able to play this game in like FOUR or FIVE days

I miss it like a toad misses his rock

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just played a normal game that had Shen, Heimer, Xin, Morde and Garon.
    so much pain.

skettios on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TF is the master kill stealer:
    TeamFuckYou.jpg

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    if I ever do play this game again, I need to get in more arranged teams with you guys

I'm tired of relying on the proness of strangers

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    playing a broken team is fun as hell at low elo

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    shank play now

we're being dumb

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've just been given a new name for a completely bullshit ashe ult from the fountain that nails a carry and results in a won teamfight

I call it

the ICBM 8-)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    damn i'm no good at shen

like at all :(

Zoel on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tried Twitch for the first time tonight, and went 12-6-6. He seems pretty owny (I usually pull a 7-9-10 or something)

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    twitch is a pretty great hero against people with anterograde amnesia

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    twitch is high damage, nobody should really feel bad about getting iced by him

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A few vision wards and an oracles elixir makes it hard for a Twitch to be very effective.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »

unless you're playing with people who don't know about vision wards and feed him all game, which is a very realistic possibility, there is no reason to die against twitch more than once in a round

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

unless you're playing with people who don't know about vision wards and feed him all game, which is a very realistic possibility, there is no reason to die against twitch more than once in a round

basically what happened

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just looked at the new notes, poor heimer with more nerfs.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just tried out Fiddlestick after sucking for a few rounds using the Ezreal I brought. Wow this guy basically can't die in the early game due to his fear and lifedrain skill.

Peas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

yes, teemo is bad too

just to keep this theme going

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mushrooms are so annoying.

The most annoying thing probably. Especially on a squishy character.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    a more concise statement is never listen to bote about anything

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

yes, teemo is bad too

just to keep this theme going

teemo...isn't built around his stealth, and isn't a one-shotter like twitch

i don't know what you're doing here, anjin

I'm not saying that twitch is an awful character or anything, but if you have a vision ward down and he comes by, he's gone

he's great against goofy pubbies but arranged teams got no excuse

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Spoom182Spoom182 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've got 3187 IP. Who should I buy? Mordekaiser and Olaf look like badasses, but apparently they kind of suck. Any suggestions?

Spoom182 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Spoom182 wrote: »
    I've got 3187 IP. Who should I buy? Mordekaiser and Olaf look like badasses, but apparently they kind of suck. Any suggestions?

I kind of like Olaf because VIKING BERSERKER FUCK YEAH but from a purely gameplay perspective, he feels somehow like a Jax but worse, so I don't play him much right now

Mordekaiser is basically unkillable in the early game though because of his shield, and he's definitely fun, he just palls in the lategame because his damage output is kinda meh. Fun ult though.

All told I'd buy Mordekaiser.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Spoom182Spoom182 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know, I'm not too hot on either aside from their aesthetic awesomeness. I had kind of hoped that a "Master of Metal" would be able to hit like a truck, but I guess not. What are some other fun heroes that aren't in this week's rotation?

Spoom182 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Spoom182 wrote: »

go morde unless you suck at tanking

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    depends what you're looking for

Morde and Olaf aren't bad or anything -- Morde is a little more off-tanky, and Olaf is more straight DPS. Neither are good enough that a bad player could still carry his team with them, but they're not, y'know, doing their team any hurt

if you like melee burst characters with more survivability than Akali and Panth and so on, you should check out Poppy. Doesn't quite have the survivability of Morde, I think, but she is a lot of fun to play and can do absolutely disgusting damage in very short order

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This is why I love playing Ashe right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVsHT5rnYwg

I didn't pull off anything THIS grandiose tonight, mind you, but I had a few good ones

Ledneh on
  • Options
    kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    New Skins in the Store
    Count Vladimir
    Marquis Vladimir
    Hot Rod Corki
    Groovy Zilean

PVP.net 1.15.10
    Fixed a bug where Champion Select music would turn back on sometimes even when it was muted
    Fixed a bug where ratings were not appearing in buddy tooltips correctly for high rated players
    Fixed a freeze that would happen sometimes when buddies logged on or off
    Fixed a freeze that would happen sometimes when choosing a Champion.
    Fixed a bug where Champion Selection leavers were always identified as "Summoner 1"
    Fixed a bug with rune page tooltips in the Summoner screen where they were not always showing all of the stats

League of Legends v1.0.0.97

Vladimir, The Crimson Reaper
    Transfusion: Vladimir drains the lifeforce of his target, dealing magic damage and healing himself for 25% of that amount.
    Sanguine Pool: Vladimir sinks into a pool of blood for 2.5 seconds, becoming untargetable and slowing enemies above him. Vladmir deals magic damage to targets above him and heals himself for 15% of that amount.
    Tides of Blood: Vladimir unleashes a torrent of blood, damaging surrounding enemies. Additionally, multiple Tides of Blood in a short period of time cause them to cost additional health and deal additional damage, and increases his healing and regeneration by 8%.
    (Ultimate) Hemoplague: Vladimir infects the target area with a virulent plague that increases the damage they take for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, infected enemies take magic damage.
    (Passive) Crimson Pact: Bonus health gives Vladimir bonus ability power, and every bonus ability power gives Vladimir bonus health (does not stack with itself).

Ashe
    Focus (passive) will now display a buff showing how much extra crit chance Ashe has

Blitzcrank
    Fixed a bug with Rocket Grab that allowed instant cast teleport spells to teleport people out of a grab after it had already hit and they were in the process of being pulled.

Ezreal
    Fixed a discrepancy in Essence Flux's level-up tooltip that incorrectly mentioned a heal

Garen
    Garen can now cast all of his spells while using Judgment instead of just Courage.
    Slightly increased the range of Judgment

Heimerdinger
    CH1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio reduced to .55 from .7
    CH1 Concussion Grenade range reduced to 925 from 1000
    Fixed a bug with H28G Evolutionary Turret in which level 2 and level 3 turrets were dealing full damage to towers.

Katarina
    Bouncing Blades cooldown increased to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 from 8 at all ranks
    Voracity (Passive) gold gain on kills and assists reduced to 25 from 50

Kayle
    Righteous Fury tooltip adjusted to indicate the buff duration and attack range increase
    Divine Blessing
    Movement speed bonus reduced to a flat 12% from 10/12/14/16/18%
    Mana cost increased to 60/65/70/75/80from 50/55/60/65/70
    Ability power ratio reduced to .5 from .6

Kog'Maw
    Base attack range increased to 500 from 450.
    Caustic Spittle range increased to 625 from 600.
    Bio Arcane Barrage bonus range reduced to 130/160/190/220/250 from 140/180/220/260/300

Mordekaiser
    Fixed a bug with Children of the Grave where it was granting permanent ability power and damage in some circumstances

Shaco
    Deceive cooldown increased to 10 seconds from 8.5
    Hallucinate’s clone will now take 150% increased damage at all ranks instead of 200/165/135%. The tooltip inaccurately stated that Shaco's clone would take 135% increased damage at all ranks.

Shen
    Fixed a bug with Shadow Dash where it would play the Taunt sound when dashing over Null Zone

Twisted Fate
    Fixed a bug where using Pick a Card versus inhibitors would cause the queued up effect to play the sound and particle during each attack

Xin Zhao
    Base attack speed reduced to .658 from .679. This will also lower his attack speed gain from items and abilities by a similar percentage
    Attack speed per level reduced to 2.6% from 2.8%
    Audacious Charge
    Area of effect radius reduced to 225 from 350
    Slow percentage reduced to 20/25/30/35/40% from 40% at all levels
    Slow duration reduced to 1.7 seconds from 2 seconds
    Fixed a bug where Xin Zhao could appear to slow down during his charge if he attempted to move too much
    Crescent Sweep base damage lowered to 125/250/375 from 150/275/400
    Crescent Sweep percentage of current health damage lowered to 20% from 25% at all levels

Zilean
    Chronoshift's buff icon will now display a timer for when the buff will fade.

Items
    Guardian Angel will now display a timer showing how long until the effect is ready again
    Zhonya's Ring no longer removes stealth upon activation
    Wriggles Lantern no longer removes stealth when used
    Executioner's Calling will no longer remove stealth when used
    Fixed a bug with Trinity Force that was causing the proc on spell cast to do less damage than intended.
    Fixed a bug with Randuin's Omen where the activation effect was not unique
    Fixed a bug where Ignite could be cast while in stasis from Zhonya's Ring

Summoner Spells
    Exhaust, Teleport, Flash, Heal, Clarity, Rally, Ignite, and Smite now remove stealth when used
    Cleanse, Fortify, Clairvoyance, Ghost, and Revive can be used without breaking stealth

General
    Added new targeting reticules for skill shots. These can be turned off in the options menu.
    Global turret experience on Summoner's Rift (Summer/Winter) decreased to 60/100/140 from 140/190/240
    Global turret experience on Twisted Treeline decreased to 60/100 from 140/190
    Mouse wheel scrolling on the minimap is now disabled by default
    Fixed a bug where Champions would move through walls when taking certain paths
    Fixed a bug with Death Recap where it was not displaying damage from abilities like Jack in the Box or H28G Evolution Turrets
    Fixed a bug where the Scoreboard was not properly updating enemy items when they came into visibility
    Fixed a bug where destroyed Inhibitors would display a debug string when pinged

new notes!

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh yes garen got buffed

yesss

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wish they would make a new skin for corki already

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was playing with a couple buddies who laned together as Xin and Garen and they were basically an unstoppable synergizing duo

With the buffs to Garen more than compensating for the nerfs to Xin, their time will continue to shine I think

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    im loving garen so much

i need a backup champ though

and none of this rotation's champs strike me

Projeck on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    played a karthas that ended up with 1350 AP by the end of the game

we still won

it was the most ridiculous game ever

Kovak on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kabuki64 wrote: »
    Revive can be used without breaking stealth

haha, what

Zandracon on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    think I might drop Real Life Money to buy Vladmir because I just bought Malzahar and I really need IP for runes but I really want hiiiim~

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    think I might drop Real Life Money to buy Vladmir because I just bought Malzahar and I really need IP for runes but I really want hiiiim~

you gay baby

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    projeck I'd really appreciate if you didn't call me names and demean me it's super hurtful

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    im sorry

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I can forgive but I'm not sure if I can forget projeck

not sure if I can forget

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    why would you want to forget me

that's so rude

Projeck on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Projeck wrote: »
    im loving garen so much

i need a backup champ though

and none of this rotation's champs strike me

I thought the current Garen is already perfect as he is now but this buff is pretty sweet.

Peas on
This discussion has been closed.