As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40k] Tim is on a horse. Monocle smile!

1545556575860»

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Orks are the lamest army in 40k. They're all just green things that hit things and is a total rip-off of warcraft orcs.
    Just doing my part to fill up the thread!

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What the hell is the 40k thing? More like Starcrafthammer 40k. GW totally ripped off Blizzard!
    MOAR POATS

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also, Imperial Guard is the least fun army ever to play. Who likes sitting still and shooting? Well, guard players, apparently.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    edited July 2010
    And the Ultramarines just need to shut the fuck up.

Matrias on
    edited July 2010
    You know, Nids are a stupid cheesey army. Do you really need that many monstrous creatures? Does any army? What a bunch of asses.

Matrias on
    edited July 2010
    Also, what the hell Eldar + Tau players? I get that being gay is not a choice, but you have a choice of whether you're playing a gay army or not.

And now I'm done saying things I don't mean in the effort of stimulating angry page posting..

Matrias on
  • It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Space wolves are furries

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It Burns wrote: »
    Space wolves are furries

Oh shit. It's on now.

Matrias: I totally used the DoW disc as a coaster.
    I love you guys.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My Dawn of War 2 box was a real good piece of kindling for my fireplace.

Huntera on
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Space wolves are furries

Space wolves: in the yif yiff yiff yiff their is only yiff

Huntzy on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope you all felt incredibly dirty after saying those things. Shame on you all.

So... I heard Black Templars are getting a codex update this year. Its actually going to be a combined Inquisition + BT + DA book. Initial reports say the double wing with mystics and an Emperor's Champion will be the new "leafblower"

I read it on Warseer

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited July 2010
    My OP is probably going to be a total let down as well.

@Nax: Well that's gotta be true then.

Librarian's ghost on

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I ordered Starcraft 2 from amazon.ca and it's not shipping until friday.

Sharp101 on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tau codex is the next one out.
    They're getting several new battle suits, one for the tau, one piloted by kroot, and one by vespid. They can join together to create a giant robot.
    The kit is going to be the first of GW's new technology, "light 'n sound", and will have buttons built in to make explosion noises and light up guns.
    Batteries not included.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wasn't there a Chaos Marines Apoc formation where you had to make a penis out of Slannesh Rhinos and Land Raiders? Something like +4 to Ramming rolls?

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    I ordered Starcraft 2 from amazon.ca and it's not shipping until friday.

Got my copy today (won't play till tomorrow tho, didn't have time today).
    The flip side is there was some kind of shipping madness with the final volume of scott pilgrim and it's not in comic shops over here yet.

er, i mean, something about space marines.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »
    They're getting several new battle suits, one for the tau, one piloted by kroot, and one by vespid. They can join together to create a giant robot.
    The kit is going to be the first of GW's new technology, "light 'n sound", and will have buttons built in to make explosion noises and light up guns.
    Batteries not included.

lootin 'dis

SJ on
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wasn't there a Chaos Marines Apoc formation where you had to make a penis out of Slannesh Rhinos and Land Raiders? Something like +4 to Ramming rolls?

I believe that the built-in weapons got one lower of an armor pentetration

Huntzy on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huntzy wrote: »

I believe that the built-in weapons got one lower of an armor pentetration

But only when attacking from the rear.

see317 on
    edited July 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Batteries not included.

lootin 'dis

I would buy these if that really happened.

Librarian's ghost on

edited July 2010
    Okay class. Your assignment for tonight is to finish four more pages before I wake up tomorrow morning. Try to keep it close to 99 or a 100.

Librarian's ghost on

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OK here's a good way to do it, continue this:

"There once was a Blood Angel....

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    edited July 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    OK here's a good way to do it, continue this:

"There once was a Blood Angel....

who's name was Emo....

Librarian's ghost on

• Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ... and was rocking some 30 Seconds to Mars...

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
    edited July 2010
    ....but then all of a sudden...

Matrias on
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He punched a Space Wolf in the face. The End.

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    .. of Baal, as the space wolves got pissed and...

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bjorn the Fell handed smashed up a stormraven, put the pieces on and yelled "look everyone I'm a blood angel dreadnought I'm cool and have little pointy nails instead of real weapons!".

And ragnar blackmane bro-fisted him.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As promised, I tried to take some pictures of the goods that are in my friends garage.

I went over today to play a game of warhammer, intending to use each group of IG as a separate platoon. Maybe play a 2000 point game, you know.

After the first two hours we had found what we thought was all the guardsmen, and then we set about organizing and recording all of them. Brian bought foam trays from Battle Foam to store them all in, since they are not ours and have been receiving wear and tear due to us for years. He thought 10 trays would be enough. He'll be ordering more soon.

Here is a picture of some of the Praetorians. There are about 80 of them total.
    4836882940_cab353d240.jpg

Here are the Praetorian Rough Riders, which I was a little disappointed to learn were conversions.
    4836267379_f6c67f535c.jpg

4836307711_a12bf4797f_b.jpg

These are a few of the Valhallans, which seemed to be the most plentiful, and existed in three distinct color schemes.
    4836272309_7f2015a6ff.jpg
    (There seem to be some Tallarns in the corner)

Next up are the Mordian, which look an awful lot like the Praetorians, but are still hot. These were the least numerous, although Brian may be buying a lot off ebay soon.
    4836880140_3800343e64.jpg
    Here we see a double rank squeezed between other guard types. Behind are the Tallarn again, and in front are the artillery detachment of the Praetorians. They look very Mordian-like, but that's just a concidence.

Here are the Tallarn Desert Raiders. These were painted the poorest, and are thus probably the oldest.
    4836938082_57d362b23b.jpg
    This picture is like a "Where's Waldo?" for special characters. Barely visible are some tallarn rough riders. Proper ones.

4836881056_a800f8c7ce.jpg
    This is the only old school sentinel in the shop.

These are some of the 20 IG vehicles that have congregated over the years.
    4836268367_a08d7cd72d.jpg

4836330871_e561d76df5.jpg
    The vehicles are all either Tallarn or Cadian.

And here is a group shot. We believe we're looking at about 510 guardsmen here.
    4836266347_a3d544df48_b.jpg

4836265107_7ddfa8733c_b.jpg

4836263981_e60fa4b6b8_b.jpg
    Every time I would stand back and take a group shot we would find another shoe box with a dozen more guardsmen in it. Not picture: A collection of unpainted Tanith First and only models, 30 more Cadians, unpainted, and Creed and his colorguard.

Dividing the mass into roughly 4 armies, I reckon we can get about 2000 points of Praetorian/Mordians, 2000 of Tallarn, 2000 Cadians, and 2000 Valhallans. We thought these four groups loosely corresponded to Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter, respectively. When we can get four players together we'll have a 4 way Battle of the Four Seasons, for the lols.

saluksic on
  • KrakaggarKrakaggar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, is there a limit to how big combined squads are?

First rank, fire! XD

Krakaggar on
    edited July 2010
    Well, 50, as you can only have 5 infantry squads in a platoon.

SJ on
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, and here are Doomcock and Spoogebody. Not to leave the tyrannids out.
    4836269481_43c032339e.jpg

saluksic on
    edited July 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    Bjorn the Fell handed smashed up a stormraven, put the pieces on and yelled "look everyone I'm a blood angel dreadnought I'm cool and have little pointy nails instead of real weapons!".

And ragnar blackmane bro-fisted him.

Ragnar was promptly instant-death'd ,and Bjorn...

Matrias on
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys check out this rad blood angels pic http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/4835209584_25b0dc8827_o.jpg

SJ on
  • zatarzatar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    saluksic wrote: »

Next up are the Mordian, which look an awful lot like the Praetorians, but are still hot. These were the least numerous, although Brian may be buying a lot off ebay soon.
    4836880140_3800343e64.jpg
    Here we see a double rank squeezed between other guard types. Behind are the Tallarn again, and in front are the artillery detachment of the Praetorians. They look very Mordian-like, but that's just a concidence.

Not surprising that they look almost the same, if I remember correctly preatorians are mordians with a headswap. :)

zatar on
    Playing as Tvisling Draygo on Europa-Farstar
  • KrakaggarKrakaggar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just worked on a man while pooping.

I'll never tell you which one.

EDIT: Wait, that sounds wrong. D:

Krakaggar on
  • VikingToTheMaxVikingToTheMax Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My OP is probably going to be a total let down as well.

Anyone let down by the uplifting OP should report to the nearest Commissar for immediate execution.

VikingToTheMax on
  • SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I got a decent deal on some terrain from Amazon. The Basilica Administratum, Manufactorum, Sanctum Imperialis and some Ork barricades with free two day shipping for $89.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
This discussion has been closed.