As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

52 Thread: The Final Weeks

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Huh.

Is that Carrie Robin from DKR?

Sure looks like it.

Man I can't wait for the Booster Gold book. Multiversal hijinx ahoy.

Furu on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good book but I found it profoundly stupid that after Rip shot the guy in the knee he says "THE MULTIVERSE DEPENDS ON IT" then later he says to Booster "We must keep the multiverse a secret!". Maybe you should've kept your mouth shut in front of the evil scientist then Rippy.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Could someone who is exceptionally knowledgeable about the DC Universe please post scans of the pages showing the other earths with names for each of the characters? I recognized the Kingdom Come Earth, the Wildstorm Earth, and the Charlton Earth, but there were other ones I didn't understand. I also didn't notice the Carrie Robin at all. Which Earth did she appear on?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Could someone who is exceptionally knowledgeable about the DC Universe please post scans of the pages showing the other earths with names for each of the characters? I recognized the Kingdom Come Earth, the Wildstorm Earth, and the Charlton Earth, but there were other ones I didn't understand. I also didn't notice the Carrie Robin at all. Which Earth did she appear on?

Not all the Earths were shown in 52.

If you go by the theory that the card numbers on the Booster Gold cover = what world the character on the card is from, which would make sense what with Earth 2 Batman and Robin and Supernova being from Earth 9, then Carrie Robin is from Earth 7

Furu on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Earth Two is similar to the original Earth 2, with what appears to be a redisigned Infinity Inc, along with the original JSofA. (Or even just a new version of the JSofA altogether)

Earth Three is your Crime Syndicate of America earth

Earth Four is the Charlton Earth

Earth Five is the Fawcett Earth (Earth S)

Earth Ten features the Freedom Fighters, and a world where the Nazi's won WWII (Earth X)

Earth Seventeen features the Atomic Knights

Earth Twenty Two is Kingdom Come

Earth Fifty is Wildstorm

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited May 2007
    Booster Gold cover? What?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Bad Karma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Carrie's on the front of Booster Gold #1, available for viewing over at Wizard.
    Earth 17- Home of the Atomic Knights from Strange Adventures.
    Earth 3- CSA Earth, with Ultraman, Owlman, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Power Ring, and an unknown Martian Manhunter analogue.
    Earth 10- Formerly Earth X, where Nazis won World War II, featuring Phantom Lady, Doll Man, Uncle Sam, Black Condor, The Ray, and the Human Bomb, and apparently a Nazi JLA.
    Earth 5- Formerly Earth S, featuring Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, Mary Marvel, Tawky Tawny, and Mister Atom.
    Earth 2- Earth 2, home of the original Justice Society; only difference from New Earth is Helena Wayne is Huntress, and its Kryptonians are missing, being that Power Girl's on New Earth and Kal-L is dead. The Flash's costume's also different, as is Green Lantern's.
    Earth 4- Charlton Earth, with Judomaster, Question, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Nightshade, Captain Atom, and Peacemaker.

Munch on
    edited May 2007
    Thank you all.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    When's the Booster series start?
    Personally, I think Skeets should get his own series. And TV show.

Dondums on
    internet
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Earth Two is similar to the original Earth 2, with what appears to be a redisigned Infinity Inc, along with the original JSofA. (Or even just a new version of the JSofA altogether)

Earth Three is your Crime Syndicate of America earth

Earth Four is the Charlton Earth

Earth Five is the Fawcett Earth (Earth S)

Earth Ten features the Freedom Fighters, and a world where the Nazi's won WWII (Earth X)

Earth Seventeen features the Atomic Knights

Earth Twenty Two is Kingdom Come

Earth Fifty is Wildstorm

We can only assume that three-four additional earths will be:

Dark Knight Returns Earth
    Tangent Earth
    and possibly Earth-C & Earth-C-Minus (Captain Carrot Earths)

Squashua on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A guy over at Newsarama's DC's board, in what might be a celebratory move over the return of the Multiverse, has decided to make a CW blank-banner-like sig available for those who wanna show off which of the 52 Earths he or she like best. Thought I'd bring it to light here for anyone still interested in that kind of thing. I'm also posting one proper example and one 'not-so-proper' example.

multiversetemp.jpg

multiversebanner.jpg

lobobanner.jpg

Owenashi on
    edited May 2007
    Heh,

Oh Lobo.

Bad Karma on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

I find it funny that the numbers are hidden on the cards with Poorly-Wrtten Max, Brainiac 5, Mr. Mind and Rip.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In light of our earlier confusion...

multiverse5.jpg

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just noticed this in the Booster Gold article:
    Superstar writer Geoff Johns (Green Lantern) teams with New Line Cinema Executive Producer Jeff Katz (“Snakes on a Plane”)

Motherfucking snakes.

This is going to be such an awesome book.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I like the concept for this Booster Gold book. The whole time-traveling superhero thing sounds awesome.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    I just noticed this in the Booster Gold article:
    Superstar writer Geoff Johns (Green Lantern) teams with New Line Cinema Executive Producer Jeff Katz (“Snakes on a Plane”)

Motherfucking snakes.

This is going to be such an awesome book.

MOTHS ON A MULTIVERSE

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Heh.
    This made me chuckle.
    tab_headlines_lg.jpgspacer.gif

Interoffice Emails

by Various

EVERYWHERE, May 3 — To: Lois Lane
    Subject: State of the website
    Sorry Lane, but I need you to write up a quick puff piece for tomorrow's online front page. Something explaining why we're not going to post any new articles on the site. The simple fact of the matter is that it's just become too darn expensive paying for all those pixels and the like. We're going to go under if we keep shelling out cash for all that digital mumbo jumbo. Paper's the wave of the future, I'm telling you. The digital age is dead. A sheet of that online nonsense is triple the cost of a simple reel of newsprint.
    But put a spin on it, Lane. Make it look like we're not trying to cut corners or anything. Site some obscure study or something on how computers are bad for the eyes or...
    Great Caesars'...are you seeing this? Look out the window. There's some kind of giant insect in the sky. Man, that thing's...
    * The following was translated from German:
    [To: Lois Lane
    Subject: The state of our beloved web page
    My Dearest Lois,
    Unfortunately things are not to proceed as I had hoped. The financial situation our news establishment is undergoing is forcing us to abandon our love of the online medium in pursuit of other venues. If only our benefactor, Mr. Lee Travis, was able to...
    My word! Peer out your window this instant, Ms. Lane! There seems to be a giant moth gnawing at, yes, at the very sky itself. As if fiercely hungry, and the only thing to sate its ferocious appetite is, rather than a well-tailored sports jacket as is usually the case, the fabric of the very universe itself.
    Egad, I wonder if there's still time for a spot of tea. I've just recently purchased this delightful Earl Grey...]
    To: Jimmy Olsen
    Subject: Website Nonsense
    Olsen:
    Listen worm, write up a piece for tomorrow's online edition. The Subject: the death of the website. Make no excuses, and don't give them any extra information. I want to see a germane article. Straight and to the point. Simply put: If you want to read more about what's happening in the world, pay your fifty cents like everyone else. I'm not running a charity, Olsen. Make that clear to the rabble.
    And no mention of Superwoman for once. Can you handle that, you little snitch? The world doesn't care about what's going on in that pathetic little heart of yours. In fact...
    Oh, this is too funny. Are you seeing what's happening outside the window? That moth thing is going to eat...
    To: Ronald Troupe
    Subject: Our website
    Hey Ron,
    Listen, so I just got back from meeting with the board of directors, and it seems like we're going to have to stop posting on the site. We can keep the old articles around for a bit, but they said something about a limit of 52 or something... I don't know. I get distracted easily when I have to meet with those guys.
    Oh, and it feels weird to have to pull rank as your newly appointed editor (stop calling me Chief), but I'm going to have to cut short that "Magog Acquitted" article by a paragraph or two. We want to put a pie chart there and we have this really great angry-face Superman photo that...
    Whoa, did you see that? A giant wing or something just flew by my window. Shoot, I have to go. Oh man, now where did I put Jimmy's old watch...
    To: Online Staff
    Subject: Website?
    We don't have time for this online nonsense. We've got a real story to cover out there. Just post this email chain and be done with it...

Bloods End on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    In light of our earlier confusion...

multiverse5.jpg

Which was just silly. Marvel is on the other side of the Source Wall.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited May 2007
    Our last 5.2 article ever.

Plus, previews of Black Adam and 52: Aftermath written by Keith Giffen!

blackadam-Cv1.jpg

52-AFTERMATH-Cv.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can almost hear Black Adam saying, "What's that Mother? No Mother!"

Also looks like he's near a Lazarus pit from all the flowing gas and green lighting.

Munch on
    edited May 2007
    Crazy stuff, that. I'll miss 5.2 .

Squashua on
  • BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So if Earth 50 is Wildstorm, does that mean Booster is going to run into the Midnighter. If so, that's sort of made of win. Midnighter is one of two books I actively read by Wildstorm. Seeing him pop up with a DC mainstay would be pretty amazing.

BornToHula on
    steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Upon seeing that Black Adam image, all I can say is "Oh dear. D: "

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If there's one great thing about 52 it's the way it seemed to elevate the major characters. Suddenly all these B and C listers became heroes on the scale of the Big 3. It was marvelous to behold. Where most of the other "Big Events" from both companies recently have been about tearing heroes down, this was about making them better; it's why it succeeds where most of the other events fail.

On that note, I need to know when the Booster Gold series starts, so I can buy a million copies.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Charmy wrote: »
    If there's one great thing about 52 it's the way it seemed to elevate the major characters. Suddenly all these B and C listers became heroes on the scale of the Big 3. It was marvelous to behold. Where most of the other "Big Events" from both companies recently have been about tearing heroes down, this was about making them better; it's why it succeeds where most of the other events fail.

On that note, I need to know when the Booster Gold series starts, so I can buy a million copies.

I agree, but rather than show everyone as a hero as big as 'The Big 3', I think it showed exactly what the heroes were capable of and willing to do to save people, even those that aren't as powerful.

Fencingsax on
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I agree, but rather than show everyone as a hero as big as 'The Big 3', I think it showed exactly what the heroes were capable of and willing to do to save people, even those that aren't as powerful.

By "scale of", I didn't mean the public reaction to them, or the level of their powers, but the scale of their heroism. Ralph Dibny outsmarts the devil, and Booster Gold saves everything; its the kind of self-sacrifice and heroism that's usually limited to these impossible paragons of virtue like Superman. They're portrayed as every bit the heroes the Big Three are.

So while they maybe weren't meant to be made to be as "big" as the Big Three, it was made clear that when the need arises they can be heroes just as grand.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

By "scale of", I didn't mean the public reaction to them, or the level of their powers, but the scale of their heroism. Ralph Dibny outsmarts the devil, and Booster Gold saves everything; its the kind of self-sacrifice and heroism that's usually limited to these impossible paragons of virtue like Superman. They're portrayed as every bit the heroes the Big Three are.

So while they maybe weren't meant to be made to be as "big" as the Big Three, it was made clear that when the need arises they can be heroes just as grand.

Yeah, that's exactly it.

Fencingsax on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Carrie's on the front of Booster Gold #1, available for viewing over at Wizard.
    Earth 17- Home of the Atomic Knights from Strange Adventures.
    Earth 3- CSA Earth, with Ultraman, Owlman, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Power Ring, and an unknown Martian Manhunter analogue.
    Earth 10- Formerly Earth X, where Nazis won World War II, featuring Phantom Lady, Doll Man, Uncle Sam, Black Condor, The Ray, and the Human Bomb, and apparently a Nazi JLA.
    Earth 5- Formerly Earth S, featuring Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, Mary Marvel, Tawky Tawny, and Mister Atom.
    Earth 2- Earth 2, home of the original Justice Society; only difference from New Earth is Helena Wayne is Huntress, and its Kryptonians are missing, being that Power Girl's on New Earth and Kal-L is dead. The Flash's costume's also different, as is Green Lantern's.
    Earth 4- Charlton Earth, with Judomaster, Question, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Nightshade, Captain Atom, and Peacemaker.

Just a quick note here guys.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/004446523.cfm

#3 is not the Ultraman/Owlman league of villains earth there.

That's Monarch. That's Waverider's universe.

-edit-
    Unless it's the Captain Atom Monarch, who is wandering the bleed at the moment.

God his origins are wacky.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    It's probably Captain Atom, in reference to The Bleed, since that can be used to travel between earths

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    I am so ready for Captain Atom to start kicking arse.

Armageddon turned me right on, but since then? Nothing :(

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    uh dude

Battle for Bludhaven

Sars_Boy on
    edited May 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    uh dude

Battle for Bludhaven

Wasn't very good...at all.

Bad Karma on
    edited May 2007
    I heard it was awful, so I left it be.

Is it actually pretty good?

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i still don`t see why Captain Atom thought it would be a good idea to blow up the entire city again

Green Lantern on
    edited May 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    I heard it was awful, so I left it be.

Is it actually pretty good?

Nah, it really wasn't. Though only reason you would possibly want to read it is very a very small primer on the Uncle Sam and the Freedom FIghters mini, but thats it.

It also has very little Captain Atom in it.

Bad Karma on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So wait, is Earth-2 the World of Deformed Shoulders or something? Look at Batman in that Booster cover. It's like he's got Yellowjacket's uniform on underneath.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I wish Booster would team up with Abraham Lincoln.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I wish Booster would team up with Abraham Lincoln.

That's precisely what I thought when I read that interview.

Squashua on