As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about iphone/ipod touch games

1535455565759»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    It is entirely the lack of feedback.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm going on a airplane trip and looking for a good iPod Touch game to take with me. I've already played hte shit out of Dungeon Master, Space Miner and Angry Birds (Only missing 3stars on 7-13......).

What are some good games to keep my attention in flight? I'm thinking perhaps GTA China Wars or something.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sword & Poker 1 and 2
    Beneath a Steel Sky
    Civilization Revolution
    Sally's Spa
    Fighting Fantasy: Warlock of Firetop Mountain
    possibly Highborn, haven't spent enough time with it yet to wholeheartedly recommend it

wonderpug on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Surviving High School.

No, really. It's a dollar, the character writing quality is actually quite decent (if sanded down for the teen market), and you get a new 20 min episode every week. The default story is an inoffensive choose-your-own-adventure style thing to while away a few hours.

More legitimately, Phoenix Wright (if you haven't tried it) is possible the best value for money on the platform - $5 for 15-20 hours of top-notch mystery and fairly offbeat humour.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check all those out. I've heard nothing but good about Phoenix Wright, I meant to give that a looksee!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bit Pilot has been my drug of choice as of recently. Badass chiptunes, great Geometry Wars-ish bullet-dodging and neat unlockables (new background music and two wallpapers). Plus it's only 99 cents, AFAIK. And I'd definitely recommend any of the point-and-clicks on the store if you're into that kind of thing; I have Secret of Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky and the first Simon the Sorcerer and I like them all, plus I've played the DS port of Broken Sword and that's fantastic as well.

EDIT: Sigma looks rad as hell!

And Robot Unicorn Attack is out now! $2.99.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A light Advance Wars-esque turn-based strategy game came out today. Introductory price of $3: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn/

admanb on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    I'm going on a airplane trip and looking for a good iPod Touch game to take with me. I've already played hte shit out of Dungeon Master, Space Miner and Angry Birds (Only missing 3stars on 7-13......).

What are some good games to keep my attention in flight? I'm thinking perhaps GTA China Wars or something.

Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy or Plants vs. Zombies.

I'd highly suggest Chaos Rings.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Sword & Poker 1 and 2
    Beneath a Steel Sky
    Civilization Revolution
    Sally's Spa
    Fighting Fantasy: Warlock of Firetop Mountain
    possibly Highborn, haven't spent enough time with it yet to wholeheartedly recommend it

What kind of nonman plays Sally's Spa? BWAHAHAHA
    It's so good, one of the best time management games I've played

solsovly on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, you really just have to suck it up and start giving those manicures, and you'll get addicted quickly Wrestle a bear afterward to maintain the balance, if you have to.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Okay everyone, time to eat Bioptic.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Dead ComputerDead Computer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm seeing a lot apps there at 2.99

is 2.99 the new 0.99?

Dead Computer on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So if all goes according to plan my Ipod touch will arrive today. I'm already set with angry birds as soon as it gets here, and will no doubt go on a spending spree late into tonight.

One thing I'd like is a decent game that I could play with my sister via wifi who has an iphone and lives across the country. She's a pretty casual gamer, anything easy to get a grip on that's competitive / cooperative for quick 2-player sessions?

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Okay, peeps—we're reaching the 100 page max, so I'm attempting to organize a new OP into something loosely resembling our favorite games and such. Hit me with your recommendations! I'm already including:

- Bit Pilot, Tilt to Live, Espgaluda II, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Space Miner, Plants vs. Zombies, Edge, Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor, Canabalt, Soosiz, Peggle, Hook Champ, Flight Control, Angry Birds, Monkey Island SE, Beneath a Steel Sky, Drop7, Eliss, Puzzle Quest, Minigore, Real Racing, Geodefense Swarm and Words with Friends.

What other no-questions-asked must-haves are you obsessing over? I was trying to figure out if we should create a Wiki or if that's just overkill, and I can just periodically update the OP with a few favorites. And feel free to disagree with me on my above list if you really feel they're not wholly endorsed.

EDIT: New thread here! With new OP and everything! Validate me!

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm really liking 100 Rogues now that its got a couple of patches in it, and Battle for Wesnoth seems like a given.

admanb on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes, Battle for Wesnoth!

I also like I Dig It and Unify. I figure people are familiar with I Dig It so I'll just post a video of Unify:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W3D-f7edv8

It's 1.99 and there is a Lite version.

I've been playing with the Lite version of Qbism, as well. Very stylish and the controls are smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PtH245pYM8

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Sprite ColaSprite Cola Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dungeon Hunter if you are into Action RPGs

one of the best looking/fun games on the iPhone

Sprite Cola on
  • Options
    topgamer1980topgamer1980 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yes, the game is pretty decent.

But the loading time scares me away...it takes about 2 minutes to load everytime you switch maps

topgamer1980 on
  • Options
    Sprite ColaSprite Cola Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yes, the game is pretty decent.

But the loading time scares me away...it takes about 2 minutes to load everytime you switch maps

actually it's meant for you to take a nap while it loads; it's for your own good.

Sprite Cola on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.