As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fractured Soul Anticipation Station

Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
Alright, I want you to imagine a normal, average sidescroller shooter, like Contra or Metal Slug. Dear penthouse forum, he never thought it could happen to him. He was at a party one night making eyes at that saucy Braid-like-side-scroller-puzzle game. They went off to fool around upstairs, but then that sexy minx Ikaruga joined in, we all know how kinky she is.

Fractured Soul is the love child of that fateful night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqCQCg95_2I&feature=player_embedded

Basically that trailer is all we know so far. You're a spaceman with a gun doing spaceman-with-a-gun things. The twist is that it's two games in one that you play simultaneously, and you only corporeally exist in one game at a time, making for some fiendish puzzles and presumably boss fights. Just watch the video.

I dunno about you guys but this game looks SHIT HOT.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
Raiden333 on

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That trailer just blew my mind. Do want.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay, wow. I didn't think I'd ever see a game that made balancing your attention between both screens as fun as The World Ends With You did, but this one looks like it could be right up there. Color me subscribed to news about this game!

Captain K on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is the first I've heard of it. It looks amazing. That's the kind of shit the DS exists for.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This does look rather interesting! I hope it plays well! Looks like it could be verging on the difficult side of gaming, but that's also refreshing!

My (fat) DS is coming back to life at the moment!!

Snare on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This looks really hard AND amazing!

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy...

Totally preordered.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looks really really neat. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is like the third or fourth time this sort of gameplay was attempted for DS. There's one in particular I'm thinking of but hell if I can find it now. It was originally going to be for GBA (split screens and all) but they moved it to the DS. It had a blue alien hero and I think the two-screens-at-once mechanic was related to time travel...

EDIT: Chronos Twins, that's right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IbWL2Iksw&feature=player_embedded

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chronos Twins looks pretty good, I'll have to check it out to get ready for this.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.