As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Return to Form

RaddRadd Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone,

It's been a few years, not sure how many of the old crowd are still around, but I'm back!

I draw pictures. Here's a few samples;

vatican_princess.jpg
villains.jpg
06-29-10_saul.jpg
07-15-10_strangelove.jpg

I'm also about to wrap up my old webcomic, "Attack of the Amazing Flying Spud". over at http://www.steampowered.net

01-23-10.jpg

I'd been out of the art scene for a few years due to being violently sideswiped by life, but right now I'm hopping back in the saddle and trying to get my art career back on track. Finishing the comic, drawing regularly, focusing on realism where I've always been weakest and I just got a tablet PC so I can work on both digital painting on the go and my first new animation projects since...well, about graduating art school.

So, yeah, plan to be a lot more active around here again.

sp-banner-long.gif
Radd on

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh hey, I remember your stuff! I always liked your facial expressions.

tynic on
  • Options
    CountBlackulaCountBlackula MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back. I like your use of color. Also, the John McCain dude from BSG is awesome.

CountBlackula on
    8JHfoFW.png Dom's Sketch Cast
  • Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    holy god damn I bought a printed copy of some of your webcomic at anime central in chicago in 2005

welcome back, I dig your coloring (still)

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jpeg wrote: »
    holy god damn I bought a printed copy of some of your webcomic at anime central in chicago in 2005

welcome back, I dig your coloring (still)

Hey I think I almost did also!

But I didn't have any cash

Welcome back, bro

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Woot! People remember me!

Heh, I always wanted to finish releasing the individual webcomic issues. Right now, tho, it looks like I'm just going to wait until the last few pages are done (the comic is going to wind up being about 130 pages, and I've already got 122 pages done) and just release a graphic novel with a bit of extra sketchbook art and probably the two comics I did for Otakon's anthology books. After that, I'm planning to do a short animation project before jumping into a brand new comic.

Not certain what I'm going to do for the next comic, but I want to do something slightly less "I wrote this in highschool". I'll probably also try to do it entirely on my tablet. We'll see how well that works out. I'm still a lot more comfortable with paper and pencil.

I also need to kick out some new illustration pieces. Not just the "daily sketch" variety, but the full blown "I spent a week/month on this!" variety.

I'm pretty determined to get a job in animation or design. Right now I've got a lot of dust to shake off, and a lot of work to do.

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My scanner is now defunct. I need to get a new one so I can continue to update the comic. Still sketching a lot on my tablet PC tho. Here's my latest.

07-29-10_ripper.jpg

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit, it's Radd!

Congratulations on nearing completion of your comic!

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back Radd, always loved your stuff. Reminds me of Metal Slug in a good way--not that there's a bad way to be reminded of Metal Slug.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Walked over to Denny's to do some people sketching...unfortunately the place was pretty much empty. So I doodled a bit instead;

dennys_sketches_0001.jpg

Copied over some other random tablet sketches while I was copying that to my desktop;

random_sketches_0001.jpg
    random_sketches_0002.jpg

Really impatient to get a new scanner, but I'm going out of town in a few days so ordering one now would be a bad idea.

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    07-31-10_guano.jpg
    "I'll get you your money, but do you know what will happen to you if you don't get the President on the line?"

"What?"

"You'll have to answer to the Coca Cola company."

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    TauhidTauhid Elizabethtown, KYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember this guy! Hey, guy!

Tauhid on
  • Options
    chezwick beatle hammerchezwick beatle hammer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i don't remember you at all.... pleasure to meet you guy :)

chezwick beatle hammer on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow. I remember your stuff from a while back. Good stuff!

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And yay verily I did don thine boots of walking, and did I so tread with thine boots onwards to thine yonder Denny's. There, much sketching did take place upon my tablet, and yay verily did these sketches be posted for your enjoyment.

totenkopf%20sketches_s.jpg

Sneakith thine peek at what awaits the future!

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    08-05-10_1.jpg
    "SOMEBODY LOST A BABY!"
    "Goo-goo gah?"
    "IGNORE ME!"

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yes! so glad your back!

You were one of my big time inspirations back in the day.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Apologies for the non-art bump, but had to share! I've officially gotten an internship in an animation studio! I'm movin' to New York City!

Radd on
    sp-banner-long.gif
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some good stuff here.
    Though the colors are really flat on that last one. It reads like an under exposed photograph.

Mustang on
  • Options
    shovelkid001shovelkid001 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really like your comic work. Its so...bubbly. And the Dr. StrangeLove portrait, you captured his expression perfectly!

shovelkid001 on