As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've been playing Uncharted(s), recommend me some similar stuff!

mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I pretty much grew up with Tomb Raider, and the last few installments have been a little disapointing. Recently, a friend lent... lended... let me borrow the Uncharted games from him, and I've been fucking hammering them for days now. I'm just on the lookout for thematically similar games.

System options are Playstation 1, 2 or 3, 360, or low-end PC titles.

Recommend on.

Sub-question: Are any of the Indiana Jones games worth playing?

mr-razzcocks on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The last few Tomb Raiders actually were supposed to be pretty enjoyable, but if you didn't like 'em you didn't like 'em. Spelunky is of course the obvious recommendation, and in response to your Indiana Jones question, I think they were all good (never played 'em).

Oddly enough Batman: Arkham Asylum feels a lot like those adventure movies, because you're exploring and platforming around in what are basically ruins and fighting wacky enemies with just your wits and your gadgets.

Outcast is available on GoG.com and it's basically Indiana Jones plus Star Trek. The Indiana Jones point and click adventure games are some of the best ever made, if you can get your hands on them.

Just Cause 2 is pretty much if Indiana Jones took a lot of steroids and traded in his wit and humor for guns and explosives.

Far Cry has a very Indiana Jones-esque feel, if your PC can handle it.

The Prince of Persia games might fit the bill. They're basically what Indiana Jones would be if it were set hundreds of years ago.

Resident Evil 5 certainly has the "racial stereotype of the natives" part down and it's pretty actiony, so it plays and feels similar to how Indiana Jones would handle zombies in Africa.

And I suppose if you're really desperate, you could play Splinter: Cell Chaos Theory as a light shooter/brawler/occasionally stab them-er. Then it basically turns into a modern Indiana Jones set entirely at night.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lego Indiana Jones.

Cynic Jester on
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would definitely reccommend Star Wars: Force Unleashed. It's like Indiana Jones, in space, with magical powers..and actiony stuffs.

Noizlanif on
  • mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, thanks guys, this'll keep me going for now. I've been meaning to give Arkham Asylum and the Prince Of Persia games a go for a while now anyway.

Cheers fellas.

mr-razzcocks on