As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA The Series: Season Finale

• odelay321odelay321 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I sobbed like a baby. These guys are great, and on top of that I realize that underneath all of the ink and internet jargon these people are still human.

Thanks penny arcade for being the place I look to first every morning when I turn on the internet.

odelay321 on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »
    LaCabra wrote: »
    i'm just imagining the face of khoo on a baby
    complete with facial hair
    aGCsT.png

This is unsettling.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • CuriousPencilCuriousPencil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A beautiful finale; seemed to augur more than an end to 2Player's involvement though. Maybe just me, but this feels like the precursor to a huge sea-change, along the lines of 'Well guys, you saw how much family means to us... we'll be updating once a week from now on'.

And I may as well moan about this too: the incongruity of a family special being front-ended by an advert for pizza pockets or whatever, is probably the singlemost disappointing thing I've seen associated with PA. Ever.

CuriousPencil on
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My ad was for Starcraft every time I watched it.

LaCabra on
  • AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nicely done.

I very much enjoyed the series as a whole, but this episode in particular was fantastic. Seeing Mike and Jerry with their families was moving. Like many others here, I got a little teary-eyed at some moments.

Thanks,

-AW

AriWerd on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The ad I got was for Comcast/Xfinity, which I didn't like just because I hate Ben Stein and Comcast.

KalTorak on
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, thanks for that, guys. I'll be a first-time-new dad myself, pretty soon, and I watched the video twice through just watching Mike and Jerry be *dads* and it made me really excited to be one. There are, of course, days when I'm excited and days when I'm nervous, so thanks for giving me another good day.

I did really like the video series, but I, for one, would be pleased to see new podcast episodes. Nothing against the video, and I fully intend to pick up the DVDs when they come out, but I really like the podcast format, what with the extended, rambling conversations and the ability for me to listen to them while I'm running. It's just a favorite format of mine.

npreecs on
    Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would drop everything to go out and film these guys

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awesome series, completely great in every way. PA people, 2PP, you are wonderful.

Pixel Blue on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    You just know that immediately after birth baby-Khoo is negotiating to lower the medical bill because the birth was so efficient the doctor didn't have to do much work.

Didn't you know Khoos reproduce by budding? There would be no baby Khoo. Only a Khoo2.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had a busy weekend so I have only just gotten around to watching this.

Amazing.

<3 Penny-Arcade <3

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    babykhoo.jpg

Chico, the law be damned..Will you marry me?

Buttcleft on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was really skeptical about about a PA reality television show. I'm really glad I decided to watch, because the entire thing has been fantastic. It may be the only reality show that actually grapples with reality.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    it's what i do. i poop on the parties.

Like all of them? House Party, Mario Party, WoW party, bachelor party, House Party 3?

Henroid on
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really don't understand how so many people weren't sure if it would be any good because they don't like reality tv. I mean really now, you didn't enjoy the Bachelorette so you weren't going to tune in for PATV? It's ridiculous how many people felt this way.

Roger Wilco on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It was described as a reality show. People don't like reality shows.

Fortunately, it isn't actually a reality show. Yet.

Javen on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Javen wrote: »

Yeah. It's really better described as a documentary.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man this was a fucking excellent cap to an outstanding season.

2PP, you guys are fucking rockstars. Incredible work all the way through and on this episode in particular.

Also, Jerry with hair.

Weird.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The story of Mike's lies getting shot down by Elliot is one of the funniest things in the whole series.

This run has been great. Big thanks and congrats to 2PP, the production on every episode has been awesome and made this show a mandatory feature of my week since the start. Good luck with whatever you guys do next.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Mr. Khoo, Mike doesn't respond to every single piece or fan email he gets, so I need you to get me some answers. Answers to hard hitting questions.

Who's on his fantasy team, and who got Aaron Rodgers?

Also how does he approach fantasy football as a non football fan?

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also how does he approach fantasy football as a non football fan?
    659873150_xVvHF-XXL.jpg

KalTorak on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I remember that. A fine comic, but it offers no real explanation as to how he goes about the game.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Stop hating on Creationists, bro.

Burden of Proof on
  • SlightlySlightly Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Lucent wrote: »
    On a less serious and sentimental note, I would love to see a Khoospawn sometime.
    highly unlikely.

What? Why?

Ooh. Yeah, chicks hate that.

Slightly on
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    highly unlikely.
    I don't think people understand. Khoo is married to his job.

It's what he refers to when he talks about sacrifice.

Twenty Sided on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, Jerry with hair.

Weird.

Decided to grow out my beard. Day Two: coming in rich and full, with a natural lustre.

Squall on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    Also, Jerry with hair.

Weird.

Decided to grow out my beard. Day Two: coming in rich and full, with a natural lustre.

Well, beards have never been an issue for him:
    215497326_sk9Ln-L-2.jpg

ASimPerson on
  • polycarbon21polycarbon21 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    [FTP = First Time Poster]

Dear Mike and Jerry,

I've been reading your comic since my sophomore year in high school 01'- 02' and I can't tell you the enjoyment I've gleaned from your ".jpg 3 days a week". Your the reason people should get out of bed early Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (ok, so no one should wish such an evil on someone). Your comics got me through a tough time of depression and the horrible things that follow closely behind that.

I want to thank you for providing the inspiration to get up every day, the inspiration to follow your dreams, and for inadvertently creating a community that is changing the world for the better through your influence.

With that out there I did want to comment on your PATV venture and I have to say it has now changed my Friday ritual. The inside look at the creating process, the members of the office (the man Robert), your unique environment and your closeness with your family. The only hitch I was was a comment made by Robert that you wouldn't do a table tennis episode or a pax episode or a childs play episode. For your company these are like seasons equivalent to Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, Easter etc and I think it would be a great opportunity to have those be a seasonly installment which just gets better over time.

Lets take Roseanne for example, not that it was a great show but when it was on tv thier Halloween episodes were the thing to watch in October because they were so outrageous and over the top. It would be great to see PA seasons just get more elaborate and extreme trying to one up the season before. But thats just me.

Again thanks for everything and I wish your a long and prosperous future for everything you do and may your families stay in good health.

Chris

polycarbon21 on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Goddamn I have that same argument with my best friend every single day

Dude literally grows a beard between 9 to 5

Gatsby on
  • pgiuocopgiuoco Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    You guys are amazing this series really has touched me, I had been feeling pretty down lately and I can watch any episode, laugh and lighten my day up just a little. All I can say is thank you for that, and like many others I truly wish there was some niche I could fill there.

pgiuoco on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Which episode was it were Jerry was asked what would happen if they didn't put up a comic one day?

chromdom on
  • THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Margarazzi wrote: »
    I'm a girl so I cried at the end.

I'm a boy and I cried too.

THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Really looking forward to the spin-off series where Khoo gets fired and becomes a renegade vigilante seeking justice on the streets, only in webcomics. Or something.

MORE KHOO

THE PEOPLE DEMAND IT

TychoCelchuuu on
  • LucentLucent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh god those Khoospawn pictures what Pandora's box did I open?

Lucent on
    s6e07VashAndJennySig2.png
    I'm afraid to click that spoiler. I'm not sure I want to know. I'll just keep trying to fuck everything. -- trentsteel
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, an episode shadowing Khoo could be really interesting or really tedious.

ROBERT KHOO, BUSINESS WHIZ
    *eight minutes of him sitting at a desk typing*

PENNY ARCADE

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • EzzelinEzzelin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    End wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Yeah. It's really better described as a documentary.

Exactly. I've never thought of it as a reality show, as it actually contains reality. It really is more of a documentary, but I figure that they call it a reality show because they're popular these days with the kids. I don't watch reality TV and will continue to not do so. Anyway, it was a wonderful documentary, and I hope it continues to be that way. My wife and I enjoyed the season a lot.

Ezzelin on
  • CuriousPencilCuriousPencil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LaCabra wrote: »
    My ad was for Starcraft every time I watched it.
    I'm glad then I was some kinda anomaly; maybe it's that I'm watching in the Netherlands? And the scrupulous filtering of approved content providers doesn't somehow apply... or maybe the guys just got it wrong. My pizza ad seems to be gone now. We'll say nothing more about it then.

EDIT: Nah, now it's Fiber One chewy chocolate bars. Guess nobody 'got' anything wrong. "Did" something wrong though... different ballgame. I guess "People have to eat, they may as well eat something we get paid to push in their faces" comes under different criteria than the foundational "we won't advertise games that we don't like" credo that always made me proud.

Obviously it's none of my business how you guys make your money, but this junkfood transition really, really sticks in the craw.

CuriousPencil on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've never seen any food-related ads on PATV

Ivar on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All I'm seeing is a black box. :?

I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and IE and it's the same. I have the latest flash, and nothing is blocked.

edit: It works if I go straight to the blip.tv address. Weird.

MKR on
    edited August 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    You know, an episode shadowing Khoo could be really interesting or really tedious.

ROBERT KHOO, BUSINESS WHIZ
    *eight minutes of him sitting at a desk typing*

PENNY ARCADE

There have to be cutaway shots/split-screens to show the effects of his typing.

Mainly big explosions, grown men weeping, tyrants being deposed, ladies getting sexy and trying to find him, dogs that have been hit by cars getting up uninjured, ICBMs launched by terrorists at the US diverted and instead blowing up giant asteroids about to hit Earth, youtube commenters' heads exploding, babies laughing, Jonty in a darkened meat warehouse furiously boxing sides of beef, the invention of peanuts that come out of the shell already covered in chocolate, Sinestro screaming in rage as he is foiled once again, adorable kittens doing things that people sometimes do, preventing Mike & Jerry from going out and getting lunch at 10:30 am...

You know, day-to-day stuff.

KalTorak on
This discussion has been closed.