As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• Options
    softCactussoftCactus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I tended to stick to playing tanks while I was learning what all the heroes did. They're generally harder to kill so more forgiving of mistakes.

softCactus on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh you don't need more than level 1 into e early game if you can predict them

But that takes time

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How comes Jax is no longer considered a top-tier champion? Did they make him killable now?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to see them give a buff to a few heroes.

I never see Kayle anymore. She sort of dropped off the grid at around level 15. Same with Alistair. I can't even tell you the last time I saw that dude in a game. Its probably been a month or more. There are a few others that I really never see either.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Peas wrote: »
    jarmis wrote: »
    sunfirebattle.png

Guys I might seriously main eve. She is actually a good tank.

I didn't use the most effective build, however it was amazing. I would do the better part of 200 damage a second. I could drop a wave of creeps in a couple seconds, if a hero wandered out without vision I could burn his health down hard and gank him when he tried to run. If he had vision I could just burn him down with my crazy effective hp we could just trade blows and I'd watch them die. I was amazing for initiating team fights, I would stealth in chase them around stun the carry and watch as everyone focused on me, then just sat there stunned when they realized I hadn't died but they were all missing nice chunks of hp.

Overall I would say Tank eve is the best eve.

Locket Eve for best eve
    Not gonna lie, that shouldn't have worked dude. Enemy team had an Amumu with 4 sunfires+despair and you have no MR. You should have melted anytime you went near him.
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    From the PA chat:
    PikaPuff (6:46): dac want to play?
    Dacovind (6:47): I just came back from a game where I went 10/1/21 and outfarmed everyone and was the biggest menace of my whole team
    failboattootoot (6:48): i believe it, morgana is nasty :O
    failboattootoot (6:48): thats an awesome game though
    Dacovind (6:49): despite this we lost because our tank was mentally silly, our dps kept on whining and our blitzcrank alterned between pulling the enemy tank and being afk
    Dacovind (6:49): :(
    Dacovind (6:50): one hour and 15 of what was basically the inspiration of Sartre's No Exit

Also being put against a pro heimerdinger at mid, SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. It's a fucking wonder my turret lasted as long as it did.
    Morgana counters Heimer. It's pretty funny, actually. (So does Mordekaiser!)

Also, you're a support hero, quit stealing kills from your carry. ;P
    If the other team has a Jungle Amumu, get a jungle Olaf to wreck his shit
    Yes. Unfortunately, in all ways Olaf is a hard counter to Amumu. =(

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'd like to see them give a buff to a few heroes.

I never see Kayle anymore. She sort of dropped off the grid at around level 15. Same with Alistair. I can't even tell you the last time I saw that dude in a game. Its probably been a month or more. There are a few others that I really never see either.

You're insane. Kayle is Tier 1. It may be the elo range you're currently in, Kayle is very very good. Alistair isn't quite as OP but he is still quite good and I see him fairly frequently and a good Alistair player is really annoying in team fights.

Nisi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I see Kayle all the fucking time.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Speaking of counters to Heimer, you know what we learned last night? Nunu makes a great counter to Heimer. He can run in and devour a turret for an insta-kill.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    I am so goddamn tired of jungle amumus.

Gonna ban amumu out of spite.

After last night I think I will seriously ban Amumu over Soraka even.

I suspect we saw a new meta game in progress there now that healers tend to be banned.

Slicer on
  • Options
    SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What makes Kayle great? I loved playing as her for a while, but felt weak until level 18.

Snare on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Snare wrote: »
    What makes Kayle great? I loved played as her for a while, but felt weak until level 18.

amazing farming abilities, ridiculously good with just rageblade + nashor's tooth, gamechanging ult on low cooldown, great heal, great dps through e, slow on q

very good

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What makes Kayle great? I loved played as her for a while, but felt weak until level 18.

I'd like to know this also. I rarely see her, and when I do, she is fairly ineffectual in the game. I simply don't see how you guys have concluded that she's a top tier character, because every time I've seen Kayle, she is bringing her team down.

Her support abilities are not as good as other support, and her offensive capabilities are not as good as other melee or mages (depending on how you build her).

She just seems very "C Tier" to me.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, the heal is good. The ult, I find didn't last long enough to be really effective quite often. But yeah, in her teen levels you could destroy waves of creeps no worries.

Snare on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Quick question: Can I get a ammumu jungle guide that is effective?
    Go 9/21/0 (other choices are available)
    Take Cloth Armor + 5 HP Pots
    Take Despair at Level 1
    Rune for MPen / Armor or Dodge / MR or Cooldowns / Flat HP Quints
    Take Ghost + Smite
    Start on Golem, then just rotate around. Don't gank to early, esp. if needed.

That's how I do it. I'm not the best Amumu on this board though.

I go 1/18/11 (smite / defensive stuff + hp / xp boost + buff duration) for masteries.

Runes are hp, magic pen, dodge, cd reduction (could do something else with glyphs, those are just the ones I have).

Cloth armor + 5hp, take despair, golem (smite) --> wolves --> ghosts (smite) --> little golems, recall (buy boots + more potions), lizard (smite) --> enemy wolves --> enemy golem --> dragon (if you can get an assist from bottom), otherwise work back through your bottom jungle, then get dragon. Cover lanes as needed if people have to recall or get killed. Gank once you hit level 6, do so every time your ult is up until teamfights start.

For items, normally I go heart of gold, merc treads, and lots of sunfire capes (with a frozen heart or banshee's veil if the other team is melee or magic heavy). Sometimes I'll replace the heart of gold with an aegis.

Amumu is really hard to jungle without level 30 and full runes, but he also does fine in lane: my build for that is 9/0/21, cleanse+ghost, start with doran's shield, 1 HP potion, and tantrum, otherwise the same item build.

I have a lot of success as the 1v2 playing Mummu when WW jungles, but I did want to figure out the jungling plan if I had to do it. Jungling is OP as hell. You cannot disrupt it. I know people think they can lock it down, but if you're WW and you think people will go golem to try messing with you.... you can get either your lizard, your wolves (then move up to golem and they've missed the first creep wave or two), your baby golems, or their liz 1/2 of the jungle (but you have to sneak there from mid). One game recently they had wards on their golem and the dragon, and I'd just wait til they couldn't really leave their lane to do those. It's somethign that needs to be addressed I think, because it really warps gameplay.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What makes Kayle great? I loved playing as her for a while, but felt weak until level 18.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2055077#post2055077
    Elementz wrote:
    Q Single target nuke + slow + increased damage taken = You use this on someone and this blow them up with focus fire with ease.

W A heal that also increases your MS. Making it easier to dive, get away from ganks, and chase easily.

E AoE splash + increased damage..

R And a spell that makes you invulnerable on a short CD.

She is not only the best carry for simply her base damage buffs from skills and passive but also one of the best support champions in the game at the same time. You mix super carry with super support = the best champion in the game hands down. Anyone who doesn't think Kayle is OP should go check out Reginaid's solo queue games. Over 20 games with Kayle and people wonder why he's rank 1 Elo.

If that isn't proof enough then.. XD.

Once she is geared her offensive abilities destroy. Plus the support and the invuln and the slow/damage amp.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The ult doesn't seem like much on paper but even 2 seconds at level 1 can make a huge difference.

For comparison Katarina's ult lasts for 2.6 seconds and I don't think I need to say how powerful that can be, for example.

Slicer on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have yet to see a Morgana/Kayle/Kat combo. Not sure why, cause it sounds powerful.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've seen some people play kayle like soraka. Passive support. Aggressive kayle can get shit done though.

Also have you ever been on a pub team that is so full of assholes you're actually kinda upset when you win? You just want them to die so they can not be jerks the whole game? I had a Yi in my game just now like that. He demanded mid from me (morgana) and nidalee saying we're support and can't hold mid. Constantly yelled at people to get back because they were at half health and therefore ONE MUSHROOM WILL KILL YOU!!!!!111, talked shit to the other team and was just an all around asshole.

And then he did amazingly well. He killed tristana in mid about 4 times, After the 4th time, went and stole the lizard from our jungler, killed our two guys in our lane, and then made it back to go take care of the tower just as she was getting back.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, when it's all written down like that, she looks great :)

I just tried looking for a youtube of Reginaid but couldn't find anything? Is there another site?

Snare on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Elementz is a cocksucker

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    a cocksucker that is good at lol

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But he's still a cocksucker

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I just tried looking for a youtube of Reginaid but couldn't find anything? Is there another site?

I couldn't find any vids of his Kayle, and he doesn't play her as often lately. Check his profile in game. If you watch higher level player streams though such as hotshotgg's livestream you'll see Kayle being played, either by his team or the opposing.

Lately I've been focusing on getting better with Amumu/Annie/Kayle so I've played a lot of games with Kayle and she is pretty awesome. Had a game playing her the other day where I carried with a 18/3/something score.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

I couldn't find any vids of his Kayle, and he doesn't play her as often lately. Check his profile in game. If you watch higher level player streams though such as hotshotgg's livestream you'll see Kayle being played, either by his team or the opposing.

Lately I've been focusing on getting better with Amumu/Annie/Kayle so I've played a lot of games with Kayle and she is pretty awesome. Had a game playing her the other day where I carried with a 18/3/something score.

Here you go, top tier kayle, play starts at about 20 minutes

http://www.justin.tv/a/clgame/b/267659506

softCactus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks y'all!

Snare on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    Also have you ever been on a pub team that is so full of assholes you're actually kinda upset when you win?

When I reach a point where I don't want my team to win (usually because of one or two players) I have no problem with just leaving the game. Knowing these shitfaces, they get mad about this and start to rage, and if an innocent player is super upset about one more loss in their profile, well that's just sad. This is not ranked, by the way.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Welp I appear to be qualified for this WCG thing how did this happen

Slicer on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pookiepoo wrote: »
    Man, I am so interested in this game. I have read most of the thread here and concluded that the learning curve is so impossibly steep and the community is so impossibly cruel that there is no fun to be had. I hope that real IDs and influx of new players in SC2 helps the ineveitable SC2 version of dota to be more accessible.

I want to play a dota D:

As someone who has only been playing for something like 4-6 weeks now I would disagree with most of what you have said here. This game is FUN if you have ever braved the world of Xbox live public games or World of Warcraft general or battle ground chat you know about what sort of people to expect to hear chatting in the game. Imo it is far less bad than the average person makes it sound (much like WoW and XBL for that matter). Download the game solo que and learn the game, who cares if you are losing it's still fun and people complaining likely aren't all that good either so don't worrry about them.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am tooo

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    On a 4 win streak as a suiciding mordekeiser. I initiate with no thought for my own safety. Oh and I build a ghostblade every game.

softCactus on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    WW is a shit ton of fun, but sometimes I feel like I'm not contributing enough.

I'm going to learn Zillean or Morde or someone

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pretty much all you have to do with warwick is hit hunter's call every time it's up, and BAM, you've contributed.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Pretty much all you have to do with warwick is hit hunter's call every time it's up, and BAM, you've contributed.
    Well I mean I do that and I go from lane to lane after I'm 6 and setup ganks, which most certainly helps the lane. I just feel like I need a character that can harass more and scare mans.

I went 14-0 yesterday as WW, I just want someone who is ranged and can lane.

I've sucked several times with Zillean, but I'd definitely like to try him again.

His lane management is just so baws and he does so much damage.

I think I'm going to learn Zillean or some other ranged, like Tristana or some bs.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my undefeated record as poppy in ranked continues!

God damn I love that yordle. I get to start a teamfight by either outright killing or dropping someone to 10% hp without taking any damage. After that I get to hammer every ~3 seconds for like 1/5 of their HP and charge like an idiot over and over until we win

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

actually they nerfed it, it isn't global any more

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, yes, you have to be near people. It's still awesome. Free recurve bows for all!

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Not any more. It is not longer global.

EDIT Beaten.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow

Just had a random occurrence in my game that was stupid by itself, but it also ended up costing my team the game.

I was playing as Garen and I was bottom lane with Jax. We were against Vlad and Katarina and were pretty evenly matched. It was a circular game of cat and mouse and nobody was able to get a real advantage. Then out of the blue both teams show up in full force in that lane right at the same time.

I don't understand. We were all level 5 in our lane. Nobody had their ult, and nobody was particularly threatened. It was a very even battle. Then out of nowhere, we had 10 people in the bottom lane. There was no map ping and no coordination. It just happened. One minute it was a 2v2 and then out of some random happenstance it was a 5v5.

I was on the phone the entire time and was incredibly distracted, but I'm pretty sure my team lost the fight. I survived and my buddy Jax survived, but the other 3 that came down to join us got killed.

And after that the game went very rapidly downhill.

The thing that blows my mind is just how both teams showed up at the exact same time that early in the game. It was so incredibly random yet perfectly synchronized.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the best was when i was in a 2v2 pretty evenly matched and then their ashe shoots an arrow down our lane and then comes out of the fog of war, our shen ults in on the stunned guy, and both team's pantheons jumped in.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    when I'm playing a tank I love having an enemy ashe

yes. shoot me from across the map! Make these dudes rush in at me to capitalize and then realize there is no way they are dropping me before my yordle buddies kick their asses straight out they mouths

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif