As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Grimm IC] The Lost Boys

13»

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "I... I really want to fly," Benny says, wistfully. Heart and soul, he's willing to accept anything as a possibility here.

streever on
  • Options
    BeerbabyBeerbaby Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Patrick shrugs off Benny's reprimand, and provides the obvious answer. "Uh, I don't think we know how to fly."

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Peter ponders Benny for a moment before nodding.

"Alright," he says, nodding at Tink. The little ball of light snatches up a pouch from Pan's belt and darts over to Benny, raining down a multi-colored dust onto his head. The orb gives a little musical hum before darting back to the wild child.

"Now fly." is all he says.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "Aw, how hard can it be?" Locke brushes off the others' concerns. "If this boy can handle it, I can. You just, um..."

Tucking her stick into her sash, she raised her arms and chanted the mystical incantation. "Up, up and away!!"

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Peter eyes Locke with obvious annoyance but quickly returns his attention to Benny.
    I was thinking how I wanted to do this.. but I think rather than making you guess how to activate the powder, I'll just tell you. To fly once you've been sprinkled with the dust, you just expend an Imagination point.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    TenshicakesTenshicakes Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reggie stands there, arms crossed, still upset about finding herself in this strange place and ridiculous situation with a bunch of crybaby goody two-shoes. "This is so stupid," she mutters to herself, rolling her eyes as the others discuss flying.

As soon as Tink flies over to Benny and sprinkles him in pretty dust, she unfolds her arms and watches, eyes wide...She is filled with a burning urge to be sprinkled with the dust too but she can't bring herself to say it aloud.

Tenshicakes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Benny closes his eyes, imaging that he's floating up and away from the world. He focuses on being above these other--rather strange--children.
    Alright, I'll burn a point!

streever on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Imagination pooooint!

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Having some computer issues. Will try to get a post up from my ipod in a bit.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All of a sudden Benny is up in the air, though rather unstably. He wobbles this way and that as he slowly begins to float upward.

Peter looks on, apparently pleased.

"Not bad," he says. "Next?" And with that, he nods, to which Tink responds by showering all the other children with the same apparently magical dust.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Benny grins, blissfully. He knew it! He knew that they could do it. It doesn't even seem that hard, he thinks, as he floats unsteadily about.
    benny is susceptible to charm/illusion, so I figured I'd play it up that he would have no problem believing he could fly. With his massive imagination & gaming, it's all he'll be good at really :D

streever on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Woohoo! Way to go, Benny my lad!" Locke crowed.

Her early non-powdered effort having not succeeded, she concentrated again and spent an Imagination on soaring into the air!

ronrab on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kenny wasn't really that great on imagination- He was brave and loyal and pretty strong...but he never wasn't really experienced at pretending.

He flexed his mental muscles, doing his best to fly...and nothing happened, despite sweat starting to bead on his forehead. Frustrated, he looked to Peter in askance.
    Can't make it too easy after all :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "That doesn't look too hard...its like jumping but without falling down! I can jump just fine!"

Patrick crouches down to aid his spring, and leaps into the air as hard as he can, rushing upwards into the sky.

"AAAAAH!!!", he shouts, "How do I stop??? HELP!!!"
    Imagination point spent, down to 0.

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Peter and his boys all laugh as Patrick goes soaring into the air totally out of control.

"think heavy thoughts," one of them yells.

Meanwhile Peter looks back to Kenny. "What's that cape for if not flying? Looks like you should be a pro at it."

InkSplat on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kenny looked behind him and did a double take- he hadn't even realized he was wearing his cape... He never wore it in public. Blushing, he muttered "Never really flew before...".

Turning around and looking at the sky, he remembered what it felt like to pretend to fly in his little room, mustered his courage and shouted "UP, UP, AND AWAY!" Before zooming up in a classic superman pose.
    Imagination spent, obviously.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oatmeal. School books. Shopping bags.

His face screwed up with concentration, Patrick slowly drifts down to near ground level.

"Thanks."

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Benny continues to float skyward, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. "My dad told me about you," he says suddenly, turning easily in mid-air and looking straight at the Pan. "He told me about a lot of things."

streever on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    "Air pirates... who'd've thought it..." Locke murmurs, drifting lazily in midair. She tries a cartwheel, rolling off randomly. "Ho, ho there," she mutters, taking a minute to get herself right side up again.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sorry about the delay!

Watching the others float through the air, Reggie has to prevent a smile from creeping over her face. It's real. They're really flying... She's almost afraid to try herself, fearing that for some reason, she alone will not be able to fly.

She closes her eyes and imagines herself lifting off the ground, slowly, slowly...
    (spends an imagination point)

She hesitates for a moment, afraid to open her eyes but manages to slowly peel them open to find herself hovering two feet above the ground!

Tenshicakes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Locke grins, and wordlessly floats down, offering Reggie a hand.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Reggie glances at Locke distrustfully at first, but wrapped up in the excitement of the moment, she takes her hand.

Tenshicakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Patrick tries a couple of swoops and turns, the jock getting familiar with the physicality of flight. The thrill of the experience is a little diminshed by the circumstances, and he flies back near Pan and his boys.

"So...um. We can fly now, which is...weird. How do we get home from here, please?"

Beerbaby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Yeah, I wanna get outta here!" Reggie adds, trying to acclimate herself to the lack of earth beneath her feet.

Tenshicakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    is this happening? is this still a thing? if people are interested, I'm happy to run one of these myself.

streever on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would like to continue. I'm really interested in trying Grimm.

Tenshicakes on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    streever on